[SP-F1] Stop Being Pathetic! [Completed]

I had noticed ever since being trapped in the game Brooke's fun-loving attitude and uplifting presence had changed. She was completely different and I hated everything about it. Every night I had to listen to her cry and watch her beautiful lovely eyes turn to something I despised looking into every time I spoke to the girl face-to-face. My sadness had depleted and turned into a longing to see my family and beat the game while helping as much as I could. I wasn't fine actually far from it I missed reality so much but couldn't find the strength or want and need to cry. No tears came out unless I thought of my father who'd left so long ago or my runaway brother. Nothing else hurt my heart as much as that even in these situations. I decided to help Broo-Psyche as much as possible and to be the back of her chair to hold her up for as long as we lived. There was no way of escaping if both of us were spineless.

Everyday seemed to get worse and Psyche only shriveled up more to the point where she wouldn't even come and explore with me anymore and stayed inn our free in for beta testers all day. I got so fed up and anger boiled in my veins. I thought of words to say and things I would do if only I had the courage or if I was that kind of person. I guess one day I'd had enough. That day was today and that meant I was going to drag her butt out of the room and slap her in the face as many times as I had to to force the sense back into her. This was it and I was going to do anything and all it took to get her frail body out of bed. Now wasn't the time for shrinking it was time for growing and growing only. No other option was available.

Once my mind was set I stormed into the room my sandals clicking against the floor. I opened the door swiftly and slammed it shut loudly behind me so it would capture Psyche's attention. It did. Her eyes opened and flashed a pair of sad looking teal colors. A tear ran down her cheek and she turned around to ignore me as I gave her a very annoyed and disappointed look.

Just go away.

Her voice sounded different probably raw from crying so much. I shook my head and sighed at the scene before taking all the sheets and pillows she had been curled up in comfortably and yanking them off to the side like I used to do at our sleepovers when we were younger. Psyche groaned and buried her head in her folded arms. I grabbed one of her arms and pulled it away with ease like she was a ragdoll. 

I'm not leaving like I have been. I swear if you keep up this pathetic act I'm going to leave you here to rot and you'll never see your family or me again in your lifetime.

I didn't mean for my words to come out so harsh and unkind as if I didn't care but I did so much more than anybody could ever realize. Psyche lifted her head to reveal a swollen and red face with ragged black and pink hair almost drenched clinging to the sides with a disgusted expression twisted onto it.

Go ahead and leave I'm only a burden to you. I already knew I was going to die in this game and never see my family again just like you will but thought that maybe my best friend would stay with me. Not like you care about either one anyways Mrs. "Everything Is Good And Beautiful".

I listened to every one of her words my sensitive heart in intense pain. 

You think I'm happy watching you become this everyday? I'm not. I miss my family and the old you and everything about real life. You are a burden but only because you don't believe in yourself or realize how much I care about you and how much everyone close to you outside of this game cares about you enough to get out of that dang bed and live a little or at least try and survive. I hate hate hate this and know for sure it isn't you.

Psyche sat up criss cross on the bed and buried her face in her hands the dried up tears finally coming back like two waterfalls flowing out of her eyes and dripping down her cheeks. I leaned over still standing and took a fistful of her fluffy boy-like hair before yanking her head up to look me in my brown eyes.

Stop Being Pathetic! Be the strong little lady I know you are on the inside. If Brooke could look at Psyche right now she'd laugh in her face and remind her who she really was.

I was acting different from my usual stuff but something strong surged on the inside of me. I'm guessing these words helped just a little because Psyche began shaking her head but began wiping her tears away as well.

Did you just call me little lady?

Those words from Psyche lifted my spirits and gave me hope. She was coming back at last. I nodded with a sinful grin.

I'm older than you and always have been so don't call me that. Also you're right. I'm still not okay... but if it means not losing you than I'll get my wussy self up and try and cope with this situation.

She brushed my hand from her hair and fixed it back to its neat form before standing next to me where I hugged her tightly and lifted her from the ground.

Ouch ouch ouch stop! You know I don't like this.

Psyche tried getting out of my embrace but failed though I did let go after a minute of the warming hug. She had her calm expression back and boy was I glad. I couldn't stop smiling like usual.

Thanks man. I don't know what I would ever do without a bro like you.

We did our own special handshake and I jabbed her in the ribs before running out of the room. Not only was it an excuse to have fun it was a distraction to get her outside and hopefully it would work.

