PP F2: 'Golden Honey'

Starry Eyed Illusion: 2 posts remaining

Mari sighed into the kiss as a wave of relief washed over her. He had returned her action; matching the steamy lust oozing off her with his own fevor. Her eyes fluttered as she felt him press a hand on the back of her head - urging her deeper into the kiss; and Mari was all too happy to oblige. She was lost in the moment; barely noticing the slow, steady, even beat of his heart against her own. A tempo that was calm; calculated - one that revealed desires that weren't quite on par with Mari.

Just as Mari felt she was going to run out of air, and her chest explode - 'Alkor' pulled away. He gave her a wicked grin; filled with a vicious intent. His lip curled up. He was a carnivore; a hunter who was about to jump their hapless prey. And Mari? She was none the wiser. Looking up at him with stormy eyes, she saw nothing but an unbridled compassion reflected in his heinous gaze.

"It does feel like that huh?" Mari breathed, reaching out to have her thumb skim across his lips. She felt his hand wrap around her own, and she squeezed it - wrapping her own arm around his waist, stepping backward, and urging him to follow. "As much as I want to continue; we should do so in a ...safer place. My shop is only a few feet away." She gave him an impish grin. "Let's give the soldier a grand welcome back home."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What'd seemed like precious clarity just moments ago had been revealed for what it truly was- a cheap imitation. In that moment, he cast aside all outside influences from both his mind and soul; Or, perhaps it was they who'd relinquished him. But in either case, the result was the same: a measure of consciousness had been returned to him, and shed light on what the elixirs had obscured.

His next breath felt fresher than his last, as if the lavender haze that'd filled his lungs had finally been expelled. It felt like waking up from a dream, but somehow different. A dream inherently implied an asssurance that its memories were false- and yet innately, he knew that what'd transpired had been quite real.

In fact, the woman in front of him was more or less all the proof he needed to confirm their veracity. It didn't take an emotional genius to tell that she loved whomever she thought him to be- this 'Alkor' fellow. But judging from the way his own mind had become unclouded, he figured it wouldn't be long before the same happened with her. Leading her on any longer would be completely pointless, and would most definitely not aid in fostering any sort of mutual relationship between them.

He resisted as Mari beckoned for him to follow her lead, and pulled himself free from her grasp. "You might wanna hold off there, Mari." Locke stepped closer toward the dreary lights of Yomi before turning around. "I'm telling you now, so that we might salvage this in the future," he explained. The fire had since left his eyes, leaving them with a more muted appearance.

Was he angry at what she'd done? Sure. But not so much that he'd be willing to pursue it at the cost of even a second of his time. He was beyond that level of pettiness. Not while there was still leverage to be gained.

Locke took another step back, distancing himself from the woman and placing him closer to the guarded gate. "I'm not Alkor."

Starry Eyed Illusion: 1 post remaining

Mari's smile faded, and it felt like her heart had fallen slightly when she felt resistance from Alkor. "Eh?" She gave him a confused look. Just moments ago he seemed as though he wanted to continue. "Did I push too far?" Mari asked, concerned. As she tried to entwine his fingers in hers again. "We don't have to," She offered him a small, broken - yet reassuring smile. "We can just rest; it may not look it but it is night time." Mari stepped in closer toward Alkor - running a hand up his arm. "You said you were feeling off. Why not just rest your head in my lap and sleep." Mari gave him a friendly nudge. "I'll be your personal body guard." 

He pulled away from her, and took a step toward the town, Mari shook her head; a look of hurt and confusion on her face. "A-Alkor?" Her voice broke as she questioned him, he simply took another step toward town - and said that he wasn't who he appeared to be. Mari violently shook her head. Quickly closing the gap between them. She wrapped her arms around his torso, burying her face in his chest. "Shut up...Stay."

Locke sighed as she draped herself around him like a heavy wool blanket in the summertime. He didn't resist as she forced him into a one-sided embrace. With the last traces of Absolut' Greed vanished from his mind, he had no further reasons to maintain the facade of Alkor. In a way, it was almost poetic- that 'Alkor' should vanish again almost as abruptly as he had before.

Eyes in the physical sense could always be obscured, whether it be the result of a branch too low or a wall too high. In a more abstract sense, even the mind's eye could easily become clouded and dull. But Locke possessed something he'd discovered to be quite rare, and not as easy to fool. To make a simple comparison, it was something of a heart's eye. The mind's eye's more subjective, but equally useful cousin.

Just as people could 'see' things in their mind, he often subjected himself to feelings that weren't his own. And even though it had been rendered ineffective in his earlier state of inebriation, it had yet to be mistaken. It was one of the few things he could trust, and take for granted.

To say that he felt her pain would be an understatement. The weight of it didn't get any easier to bare, as her troubles became clearer and more personal to him. He'd practically just lived as her deceased lover, after all. It was a bit morbid, although ultimately an interesting enough experience in its own right.

