SP-F6 <<The Gemini>> "True Hearts..."

Travelling around has always been a constant in my life. I have moved form country to country, searching for new experiences. In the bustle of the starting city I heard tales of a jungle like environment on floor 6. Haha I have never been to the jungle. Maybe I can find some interesting sights and people. The teleport pad whirred under my feet. "Floor 6". I felt a rush of energy surge through the air. I opened my eyes to find myself surrounded by vines and trees. Kind of has a George of the Jungle feel doesn't it? I started strolling down the road towards a grand waterfall in the distance. Be a nice place to swim.

Walking down the road I hear the sounds of the jungle. Birds calling to one another, the wind whistling through the canopy of tall trees towering over me. It truly looked and felt like a jungle. I spot a colorful bird fly through the air and land in a tall tree. Plucking the fruit from its branches and carrying it off somewhere. Nature in its purest form right here. Untouched, unscathed, unspoiled by mans hunger for power and expansion. This is how the world should be...simple and clean. The environment continues to amaze me, but I cant shake the feeling that something is watching me.

It's probably nothing. This jungle is probably full of things watching me. Lions, tigers, bears...oh my... The sun shone brightly on the path as I can begin to hear the falls crashing onto each other. I cant wait to take a dip and get out of this blistering sunlight. As I keep walking I hear a rustling in the bushes. I stop dead in my tracks. "Who's there?" I shout at the bush. "Come along, show yourself, I don't mean you any harm" I reassure the sneaky stalker. I hope it's not that Kosan guy again...

As the figure comes out from behind the bush it begins to speak. "Hello there weary traveler! I am the "Luck NPC". I give out fabulous rewards to travelers who can best me in a first strike combat competition!" Just my luck! this will be too easy with Digitizer. I wonder what kind of rewards I can get from this "Luck NPC" I draw my blade. "I accept this challenge my friend. May the best man win!" I scroll on my HUD and accept the challenge. Here we go again my trusty blade. I thrust towards the NPC, who did not seem to have any weapons. 

ID# 11896

BD: 10 (critical +2) DMG= 4 (2 from crit 2 from base+skill)

MD: 3

I strike the NPC straight in the chest with a precise critical hit! But the NPC was not praising me. It began to cackle and transform into...me! "HAHAHAHAHA! You fool! You may have struck first, but I shall have the last laugh here! With your dead corpse at my feet! What is this thing? Some kind of mimic? Is it a player? or really an NPC? Either way I still have to kill it.

Xanatos 15/15

Gemini 11/15

The impostor readied his blade. It looked similar to Digitizer but I could tell it wasn't exactly as powerful. I charged in, ready to finish this quickly. He's already critically injured. Hopefully it wont take too much more to finish it off. "You are pathetic, I am you. You are me. We are the same. We are murderers. Theives. Bastards without purpose. We are chaos." the creature speaks. Lies, all of them lies. I changed I am no longer the reckless boy I once was. I thrust my blade towards his neck. 

ID#:11897

BD:2

MD:5

I narrowly miss It's neck by a few inches. This creature is more nimble than I anticipated. 

I steadied myself and prepared to retaliate. This guy's good. But he cant it anything for jack. Sooner or later he's gonna slip up and I'm gonna finish this. "I hope you have all of your affairs in order. Because I don't intend to let you kill me. Creatures like you have no place in this world. All you do is kill for greed and power, or simply because it's fun. And for that, you will die." I slide along the ground and slice upwards towards the mimic.

ID 11898

BD: 1

MD: 3

The creature cackled as it hopped over my blade. But It not counter attack...how strange.

"HEHEHEHE you don't understand do you? I know all of your skills, all of your strategies. I know every move you make before you even make it! How do you ever hope to defeat an enemy that knows everything you do?" the creature chided. I smirk and reply, "Then I guess I'm just going to have to invent some new strategies, If you knew me so well, you would know that I can adapt very easily." With that remark i slash wildly at the creature, aiming to maim him anywhere I could. 

ID#11899

BD:7 (success) DMG=2 (base+skill)

MD:3 (failure)

The blade shredded the creatures clothing as it struck deep, slashing open it's flesh.

Xanatos 15/15

Gemini 9/15

The creature yelled in pain as my blade crossed it's chest. I feel an odd sense of both satisfaction and terror. As his body was my body. That could have just as easily been me instead of him right now. A cold shiver runs down my spine as I prepare my next attack. Right between the eyes. "Getting tired yet? you haven't even struck me. This battle was over before it even began, demon." "Demon? Demon!? Look who's talking about Demons? The Silver Tongue himself is calling me a Demon? oh the hilarity. Being called that after all these years....made me angry. "That man is dead...he will forever stay dead!" I stab the blade into the rips in his chest.

ID#11901

BD: 5 +2 ACC (success) DMG= 2

MD:4

The blade delves deep into his wounds. The creature writhes in pain as I twist and pull out.

Xanatos: 15/15

Gemini  7/15

"Dead is he? I see your memories, i see your heart. I know that the Silver Tongue still lays inside you, looking for a chance to break free. Why don't you let him out a bit? He so wants to join you in this world. He spoke to you did he not? When you slaughtered that boar?" Damn he really does have my memories..what is this power? Does he truly know my heart, maybe even better than I do?....I shake my head in disbelief and charge at him again, ready to shove my sword into his throat.