It didn't take long for Psyche to catch up to me of course she was a faster runner so I began walking. Psyche walked next to me and glanced at the buildings and stands nearby taking all of the new sights. Of course she'd seen at least some of these places before but was so depressed probably didn't even notice them. Depending by the look on her face my hypothesis could be at least 98% correct. A little smile played onto my face at the sight of her bewildered and excited expression. 

Are we going to fight today?

Psyche asked sounding not to sure about wanting to leave the safe zone. Sure I was ready but she didn't seem like she'd be at her top notch like usual so I shrugged.

No probably not. Let's just slow down and relax.

Psyche nodded and I patted her back gently knowing how sensitive that part of her body was. Good thing she wasn't so eager to kill some monsters like I was or else we could risk ourselves. I knew to level and get anywhere you need to fight but like I said before now wasn't the time at all. I could see her chest lift up in down as if she'd sighed in relief so now it was 100% obvious Psyche didn't want to fight. My battle axe would have to weight.

Never before had I used such a weapon though I'm sure it wouldn't be as heavy here as in real life. Hopefully because a two-handed weapon was usually heavy but this was an even heavier weapon because it's a battle axe. I knew how strong I was and hoped it would be put to good use and also wondered what moves I could do with the thing. 

I'm planning to be a tank and sort-of like a defense type player. Heavy armor, large weapons, tough stats and all of that. I wasn't and still not too sure about what Psyche wanted to be or if she really cared. The girl had picked a dagger and had yet to invest in any skills but I would probably explain that to her later. For now she was alright as far as I knew. I'm guessing someone who could move around quickly and swiftly or sneaky-type player based on offense rather than defense. 

Psyche why did you choose a dagger instead of a sword? Thought you wanted to be like Edward Kenway.

I nudged her as I said that name because I knew it brought back memories we loved. She flashed that crooked smile of her's.

Nah thinking more Izaya Orhiara. You know I love him!

Of course I did just wondering. Totally forgot about how your character was practically revolved around him. Gosh that's from forever ago. 

We were both talking about Durarara!!! from 2013 I believe that's when it started. So long ago, but one of the best and on my list of top anime shows I've ever seen. I always hated Izaya but mostly because Psyche had dibbed him before could get my hands on him. We always dibbed characters. Always. It was kind of like a tradition. Edward Kenway was from Assassin's Creed our first favorite video game franchise besides the Left 4 Dead series. Gosh it was amazing and too bad we left it after such a short time period. I remembered we would argue about Altair and Malik then make fun of the ships and of the assassinguys long hair. Memories flooded my mind and I wish we were out in the real world making new ones instead of stuck in a death game where there was a possibility we could never hang out together again.

Heh. I know we're still pretty immature and all but still that was awhile ago. Let's make a pact and watch all of Durarara as soon as we get outta this game.

I nodded and agreed with her idea it sounded pretty good to me.

As long as we stay up all night playing all the campaigns of Left 4 Dead 2.

Ellis.

Nick.

We laughed out of joy together when we said our character's name in sync. The Xbox had died out long long ago but I still had my Xbox One from 2014 hooked up in the room reserved for electronics in me and Psyche's apartment along with other very old electronics. We even had a game cube and Atari with Sims games for them and other classics. For our laptops we mostly had newer games but still kept all the old. I knew when we went to college we would probably have to split up the games since Psyche and I had chosen different states to go to. That and she was a year ahead of me in school and only stayed in my apartment with me for an extra year cause she took off. Probably the sweetest thing she'd ever done for me for as long as we've known each other.

At least we get more time together now.Thanks again bro.

I just wanted to help and promise no matter what I'll protect you so we can have more times like this.

Psyche scoffed and ruined the moment.

You trying to say I need help and protection? Please Morgan you know I can be awesome all by myself.

She flicked my forehead and I rubbed it afterwards. It was kind of surprising she used my real name since we had been using our character names only with each other and kept up with it though it kind of felt nice to hear.

Mhhmm.

I rolled my brown eyes and frowned at remembering my thoughts from before.

You ready for starting college up again? Living with another roomie other than me?

Ehhh...

Psyche shrugged and kept her eyes away from me I knew she probably didn't want to tell me the truth.

I'm glad to get away from Ohio let's just say that. I mean I've been here all my life and it's going to be amazing to go back to Chicago and meet new people. 

