SP-F3 <<Search for the Hoya>> "Mess with the Bull, get the Hoya"

I decided to take a visit back to the older couple on the third floor. I needed to get some more exploring done and I did not quite get the chance to do much while I was there. I stood on the teleport pad in the starting city. "Third Floor" The pad hummed and blasted me through the world. At times I felt like my body was being stretched across multiple dimensions. I arrived at the village to see a familiar sight. The forests towering around the homes and shops. I walked past the couples shop to find that it was closed. strange I thought to myself. I moved on to the board where the quests were posted.

"Seeking riches? Seeking adventure? Then look no further than the "Search for the Hoya"! You will face daring dangers as you fight your way to the ancient Temple of King Minos. Where a fabulous prize awaits those who conquer the trials. The Hoya of Minos. A valuable ancient artifact that is said to have been worn by King Minos himself! Brave the caves and dangers to claim your prize! But beware, ancient evils also guard the tomb of the king! I accepted the quest knowing full and well I was ready to take on whatever challenges ahead of me

I headed towards the heart of the forest. I could feel the air around me getting tighter and tighter as I approached the small mountains. The sun became nearly blocked out by the thickness of the trees. The sounds of the forest turned from cute birds to scary croaking and shrieking. I felt a sense that I was being watched. As I approached the mouth of the cave I noticed a phrase above it: "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead...the way is shut" What a cheesy ass phrase to put above a cave mouth. Whoever thought of that was crazy.

I stepped into the cave, clearly it had been withstanding the elements for a simulated 100+ years. There were writings on the walls I could not recognize. But the occasional picture arose. Images of battles won and loss. and at the center of each depiction was an amulet. The amulet was gold with an amethyst looking centerpiece. It's radiance seemed to drive people mad at the sight according to the glyphs. I walk deeper and deeper into the cave. A voice began to hum: "Come closer...closer my friend. Join me in the antechamber....

I walked further in. The humming voice grew louder and louder. Suddenly a skeleton bursted out of the wall! It's sword drawn it ran towards me. I reacted as fast as I could. Striking at the skeleton with quick precision.

ID#12404

BD: 4 (+2 ACC) = 6 Hit!

MD: 1

Digitizer struck deep into the skeletons skull. It writhed and shrieked as I twisted it deeper and deeper. The skeleton fell to the ground dead at my feet, damn. It came out of nowhere. I had better be more careful the deeper I go in. No telling how many skeletons you can find in a tomb.

Slowly making my way through the tomb, the voice began to get deeper and darker...."don't let anyone stop you Xanatos. You need to be here. I'm in trouble Xanatos..." I ran towards the the voice, hoping that whoever or whatever was in this tomb was in the end... friendly. Another skeleton warrior pops out of the wall with a shield trying to bash my face in. 

ID#12405

BD:2

MD:8

The skeleton knocked me on my ass pretty hard. The pain was minimal. The skeleton took a step back and prepared to attack again.

Xanatos: 21/22

Skeleton 2/2

The skeleton had deep ruby red eyes. It cackled and snorted as it ran towards me swinging its shield straight at my head. I readied myself for the attack, I'd faced foes much more difficult in my travels and I wasn't about to be bested by something that was already dead. I swiped at it's legs trying to disable it.

ID#12406

BD:3

MD:4

The skeleton jumped over me as I swiped at him. He laughed at me and started to chant some ancient words. I had to silence him before he called more friends to help him.

I slide from side to side trying to confuse the skeleton. I could see the skeletons head struggling to follow my movements as I approached it. I strike fast and hard at the skeletons side. "Take this you waste of memory!"

ID#12407

BD:5

MD: DEAD

My blade strikes straight across right before the chant was finished. I felt a sense of satisfaction as the red faded from the skeletons eyes. The satisfaction of vanquishing evil. The feeling of evil leaving this world in pixels. I have to vanquish evil wherever I find it. Justice must be served and preserved!

I found my way to the antechamber. The voice rang loudly throughout the room. Two Minotaurs statues stood over a stone door. Their eyes glowed bright green in the cave. Torches of green fire lit the chamber. "Yes finally you are here, come free us from our dark masters Xanatos, or be taken into the underworld like those before you! One of the Minotaurs began to move from its pedestal. Stumbling towards me it wielded a greatsword glowing with red energies. I readied myself for a hard battle, this guy was no skeleton.

The Minotaur charged at me, yelling in a language i could not understand for the life of me. I readied myself to dodge its over ambitious attack. "Back to the depths with you!"

ID#12410

BD: 4 (+2 ACC)= 6

DMG: Xanatos=3 Minotaur =4 (-1 DMG MIT)=3

I struck the minotaur as it passed by me.our blades brushing each other, we both felt a sting of pain from the blades scraping our arms. Damn that guy hurts like the dickens, I'm glad I brought some armor at least. He'd be a lot tougher without it.

Xanatos: 18/22

Minotaur 20/23

The Minotaur was not giving up anytime soon. It regained its composure and prepared for another assault on me. I could tell that the evil that controlled him was unbridled and reckless in nature. No match for someone with poise and elegance in battle. I decided to strike at its heart preemptively to catch it off it's dropped guard.