ID#11902

BD: 5 +2 ACC (success) DMG= 2

MD 8 (success) DMG= 2- 1(DMG MIT)= 1

My blade scraped it's throat as it cackled, effectively silencing his tongue for a moment. But it grins slyly as he points to the blade poking slghtly into my side... Damn

Xanatos 14/15

Gemini 5/15

Does this creature just not die? Is it the same level as me? No...It has the same health and skills as me...I can't let this thing beat me. Remember a battle is 75% mental. You cant let him get inside your head like this. Stay strong. THe past is the past. Your heart is true. You have proven it time and time again. I raised my blade and plunged the blade towards his heart. This heart is evil and corrupt, mine is...redeemed!

ID#11904

BD:9 (critical +1) DMG= 3

MD: 10 (critical +2) = 4- 1(DMG MIT) =3

HIs heart was peirced by the tip of my blade. Bu for some reason the mimic just cackled and shoved his blade into my side. God damn that hurts like a mofo....

Xanatos 11/15

Gemini 2/15

Although I haven't sustained much damage this battle, I feel my heart getting heavier and heavier with my past. This creature was able to reveal my darkest corners of my heart in one conversation. "You ready..to give up yet? You obviously want to die, who would want to live after living such an evil life? He's right, I lived an eveil ife for a long time...because I thought I could be happy with just possessions...money, girls, guns...but in the end of it, none of it mattered.. "It's time to end your bullshit..." I take my blade and strike to take his head completely off.

ID#11906

BD: 2

MD:1

I pause my blade at his throat. "You were never even a challenge"

HP Unchanged.

"you were never a challenge because I already conquered you once before. My past is my past, and some day I'll have to answer for what I've done. But today is not that day. Today is a new day, and with the new day, a new me. You'll never understand my pain, you are just a copy, not the original." I raise my blade once again to it's throat. "I wish you could've learned to be more than pretending to be others, to be a person all your own." I swipe across his neck.

ID#11911

BD:7 (success) DMG= 2

MD: 10 (critical +2) DMG= dead

The mimics head fell with a thud to the ground.

Looking at the cold dead body of the mimic on the ground. I couldn't help but notice that my player indicator had not turned orange. So it was an NPC after all...What kind of sick twisted thing would program an NPC like this....I look at the loot screen above the body.

ID#11915

LD: 11

+1 Mat and a health potion.

I pocket the loot and notice that the body had not yet shattered into pixels. Why was the body still hanging around? I walked over to the head of the mimic.....It was still moving!

"The past doesn't die so easily my little runaway, Look at me? I'm severed from my body,yet the hatred deep within your heart sustains me even now.Hehehehe how do you expect to kill something that cannot die? how do you expect to kill an enemy you can't see? The mimics head speaking terrified me...Was I really that truly evil? Was I so evil that death itself could not take my anger and hate straight to the depths of hell? I picked up the head of the mimic in my hands

"You don't know me as well as you think you do, like I said, I've moved past those dark times in my life. All of that is behind me. You are behind me. "If you really believe that, you will take yourself to that waterfall beyond that clearing. There you will face your deepest fears. your deepest darkness. If you think I'm a piece of work, just wait until you see what appears there. Hehehe I can only imagine the power that image will have...makes me hungry just thinking about it....

"The waterfall huh? Why should I believe you? You just tried to kill me no reason! You are the evil one here not me! There's no telling how many victims you have claimed in the name of your insatiable lust for death and destruction. You are simply a demon that is just trying to trick me into death."  "If I am such a demon, why are you considering my challenge? I can still see into your heart Xanatos. I know that you wont give a chance to rid yourself of your past permanently."

The demonic little bastard was right..If there was a chance that i could be rid of my cancerous past for good..why not try it? I wander towards the clearing with the head still in my hand. I really hope no one else sees me with this head in my hand. "What you afraid that someone will judge you because you're carrying a disembodied head? If I were you, I'd be more worried about the fact that you are probably gonna die a horrible and painful death at the hands of your own soul" :D

The head was right oddly enough. No one seemed to be around to freak out about the head in my hand. I try to think about what my challenge will be like at the waterfall. Could that really happen? Could this game really simulate my dark side and make me fight it to the death? " The real problem right now is what to do with you? Why haven't you died yet?" "Isn't it obvious silly boy? You just have to kill me! Go on find a way to kill me! Goodluck because I'm already dead!"

How can I kill something that's already dead? After thinking about it a bit, the answer became as clear as the sky. I simply have to stop believing in it. Stop giving it the light of day. Rebuke it and banish it. Never to return again. I finally reached the waterfall. The sight was beautiful to behold. The sunlight dancing on the wake of the water from the falls crashing into the pools. It brought me a bit of solace in this weird and confusing drama this mimic pulled me into. It's time to get rid of this curse on my soul. 

I walked up to the pool formed by the falls. "Well here it is! Just like I said. Can you feel the power in this place? the lives its claimed in its cold depths? The souls of those claimed by their own darkness?" Yeah I can feel it, but I can also feel the power of those who have triumphed over their darkness. I lean over the fountain with the head in my hand. "You're finished" "Hey, what th-" The heads sentence could not be overhead by the sound of the water rushing over it as I drown it in the water. "I'm finished with you, ashes to ashes..dust to dust...true hearts reveal true evil..."