[PP-F2] Deadly Vines

Skylar was feeling pretty darn good about himself. He was getting ready to open up his show, he was making a few friends, and he has yet to die yet. Which was pretty nice!

He explored the area where he took his earlier quest looking for some loot. The mountain was pretty big but Skylar missed the chance to explore the hole that was left by the boulder. It was nice in a way that made you feel like you are being watched in the shower. He stood aware at all times in case of another blood vine attack. The last one was not difficult, but being attacked all the time would be annoying. Still the sunlight was perfectly shining inside the slightly damp cave.

Ariel was taking a stroll aimlessly after finishing some errands in Urbus, her familiar as always was walking in front of her before, out of the blue, she started running towards an unknown location. Ariel sooned follow, by now getting accustomed with her companion's behaviour. They runned for a short while until they stumbled upon a lonely wanderer that was staring at a giant hole in the ground in/near? a cave. Her familiar stopped behind the stranger and let out a growl to make her presence noted to the guy. Ariel soon followed, stopping to catch her breath before speaking: "Don't be afraid of her, she won't bite...I think, just show her some attention and you'll be alright. She's quite the diva." she took a look at the player that was still in what appeared starter gear. "Going out alone exploring? you should take somebody with you next time. By the way my name is Ariel and this is Kimba, my companion. Nice to meet you."

((a pic of the two in the description

Skylar froze for a second as he heard a growl in the background. The sound of a woman behind him telling him 'not to be afraid' calmed him down. As far as he knew no monsters actually spoke and his back was turned. so if anything was going to actually kill him, it would have tried too already. Skylar turned around slowly and saw a lion. Which was pretty weird but there it was clear as day. "That is soo coool!" He purposely held the O for no apparent reason. Skylar walked up and started petting the lion. "I am guessing the lion is Kimba huh? So you must be a lion king fan.  I did enjoy that movie."

Skylar stopped the petting to introduce himself. "My name is Skylar the wonderful! Not really the wonderful part but it would not hurt to start somewhere. Besides this is a beautiful partner you have here. Very majestic in a lovely sense." Skylar looked around the cave as a dreadful feeling settled in.

She was happy to see that he didn't freak out like your average newbie in the starting city. With a laugh she approached while saying: "Lion king? that is just the imitation of an old Japanese series titled 'Kimba the White Lion'. But that doesn't matter for now. Nice to meet you Skylar the wonderful, don't worry most nicknames as self-proclaimed anyway. As my nickname is "Crowned Lion", a partial translation from my full name." She took a better look at him. "I assume you're still new to the game judging by your lack of custom made items." she made with her right hand a couple of hand gestures then summoned an item from her shop's inventory. "It isn't much but have this, it's better that the starting gear anyway." She throwed him a small cute looking plushie she made in her shop a few days ago. 

- Item:

Item: Parrot

Item type : Plushie
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 LD
Shop
The Lion's Den

Description : A cute blue cotton filled parrot plushie small enough to be worn as a weapon accessory. It can easily be attached to the hilt of one's weapon. Some say these plushies bring good luck.

Skylar actually smiled. She was pretty nice to give him a plushie. Not to mention most people did not actually know about Kimba that was why he said Simba instead. "I was a bigger fan of Cassius but I felt even worse when he died." Skylar pretty much liked Ariel she was pretty nice about it. Well here he went into his shop items and pulled out gold ringer. "I am not one to just take free items. So you can have this. It may not be much but it may be useful" He handed the crystal over. "Just becareful with it, you bust that open in here and god knows what would happen."

Name: Gold Ringer

Your Profession: Performer

Your Rank: As of now Rank 2

ID: 11665

Roll: 10

Item Type: Monster Call (Attraction Song)

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: Gives +1 LD

Description: One monster with loot requirement is spawned. The monster when killed gives +1 on the LD

Ariel took the items examining it before adding it to her inventory. "So I suppose this is a recording crystal right? I have a friend that makes..or made this kind of items. Hadn't heard from him in a while. But the ones he made we're annoying so I used them to distract mobs while I kill them" she began chuckling while reminiscing of the time she first meet X at his shop. "But still I appreciate the gesture. If it weren't a consumable item I would've had to decline. you didn't answer my initial question, What brings you around these parts? " she bluntly asked, showing no restraint while thinking that this was the first time a player actually make a somehow fair exchange with her, until now she would only give items from her shop. Not the she'd expect something in return but still it was a nice feeling and this guy seemed well-mannered, not like some other guy she just spoken about.

"Yes it is a recording crystal. Glad you recognized it since most people do not." Skylar answered her first question first. Being a performer was not an easy profession and there was not many performers even. The fact that she was able to meet one amazed Skylar, he would love to meet one and compare notes. At this point he remembered to answer her other question " I was actually here to look for some loot. I was here the other day completing a quest, so I figured I would look around." Skylar made a move to go further into the cave.

