[PP-F1] Freedom, for now (Keith, Torunn)

Finally, out of the orphanage at last. This was her fourth try and the only successful one at that. Peppermint, or as the women had been calling her Mint, meandered through the town with one thing in her mind. To fight a boar. It had been in her thoughts ever since learning that this game was not like the others. There was a chance that ones life could be taken, from both this world and the real one. Mint did not have a suicide wish, but she did have the desire to get stronger. And the only was to get stronger was to fight monsters. The women at the orphanage did not believe that a child could fight. Mint knew she could though. She was not the only who had the will to fight either. There had been rumors about a girl before her who felt the same desire. Her name had been Torunn. 

Finally, after several minutes of walking (running was out of the question since it looked suspicious) Mint made it to the gate of the town. With a swipe of her small hand the menu was pulled down. All she had was a weapon--a dagger to be exact--and not one potion. Risky, but worth it. No time could be spent getting potions since it would be obvious that her presence was missing at the orphanage and they would send someone to find her. Her time was freedom was running out.  

"...And that's how I saved Christmas!" Keith said to Torunn, who sat on his shoulders. He had just finished a very long story, and judging by his familiar, Ruby, who was sleeping on his head, they must have been out there for some time. Keith was just down on Floor 1 with Torunn, taking a casual walk with her. Since Torunn hated being taken to the orphanage over and over again, Keith had adopted her. That was one way to handle it, and frankly, Keith really did like Torunn. The two definitely had a parent-child relationship. Keith then stopped, seeing a small figure by the town. 

"Huh... Is that a friend of your's, Torunn?" Keith asked, looking up at piggy-back passenger before looking back to the other player. "Hey! Are you lost?" Keith asked, jogging over to the other player and stopping near her. "Are you out here on your own?" He asked, tilting his head slightly as he spoke.

Torunn had just heard a kind of amazing story that did totally not fit in the time of year but was still quite awesome. As Papa Keith did ask her if she knew the girl over there.

Torunn responded with "Not sure, i think i seen her at the orphan once or twice, but not sure, i was not there much after all, i did my best to run away all the time instead of try and stay there" she said with a smile.

Yuki then said "I think i actually might have talked with her at some point but, i don't think we ever told her our names, so i don't actually know her name" Yuki said.

As Papa Keith did go towards the girl, as they did get over there Torunn jumped down and did see the slightly taller girl with her dagger drawn as Torunn smiled "No need for weapons against us miss, were not here to try an attack you i promise that" she said and equipped her own gear that did totally not fit her size, she had a rather large morning star and a tower shield that was almost a half time bigger then herself as she did lay the shield down on the ground and sat on it and said "I'm Torunn, and this old man is Keith, and the one on his head is Ruby, and last this is Yuki" she said and held her hand forward as she presented Yuki

Not even a mile out of the gate and someone had decided to approach her. It was a male player and young female around her age; a bit smaller than herself. The male had questioned her; asking if she was lost and by herself. To the first question, Mint nodded no, she was not lost and the second received a yes. Of course she was by herself. Hearing the girl mentioned something about a dagger not being needed caused Mint to involuntary flinch and quickly put it down by her side as a gesture of peace. Never, ever would that dagger be used on another player; not if it could be helped.

As it turns out their names were Keith, Yuki, Ruby and finally Torunn. Torunn. It took Mint's mind a second to realize that Torunn's name had matched the name of the girl before her; the one who escaped and then finally got adopted. With that thought, those same eyes flew up to Keith. Had be been the one to adopt her? It was entirely possible. Wide chartreuse eyes went back and forth between the pair before Mint realized they were waiting for a name. Or at least something to call her. "A pleasure," Mint inclined her head ever so slightly as a greeting, "I'm Mint." 

Keith blinked and resisted the urge to say, "Yes you are!". She seemed so new to the game. Default items, young stature, and the wide-eyed look just said new player. Or, a 'Mint' player. "Mint? Neat name! Nice to meet ya!" He said, seeing how authoritative the child seemed. Keith looked at Torunn and then to Mint, before looking back to the field. "Say, were you planning to go kill some boars? If so, me and Torunn are totally willing to help out! Besides, Torunn needs a little more practice fighting." 

Naturally, this seemed like a good idea to Keith. Mint seemed young, and so did Torunn. The two could train together. While Keith wouldn't actually take part in the fight, he would watch over it, to make sure they wouldn't get hurt. Though, Keith wondered where Mint's supervisor was exactly. Unless, she ran away like Torunn did.

