[OP F-1] The lone spirit enters the city

Err... I'm Jynx.

I raised my hand in the air awkwardly.

I'm Psyche you idiot.

Psyche flipped her fluffy black and pink hair out of her eyes. I nudged her roughly and in reply Psyche punched my ribs. I held her by the back of her hair and the fight stopped. She scowled at me and I let go of her precious hair that she immediately began fixing neatly as soon as I released them.

Hey! I'm a battle axe user. Takes us tough guys to handle it really.

I said excitedly as the new player explained what weapon he used. I even began flexing my right arm not that you could see much past the baggy green sleeve of my dress. Psyche rolled her teal eyes which made me stop and cross my arms back in front of me in a regular postition. Way to make me feel embarrassed Psyche.

I just pull this so it goes across my chest then equip the axe.

Afterwards I explained how the system worked for me, and pointed to the belt across my waist that sagged because of how big it was. Well it had to be or else I'd never be able to pull it over my body.

Why was Syo hiding? Was it because of us?

I widened my brown eyes and Psyche shook her head while laughing a bit at my reaction. I hated it when other people didn't like me and probably came on a bit too strong when trying to get them to like me no matter what. Probably why others use to use me so much.

S-Shut up! I just like to make friends is all...

Psyche tilted her head back and laughed at my reply. She touched my shoulder and squeezed it which made me wince at the feeling. People touching my shoulder was like someone taking sharp nails and running them along a chalkboard or that squeaky noise rubber makes or when someone pops their bones. Disgusting for me and I don't know why but I knew for sure Psyche did know which made me want to attack her right here right now. I just sighed and ignored the girl for now. 

That familiar-

Psyche pointed at the phoenix in the tree and shifted her gaze to the newest player there.

Why a phoenix? Not that I don't like it I love it actually. Just wondering about the odd choice. 

(OCC: I FINALLY hit level 2. I don't know if I should feel proud or not)

"Hehe sorry bout that, I really am" he said to the two girls.

After the player said that the phoenix will bite, he snatched his hand back as quick as he could. Then the bird made a loud squaking sound, which made Zeri cover his ears and said, "Ow! That's one loud brid you have there!" Then he introduced himself as Raeyliff and phoenix as Ash. "Hmm...I be right back" Zeri said as he went to his friend's hiding spot and dragged Syo from it. "This is Syo. He was the one I was talking about!" Then he mentioned about Ash loving fire and he said very nevoursly, "Umm...that could be bad news if he ever gets mad..." Then he heard Raeyliff muttered something to himself but Zeri looked up at him and then he had ignored it.

"No-no Jynx. He just wanted to easedrop on us for whatever reason." Then Raeyliff explained what weapon he use. Then Zeri said, "You're right. You don't see people carrying axes with them every day. But myself..." He drops Syo and then takes out his broadsword, placed it between him and Syo and said, ...me, I use a broadsword cause I used it IRL when I was taking karate. My friends kind of called my 'The lone spirit' or 'warrior' cause all I needed was my broadsword to take my opponents down." Soon after he felt a shocking pain hit him and he grunted and fell on one knee and said to himself, ("Come on please....don't do this to me now. Wait till I'm all alone...please.") Then as he struggled to get up, he used his sword as support, then he chuckled to try to lighten up the mood and draw attention away from himself and said, "Hehe! Don't worry bout me, I'll be fine! We should focuse on trying to find a good training spot on this floor. As he got finished, he said to himself, ("Maybe if I tell somebody I can trust, maybe...just maybe I might be able to control it...")

Raeyliff laughed as he saw Jynx flex her right arm and nodded "I know, right? Almost like lifting weights everyday." he said, smiling. He remembered how he used to barely be able to carry the battle-axe after joining this game. He, at first, doubted that he had made the right decision, but decided to take the risk. The Athletics skill and the time that went by allowed him to gain enough muscle to carry it mostly without effort in the past few days. He nodded as he heard Jynx explain how her battle-axe was kept with her before nodding. "Well, I usually carry it over my shoulder, since it would be really heavy if it was on my waist. It's a double sided battle-axe, you see." he explained, before pulling it out. "So the only way for me to carry it around is over my shoulder. But if I want to go fast somewhere I'll usually unequip it." he explained. Looking at Zeri, he noticed that there was a person he was pushing forward. Syo, Zeri's friend. The player who was out somewhere. "Nice to meet you, Syo." he said, smiling. Zeri went on to explain about his broadsword, to which Raeyliff raised his eyebrows in surprise. Two handed weapons, in general, were not really the most common sight in Aincrad. He smiled, but before he was able to comment Zeri doubled over and then stood up after a while, saying that he was fine. "Are you sure? What was that?" Raeyliff asked. He never saw a player double over in pain before, not in a safe zone.  He turned to look at Psyche, who was asking a question about Ash, the phoenix that was now just looking at Zeri. He looked back "I didn't choose it. It chose me. And we just became partners." he explained, before looking up at Ash and back at Zeri.  