So perhaps it was out of a combined sense of pity and self-concern that he allowed his arms to wrap around her slender body. Instinctively, his hands found the back of her head and the small of her back, and he held her closely against him. Not as Alkor. Not as Thom; but as Locke.

"I'm sorry," he said, rubbing his hands in slow, delicate circles. "But the effects of your potion are bound to wear off at any moment, and the mask you see me with will shatter like glass." His voice was hushed, and he spoke in soothing tones as he lifted her head from his chest. "It hurts, doesn't it? And you wish that he could be here, to ease your pain." Tender strokes of his thumb against her cheek implied a level of sympathy for her predicament. "But I think that you know- even now- that it's not going to happen."

He pressed his lips to her forehead as his fingers ran gently through her rosy locks. "Sounds harsh- I know," he said as he pulled back. "But it's better that I told you now, rather than leave you to figure it out on your own. Consider it an act of mercy." His fingers urged hers open, and he slipped slipped from grasp. "I won't stay, Mari."

He raised his hand and touched it gingerly to her cheek, so that it framed her face. "But perhaps time can be your Alkor."

Starry Eyed Illusion: 0 post remaining

Mari burried her face deeper into the folds of his clothes; attempting to calm her breathing with deep breaths; with each breath she caught whiffs of his scent. The smell of charcoal, of wood, and various other hints of citrus. She felt him sigh, and her grip tightened. She wasn't sure what caused this sudden aloofness in him. Had she done something wrong? She felt scared. Mari was afraid, a part of her knew he was right and that just upset her more.

After everything she had been through; she had him again. Alkor had always told her that she should stand tall on her own two feet; and that is what Mari had been doing, but was it so wrong to want to live in a moment of compassion in the warmth of another? Was it really that bad, to be able to love someone so much, that you want to let them in? That their mere presence puts you at ease?

Is that wrong?

"Please..."

Her voice cracked, as she pleaded for him to stay; in so few words. Her fingers gripped tighter into the folds of his clothes as she tried to take a step back with him. Then, he wrapped his arms around her body. Mari hadn't realized it, but she had been trembling. She was so fearful of loosing him again, and in that one - small gesture, she began to calm down. Feeling the strength of his hand on the mid of her back - and the tingling sensation of his delicate fingers weaving into her hair...

Mari closed her eyes; as he apologized. Speaking words that somewhat confused her, but they didn't matter right now; she would ask for clarification later. It did hurt, incredibly so. "The world hates me." Mari whispered, "It hurts. So I've pushed everyone away. It's easier...I can't...I can't loose anyone ever again."  Mari felt her head lift; and she stared into concerned amber eyes - sympathetic and worrisome.

He pressed his lips to her forehead, before stepping back, once again pulling away from her. Mari's eyes widened as she realized what he meant. He couldn't stay, this...wasn't real.

"I don't CARE!" she cried out, shaking her head as tears began to freely fall from her starry eyes. "I don't care if you're an illusion. Is it so wrong to live in such a fantasy? If just for a short while?"

He took another step back; landing him in the safe zone; but Mari followed. Ignoring the Dragon that stood by; as it growled a warning. "Am I that weak because I just want a moments reprise?" She took another step forward, and that - was one step too far.

The dragon acted quickly, turning its head and picking her up in its mouth - crunching down hard on her small frame. Mari gave a wild screech as she felt its teeth sink into her flesh. Her screams picked up, echoing in the empty field around them. Her warbled, pained cries lilting through the abandoned streets of Yomi. Finally, the dragon tossed her aside; and she landed with a heavy 'thud' once again out the safe zone.

Mari struggled to push herself up; her brain buzzed, and her vision was blurry. She blinked - trying to see if Alkor was still there, but as she attempted to rise her head. She didn't see her former lover there. She saw Locke.

Locke...

It was never Alkor. It had always been him. Mari lowered her face. Cherry blossom hair veiled her features, but the lights of the town caught the droplets that fell from her face to the ground. She remembered now. He had slipped her a potion, just as she did to him. Her voice was low; defeated, and beaten.

"Well played Locke." 

Mari didn't think she could fall any further than she had; but she did - beaten over and over by the waves of illusion. Her body beaten and bruised; but that would heal. Her mind had shattered and even now she could feel her chest ache. It was a lie. And it was wrong to want to live in a moment of happiness. Just for a little while.

"Well played...."

Mari: 21/81

From the moment they'd met, their fates had been etched into the dark and unbending stone of time. Destiny was not such a brittle thing- it would never shatter. Each and every step they had ever taken- it'd all served to bring them one step closer to where they now stood.

Locke had watched as the dragon snatched her up in its mighty jaws, but averted his eyes as they bore down on the flailing woman. Even in the murky darkness that blurred his vision, he had not missed the rows and rows of teeth sitting in the creature's mouth. For just a few moments, they'd been revealed by faint traces of light which had dared to approach them.