Torunn looked at Mint and giggled as she got up standing again. "You look like you recognize my name Mint, you must be from the Orphan, i'm sure they are still mad that i did actually manage to escape from that hellhole " she then picked up her shield and mace and looked at her Papa and smirked.

"Your silly Papa, last time i saved your butt from that big wasp, it almost had you" she said and did put her mace down her side as she gave a hand to mint to say hello to a fellow escapie.

Torunn had seen that she recognized the name and then promptly assumed that she was an escapee. All correct. Taking the extended hand, Mint gave a little shake before move both hands to clasp behind her back. Then a head tilt was directed toward the field. A "you choose" type gesture. Eagerness shined in her eyes as she waited for Keith or Torunn to pick one. 

These two were obviously close to one another. If "Papa" wasn't a hint of that then just from the interactions. Warm. Playful. Interested. Was this was a "normal" relationship looked like between children and parents? The teachers at school liked to think that she didn't hear them talk about her and her parents. The way both of them focused more on work than the own daughter. But what did they know? Nothing. Those teachers who thought her parent were selfish didn't know that for a month or two that had experienced poverty, and then had a baby on top of them. They didn't know the discomfort of not being able to feed a growing baby what it needed, or have someone sacrifice one's food for the other. They didn't know. 

Just being around them made Mint curious as to what a relationship with her parents would be like if they acted like that. She even tried to picture it. The image was strange and foreign. Without even realizing it a frown decorated her child-like features and her eyes dropped down. 

Keith nodded and lifted Torunn off his shoulders, setting her down next to the other child. "Alright, I see one boar over there." He said, pointing to the boar that was sniffing a patch of weeds. "You two can start out with him, and if things get bad, I'll run in and make him into bacon bits." He said with a smile, looking back over to the two kids. "Sound good? Shouldn't be too hard for the two of you to take down." Keith then saw Mint's expression and he tiled his head, lowering himself to her level and pacing a hand on her head. 

"Hey... You alright? Something got you down?" Keith asked, concerned for her. He was exceedingly good with people, and had a way of cheering them up. This was especially true for Keith's lover, Kiru, who had a knack for being angry about everything. Keith, however, seemed to be the only exception. If something was bothering Mint, Keith would be sure to make an effort to try and help her.

Torunn looked at the two and smirked "Don't get all lovely dovy with her Keith, can't you see she just want to make that boar into bacon before you do it?".

She then started walking towards the boar looking back at the two. "Come on you two don't be slacking around" she said teasingly.

As Yuki was not saying much today since she was about to get to beat a boar into bacon.

It was a hand being placed on her head that brought her back to the present. Chartreuse eyes automatically jerked up to find that Keith had kneeled down, concern shining in his eyes. "Nothing's wrong," Mint replied softly, not really too sure if that was the truth or not. Despite not knowing she did know one fact, she was fine. Always had been. Always will be. The relationship with her parents didn't matter if she was stuck in this game forever. With that thought, a new wave of determination washed over her. Torunn statement had not been completely correct, but it would detract his attention from her; which became the new goal. Making eye contact, she allowed a smirk to grace her features. Her eyes slide over to Torunn and then back to him before ducking out from under his hand to go follow the other girl. Dagger ready to make an attack. Torunn could go first. 

Keith smiled and sat down, Ruby crawling onto his lap and purring slightly as he watched the two approach the boar. "You two got this!" He called out, watching as the pair of kids headed off towards the boar. "...I feel like those two are gonna be close." Keith said, stretching his arms and patting Ruby, watching the small carbuncle nod in agreement. Of course, it was just speculation. But from the looks of things, they had enough similarities. That urge to do what they are told not to, leaving the orphanage, and just wanting to kill stuff and become stronger.

[You two can battle the boar and I'll post when you're done.]

Torunn looked back towards Mint and smiled "You can go first, since you already got your weapon ready to beat it up" she said looking at mint.

"I be charging in the second you taken your turn Mint, so go ahead and start the fight you been waiting for" she said with a smile equipping all her gear so that she was ready to fight.

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 0

[Mint 5/5] Hate 0

[boar 5/5] (Not Aggressive Yet)

(a Hit gives 1 hate, a crit gives 2)

Torunn had suggested that she go first. Shrugging, Mint posed the dagger in her hand so that the blade was facing downward. Then a deep breath was taken before she charged forward. Since the boar was not paying attention to them quite yet it was easy to make the hit. The dagger in her hand pierced the hide of the boar. There was a high pitched squealing noise that filled the air seconds after. Just a quickly as Mint had stabbed the monster she pulled the dagger back out and prepared a defense. Being sure to never stay still. Now, the boar was totally focused on her. Torunn was up next while she kept the boars focus.  

