SP-F6 <<Calming the Soul>> "...Reveal True Evil!"

After my battle with the evil creature I readied myself for the struggle ahead...Fighting my own dark side...it seems impossible, but if there is one thing I have learned in this world is that surprises hide around every corner, just waiting to be discovered. The falls roared as I approached the glistening pools. I felt a sense of calm, I was ready. I had been ready for years to fight my darkness, and it took me being sent into a deadly video game to finally have the opportunity. It's time I followed through on my own promises. It's time I reveal the true evil within myself.

I approached the pool with caution. There was no telling what kind of hellish demon would emerge from the water. "The mimics head told me that the monster lies within the water..." " Oh a monster am I, Oh Xanatos you and I will always be one, so doesn't that mean you're just as much of a monster than I may be? Or have you forgotten The Silver Tongue so easily?" The voice came out of nowhere. It's voice echoing through my head. "That name no longer has any meaning to me. The Silver Tongue is dead....dead." 

"But the Silver Tongue never died Xanatos, they all remember him. Who could forget the things you did? I'll tell you who would never forget...ahhh there she is...deep down in there. I'm not surprised that the mimic didn't see her. Miss Christina. Hahaha she was a beauty wasn't she? She was the only you ever cared for! But people in our line of work Xanatos can't afford to have loved ones of any kind eh? You learned that the hard way. When our "employers" realized they had a wild dog on there hands, they made sure to fit you with a "leash" so to speak.

"No...leave her out of this. She was innocent damn it! Innocent...A glimmer of hope in a life of darkness and chaos...I killed so many people..young, old...didn't matter as long as I got what I wanted." That's right! Women, money, power. We had it all didn't we? Didn't matter who got in our way, as soon as they became a problem, we executed them. I miss those days don't you? It's been so long since you tasted a real fight worthy of my resurfacing. You got close with that boar didn't you? You could hear my voice deep inside you, a voice of powerful hatred.

"There is no passion, There is peace. There is no chaos, There is Harmony. There is no Ignorance, There is Knowledge. This is just one of the maxims that have helped me keep you at bay until one day I would be stronger than you. Stronger than my hate, my passion for violence, my lust for power. You have no power over me anymore..you hear me? NO POWER! What do you have to show for yourself? Death. You are dead to me while I still live. I will not let you reign over anyone. You are finished."

"Am I finished Xanatos? Where would you be without me, huh? Dead in an alley somewhere. A forgotten, rotting corpse in some dumpster. You were worth nothing without me! Garbage! But I saved you didn't I? I gave you a purpose, a purpose that gave us riches beyond our wildest dreams. Now you seek to destroy me? No...no that just wont do... you say you're ready to face me down like a man? Then show me your so called "power" you sniveling coward!

With that remark, A copy of me emerged from the falls. It looked exactly like me, only different somehow. Its eyes were a fiery red, while his hair was even blacker. Dark as a starless night. "HAHAHAHAHA let's see if you can defeat what made you powerful in the first place Xanatos! Pure destruction. Pure chaos. Pure power!!" Sensing an opportune moment to strike, I thrust at the image ready to tear out it's cold black heart from the inside out!

ID#11926

BD:10 (critical +2) DMG= 4 (2 from crit 2 from base plus skill)

MD:5 (fail)

"RAHHHHHH!" The blade struck deep into the heart of the dark copy of myself. A perfect strike to his heart.

Xanatos 15/15

Dark Xanatos 11/15

"Hahaha you fool, do you really think something like me has a heart? You may have struck a harsh blow but I feel nothing but pleasure in pain that I or others suffer. Sound familiar you sadistic bastard? You remember every scream, every yell in pain that you caused right? I am the fruition of every bit of pain you relished in! You think defeating me will make that all go away? HAHAHAHA you are such a weak idiot! I did not respond, only attempted to strike another blow to him

ID#11928

BD: 9 (critical +1) DMG= 3 (crit plus base plus skill)

MD:9 (critical +1) DMG= 2 (crit plus base plus skill minus DMG MIT)

My blow landed exactly where I planned straight to his side! But as the blow was struck the dark copy of me smiled. He had copied my move exactly and struck me in the same way. 

Xanatos: 13/15

Dark Xanatos 8/15

"Haha are you surprised? Honestly did you not consider i possessed your abilities? But it seems we both landed a harsh blow to each other. I maybe underestimated you...but no matter! You will soon be dead and I will take control of our body and wreak havoc here, just as The Silver Tongue would have. We will be one again Xanatos, Prepare to die a painful death! "The image prepared to strike, but I had predicted his recklessness, I swiped forward to catch him off guard.

ID# 11929

BD: 10 (Critical +2)  DMG= 4 (crit plus base plus skill)

MD:5 (failure)

"Wha-" I caught the image off guard slicing its chest wide open. "Damn it! This is not how this was supposed to end!"