I smiled back like I always did. Yes, that answer was actually perfect I knew exactly what she meant and how she felt.

Not like you will since you're bunking with Shiloh!

Psyche teased and nudged me with her bony elbow sharply after turning her attention back to me. I flinched and let out a short laugh.

Yep. Wish she was here with us right now that'd be totally awesome she'd rock at this. Probably make her character like Grell or Undertaker or something like that. Man can't wait to see Shiloh again!

I know I know but we don't know how long we'll be here. Plus we'll have to start college up again at a late age. Weird. We'll be like those old people going to school we used to make fun of. But hey I miss her too. Can't believe you mentioned Grell and Undertaker man Black Butler is so old but amazing. I kind of lost interest in that but I remember when you forced me to cosplay as Ciel Phantomhive when you went as Prince Soma and Shiloh went as Grell. Best comic-con ever. I'm still bad that would've been the first time I went as modern Eren!

I made a biting motion her way and Psyche only rolled her teal eyes at me something she had started doing much more often. It was funny how much she remembered and made me feel better about our relationship. My mother and sister would say friendships don't last forever but I had a feeling they were only jealous of how long me, Psyche, and even Shiloh had been the best of friends. 

Shiloh didn't want to get SAO or spend all her money on it so I promised whenever I took a break or if I ever did she could try it out and buy it during Summer break to hang with us. Well that never happened sadly. Oh how I wish she were here but that would've been one more unfortunate innocent soul in this cursed game. 

I never liked Eren... or Attack on Titan for that matter. Psycho-Pass, Death Note, Michiko to Hatchin, those were some of my top favorites from Middle School and my first anime's other than the one's we watched together.

Ew whatever you had and still don't have any taste at all. Get out of my face.

Psyche shoved me by my cheek which made me a bit angry but in more of a fun way so I shoved her with my shoulder. That practically sent her flying and running into other players which glared at her. Psyche sent back a growl and angry look so the others backed away from her and continued on as we did. When she was back to my side I made sure to give her a "haha" look.

I hate you.

Love you too.

Bromance. Not in the weird way. In the "we were made to be the best of friends and understand each other completely even if you don't" kind of way. I did love my Psyche. We made a pact long ago no matter how drunk to never make a move on each other or even think about romance. The thought bothered me a little of something between me and Psyche cause that'd just be freaking weird. She probably thought so too and I was glad things were the way they were right now. Besides being trapped in a fake game it would be nice if that could be subtracted from the equation but I sighed and knew that wouldn't happen for a little while. Or a long while depending on how things went.

Anything else on your mind?

I snapped out of my daydream zone and turned towards Psyche who looked at me with a serious expression playing on her face. So far she hadn't been this serious minus when being depressed in our inn and I nodded my head yes.

Tell me everything.

Psyche's teal eyes glimmered like they were about to shed tears and I tugged on her arm to pull her down to the ground with me and we sat in a grassy area. It was alright because here it wasn't as crowded and other players were just standing around in the grass as well which I assumed was the equivalent to sitting. Nobody paid attention to us or really cared for that matter as they were too busy with their own lives and own issues. Psyche avoided my gaze though I kept my brown eyes on her and she rested her head in her palms.

I'm afraid that maybe I won't see my family again. And I know you are too but I just can't get over it. Like I've never missed anyone so much before in my entire life. It helps that you're here and all but I just wanna go home. You could call it home sickness I guess. No it's not being afraid I'm not really too scared of dying here. What I'm scared of is dying and never getting to say goodbye correctly.

She shook and little and wiped her obvious tears away as if hiding them from me. I patted her shoulder in attempt to comfort the girl.

I know I know. You always did get homesick easily so I bet this is really taking a toll on you too. Truth is I am too but for some reason I'm just not able to express it. Like my feelings switch is turned off. I even cried thinking about my brother who's still missing but when I thought about being trapped here I was.. okay. Now I don't mean this whole situation is okay I'm just confused and not sure how to feel about everything!

Oh. Sorry for dissing you earlier and thinking you didn't care seriously I didn't mean it. I was just letting myself speak without really thinking it through.

I know.

Hey!

Psyche punched my arm as I spoke as if she were always saying idiotic things.

No really It's alright. We all do dumb things especially when emotions take over. What I'm concerned about is how quickly you recovered cause either you're holding it in and ignoring the feelings or recover quickly.