ID#12412

BD: 4 (+2 ACC)=6

My blade struck deep into the hide of the Minotaur. Its roar shook the cavern as It writhed in pain from my painful strike at its chest.

Xanatos 18/22

Minotaur 17/23

I whipped my blade to swipe off the blood of the Minotaur, I couldn't help but be a bit protective of Oikawa's creation. Maybe I'll return to him soon and commission him to craft me a rapier worthy of the highest level players in the game. One that most creatures could never avoid! I lunged at the whimpering Minotaur as he licked his wounds from my last hit.

ID#12413

BD:4 (+2 ACC)=6

The Minotaur did not even put up a fight as I stabbed deep into its side. "I'd hate to see you lose so badly, evil one. I was hoping you would be a challenge!"

Xanatos 18/22

Minotaur 14/23

Feeling the power of valiance in the wake of my success so far, I decided it was time to end this as soon as possible. The treasure was waiting for me on the other side and I have many plans for it! I mocked the Minotaur further as it stumbled about, beaten and bloodied. "Where is your power now dark one? See now that only those who serve the light are the ones who will triumph!" I swipe across the Minotaur's hind legs, looking for a disabling blow.

ID#12414

MD:9 (critical +1)

DMG: Minotaur= 4+1 (-1 DMG MIT)= 4

The minotaur let out a disabling yell that knocked me back into the wall, ouch!

Xanatos 14/22

Minotaur 14/23

Well it seems you have a bit of fight in you after all don't you my friend? I recovered from the blow I suffered and went to strike the Minotaur again, He wont land the same trick on me twice. That's a promise! I swiped at his chest to subdue him again.

ID#

BD: 7

MD: 10 (critical +2)

DMG Xanatos=3 Minotaur= 4 +2 (-1 DMG MIT)=5

The minotaur's eyes glowed as it fired a beam of energy straight into my chest. Damn! That must have been it's strongest attack....maybe it's time to consider a different strategy...I will not die in this tomb!

Xanatos 9/22

Minotaur 11/23

I considered the possibilities here, If he lands another critical on me, I'll have to flee this place while I still can. I can always come back and try again later. I can't do that if I'm dead. I go to strike the Minotaur with all my strength (Uses Concentration Skill +1 BD)

ID#12416

BD:4 (+3)=7

MD 2

The blow lands smoothly into the back of the Minotaur. It's screech echoes in pain as I pull it straight out and ready myself for the next strike. "Not today! I will not be joining the heavens today my foe!"

Xanatos 9/22

Minotaur 8/23

Riposting myself with my footing I prepare a series of strikes that I hope will end this Minotaur once and for all! First the legs, then the chest, then the head. It's as easy as one, two, three. Just stay focused and you will be okay, you are stronger than him.

ID#12417

DMG: Minotaur= 4-1=3

I missed my first strike, It threw me off as the Minotaur countered. Hitting me square in the gut...i felt myself weakening....

Xanatos 6/22

Minotaur 8/23

Damn...this is much more tougher than I expected...maybe I should run now...No...no...one last try..I cannot lose, I refuse to lose to this thing. Evil will never triumph over me ever again! "Have at you, you piece of S#$@#" I lunged straight for his chest.

ID#12418

BD:4 (+2)=6

MD:1

DMG Xanatos= 3

My blade hit its mark quite cleanly, the wound seemed to push the minotaur past it's breaking point. It began to waiver and stumble, as if it had just been drinking wildly at a party. 

Xanatos 6/22

Minotaur 5/23

I feel some strength returning to me, It was time to go all out, do everything I could to kill this thing. I wanted to live! There is so much more to be done! So many people to bring to the light! I will never give up on that quest! "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" I yell as i charge the beast. 

ID#12419

BD: 9 Critical +1!

MD:5

DMG= Xantos 3+1=4

Digitzer glowed as my zealous strike plunged deep into the Minotaurs heart. Piercing deeply into its body. I have nearly won. This beast will fall by my blade! Hail the light and its blessings!

Xanatos 6/22

Minotaur 1/23

The Minotaur collapsed to it's knees. It mumbled something and I couldn't quite make it out. I assume it was some sort of plea to his masters to heal him and smite me down..but even his masters knew he was defeated. "I release you in the name of the light Minotaur, may you finally rest in piece in the heavens." I lunged to put blade straight into its neck

ID#12420

MD:2

My blade stopped at its neck. "Have you anything to say before you die evil, evil one?"

"For so long I guarded the body of our great king. Then a darkness possessed this place and took me into its embrace..it promised me eternity to protect my king...who could resist that? But I did not realize that the darkness would take me so far as to kill innocent explorers and researchers who came into this place...now I pay for my ignorance with my blood being spilled here in this desolate tomb..." "Be free..." I stab straight forward into it's gullet.

ID#12422

BD:7

MD: DEAD

DMG= Xanatos=3 Minotaur=DEAD

The head of the Minotaur fell at my feet. The stone door began to glow and open. The tomb had unsealed!

Xanatos 6/22

Minotaur -2/23