Ariel takes a better look at him while listening. Noding understandingly she speaks in a clear voice that reverberates around the nearby cave walls: " yeah I know one annoying dude from the Square one guild. To him I was referring to earlier. He has some good tastes in music but his lacking self restraint. Maybe I could arrange a meeting , he usually scots the first floor for potential recruits... And when I say potential, I'm referring to every low lvl he sees." She lets out a chuckle that turns into a light laugh. Meanwhile Kimba began brushing herself onto Skylar's legs.

She followed him into the cave while motioning her familiar to follow: " It's all nice and all to roam around freely at these low level floors but in th future you might want to consider taking somebody with you next time. You'll have somebody to watch your back and time will pass more quickly that way. Also of what quest are you talking about?" She asked genuently interested, she thought she'd taken almost every possible quest till now but Ariel didn't remember one here at this floor.

Skylar turned around to look at his companion. "Well the quest is a secret but I will share it with you. It is called "breaking the unbreakable" it involves a big rocks that spawns in front of the cave entrance when you accept the quest." Skylar was pretty excited talking about that quest he almost missed the beeps. *beep* *beep* His menu went off signaling he had a message. He opened to read it before sighing. His guild apparently got disbanded, it was sad but not something he could have prevented then.

He petted Kimba with one hand while talking. "Sorry about that my guild just got disbanded apparently." He closed his menu before motioning them to come along. "Let us get this show on the road."

Ariel looked at him with a doubtful expression: "And what do you have to do with this rock? And more importantly, what rewords does this quest give?" she knew that he had no reason to lie, but this was not the usual kill X monster or find X things she had encountered till now and the blond was having a hard time believing it. All of that didn't matter as he stopped and checked out his inbox, then after he simply sighted and declared that his guild got disbanded. Ariel's eyes widen in surprise and she could restrain herself from asking: "What do you mean disbanded??? Which guild? This is a serious matter, the 'show' can wait for now. " She didn't expect this kind of mild reaction from him, memories started resurfacing as she thought of the time she received the same message a while ago.

Skylar was very careful with what he said next. Ariel seemed like a nice person but he did not want everyone to go around with some martial art skills. He actually wanted to be the only one. Even if he felt like some people knew about it already. "It really only gives you skill points and some Col. The quest is honestly just a large boulder that you have to break with your bare hands."

He turned around to look when she talked about Guilds. "My guild was Twilight Spectrum a new one. The only problem was no one was active so Draterion just disbanded it. It makes me sad since being apart of a guild is like having a second home. It hurts but this is a life or death game and things may not always work out. I would hate to be a solo player but I will try my best for everyone." Being alone was not new for Skylar even in crowds full of people.

Raeyliff went on Floor 2 by accident. He didn't mean to show up here, he meant to show up at Floor 9, but things went wrong when he started to say 'Floor' and another player yelled 'two'. Of course, with the squawk of his phoenix, it did not help the teleportation square to know where to go, and therefore shot both Raeyliff and Ash, his phoenix, up to Floor 2. Ash squawked in anger and flew up in the sky before lighting itself on fire from its anger. Raeyliff sighed before saying to himself. "Well, if you hadn't gone and started squawking we might've been able to head to Floor 9. Well, since I'm here, better see who can I meet and what can I do." he said to himself, before loudly adding. "Our last stop, Ash, I promise. After this we're shooting straight towards Floor 9. Let's go." he said, before his phoenix made a noise and flying high while following the running Raeyliff, who ran out to the edge of town to see two players, Ariel and a new player, talking. He smiled before slowing down to chat. "Hey Ariel! Are you guys planning something or....?" he asked, before looking at the other player. "Hey there. Who are you? My name's Raeyliff. Pleasure to meet you." he said, saying everything in short sentences while trying to catch a bit of his breath from running so far. 

The blond completely ignored the first part that was about the quest reward. She started biting her right index finger in frustration as Skylar mention the name 'Twilight Spectrum', then with a serious and slightly sad tone she voiced her thoughts: "So in the end they got disbanded...such a shame. I knew Draterion...my shop actually has..better said had an agreement with his guild, in order to help out new players like you. I know how you feel right now, I myself was in a guild that was disbanded not long ago, luckily with the recommendation of my guil....former guildmaster, I got accepted in the Azure Brigade." At that time she could hear a familiar voice coming from behind her, turning around she could see Raeyliff, with his fiery companion, greeting them: "Long time no see, how are you guys doing? We don't actually have a plan..just idle chatting but if you guys wanna go hunting I don't mind. I for one can talk and fight pretty easily." she said to the newcomer before turning around to Skylar. "And that's kinda all about guilds..if you want I can put a good word for you to Azide, the leader of Square One... as for my current guild, I can't guarantee nothing since it's the leading front liner guild it has something like a level requirement, idk what to say. Usually players get invited to the Brigade, instead of applying to get in but you can try anyway.

Kimba instantly went at Raeyliff's side, brushing against his legs and extending her paw at the phoenix, in a attempt to catch it. 