I'm fine promise. Bros?

She held out her hand and of course I accepted and we did our handshake like always. That meant end of discussion.

Help me up?

I pleaded and made a puppy dog face at Psyche who grunted and pulled herself up. She held out one hand and I shook my head so she held out both and grabbed my own outstretched hands. Psyche pulled me up from my sitting position and I wobbled before standing up straight and pulled down my dress. 

Thank you!

I held her in a tight but somewhat affection and forceful squeeze.

Yeah yeah whatever now let's go.

Psyche pushed me away and we continued to walk again but no we turned around since the outskirts began forming here. Where the safe zone ended and for now that's not somewhere I wanted to go. Neither did Psyche for all I knew or maybe she did but didn't want to force me to go out and fight. Ah well I shook the thought off.

If you could pick a profession what would it be?

Psyche asked me clearly in thought about the question she'd just asked too. It took a while but I finally came up with one or make that a few.

Err... A merchant. Or tailor and possibly a blacksmith but I'm not going to get a job anyways. Too lazy I'm a slacker and would fall behind plus I hate working in the first place.

Ugh I'm exactly the same on laziness factor I mean. I'd probably be cook or performer. 

Psyche chuckled very deeply.

You know how much I love to cook but performing in public is so embarrassing! Too bad artisan didn't sound so fun in the game guide or seem that beneficial or I'd be all over it. Oh and you seem like a merchant for sure I bet you'd trick people over.

I nodded too because some of the same thoughts swarmed in my head time to time. She made me laugh as well.

Yeah I do since you're always cooking for me and won't let me prepare any dang food. And yeah I should stray away from that profession because I would probably just create unsolvable and annoying issues with the customers.

So mean!

Whatever to keep your mouth shut I would just have to hand over a few COL to you here and there.

True true.

Psyche and I continued to talk and walk at the same time like we were before. The sun was kinda low in the sky because it was late afternoon possibly around five o'clock because the sky also darkened and the moon could be seen high in the sky very lightly as a crescent. 

You totally just reminded me how poor we are.

Yeah lucky we even got that inn.

Beta-testers!

I shouted that last word in sync with Psyche and we slapped hand together then fist-bumped and smiled at each other. I remember camping out in a tent with only snacks and holding places for Psyche and her doing the same as we took bath room breaks for six days in a row. Other gamers didn't even start arriving until our third day but it was totally worth the risk of it all. My mother of course kept reminding me how stupid it was as Psyche and I continuously posted updates and selfies on social media but my cousins and friends urged us on and made the waiting much more enjoyable.

Eh you remember Slenderman?

Brooke poked my ribs gently but I still flinched at the touch and especially at the name. It sent shivers down my spine but also made me smile all the same at how silly my fears were and used to be.

I remember every single Creepypasta I've ever read. I'm still looking at the end of my bed every time I wake up in the middle of the night for "The Rake" and don't even go to the bathroom at night because of that story about leaving the shower dripping and the monster lady that lurks around in there.

They never scared me.

Because you only read the popular one's! I read every single story I could get my hand on and listened to about every narration video ever made. Forget Jeff the Killer and think of Smile Dog or The Wanderer or the girl with stitches over her mouth that takes eyeballs! Phew makes me really think sometimes and I pray all the time that I won't get taken by a monster. Luckily I only have to worry about monsters in the field in the game.

Actually I thin-

Shut up!

I interrupted her and punched her cheek. For at least now I just wanted to walk around and enjoy the game in peace without worrying too much. As Psyche rubbed her cheek and scowled at me I thought about my fears.  Even now things like that were terrifying me which is half the reason I made Psyche move in with me. I was absolutely horrified at the thought of ever living alone. To this day I keep a bag on my door so no ghosts can slam it shut and have a nightlight plus keep the television on for extra light and sound. Complete silence may be peaceful to some but it makes me even more scared. Demons, myths, all that stuff makes me curl up under the covers and cower. The slightest noise at night or when I'm home alone drives me crazy and makes my heart pound furiously. Oh what I wimp I am and always have been. 

It probably wouldn't have been this way if I didn't share my room with my sister at such a young age and for most of my childhood. I bet if I grew up with nobody in the same room I wouldn't be so scared alone. Or if that time I thought I saw a ghost in the window in second grade never happened. I swear that one apartment was haunted because to this day I still see it in every nightmare... back to the point. I'm scared of almost everything and probably will be for the rest of my life. There's not getting over my fears because I'm scared of the unknown and it'll probably remain unknown so I'm basically screwed. 

