[PP-F9] Rocket Through

"Vulcan Town."

At least, she thought that was the right name. Even if it wasn't, the portal got her where she needed to go. The heat pressed up against her face like an awkward conversation, leaving her breathless for a few seconds before she acclimated. Icarus on the other hand was totally fine. After all, this was the floor she'd met him. The occasional mat hunting or mob slashing trip was in order, so she had agreed to meet Baldur here. She'd completed his item, so she held it in the safety of her inventory until she could trade it over to him. What better way to test it out than in combat?

"C'mon, let's go wait for Baldur away from the portal."

People were porting in at a steady rate. With the 10th floor unlocked, last minute training and prep for the 10th floor boss fight tended to happen on the 9th floor. Not that she minded. Though, she wanted to go see the 10th floor soon...

Baldur appeared in the middle of Vulcan. He really hated this town. Who would put a town over an active volcano, especially suspended there by chains? He needed to get out of this city and onto solid ground as quickly as possible. Just up ahead, however, he saw Tyger and Icarus. The little critter seemed to be excited to be back on his home floor. Baldur idly wondered if maybe the little guy was freezing cold on other floors where there wasn't an oppressive, in your face, actively trying to kill you kind of heat.

"Hey pretty lady!" Baldur called out and waved to her before jogging over to join her and the coal covered creature.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Did we really need to go looking for mats on this floor?" He gave her a wry smile. He may have been born at the foot of an active volcano, but that didn't mean he liked them. Well, he was fascinated by them, but standing on a metal trap suspended over one was a whole separate thing.

Icarus saw Baldur before Tyger did, so when the familiar bounded towards her partner, she turned around to see the man walking towards her. Her gaze softened, and she smiled when he greeted her. 

"Hello handsome."

She answered back, returning his wave. He apologized for being late, and Tyger smirked. 

"Guess i'll just have to keep these two super awesome pieces of gear to myself then, eh?"

She pulled up the inventory and traded over Baldur's newest pieces of armor. The Bracers and Armor he'd requested had only taken a few days to make, and thankfully he'd placed his order before ??? or they'd still be waiting. She'd get to this stuff soon enough. 

"What better way to test it out than on this floor, hmm?"

Besides, Icarus really really liked this floor.

Name of ItemAmateru ("Shining in Heaven")

Crafted by: Tyger, Catfish Forge

Type: Heavy Armor

Rarity: Perfect

Modifier: +2 Lifesteal, +1 Accuracy

Description: A perfect set of armor to protect a loved one.

Name of Item: Knight's Guard

Crafted by: Tyger, Catfish Forge

Type: Bracers

Rarity: Perfect

Modifier: +2 Bleed, +1 Accuracy

Description: Black and Gold Gauntlets with the power to do some massive damage, accurately at that.

Tyger trades over these two items~

Baldur's jaw dropped when he saw the items she put up in the trade window. He couldn't hit the accept button fast enough.

"That's... that's fabulous! They're perfect!" whizzing through the UI, Baldur equipped the armor and vambraces as fast as he possibly could. Once all of the gear had been equipped he pulled a mirror out of his inventory and looked himself over. "How do I look? Cause I think I look pretty censored!"

He smiled broadly at Tyger and then picked her up in a big bear hug and whirrled her around. He now finally had a full set of perfect gear just like she did. Hopefully his ideal gear specs would pay off. He figured that with a tank always at his side, he wouldn't be taking many things down head on, so when he did get hit it would be unavoidable AoE damage. By throwing in lifesteal on top of Battle Healing, he would be quickly regaining the lost HP rather than trying to mitigate damage that wasn't consistently targeting him, and the bleed would improve his already considerable damage against a single target.

Tyger watched, grinning from ear to ear as Baldur tried on his newest armor in record speed. She had to admit, he did look rather fetching. As he turned around and examined the newest sets, she examined him and smirked. 

"Looking good there, Tex."

She purred, brushing off a few pieces of ash that'd settled on his shoulders. By the active Volcano, it was a common sight.

"You look super badass. I have to admit though, i'm kinda sad. You're totally stronger than I am now."

She stuck her tongue out at him, but was picked up and spun around before she could continue to tease him. Once she had movement in her arms, she wrapped her arms around Baldur's neck and grinned.

"Just keeping us safe til we get back home. I've got a lot more planned in my life, and I want you there with me."

Baldur grinned at her, and then gave her directions to the gun show, just in case she had missed where it was.

"I can only be this strong because I'm made of glass now. I need a big strong soul consuming ginger to keep my delicate ankles safe."

His grin spread from ear to ear as he looked at her, and his blue eyes sparkled with love and merriment. He had an energy in him and she knew that he couldn't wait to take it for a test drive.

"So what did you want to come here for? More mats for the shop?" He cast his blue eyes about, looking for a mob nearby. He remembered those volcanic hounds he had fought last time he was up here looking for mats. He hated those guys. They thought they were hot stuff, just because they could belch magma. And then there had been the giant bats in the cave which had almost killed that kid. He really didn't care for this floor, but his eyes flickered over to the tiny critter running happily around Tyger, jumping up and down and making little Magma Dragon versions of ash angels. He couldn't really hate the floor when Icarus seemed to be so happy to be home.

Tyger stooped down to scratch Icarus a few times behind his earridges before nodding.

"Yeah, i'd lucked out the other day when I went hunting, but i'm getting close to that time, ya know? Need to come out and kill a few things."

The female chuckled, knowing that both of them had spent quite a few days combined time on this floor grinding for mats and gear. 

"Besides, Icarus loves this place."

Sometimes that was the only excuse she could come up with to stay here for long periods of time. Under all this armor it was just so freakin' hot.

"You don't have to stay if you don't wanna, I just wanted to give you your armor before I started. But,  you're welcome to come along~"

Baldur grinned at Tyger and opened and closed his fists in his new gauntlets.

"Oh heck no! Like  We need to take this out for a test drive."

Baldur grinned, still preening and looking at how amazing the armor turned out. "It really is beautiful!" He turned his grin back on his ginger tiger, and then pointed towards the bridge, "Shall we?"

The town still made him nervous, perhaps a bit more so now that his armor wasn't quite as protective as it was previously, but this should work out in the long run, he just needed to get used to the changes.

"Do you know where you want to go searching?"

Baldur seemed to really enjoy the gear, which warmed her heart. As long as she could keep him safe, and kick some ass in the meantime, she'd be fine.

"Something like... that."

She smirked, pointing her sword at a creature off in the distance. From it's sillouette, it looked like something akin to one of the hellhounds running around. In the Ceberus cavern they stayed in packs, but out here, they were all lone wolves. Taking up a stance, Tyger smirked at her boyfriend before charging with Icarus in tow. 

"Beat you thereeeeeee~"

She chided, slamming her sword into the creature. It let out a surprised 'yip' given that Tyger was no where near aggro zone. The attack had come off as such a shock, the hound missed it's attack all together.

ID 12200 BD: 7, CD 12, MD 4

-Tyger deals 6+1 Damage

<Tyger> 37/37

<Hellhound> 13/20

<Baldur>