One person accident. Two people really. So far Ariel seemed like a really nice lady, and Kimba was a cool cat. Now there was another person that seemed to have a red hawk type creature. Skylar shifted his weight ready to kick Ariel in the face. If they wanted to gang up on him, he would go down fighting. He calmed his voice to not give away the rising panic in his  "That explains why Azure never got back to me. I actually tried to get in, but I guess it was for the best. I think for now I just may go without a guild. I have always been a people person but here the rule seems to be FFA. I really do not think I can depend on any one person. If someone has similar interests then I will work with them. Otherwise I may strike it alone." It was nothing personal. Skylar could easily make friends with people, he just not want to a burden with anyone. Skylar used this time to look at Raeyliff as he introduced himself "My name is Skylar pleased to meet you." Who knows maybe he was actually a pretty nice person too.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Skylar." he said, smiling, before standing up straight. "Hunting? Well, I was planning on going hunting myself, and seeing you guys I thought you were planning to go on a group hunt so I thought of tagging along. Oh, and Ash and I are doing good, thanks for asking. How about you and Kimba?" he asked, as he looked at Kimba trying to catch Ash, who had comfortably landed on Raeyliff's shoulder and, with an amused look, gazed at Kimba, who was trying to get it. As Raeyliff was bending down to pet Kimba, Ash pecked Raeyliff's head before flying to a tree. Raeyliff, rubbing his head, still pet Kimba's head softly before standing back up, all while saying "oww....Ash, you didn't have to do that, you know..." he said. 

"Yeah our guild is the 'invite only' type. I can certainly tell you that you need a two digit level at least to be considered a 'potential candidate'. But hey you can go solo if you want to...just don't adopt the solo player attitude. I mean.. like ignoring people on the streets or being a pain in the ass when they are just trying to help." she said, remembering a couple of persons she meet that fit that description. Turning towards Raeyliff she smiled once she saw that she wasn't the only one having a ....childish? familiar. "Well what can I say we are like always I guess..she does whatever she pleases and I do the apologizing afterwards" she responded as Kimba on the other hand watched the phoenix fly away and sat there, receiving Raeyliff's petting.

Skylar got a look at the duo they seemed like nice people so why should he fret over it. He made a move to go deeper into the cave but could not. "Hey what is this?" His foot seemed to be caught in some type of vine. It started to rapidly grow encasing itself around Skylar's calf. Skylar's eyes followed the vine trail to the cave wall. The vine was coming out of a hole and just kept getting bigger. "Oh it better not be the......." That was all Skylar was able to get out before all hell broke loose. The cave wall shattered making the entire area rumble. The vine that twisted around Skylar lifted him off his feet and hurdled him outside. The monster that came looked exactly like the deadly vine except larger with a gaping orange floor instead of red. It was a deadly flower meaner, stronger, and very deadly.

Skylar was groggy but managed to shout a warning to the others "be careful of the vines they pack a punch and know how to use it."

Mob attack

Deadly Flower

HP: 36

Base Attack: 1

Poison touch: On a LD of 15+ person being attacked gets 1 more damage thanks to poison.

((OOC: Hope this is okay with you guys))

[13423 BD: 3 MD:3 LD:19, but since it never landed an attack it couldn't poison Raeyliff]

[both fail at making any damage]

Raeyliff took a look as Skylar was thrown to the ground outside the cave seconds after entering, and then heard the cave rumble before turning to look at what exactly was the monster that threw Skylar out. He pulled out his battle-axe from the inventory and then said, not looking at Skylar "You alright there?" he asked, as he saw a bunch of vines slowly trying to move and attack them. Raeyliff stood inside the cave for a moment, wondering how were they going to kill it if it had no head, before a vine came shooting his way. He had only secondS to raise his battle-axe just in time to block the vine away, and as he did, the vine soon retreated back to its original position. "Any ideas on how to kill this thing? Or do we just keep slashing the vines themselves?" he asked, looking at Ariel and Skylar. This was the first time he fought a plant monster other that the Shroomhead that he had fought with Azide during the time when he was trying to become an alchemist, so he did not have much experience on how someone could kill it. 

[Deadly Flower: 36/36]

[Raeyliff: 22/22]

[skylar: 17/17]

[Ariel: 42/42]

Ariel notices the mob attacking them...Her instincts kick in as she unsheathed her blade and jumps above the vines making a dash deeper inside the cave. There she would dodge incoming attacks with her vambraces and find the source of the vines. A huge flower???? she knew of the plant-type mobs since she meet the nepent group at the first floor but this was ridiculous. Either way she goes right for it and attacks its main body with a swift and decisive strike as her 'omamori at the end of her sword made a blueish semi arc in the air. "Over here guys..watch and learn!"

ID: 13438 BD: 7(4+3acc)  CD: 5 LD:18 

Deadly Flower: 25/36 HP (-9)

Raeyliff: 22/22 HP

Ariel: 42/42 HP

Skylar: 17/17 HP

((you should change that poison effect to a CD of 6-8 or something like that

((also do we rp as the mob or we let Skylar rp the mob?..just asking.