[PP-F1] Exploring the Fields (Warnik, Miriko)

Warnik looked up the blue skies of Floor 1 in Starting City, sitting on a bench unsure of what to do this day. He wondered if he should head on out into the wilds and start getting some materials and col so he could get some better gear. Goodness knows he could've used some, seeing as he only had the iron mace he started with, and the clothes on his back. (A green tunic and beige pants, with some black boots.) The usual spots close by were crawling with other players, so he doubted he could get much with them around.

"Maybe I should go further and find a spot more discrete" he thought. Warnik went out once or twice, and was sure that he'd be able to handle himself. He opened his menu, and tried to see if he could bring the map up to find places to train, or maybe just gather some basic materials. He got so lost in his thoughts, and ideas that he forgot about the world around him as it went along with it's business.

Miriko looked around starting city and sighed. She needed better gear. Players around her have advanced and gotton good supplys while she only has what she had started out with. -I need to fight some boars- Miriko got lost I her thoughts. Suddenly out of the corner of her eye she saw a player in a similar situation to her. He was sitting on a bench looking at his inventory and menu. -I wonder if we can train together?- Miriko thought. She walked slowly towards the player. "excuse me, can we possibly train together?" Miriko asked. "I need to train so I can get better items and you look like you are In a similar situation." Miriko gestured to the player. "By the way, my name is Miriko."

Warnik looked to his map and figured that he would make his way to the north most field, and see if there were any boars or monsters up there. A clearing looked especially promising, but he'd never been there before. Warnik took a moment and scratched his chin as he pondered ways the he'd travel. Going alone would be pretty tough, but he didn't like the idea of asking someone to travel with him. He was never one to initiate conversation. Coincidentally, just as he thought this Warnik heard a voice, and looked up to see a female player standing in front of him. He blinked a few times, bewildered. Warnik briefly wondered if there was some sort of entity who got into everyone's minds and offered an easy way for those who wanted them.

"Talk about, coincidences." Warnik said out loud. The girl was right about them being in the same situation, so he nodded in agreement. She was straight to business as well, with the introduction. He liked that. Warnik waved the girl known as Miriko over to him, motioning her to sit down. He moved over, and sat on the far side of the bench.

"I'm Warnik. I was thinking about heading to the north." He paused and pointed to the field in question, and the pathways leading up towards it on the map. "It's a bit of a walk, but I think we can get a good training ground here."

Miriko smiled at Warnik as she sat down. He showed her where on the map they should train. "I agree. Not many players make their way up north so I think it would be quiet and be easier to train." Miriko looked at the players walking around starting city. There were players sitting outside a small Inn nearby or some were walking the streets, enjoying themselves. "Some players just want to relax in the safety of Starting City but I want to get stronger." Miriko looked at Warnik. "What brings you to SAO by the way? I came here to escape the real world." Miriko grinned.

Warnik nodded again when Miriko that most players didn't go to the north to train. He was glad to have that confirmation, and to get a second opinion on his idea. He was worried that it wouldn't work and that he would find his way into a difficult spot if something went wrong. Warnik still looked towards his map, and wasn't really paying much attention to the players around him, that is until Miriko mentioned them.

"I'm not really concerned with what others are doing." He said nonchalantly. He didn't intend to sound cold, but when the words left his lips he couldn't help but feel that his words sounded so. He shook his head and tapped a few more buttons on his menu, trying to play off what he said. Miriko seemed to have the same idea as he had about getting stronger though, and when he noticed the people relaxing around them he couldn't help but peg them as a little bit lazy. When she continued talking, Miriko had asked what brought Warnik to this game after telling him what she was doing here with a smile.

"It wasn't to escape reality, I can tell you that much." he said turning towards Miriko and closing his menu. "Long story, short. It was an accident."

Miriko silently gasped at Warnik's words but shrugged them off. Warnik answered Miriko's answer to which Miriko replied. "An accident?, How interesting. I have asked many people why have they came to SAO but I have never heard that," Miriko mumbled. Miriko stood up and held out a hand to help Warnik up. "We should get a move on or we wont get there." Miriko smiled. "Its sunny today and I'm sure that it won't rain. Its the perfect day for traveling."

Warnik felt like this girl was a little bit too bubbly, and friendly with her personality. He looked at Miriko's hand with a little bit of unease. He listened to her mumble about his accident, but he didn't want to elaborate or explain that just yet. He just met her after all.  