(OCC:let's skip over Syo for now)

"Yea...Yea I'm good! I promise!" Was what all Zeri could manage to say at the moment. He thought to himself, ("Just keep talking.") so he then said, "So umm..." trying to figure out what to say. Then the words had finally came to him, "...why did you both choose a battle axe for a weapon?" Then he turned to Raeyliff and said, "Also I suggest that we so go some training, but I think we should find someone strong who can help us if things go wrong."

Then he turned to Psyche and ignored Jynx because he was pretty sure that Psyche pretty much make much of the decisions of the two, "Do you agree with that or you have any other ideas?" But before anyone could said anything else he said, do you know anyone who could help me armor wise? Cause if we do go into the wild, I feel like I'm a little underequipped to go for some reason..." Then he realized that he didn't have an col on him and he disappointly said, "But then again I'm a little short on col so never mind on that..."

I thought about Zeri's questions for a little bit before answering though I wasn't sure who exactly he was asking.

I chose a battle axe because usually in games I used one-handed weapons and that just gets boring. It was a desire really and then I ended up liking the feeling. Plus I was already strong enough to use the weapon.

He then made another comment that I would reply to.

We don't need anybody else. We've got a whole group. When you're out of combat you gain health so if something goes wrong a player can fill in for you while you go and relax. Also if you hadn't noticed by now Raeyliff looks like he is a pretty high level. 

I smiled at Raeyliff while Psyche remained silent. I wasn't sure if she was angry or not on her face sometimes it was hard to tell.

We're a low level we don't need armor yet. Ever heard of grinding? Probably not. Try and earn some money yourself and go buy some instead of making a higher level pity you enough to fork over some items.

Psyche spit. Oh yeah she was angry alright. I still had no idea why though. In hopes of distracting the others from her harsh words I laughed and shook my head.

...Hey... How about we go hunt now?

Yeah let's go.

I mouthed a "sorry" to Zeri with a frown on my face. Psyche was most likely planning to take her anger out on the animals while we go fighting. Hopefully he didn't mind too much and we could still be friends afterwards. If we ever planned to meet up it'd have to be without Psyche since it seems they had a never dying hatred for each other.

(OOC: I always feel so mean playing Psyche >.<)

Zeri shrugged his shoulders and said, "Goos enough for me." Then Jynx said that Raeyliff was at a high level and made him curious. Zeri started to walk around Raeyliff and examining him. After a couple of seconds, he stopped, shrugged his shoulders once more and said, "I don't see it."

Then Jynx explained that we have enough people an that if someone need to, that they can step out and rest for a moment and he responded, "Ok. That sound ok." Then Psyche said that we don't need armor quite yet since we were still at a low level, but Zeri disagree with that and it probably had showed without him knowing it. Then she had said that I shouldn't pity the high players for items and then he nervously said, "No-No!! You have the wrong idea! I-I wasn't trying to sound like that. I just had felt a little uncomfortable going into battle without any armor. But turn I realized that I didn't have any col to buy any, so grinding might sound like a plan." Then both Jynx and Psyche said that we should go hunting now and he agree while thinking to himself, ("If things go wrong, I have them to protect me.") Then a strange presence came over him, a presence that was bloodthirsty for battle and then he said very confidently, "Let's go."

81MQ2yz.png

Syo stood up almost immediately when he heard hunting. "Now we're talking!" he shouts, as he runs off towards the exit of Starter City. He ignored everyone around him and proceeds into the Grassyfields where Frenzy Boars and Dire Wolves come out to play. The group is far behind Syo, but he wants to show everyone that he has the strength to protect them, so he proceeds to attract Two boars towards him. "There's no way I could lose to these monsters.. I'm stronger than them." he states, as he draws his sword out and ready to proceed to attack the enemy.

He attempts to slash at the Frenzy Boar, but fails to do so and attempts to leap back into safety.

