(SP-F1) "One of These Nights"

After slipping away from Maj and Katarina I felt a sense of guilt in leaving them behind without say a word. But I'm sure I'll find them again, soon. Fate has a funny way of bringing like-minded people together.

Using some memory from last nights walk, I make my way back to the block of town where I found the singer in blue. I wonder if she will remember me...I mean...I certainly haven't forgotten her...

The lights of the city ignite in unison as the sun finally sets below the hills.

The city seemed, happier somehow. Like people had begun to get over the initial shock of their situation, and have started to cope. These players amaze me, they are actually starting to enjoy themselves? How can they enjoy themselves

with a mad man lording over them? Distracted, I bump into a younger woman in front of me. "Oh! I'm so sorry my dear!" I apologized. "Hey buddy watch where you're going!" she yelled as she turned around. She was on the shorter side, light

brown hair with deep green eyes. I was speechless when I made eye contact with her.

I'm sure I was blushing as bright as a cherry as I profusely apologized to the girl. "You know, there are some people that would kick your ass right here and now for bumping into them" the girl threatened. "Are you one of those people?

Because you look too green to be some bad ass she-hulk." I goad at the girl. "HEY JERK IS THAT A JOKE ABOUT MY EYES?!" the girl retaliated. "I'll have you know, I have already been asked by several people to join their group" she

informed me. Yeah, did those "people" happen to be pubescent teenage boys with libido of steel? I smirked at the cleverness of my own joke.

The girl noticed my obvious smirk. "Hey! What are you so smiley about buddy? You don't think that I can contribute to a group? Well I'll show you!" she yelled.

MD:1

The girl stumbled to the ground after missing a pretty terrible lunge at my face with her fist. Geeze this girls got some fire in her! The girl began to sob softly. "I...I'm so useless..I can't even land a punch on a freakishly tall man..." she spoke

softly. "What level are you my feisty friend?" i asked softly, helping her up from the ground. *sniff* "Level 3...barely..." she remarked. This girl is almost my level...guess attitude can only take you so far in this world. "Listen, why don't we get a

drink or something? I bet I can cheer you up. Even though I'm a freakishly tall jerk" :D

The girl looked at me, oddly confused and somewhat freaked out that a stranger would treat her to a drink after he tried to punch his face in. "Um..Okay...Just don't try anything! Or ill aim for the more...vital areas next time!" she warned.

"Don't worry my dear, I've spent more time defending honor than soiling it" I snarked. The girl eyed me with a raised eyebrow. She was obviously trying to determine the hidden meaning of what I had just said.

There's just not a dull night in this city is there?

We wondered the city looking for a decent pub. Advantage of being in this world is that alcohol has a very different meaning here. We can drink, and get drunk and suffer no serious consequences, unless you're an idiot and get yourself

thrown off a building. The girl and I talked and walked. Turns out, her name is Hailey. She's a player from the eastern hemisphere (she was hesitant to say anything more on her location). Shes about 16 years old, raised by a dad obsessed

with gaming. 

We reached a pub cleverly called "The Rusty Sword". It was a rustic, almost cafe like pub on the corner of a street. "Now this is a place that reminds me of home." I smiled and looked at Hailey. "Why does it remind you of home? Where is

home for you?" Hailey asked. "Home for me was a fire surrounded by people just like me, looking for somewhere to belong." I responded cryptically. "Fine, don't tell me Mr. Mysterious." she giggled as she pulled me into the pub. 

This girl is gonna wear me out...

The interior of the pub looked like it was pulled out of a travel magazine called "Northwest Luxury". Strange art lined the walls, and atmospheric music filled the room. People ranged from tall to short, small to large. Some were yelling at the

bar top, fulfilling the stereotype of the drunken bar patron. Others were clumped in corners, talking softly, as if they were planning something. I imagine that they are probably planning assaults on floors and mob areas for loot.

But there was one guy in particular that had been staring me down since the moment we came in. 

F*** I hate when this happens. Looks like every bar has one thing in common...creeps.

"What's wrong?" Hailey asked. "Do you not like it here?". I can't let her know that we are being watched, or she might panic. "No! Everything is fine! Let's have a seat and order a drink :)" I respond. We find two seats at the bar when two older

guys collapsed off their stools. "Bartender! A scotch on the rocks for the lady and a vodka martini shaken not stirred." I requested. "Oh, so what's next Mr.Bond? A gunfight and a car chase? Geeze, you pull that bit on every girl you meet?

Hailey chides. I smirked and thought to myself: Most girls I meet don't try to punch me in the face 

The bartender brought us our drinks. "What do I owe you?" I ask. "Drinks on the house, courtesy of the man in the corner" the barkeep mentioned. I looked into the corner to see the older guy who eyed me earlier raise his shot to me and

pound it back. Damn it, so much for keeping him away. "Who's that Xanatos? A friend of yours?" Hailey asked. "No, I have never met the guy before. Some people just give out drinks to look cool" I assured her. On the other hand, some guys

just like to cause trouble. I drink my martini in one gulp. Looks like I have an admirer.

"I hate bars to be completely honest, but I couldn't help but give them another chance if it meant I could buy you a drink" I tell Hailey. "Haha, well you must have a weakness for hard luck cases then." Hailey remarks. I laugh out loud, louder

than I have in a long time. It made me feel happy to be here with her. She was definitely not my type, but it was nice to find someone to have an intelligent conversation with. I could tell why so many um "people" wanted to recruit her. God, I

cant even remember the last "date" I ever had. The irony in me having an online date in a virtual reality realm at a virtual bar will never escape me.

