[SP-F3] Worn out welcome ((quest))

Skylar had a blast exploring the floors. The risk of dying was as constant as the real world but it was still really cool. He made sure to level up slowly and avoid traps at all cost. He may be an airhead but he played it safe. So far floor three seemed the best, the NPC's are nicer here, the monsters are pretty easy to spot (except the underground ones), and the architecture is amazing. The medieval type theme reminded him of the Renaissance. It was actually a really nice place. Skylar wondered around exploring the the town. He encountered Hanold, the name alone was interesting enough to get his attention. He entered the shop the little bell on the door ringing to signal his presence.

"Hello there sweetie, can I help you with anything?" A very sweet looking elderly woman came from the back room. She had a warm smile with a loving demeanor.

"Now Hanna don't be offering to help every ragamuffin that comes in off the street." The person who spoke next was a crotchety old man that seemed to have anger issues.

"You can excuse my husband Griswold, as he is happy to see you, just a bit shy." At the sound of this Griswold moved to the back corner of the shop and started hammering away at what looked liked metal underwear.

Skylar stood there amused by the old married couple. They must have been together for some time in order for them to go back and fourth like that, while still maintaining a smile with each other. "I was actually trying to find some leather armor to wear. I wanted it in blue but everyone charges an arm and a leg for it." Skylar actually made a pouty face at the thought of wearing regular armor.

"Hmmm you seem like a strong young man. How about we make a bargain?" Hanna asked. Skylar's ears perked at the thought of a bargain, his family always taught him to be aware of good prices. "Hanna he looks weaker than skim milk" Griswold muttered. Hanna ignored her husband as if he had not spoke. "If you go and get me the materials I need. I will make your armor for you."

Skylar had no reason to hesitate  before answering "you have a deal!"

Hanna clapped her hands together as the quest icon appeared on his list. He accepted before Hanna continued "Now what you are asking for is not much. Go to floor one and collect four boar hides. You can easily handle it. Boar hides are given as a drop for fighting the boars." Skylar bowed before leaving to start his quest.

Skylar made his way to the floor three teleport platform and hopped on. "Floor 1" he was surrounded by twinkling lights, before he was moved to a different town. Skylar looked for the meadow he saw his first day here. He remembered what the boar looked like, since he decided to stay away from him. Skylar was not really a chicken he just wanted to avoid death. Back then his level would have been to low for him to solo them. "Target acquired" Skylar set his sights on a lone boar one that he would try to take by himself. Skylar moved towards the boar slowly before lunging to attack with his dagger.

(ID: 11654 , BD: 7 success , MD: 7 success , CD:11 [battle heal])

The dagger felt wrong in his hand but he still stabbed. The boar became enraged as it got pierced in the flank. It turned around to stare at it's attacker before running back to impale Skylar. Skylar barely moved enough to have the tusk scrape him on the arm. It actually hurt a lot for a video game but it healed just as quickly when his battle healing kicked in.

Boar: 6/7

Skylar: 13/13 (Battle Healing kicked in)

(ID:11648  BD: 7 hit MD: 1 miss)

Skylar and the Boar eyed each other wearily, neither wanting to die. Skylar took the initiative and rushed the boar. He leaped at the last second to cut the boar on the back of his tough hide. The boar turned around to give this stupid human a piece of it's mind. The wind picked up but Skylar made sure to have his back facing away from the other boars, he did not want the risk of an accident.

(ID: 11649 ,  BD: 2 miss, MD: 2 miss)

The boar was pretty pissed to say the least. Skylar was cutting and dashing before a good hit from the thing could be landed. This time the boar learned a thing are two. When Skylar actually got close enough to cut it. The darn thing moved out of the way. The boar was not really having much luck in it's own attack either. Everything just kept seeming to miss each other.