Psyche could see the fear in my brown eyes and the way I was trembling and she chuckled at me but stopped when I punched her again.

Okay okay I'll shut up... Geez.

It was getting kind of dark and Psyche and I were in parts of the Starting City far from our inn. 

Don't worry I studied the map over and over.

I said when Psyche gave me a worried look. We turned and decided to head back "home" for now. Not that it was like a home at all but enough for now. I honestly would really love my own bed but I also didn't mind sharing since Psyche and I used to share a bed when sleeping over at her house. We loved the huge bed her mother had and hogged it all the time. Psyche nodded when I replied and seemed to be deep in her thoughts exactly like I was.

Psyche was my only friend who's house I'd been too for a long time. Probably until late elementary school when I met Shiloh and reunited with a few long lost childhood pals. I knew the home like the back of my hand and her family considered me as another daughter or sister. I always said "I love you" to Psyche's mother and she called me her other daughter. Her father always got me gifts and was like my dad sometimes. The same was for my family we were just the perfect mix even after a while our mothers connected and became close. Strange how things happened like that but it just seemed to work luckily.

You? Study? Since when? C'mon don't joke with me right now.

Psyche finally snapped out of her thoughts and gave me a smirk. I blushed and turned my head still smiling all the way.

I'm smart enough to where I don't have to study but yeah this time I actually did study something. It seemed like the right thing to do based on both of our sense of directions.

I nudged Psyche and she stuck her tongue out at me before shoving her whole body into me. I shook my head and rolled my brown eyes before crossing my arms over my chest. I flipped my straight hair over my shoulder and the braid kept its place over my shoulder apart from the rest of the dark brown mass. Before the game I straightened my hair so now it was straight and very very messy. I hated the unnatural straightness and never even bothered to maintain it. Pieces stuck up in random places and the cowlick on the top of my head almost stood all the way up. Surely nobody cared not even I did because to be honest the messy style kind of suited me. Somehow Psyche kept her hair fluffy and neat without even trying. I was always jealous of that quality she possessed among others like have flawless skin while my skin was always dry and needed lotion everyday. Though when I stood in the mirror I did admit to myself I was a pretty damn good looking woman even if I wasn't the prettiest. That was always something I thought but my self confidence although still low is much higher now than it was when I was a child. Guess I just needed to grow into my body. 

Alllright. Sure you're way smart.

Smarter than you.

Whatever.

I used to have to read to you when we were in third grade.

Whatever.

You didn't know what M-O-M spelled.

Shut up!

Psyche and me erupted in a laughing fit and both of us had to stop for a second to catch our breath. That and it was practically impossible for me to walk and laugh at the same time for some reason. I never figured out and still don't know why but I just can't. After our giggles died down we began walking again but I still laughed now and then which made Psyche do the same.

I was probably so dumb back then and now too.

Psyche sighed and shook her head at herself which made me kind of frown. I hated when she seemed disappointed or sad or any feeling other than normal or happy or anything under neutral. 

No way you're smart. I never minded helping you out and everybody learns at a different pace. You know more stuff than me sometimes! Remember when Shiloh asked me what Ticci Toby's name was? Remember what I said?

Yeah...

C'mon what did I say?

You said "I don't know!".

Exactly. And you said "It's Toby, in the name duh." when I told you about the time later that day. You knew and I didn't. I know that's not the best example but it proves you have your moments and I have mine.

I guess. Thanks man you're always there for me I don't know how you do it.

I wouldn't be there for you if you weren't there for me in the first place to push me forward everyday.

Psyche blushed this time! Not me at all and I pinched her cheek while smiling once again. It hurt so much since I smiled all the time and the skin around my mouth stretched far and were far more than worn out by now at this age. However it was a painful feeling I was used to.

Get off...

Psyche muttered and turned her head while shoving her hands in her pockets and pretended to be interested in something else. It was alright so for now I let it go but would just use it against her another time.

Well sh*t we don't have anything else to talk about since everything's alright now.

I looked up from my fingers that were bent over so I could pick at my nails and chew on them as well. It was a habit I had usually when there was nothing else to do so I guess Psyche was right.