He heard a sickening crunch, followed immediately by agonizing screams and shrieks- the sort you might expect from someone being chewed up while entirely conscious of the gruesome fact. A dull thud signaled to him that the deed had been done. He pictured it in his mind; the woman hanging limp and helpless in the dragon's maw as the beast shook her about vigorously, then casting her unceremoniously to the ground. Like nothing more than a dog and an old bone.

A few frail words let him know that she had survived the ordeal, and his eyes drifted back to catch sight of her own. To the wreck that looked at him from the ground, barely able to keep her head raised, let alone much else. It was pitiful.

"You flew too close to the sun, Mari," he chided. It was easy to say such things, with the safety afforded to him by his savage guardian. His maneuvering him had placed him here, where he was to enjoy his victory. But it felt hollow.

What had he gained from it all? He had nothing to show for it, other than a headache and a night's worth of short-term memory loss.

He spoke with the same level, even tone that he had used back in the golden field. The malice that had laced it, and ravaged his soul was but a faint memory. A bad taste in his mouth, with just a hint of lavender and honey. "I could tell you that it was all the fault of the potion, and that I didn't mean it. But it wouldn't really matter, would it? Either way, the damage has already been done. But what are you going to do next, Mari?"

He slid his hands into his pockets, but his gaze remained transfixed on the women with a dull intensity. "Are you going to grovel and mope? Maybe throw in a bit of self-loathing?" Locke shook his head. "Stand up, Mari."

"eheh, that I did." Mari muttered lifting a hand to wipe the tears from her eyes. She had danced with fire; and Locke most certainly was an intense flame. Her boy trembled from the pain of just being near eaten alive. Mari spat red at the ground. She would be sore tomorrow. She had a meeting with Kiru too. Go figure. "I wonder Locke-" Mari began, lifting her head to meet his calm gaze. "If you would be so bold as to say such things outside the little jail you stepped into." She was referring of course - to the safety of the town.

"I'm not an idiot." She spat at him, lifting her body to a seated position as she fell back onto her buttocks. Breathing heavily. The Dragon did a hefty amount of damage, Mari wondered if it was set - or if it merely acted as a warning. "Your actions were induced by a potion just as much as mine were." She gave him a small smile, despite the heavy feeling in her chest. "Just goes to show what an Alchemist is capable of, no?"

He asked her what she was going to do next; and Mari didn't answer, couldn't answer. She hadn't the slightest clue. "aha.." She gave a bitter outburst. "you try standing after figuratively having your heart shatter; and then literally have rows upon rows of razer sharp teeth tear into your flesh." Mari pushed herself to a standing position - with a great deal of effort and held her arms out wide to show Locke the extent of the damage.

Her armour was in tatters; and she had red gashes of data all over her body. Mari stumbled, and lowered her hands. "What am I going to do now?" She asked, repeating his question. "Congratulate you. Not many can do what you've just done. Let's do it again sometime no?"

His hand found its way to his hip, and he cocked his head in feigned interest. "I think you'll find that I'm no idiot myself, Mari." He righted his posture and shrugged affectedly, making no effort to dress up his motions. "I have no interest in dying for my freedom of speech. I'm afraid martyrdom just isn't what it's cracked up to be."

Locke paused, then winked at her. He beckoned her with a wag of his finger. "But I don't suppose you'd bold enough to take another step into this 'jail' of mine?"

He let his hand drop down to his side, where it hung limp. In truth, he felt exhausted- but rest would come soon enough. All that was left was to tie up a few loose- if not frayed- ends.

"And in case it wasn't obvious enough, I highly suggest not following through with that." She'd suffered her fair share, if her wounds were anything to go by; he wasn't a sadist, after all. "That sounds like a pain to imitate," he remarked. He fiddled with a strand of his hair, twirling it between his fingers as he considered the laundry list of things he'd have to do in order to find himself in that scenario. "You know what? I think I'll pass on that one."

Her next words surprised him, but he merely arched a brow at her dry commendations. "Congratulations; you're standing. You'll be just fine." With that, Locke turned and took a step further into dimly lit town. He threw a careless wave over his shoulder. "I'll see you when I see you, Mari."

He continued forward, keeping his eyes on the dark road ahead. Where does it lead?

It crossed his mind that the question might apply to more than just this road in particular. But he would cross it when he got there.

(super short post)

Mari offered him the smallest of grins; it was clearly forced. "No, you aren't- " She said in response. "You're a smart, devious, calculating man. Perhaps a lil' too much so."

Mari shook her head, "Wasn't intendin' on killing you - where is the fun in that?  I don't take pleasure from killing Locke. Despite what my tag may insinuate." 

Mari turned away from him; as he turned from her. He would retreat into the safe confines of a town Mari would never see; and she would retreat into her Alchemist Store; and gain what little rest she could.

It was a heartbreakingly entertaining meeting; to say the very least.