"So! Are you ready to tell me what "home" is for you yet? Or do i have to get you drunk?" Hailey smirked. "Haha, well you give me no other choice I guess." I retorted. "I lived as a drifter, a lone wolf that survived only on his wit and luck.

Home to me was wherever i could safely sleep for the night. Sometimes I had to fight for my home. Sometimes I had to kill for my home..." Hailey covered her mouth in what I could only think was shock. "Wh..What?! You..you killed people?!"

She spouted. She began to breath deeply and shift away from me. "I.. I need to go..I promised someone I'd meet them later..." Hailey lied. She stood up and bounded out the door for the streets. "Wait! Let me expl-..." but she was gone. 

I am such and idiot! Why would you tell her that? Did you think that she would understand? Did you think she could make you feel better about the lives you taken? How deep down that you are just the same as the man in red? 

I felt rage building up inside me. I bought more drinks form the bartender (totaling in 50col). One after another, drink by drink, i slipped into a buzz like no other. I stumbled out of the pub, the streets were full of people.

Tossing me back and forth until I landed into an alley. Now here I am..right back where I started..in the gutter with no one to blame but myself.

In my drunken stupor, I could barely make out some noises coming from further down the alley...a muffled cry pierced my ears. No one else was looking down the ally at the struggle in the shadows. "He..Hey you! Stop that right now! What

the Fyuk do you think you are doing?" I stammer out. "XANATOS" the voice screamed. Oh my God 0.0 Hailey's cry brought me to my senses for the most part.

"Xanatos! Xanatos! hahahaha" a mocking voice rose. "We both know that you can't do [censored] in your state, you miserable fool." It was the guy from the bar! Smug face and all.  

I stand up as best as I can. My vision fairly blurred I could make out a mans shape a few feet away. I pulled my rapier from it's sheathe. "Stop it right now you bastard!" I call out. "Xanatos! don't do it! I'm not worth it!" Hailey cried. I smirk, "Anyone who needs hope in their time of need is well worth it". I charge in and stab at the man, aiming for his heart.

BD:5

MD:5

My lunge makes its mark, piercing deep into his chest. He yelled loudly. Hailey screams out at the sight of the blood. But something didnt feel right...I notice a small dagger in my side...damn...

Xanatos: 10/11

Criminal: 4/6

Dmg: 2 from Xanatos on Criminal (1+1 from skill=2)

1 from Criminal on Xanatos.

The criminal smirked, realizing that he also dealt some damage. I reared back and slashed towards his neck to finish him. "This one's for Alexandra!" I yell as I make my move.

BD:2

MD:9

The criminal, anticipating and taking advantage of my brashness, stuck the dagger deep into my left arm. Well this feels oddly familiar. I stumble to my knees. No...It wont end here...I wont let this asshole have the satisfaction of my pain.

Dmg: Xanatos: 8/11 (2 from criminal)

Dmg:Criminal 4/6 (0 from Xanatos)

The criminal walks up to me. "Hahahaha, how pathetic. Little guy wants to be a hero huh? Well let me show you what happens to heroes in my city!" he goads. Taking advantage of his distraction, I lunge up at his chest.

BD:6

MD:3

"ARGH!" the criminal grunts as my rapier pierces his right lunge straight through! "Last time I checked, I'm not the one standing less than 6 feet tall...asshole" I remarked. As long as i draw breath, I will never give up!

Dmg: Xanatos 8/11 (0 from Criminal)

Dmg: Criminal 2/6 (2 from Xanatos)

The criminal is on his knees, crying at the sight of the blood spilling from his chest. Hmmm he isn't begging for his life yet...so is this really even a player? Or is this just an NPC designed to prey on players? "Are you ready to die, Criminal?" I speak to the man. The man spits in my face and curses at me. "F*** you prick" he spats out. "Very well then...rest in piece" I utter.

BD:7

MD:1

I behead the man with one swift strike of my blade. His blood spilled into the alleyway. Hmmm no orange on my name, so it must have been an NPC. 

I find Hailey sobbing in the corner. "Like you said...I have a thing for hard luck cases..." I speak softly. "Xanatos....thank you...I'm sorry I ran like that. I just couldn't believe that you had killed someone IRL....but I see now that you killed only in

defense of those you cared about, or so you could survive." Hailey apologized. "Hailey, I was only doing what I thought was right. I couldn't let that man do anything to harm you, player or not." I reassured her. I don't know for sure, but this 

guy may have had friends, I should get her away from here. "Hailey...You need to leave...It's not safe being around me right now. This guy may have had friends." I tell her. "But I! I....I understand...Thank you Xanatos...I'll never forget what

you did for me...goodbye..." Hailey said. She ran off into the crowd while I got the loot from the Criminal. 

Loot:7

1 ore. 

I walked out of the alleyway, trying to snap completely out of my buzz. What just happened? Did I just behead an NPC?... You didn't have to do that...you could've let him go... Why so he could just run off and prey on some other innocent

player? No you made the right call. He was too dangerous to be left alive...You know guys like him could change though....you did...yeah but this is a video game, that NPC was programmed to be a criminal. Was he? You don't know that!

We couldn't have saved him! "STOP" I yell out loud startling a few bystanders.