We're almost there.

I said after looking up at the now dark atmosphere. Torches were lit and brightened up the area making the scene beautiful if I do say so myself.

Good I'm freaking tired.

Psyche sighed. She was I could tell by the way her big blue-green eyes drooped and black bags were visible even with the thick layer of eyeliner around her eyes. I never understood makeup and rarely used it but Psyche's remained permanently because that's what the game had in its code and probably assumed that's how thick her eyelashes actually were. She didn't need makeup Psyche I mean. She was naturally pretty but it did make her look nice. I think I'm just used to the makeup on her. Chapstick or lip gloss are pretty much the only two things I use ever if that counts.

My appearance never mattered much even in school I wore lazy day clothes which weren't very flattering but comfortable for me. I don't think my friends cared but I could tell other girls didn't like it much. Eh who cares. If I felt like wearing stylish clothes that day than I would but usually I didn't. Now I wear things like skirts and dresses and almost never sweat pants like I used to. Style comes with age I assume that and if I even attempted to wear a v-neck shirt I broke dress code. That thought made me laughed and Psyche smiled at the sound. My laugh and smile were contagious to anybody around I knew that already.

Our inn came into view not long after I said it would. Psyche looked relieved to see the place I bet she would pass out before me which would be astonishing really. I was always first to fall asleep but it seemed Psyche and I both developed sleep problems at the same age. She would always be sleep deprived but both of us would sleep more than dubbed normal or needed. I don't know why it was that way but to be honest I actually loved it. Sometimes I would feel bad for Psyche who would text me about not being able to sleep or not getting enough sleep because she couldn't sleep all night. Usually we both shrugged it off and accepted it after a while since it became are life styles. It was something to adjust to. Silly that the doctors said it would only last a while cause heck it's lasted for a long time and still did. Luckily in the game we had no jobs or school to worry about so sleeping could last all day if we wanted it to.

Psyche rushed to the door of our inn and even held it open for me to prove how grateful she was that I'd taken the type to get her up today. I nodded at her in a friendly fashion before entering the warm building. Psyche shut the door behind us. The owner NPC took a look at us and smiled recognizing our faces. I don't know how NPC's even remember a face but the young woman did every time. Other beta-testers sat on the couches and spoke to each other. Not many people were in here since it was the lounge and entrance. It was very expensive looking and pretty unique.

Lounge

Modern-Virgin-Upper-Class-Lounge-at-JFK-

The chairs were set out along with sofas so players could sit in groups and speak to each other. Skinny columns separated the dining hall from the lounge. Our room were in the very back where a staircase that curved on the way up was. It led to a long hall with door that varied in color and design depending on the person. Psyche and I had a striped door with pink and purple. Room #11 which was also my favorite number. What was great was that the inn was free for us because of being beta-testers. Amazing but kinda sad for people that didn't get the same advantage. Also on the same floor as the rooms was a room just for fun and hobbies of all kinds.

Hallway

1477869_100_z.jpg

Rec. Room 1

16260887.jpg

Our room was small but still pretty. One bed and the whole room was styled pink. It had a bathroom too. I don't know why someone would need to use the bathroom in the game but then I guess the creator thought we would need it if we were stuck for this long in a game. Good idea I guess.

Room

hotel_renaissance_paris_008.jpg

Psyche climbed the stairs but I had to push her here and there to go faster which made her groan out of annoyance. We were going to enter our room when a loud noise from the recreation room echoed in the hallways. I looked and then glanced back at Psyche who frowned but I tugged her arm and pulled her to the room. It was the second part of the rec room, which was for older players I suppose since it looked that way. A game was going on and a crowd surrounded the pool table. We pushed through to see what was going on. My brown eyes eagerly searched the scene in hopes to discover what was happening. Psyche actually seemed excited now too.

Rec. Room 2

traditional-family-room.jpg

It turned out two men were fighting with the pool sticks and even the balls for the game too. One older man shoved his stick into the stomach of the young man, who in return, through the black 8-ball at the elderly's head. Psyche cheered but I frowned at their behaviour. I nudged one female next to me and asked what was going on.

The older man thinks the younger man cheated him for his COL. This is so exciting!

She went back to cheering and I told Psyche what had happened. The girl only shrugged.

That's the way the world goes.

I sighed and turned my back to Psyche, signaling I would leave at any moment if she and I didn't do something.