"Right." Warnik replied as he took the girl's hand and pulled himself up off the bench. He began walking towards the north entrance, and motioned Miriko to follow him. "Let's get going."

"So..." he started, trying to get the girl's attention as they walked. Warnik was beginning to feel awkward due to the idea of travelling with Miriko. He didn't know how to interact with most people, so he was at a loss for what to do in this situation. The silence was a bit unnerving, so he'd try to strike up a conversation. "How's SAO been for you so far?" Warnik asked, feeling that question was good enough to talk about without them getting too personal.

Miriko followed Warnik through the North Entrance. Miriko walked beside Warnik as they headed north. She heard him trying to start a conversation. "Yeah It has been good I guess. I have met a few amazing players. I really like meeting new players in SAO because I barely had the strength to in the real world." Miriko spoke looking up at the sky. It was blue and a few white clouds drifted in it. She frowned as she remembered a few memories but shrugged them off. Its in the past. Miriko looked at Warnik.

Warnik listened to Miriko speak about meeting a few players in game, and how she liked meeting others because of SAO. He didn't share the same enthusiasm for meeting others, preferring to keep people at a certain distance and to make sure no one gets too close. Warnik was about to mention that, before Miriko finished her own sentence, causing the male to look back at her.

"Barely had the strength to do so in the real world...?" Warnik asked as they continued walking on the pathways to their destination. He wondered what the implication of that was. He knew better than to ask someone about their personal lives on a video game, but she piqued his interest. "Were you sick or something?"

Miriko nodded "I had a car crash a few years ago. I was the only one that survived. All my family members had died. Ever since then I had depression, panic attacks and I was bullied at school. I barely wanted to get out of bed. When SAO was released, my foster parents brought it for me. When I came here, my depression and panic attacks had stopped. So when ever I meet someone new, I make the most out of it." Miriko looked at her feet and kept walking. Letting her words sink in.

Warnik stopped walking for a moment, and looked at Miriko to process what he had just heard. "Sorry." Warnik apologized to Miriko. This was one of the reasons why he always kept to himself, and didn't talk to anyone. He was always fearful, and cautious about social interactions, because he was afraid he'd say something wrong or say something to offend another person. Though, in this case he was more concerned rather than nervous.

"That's rough. I think that would've broken anyone else, but here you are pushing through this death game." Warnik said, trying to cheer her up. He had to admit was impressed with the girl's resolve. For someone that suffered from depression earlier, Miriko seemed like a really happy person in SAO. He continued on walking through the grassy fields and dirt roads, after he spoke.

Miriko heard Warnik apologize. "No no its not your fault. I was willing to share." Miriko said quickly. She didn't want anyone to feel like like its their fault for something she said. Warnik continued talking which made Miriko smile. "I get through it. Life is just a big challenge with bumps along the way. SAO is a smooth patch for me. I don't see it as a death trap. Its just like life but a lot easier." Miriko spoke. She continued walking over the dense fields. "I do miss a couple of things from the real world like my bed or the cafe that I worked at but other than that I don't want to leave SAO. I'm scared that if I leave I will go back to my old self and I don't want that."

Warnik nodded towards the girl as she stuttered, saying that it wasn't his fault. He couldn't help but feel that she was sharing too much information about her personal life outside of SAO, but that in turn was making her seem like a real genuine and honest person, someone that he could trust. Just as Miriko mentioned bumps along the way, the pathways towards the northern training area had gotten more hilly, and steep. He groaned a little bit, since the map didn't account for elevation in it's data.

"SAO is a nice escape from reality." He said as he began his ascent. He thought about it for a moment, but figured that since Miriko was being so open with him that, he'd tell her a little bit about his life. "I have to admit, I miss my little apartment, and my simple little job as a garbage collector."

"I don't think my life was as exciting, before I came here. It wasn't luxurious, or anything but it was nice and simple, you know?" Warnik replied. As he got to the top of the first hill, and looked downwards to her, Warnik offered Miriko his hand in case she needed some help up.

Miriko sighed as the paths became more hillier. I thought this was suppose to be flat like most of the fields. Miriko heard Warnik talk a little bit about himself. "Yeah I like nice and simple. You have no trouble with nice and simple. My foster parents are rich so they sent me to a private academy. I just wanted to go to a public school." Miriko spoke. She looked up to see Warnik holding out his hand to help her up to the top of the hill. Miriko gladly took Warniks hand and pulled herself up. She stood on top of the hill and looked down. To her dismay, there were many more hills to climb. "I hate hills." Miriko frowned and continued walking.