ID# 11040

BD: 8  (1 Damage)

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 0

[Mint 5/5] Hate 0

[boar 4/5] 

((OOC: Which one of us controls the boar??))

Torunn was ready to attack but she stumbled over a rock and did fall back over as she giggled. "That was not quite what i had in mind for my first round of this fight" she said and got up standing and held her shield in front of herself.

"Be sure to defend against it's attack it will be coming for you now since you managed to get it angry at you"

ID# 11049

BD: 3 (Miss Damage)

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 0

[Mint 5/5] Hate 1

[boar 4/5] 

((OOC: Which one of us controls the boar You))

Nodding was all Mint had time to do before the boar charged her. It had happened too fast for anything to be done. The boars tusks dug into her forearms as it pushed her back slightly. Good thing the feeling of pain was not transfer or that would have been detrimental. In order to get out of the boars grasp Mint let her left knee fold and then used the sudden downward momentum to do a shoulder roll to the left. As soon as she was righted she pierced the short blade into the shoulder area of the muscular body. Once again, she jerked it back out, quickly putting distance between the monster and herself. The boar turned to fix it's glaring red eyes on her. Mint's eyes narrowed in concentration, being sure to watch so maybe next time she could dodge the charge. Switch. 

ID#11050

BD: 9 (Critical Damage +1)

MOD: 8

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 0

[Mint 4/5] Hate 3

[boar 2/5] 

Torunn was not having her day, as she had finally got up again and took a step she did trip over her own legs, and soon she was on the ground once more.

Torunn looked over at Mint to see the boar kept on smashing her. "Papa i think its time you smash that boar before Mint disappears for a long long time" she said looking at Mint.

ID#11053

BD: 1 (Critical Miss)

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 0

[Mint 4/5] Hate 3

[boar 3/5] 

The switch didn't happen. Mint wasn't too concerned about it though. Her HP bar had only gone down one; nothing to fret over. Hopefully, Keith would realize that as well and not come to her aid. She could do this.  There was no doubt in her mind that she could. So when the boar started to paw at the ground and lower its head Mint knew what was coming. Placing the dagger better chartreuse eyes watched as the monster then took off toward her. Mint waited. and waited. Until finally she moved. Unfortunately, she was just a tab slow that time as well. While dodging away the tusk had grazed her leg. Another hit point down. That wasn't the end of it though. While the boar was running past her dagger blade dug into it back. Due to the momentum the dagger then dug across the back of the monster before sliding out of its town accord. A short red gash now decorated the back of the MOD. Brushing a strand of raven colored hair out of her face Mint breathed and faced the creature once more. This was almost over. 

ID# 11057

BD: 8

MOD: 6

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 0

[Mint 3/5] Hate 4

[boar 1/5] 

Torunn finally got up standing and moved quickly towards the Boar that did totally ignore hr by now, as she slammed her mace into the side of the boar slamming it to the ground.

Torunn looked at Mint and giggled "Sorry for the wait, it was a little harder to have the gods on your side then i hoped"

ID# 11083

BD: 6 (HIT!!!!!!)

MOD: 6

[Torunn 11/11] Hate 1

[Mint 3/5] Hate 4

[boar 0/5] 

Keith looked up from the battle and blinked in surprise, seeing how quickly they got it done. He stretched his arms and yawned, lifting Ruby up and placing him on his shoulder again, as he walked over to the two and smiled. "Not too bad! Seems you two handled that really well!" He said happily, looking between he two kids and then looking at Mint. "Say, you look like you took a couple hits back there. You feeling alright?" Keith asked her, tilting his head slightly to the side. Ruby still sat on his shoulder, tilting his head slightly as well, as if to put more emphasis on the question. While most players shrugged it off, boars were actually pretty dangerous. Especially to those who have low defenses.

And it was over. Mint allowed her to take a breath and assess herself before actually answering Keiths question. "Umhum," Mint nodded, blink up at him. Nothing hurt. The only thing that changed was her level of tiredness. If anything had changed it would be the excitement coursing within her veins. Fighting had been surprisingly more...challenging than Mint originally thought. Challenging, but really enjoyable. To prove that she really was a-okay Mint flashed Keith a broad smile. It disappeared as quickly as it arrived.