[SP-F1] ^Earning a Living^ Complete

Determined to find the last herb he needed quickly. Atticus began searching the nearby hillsides with a maddening pace. As he rounded the top of one of the nearby hills, Atticus observed a large patch of flowers and herbs down below. "One must be in there" Atticus said aloud as he set off down the hill to search.

Entering the field, it didn't take long for atticus to come across the last herb he needed. Pausing for a moment to observe the herb, he admired the beauty of it sitting there among the other flowers, fresh dew on its leaves. Not wanting to waste any significant time however, Atticus quickly picked the herb and continued on with the quest.

ID: 12045 LD:19

River weed-2/2

Green herb-3/3

Red berry-0/3

As Atticus entered the woods, he thought back to the last time he was here and his fight with the monster wolf. Although only a short time had passed, it seemed like forever ago that Atticus was leaving the safety of the city for the first time to begin his adventure. Even though he was still of a low level, and he hadn't even ventured on to any of the other floors yet, Atticus felt accomplished with his progress so far.

Making his was through the woods, Atticus stopped and listened quietly. From a short distance away, he could here the crunch of leaves as something made its way through the forrest, approaching him from behind. Not wanting to get caught off guard, Atticus pulled his spear from his back and turned to face the noise. As Atticus peered into the dense surrounding forrest, he struggled to see movement of any kind. Deciding that maybe his mind was playing tricks on him, Atticus lowered his gaurd and began to turn back around and continue his journey. In that moment however, a full grown wolf leaped from the shadows and tackled Atticus to the ground. Blocking the wolfs bite with the length of his spear, Atticus struggled to gain control of the situation. After a few long seconds that felt like minutes, Atticus was able to throw the wolf off him. Not wanting to waste the opportunity, Atticus flung to his feet and thrust his spear into the wolfs side as it attempted to recover from being thrown off.

ID: 12049 BD:9 MD:7

Atticus(5/9)- hits for 2+1=3

Adult wolf(2/5)- hits for 1

As Atticus pulled his spear from the wolfs side, it let out a nasty yelp. Down but not out of the fight, the wolf regained itself and began moving in a circular motion around Atticus in an attempt to isolate a weak spot. Cool, calm and collective, Atticus allowed the wolf to circle him. Rotating his body to match the wolfs movement, he waited for the attack to come. After several long seconds, the wolf attacked again. Managing to get through Atticus's defenses, the wolf chomped down hard on Atticus's leg. Undeterred by the assault however, Atticus remained calm and thrust his spear forward once again, this time into the wolf back. In an instant the wolf shattered into shards and atticus claimed his loot.

ID:12057 BD:9 MD:8

Atticus(4/9)- hits for 2+1=3

Adult wolf(0/5)- hits for 1

River weed-2/2

Green herb-3/3

Red berry-1/3

Atticus walked a short ways further into the woods until he come to another material node. Exercising caution, Atticus carefully plucked one of the berry's from the bush and deposited the item into his inventory. "Almost done..." Atticus thought to himself. Nearing the finish line, Atticus began to think about all the possibilities for the potions he could craft. Maybe he would try to create a luck potion, or perhaps a potion to change his appearance. Having not given it much thought earlier, the science of alchemy began to appeal to his academic side.

ID:12058 LD:17

River weed-2/2

Green herb-3/3

Red berry-2/3

Taking notice of some of the wild life around him. Atticus thought about the familiars he had herd other players talking about in town. "Maybe I'll get myself a hawk, after all it sure would make hunting for materials and loot easier." As Atticus approached the next material node, he attempted to harvest the last berry he needed. With too tight of a grip however, he smashed the berry in his hand."Damit!" Atticus said aloud.

ID:12059 LD:14

Spotting another node a short ways away, Atticus once again walked over to it and tried to harvest the last item he needed for his quest. As he bent down, he remember to use the same delicacy in which he was able successfully pick the first one. Giving the berry a slow twist, it snapped free from the bush. Relieved to finally be finished with the task, he deposited the item in his inventory and set corse back to town.

ID:12064 LD:18

River weed-2/2

Red berry-3/3

Green herb-3/3

Walking back into the store, Atticus looked around for the npc. Determining that he must be in the back, Atticus called out "Hello! Is there anyone here?" Without a moment gone by, the round funny man came bouncing out from the back of the store."Hello there boy" the man chuckled, "I'm guessing that since you've returned you either have the items or have failed miserably. I do hope it's the first one, since if you couldnt even gather these simple materials your not going to make much of an alchemist."

"Not to worry" Atticus replied, placing the items on the counter. "I have everything you requested right here. So what's next?" Examining the items before him on the counter, the man chuckled once more and replied. "Very good, the next step is to brew the potion, please grab the items and follow me into the back."

As Atticus walked into the back of the shop he looked from table to table, observing all the equipment and tools laying around the room. "Here we are" the round man replied coming to a stop at an empty work station."So what now?" Atticus replied.

"Well you see that's the thing" the man said in a worried face "it's been so long I've seem to forgotten what it was your actually supposed to do with the items." WHAT!?!?!? Atticus yelled Your a computer program! How is it possible for you to forget anything? For the first time, a serious look came over the mans face. "Your right" replied the man, "It seems I was programmed to forget, from here you will need to do what comes natural to you. To complete the quest you must successfully brew a potion."

"Thats just great, for all I know I'll brew up a poison or worse a bomb." Already coming this far however, Atticus wasn't about to give up. Sitting down at the work station he picked up a beaker and examined it. Satisfied that it was clean, Atticus grabbed the berries that he had harvested and squeezed the juices from them into the beaker. Feeling dumb for not knowing what he was trying to make, or even how to make it. Atticus was confident that this endeavor would fail. Pressing forward though, Atticus picked up a mortar and pedestal and ground up the green herbs before adding them to the beaker aswell. Not sure with what to do with the river weed, he simply added both entirely to the beaker and then set the beaker atop a heat source. After a few moments the river weed inside the beaker dissolved and the concoction turned a light blue tent. Satisfied with the re-action, he poured the liquid from the beaker into a clear flask and presented it for approval, not sure of what he made.

Here you go Atticus said in a standoff-ish tone handing the flask over. The man quickly grabbed the flask and held it up to the light swirling it around as he inspected it. Without saying a word, the man chuckled aloud and rushed over to a large cupboard and began digging through it, not stopping till he pulled out a vile of liquid that looked identical to what Atticus had made. Blowing some dust of the label the man read aloud "#2 Healing potion". With hard chuckle and a big smile the man continued. "You've done it my boy, you created a healing potion, and a rather strong one at that." Staring in disbelief Atticus couldn't believe he had created anything. "Whether it was luck or you instincts as an alchamist I do not know" the man said "but you have completed the quest and I now bestow upon you the title of beginner alchemist. It is now your job to venture forth and grow as an alchemist on your own. Here take this with you as well" the man said handing the potion back to atticus. "Every alchemist should get to keep their first potion. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to if you wouldn't mind showing yourself out."

ID: 12066 CD:11

Potion created-

Name-Atticus's first potion

Effects-Recover 10 health points, takes one turn to use

Description- A light blue liquid, Atticus has decided to hang on to this potion for good luck

Don't forget your regular rewards.

For completing this topic you recieve

1 Skill Point for completing a thread over 20 posts

1 Skill Point from completing the quest

Beginner Alchemist Title from completing the quest

The ability to open a shop from completing the quest

400 Col for completing an RP over 20 posts but less than 40

A brand new car

You also receive 3 bonus mats (I am sorry the dice gods were not in your favor today).