Xanatos 13/15

Dark Xanatos 4/15

"You've done a lot of talking for someone about to die. Listen...do you hear that? It's the voices of those who have rebuked their darkness and slayed it at this exact spot. Soon, more people coming to rebuke things like you will be here. They will defeat their darkness and their voices will join the song of victory! I have no further use for you. You are weak. You are weak because you are reckless, brash, greedy, power blind and evil. You are pure evil.  The Silver Tongue will never rise again!" I attempt to strike a blow to the arm of the image

ID#11930

BD:2

MD:5

The image barely dodges my attack. "Strong words from a coward who was too weak to save the one he loved"

"She was a casualty of my lifestyle. It was my fault she died..I know this..But I've come to accept the fact that beating myself up over it. She would never want me to live in the past and wallow in my pain. Wallow in you..." This image thinks he has the power to beat me even when the odds are very much against him at this point. Was this the type of arrogance I held on to for so long even after Christina's death? "I no longer have to worry about how she feels about the way I've led my life, as I have been living it to help those in need now, instead of killing them and exploiting them. I am free. As she is free" I lunge for the throat of the image.

ID#11931

BD: 3

MD:1

The image falls back as I strike, my blade missing it's mark.

"What will you do with me gone huh? What will you have left to fight within yourself? You're not perfect by any means. You'll always have a sliver of darkness within you. Always a sliver me in your heart." "You're right, I'm not perfect. But who is? I'm willing to live with my pain and my past...As long as my future does not include seeing you every time I feel happiness! I strike for the images right lung

ID# 11932

BD: 8 (success) DMG= 2 (base plus skill)

MD: 10 (critical +2) DMG= 3 (crit plus base plus skill minus DMG MIT)

I pierce the images lung but he mimics my action exactly, piercing my side deeply. "hehehehe again eh?"

Xanatos: 10/15

Dark Xanatos 2/15

I grunt as I speak to the image "hehehe do you feel him? Do you finally feel deaths grasp on your throat you bastard? All this time you've been running from him out of fear. Fear of judgement. I wlill never face that grasp my old dark friend..for I have been saved by the grace of the light! A grace that gives me the chance to make up for the lives I've ended by saving the ones I can here and now in SAO. Now, in the name of the light, Begone!" I strike to take off the head of the image.

ID#11933

BD:10 (critical +2) DMG=4 (crit plus base plus skill)

MD:4

The Image's head is removed swiftly by my blade. The image fades away into thin air....it's over...

Xanatos 10/15

Dark Xanatos DEAD

I drop to my knees in relief as I feel the light of the sun surround me and lift me up. I float above the waters, the cool air wrapping me up and releasing me. I feel the burden of darkness in my heart lift and release. The Silver Tongue is no more...my darkness is no more...true evil has been revealed by a true heart...and vanquished...thank you...I am placed on my feet on the water. For a few moments, I was walking on water. I step off the pond onto the ground. Everything seemed so peaceful now...

I take off my armor and clothes and get inside the pool. I am cleansed..clean by the grace of the light. I can feel the aura of all those before who succeeded, singing a song of victory for me..."Awake my soul...awake my soul..." I sing in the waters of the light. This..this is what the touch of God must feel like...I feel so much power granted to me. I check my HUD to see a new skill has been added to my inventory "Meditation". I sit on a stone and chant to activate the ability..

"There is no passion there is peace. there is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is only light." I chant this over and over again as the light surrounds me. I feel the light invigorate my soul. Eventually this skill could heal me...I can feel its restoring power buried deep within. Who knew after all this time I was wandering from place to place to find peace. I would find it in the chaos of this world. There is no chaos, there is only harmony.

I emerge from the pool. My body feels so refreshed and ready for the life ahead of me. The darkness had no where else to hide once I faced it.  I stared up at the clear sky...I did it Christina. I finally beat it after all of these years...I love you...

Tears begin to fall onto my face. "I stand by the oath I made when I first arrived on this godforsaken world. I will beat this game. The man in red will face my righteous fury and feel the revealing power of the light! He can't hide forever!"

I stared up at the falls. I jumped onto the rocks of the falls to being climbing. Rock by rock I scale the falls. I will never give up. I will never give in. Higher and higher I climbed, never looking down. I was done looking behind me. I was done looking to the past. All that mattered was the future. A future free of the tyranny of those who just seek out the weak so that the may rule them. With cruelty and hate. I was almost to the top of the falls. I could feel the breeze getting swifter and swifter.

Reaching the top of the falls. I look out into the horizon. the canopy of trees seemed to go on and on without end. I shout to the heavens as loud as I possibly can. "IM COMING FOR YOU!"..."Then come to me my persistent friend. Once I heard The Silver Tongue was in SAO I couldn't help but smile...Goodluck" I smirk. "I look forward to seeing you in person, to make you answer for all the lives you have ruined. You will face justice. You will face me!

I climb down from the waterfall. I feel a new resolve. An even more new purpose in my life. I start walking back to the jungle village where the teleport platform is. I can feel my injuries beginning to heal but I could still feel the slight aching in my sides. The women of the village seem to notice the change in me. They were nodding at me and yelling things like "great job!" and "Welcome to the light". I guess because of all the travelers that come through here, kind of draw attention from the locals.