12212 7 1 9 Syo 2015-03-09 17:40:10

[SYO 15/15 HP]

[Frenzy Boar 10/10 HP] - 0

[Frenzy Boar 10/10 HP]

As soon as the group finished talking about hunting, he heard footsteps taking off and next thing he knew he had saw Syo taking off. Without any hesitation, Zeri had took off after Zeri without any regard to the others, like they wasn't even there. As he approached Syo location, he saw that Syo had found some frenzy boars to fight. When he saw that both Syo and the boar had missed he took that opportunity to hit the boar while he was recovering

ID:12216 BD:10 MD:4 (That luck though)

As soon as the boar missed his attack with Syo, he slashed straight down into the boar with his broadsword, leaving a serious mark to the boar. Then he glared at Syo and then said, "You. Are. NOT. Getting the first kill before I do. Got that."

(Zeri=0)

(Frenzy boar 1=base dmg 2 +hyper critical 2=4)

[Zeri HP:7/7]

[Frenzy Boar HP:6/10]

[Frenzy Boar HP:10/10]

(OCC:Don't know what happened to me dragging you back to the group Syo. Jynx I'm guessing maybe Syo, me, Frenzy boar 1, you and psyche, Raeyliff, then frenzy boar 2)

Syo and Zeri left without a warning. Of course Psyche and I followed but we walked instead of rushing off like the boys did. The two seemed focused on one boar so Psyche and I equipped our weapons and targeted the other frenzy boar. I swung the axe up in the air while rushing towards my target with ease and slammed the axe down on the boar with brute force. Then Psyche swooped in and took a swipe at the animal which missed and made her curse especially when the frenzy boar got a cut on her stomach. It flashed a red that was a bit brighter than her tank-top before disappearing. Now I had a full understanding of how the game mechanics worked. We both jumped back after attacking.

Alright alright. Good start team!

I flashed a smile at everybody and spoke with a cheery tone to lighten the mood. It seemed Syo and Zeri were arguing with each other or something like that. I couldn't really hear well being kind of far from the two.

[Roll] ID 12222 <---> BD 9 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 2

[Roll 2] 

• Rolled a 3 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 3 on the d20 (loot) dice.

[Party] Jynx 11 HPPsyche 8 HPSyo 15 HP, Zeri 7 HP, Raeyliff 22 HP

[Mobs] Frenzy Boar 1 6 HP, Frenzy Boar 2 7 HP

(OOC: Roll 1 is Jynx, Roll 2 is Psyche. Their target is Frenzy Boar 2. Now that we're battling there should be an established post order so don't just post randomly.)

[12634 BD:4+1 Helsependel Accuracy=5 MD:7]

[Raeyliff misses]

[Frenzy Boar 1 deals 1 base damage]

Raeyliff was about to charge before at the first boar before he noticed that the second boar was staring at him from a squawk coming from Ash that alarmed him. He stood back up and raised his battle-axe just in time to stop the attack, but not completely. He fell back a couple of steps in the process while getting a small scratch on the arm, nothing too serious for him. "Bad luck for me then. Keep going guys, we'll kill 'em in no time." he said, cheering the group on. In a sense he had been annoyed over the fact that he wasn't able to attack a boar, but he was also grateful that he didn't get to attack. He didn't want to kill or almost kill a boar off for them. He looked back at Ash and gave him a thumbs up before taking a look a the next player in line. 

[Party] Jynx 11 HPPsyche 8 HPSyo 15 HP, Zeri 7 HP, Raeyliff 21 HP

[Mobs] Frenzy Boar 1 6 HPFrenzy Boar 2 7 HP

81MQ2yz.png

The rest of the party shows up to Syo and he couldn't help but smile. He brings his sword to his hip and dashes towards the wounded Frenzy Boar. His sword strikes the boar, leaving it a red mark on its body. Syo leaps back to safety, avoiding any damage applied to him. He looks over at Zeri and nods his head, "You're up next, Zeri." he states, as he stands by Zeri.

12722 8 10 10 7 Syo Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-15 15:15:42

[Party] Jynx 11 HPPsyche 8 HPSyo 15 HP, Zeri 7 HP, Raeyliff 21 HP

[Mobs] Frenzy Boar 1 4 HPFrenzy Boar 2 7 HP

"Come on, I have to focus!" Zeri had said to himself. As Syo called to him to make the next attack. He took a deep breath and charged ahead towards the boar. As he swung his sword at the boar, it had dodged his blade and then its tusk had entered his rib. He grunted in pain for a little and pushed the boar away from him. As he made his way back to the group he thought to himself, "Guess I'm not getting the first kill after all then..." then he shook that thought off of his head as he knew that there was still another boar that he could have the chance to kill. Then he looked at Jynx and Psyche and said to them, "Looks like it's your turn to shine. Don't let me down!"