"Public school, private school... they're both schools to me." He softly grunted as he continued his ascent with Miriko, grabbing her hand. She was pretty light, and he didn't have much trouble pulling her up. When he turned around, he noticed that they would need to do a lot more climbing and hiking before they'd reach their destination. He noticed Miriko frown as she said she hated hills. "Come on, it's probably not that much further." he said, giving her a little pat on the shoulder to reassure her.

"I went to public school, myself." he said bringing up the topic again, as the two continued walking. "My mum was offered a teaching job in Japan, and I went along with her. It was for her to teach people English, mostly." Warnik shrugged. He didn't really know why he was telling Miriko this, but it helped pass the time and made this trip seem less troublesome.

Nodded as Warnik reassured her about the climbing. "Yeah I guess."  Miriko mumbled and sighed. Warnik continued talking. "I only wanted to go to a public school to fit in more, However the education at the private academy was very good and I learned a lot." Miriko smiled. "I wasn't the smartest but I wasn't the dumbest either. I guess I was just neutral." Miriko slowly waked down the hill. The sun was still its bright and golden self. 

Warnik listened to Miriko intently. He could relate to what she said about not being the smartest person in the world. "I've only ever gotten mediocre scores in my tests and schooling, too." He replied, admitting that he wasn't very good with his academics either. Warnik was starting to struggle with his words, since he wasn't one to talk. The thing she said about wanting to fit in wasn't something he sought after himself. He didn't really care what others thought of him since their thoughts and opinions don't really matter in the end of all things. He decided to keep quiet during the ascent for the most part.

He was glad for the pleasant weather and breeze that was rolling through these plains. He noticed that they had gotten to the top of the last hill they were climbing, and let out a tired sigh. Warnik opened his menu to double check pathway and the area they were in, making sure they were going the right way. 

"Yeah, we're almost there." He said back to Miriko, closing the menu. Once they've gotten to the top of the hill, Warnik spotted a couple of boars in the distance. They weren't quite to their destination, but he figured a little warm up wouldn't hurt.

"Want to try taking a few of these things on?" He asked. Warnik gripped the mace that hung on his belt in preparation for the battle that would ensue if she agreed.

Miriko nodded as Warnik talked about his schooling. When they reached the top of the last hill, Miriko smiled. It was all flat for the rest of the trip. Warnik pointed towards a boar near them and suggested a warm up. "Sure, I needed a bit of combat." Miriko pulled out her sword and walked towards the boar. The boar must have heard her because it lifted its head and ran towards her. Miriko quickly sliced the boar doing damage, However, The boar turned around and hit her, barely grazing her arm. Miriko motioned for Warnik to attack. "Take it down Warnik."

[13489] BD 10 HIT MB 8 HIT

~Miriko~

12/13 -1

~Warnik~

11/11

~Frenzy Boar~

3/6 -3

Warnik was surprised when Miriko attacked the boar so readily with her sword, and even more so with the strong attack she managed to land. Her sword practically cleaved through it like butter, as the boar's HP dropped down to half. When Miriko gave the order, Warnik unstrapped his weapon from his belt, and started charging towards the boar. When he approached the beast, Warnik quickly brought his mace downwards onto it's head with a satisfying crack. It was only a light hit, but it caused the boar to become disorientated, and stumble around.

"It's almost down." Warnik said as he looked towards Miriko and backed away from the boar.  He kept his mace held high, and prepared to defend against any attacks but it was pretty obvious that this boar wouldn't last much longer.

ID: 13518
BD: 6

~Miriko~

12/13

~Warnik~

11/11

~Frenzy Boar~

2/6 -1

Miriko watched intently as Warnik attacked the boar. At least he knows how to fight. Warnik hit the boar doing a little damage. Miriko sighed and ran towards the boar and quickly sliced its side. The boar fell to the ground and dissolved into pixels. "That was fun." Miriko smiled. "Last time I fought a boar, I swear it took forever." Miriko grinned. Miriko glanced at Warnik. "Should we keep going?"

[13594] BD 10 HIT

~Miriko~

12/13

~Warnik~

11/11

~Frenzy Boar~

0/6 -3