ID:12775 BD: 3 MD:6

Syo: 15

Zeri : [6/7] (-1 from base dmg)

Jynx: 11

Psyche: 8

Raeyliff: 21

Frenzy Boar 1: [4/10] (missed)

Frenzy boar 2: [7/10]

(OCC: Sorry if this seems kind of short, I'm a little sleppy from classes today and did not get my nap in at all today! I'll try to edit this when I find some time to of it needs to be.)

O-Okay.

I responded and swung for the boar we'd hit before. It didn't work unfortunately so I just back up but as I did Psyche shoved past me and played with her dagger before getting a red mark to flash on the boar. The boar angrily lunged at her causing the two to fight but in the end Psyche got hurt again. She still stood tall and came back to my side so the others could fight.

[Roll] ID 12857 <---> BD 3 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 8

[Roll 2]

• Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 9 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 2 on the d20 (loot) dice.

[Party] Jynx 11 HPPsyche 7 HPSyo 15 HP, Zeri 6 HP, Raeyliff 21 HP

[Mobs] Frenzy Boar 1 4 HPFrenzy Boar 2 6 HP

[12859 BD: 4 +1=5 MD:8]

[Raeyliff fails, Boar deals 1 dmg]

Raeyliff went forward, the second battle-axe user in line. He hoped to have some more luck than Jynx in hitting the boar, but he was nowhere close. As he charged, he was shocked to see that the boar was already two steps ahead and already lunging itself directly at his chest. He had enough time to realize the fact that he was too late before he fell back, the breath knocked out of him. He spent a few moments on the ground, regaining his breath slowly, before standing back up, holding his battle-axe. He walked back before saying. "Next.". He looked at Jynx. "Guess it's not the day for battle-axe users, huh?" he said, grinning, before looking forward at the boar. They could kill it, but they just needed the power to be able to go ahead and destroy it. All it would take is one critical hit...and you're gone...but when will that happen? he thought, looking forward. 

[Party] Jynx 11 HPPsyche 7 HPSyo 15 HP, Zeri 6 HP, Raeyliff 20 HP

[Mobs] Frenzy Boar 1 4 HPFrenzy Boar 2 6 HP

Lost in his own thoughts to why Syo wasn't attacking, Zeri didn't noticed that the boar was planning to attack Syo nor that he had leveled up as well. Running as fast as he could, he got in front of Syo and said to the boar, "Hey boar! I'm your target and Syo's mine!" Both Zeri and the boar attacked at the same time causing damaged to each other, the boar disappeared into crystals and Zeri felled to his knees. As he struggled to get up, he noticed that his HP didn't drop at all and he figured that he must have leveled up or a something and said to Jynx, Psyche and Raeyliff, "Just worry about the boar, I got Syo." He didn't care that he got the first kill, he just wanted to protect his friends no matter what.

ID: 13450 BD: 10 MD: 9 LD:13

Zeri [6/9] (leveled up -1dmg from before -2 crit)

Syo: 15

Jynx: 11

Psyche: 7

Raeyliff: 20

Frenzy boar 1: [0/10] (2 base + 2 crit)

Frenzy boar 2: [6/10]

+1 material

+50 col

(OCC: Don't konw if I get this or not, so let me know please)

I liked that Zeri protected Syo and I think even Psyche did with the look in her eyes that only lasted for a second, turning to pure hatred and mischief. again. But that's how they always looked. I gave Raeyliff a thumbs up and smiled at Zeri before Psyche nudged me to get a move on. We both attacked at the same time but not on purpose. The combo was completely accidental. 

I swung my axe at the boar near the end of it while Psyche tore up the front. She slashed so quickly it was insane. Probably anger but still I knew she was skilled with that small dagger of her's. My axe dug in the animal a little before I gripped it and got hold of my weapon steadily once again. The boar happened to last out at me since Psyche had moved back so quick. I was glad that happened though since Psyche had already lost more health points than me. We both stepped back to allow Raeyliff to hopefully get rid of the last boar.

[Roll] ID 13616 <---> BD 7 <---> CD XX <---> LD XX <---> MD 9

[Roll 2]

• Rolled a 9 on the d10 (battle) dice.
  • Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice.
  • Rolled a 11 on the d12 (craft) dice.
  • Rolled a 7 on the d20 (loot) dice.

[Party] Jynx 10 HPPsyche 7 HPSyo 15 HP, Zeri 6 HP, Raeyliff 20 HP

[Mobs] Frenzy Boar 1 Deceased 0 HPFrenzy Boar 2 2 HP

(OOC: Yes you did it correctly. It's up to you whether or not you keep the loot or share it with Syo, since you got the last hit, it's rightfully your's. Except you put frenzy boar 2 has 7 HP when it has 6 on your last post.)