[PP-F3] Run in With a Valentine. ~Piers & Clarence.

The wind rustled through the fields and Clarence shivered a bit, this being his second floor out of this game so far. He hadn't checked the most recent floor to our game, Floor 10, something that sound great but also depressing how far behind we are in floors. Today, lets actually do something great today. Hmmm, I could grind.. No just did a quest... Piers! I could talk to him! Clarence smiled lightly to himself as he popped open his HUD screen and typed up the following message.

"Hey Piers, A.K.A Vincent, A.K.A Valentine. I was wondering

if you wanted to hang out today on Floor 3? We haven't seen each for a while and I wanted to

Get to know my new friend :).

Here is where I am at

Clarence quickly sent his map data to Vincent.

"P.S, wear something casual, we will be in a field for a while."

Clarence smiles quietly to himself as he sits in the field and lays back, the flowers brushing against as he smiled and closed his eyes a little.

Piers was on a bed in an inn, laying with his head hanging off the side of the bed. He crossed his eyes and when the butler got bored of doing that, then he'd count the squares on the ceiling. When Piers got a message he jumped and sat upwards quickly to check what it was for. The corners of his mouth twitched involuntarily as he read it, pleased with the overall message and sender. 

I'll be there. Anything for you, Valentine.

Forgetting all formal letter formatting, Piers wrote quickly and flipped out of bed. He flipped his bangs from his eyes and raised an eyebrow upon reading the message from Clarence once more. Casual attire? It'd been a while since he'd worn that. Piers walked back and forth before deciding on something that would make him feel normal yet work. Possibly. The butler took off his jacket, tie, belt, and glasses but kept everything else. They were usually a bother anyways. He glanced down to his gloved hand, opening and closing it, before closing his inventory and keeping the item equipped. Not even his sword or holster could be found now and around other players Piers appeared to had never played the game before. He traveled to a teleporter and made his way to Floor 3.

Reaching the coordinates was a simple job, and Piers arrived there in no time. Grass crunched under his dress shoes, that is, until the butler froze and peered down at his friend. 

"Long time, no see Clarence. How has my valentine been? I feel awful for not making contact with you for such a long time. I'm glad you decided to remember me today, not that I've forgotten someone like you, I've just been..."

Piers paused and sighed.

"wallowing in my nostalgia."

Clarence blushed lightly when he saw the message return back to him. He still calls me Valentine... he is great Clarence sighs and closes his eyes fully, not meaning to sleep. But ho well, the field is very soft and warm, so he slept peacefully.

Clarence woke up with a jolt as he heard someone talking to him and he recognized the voice.

"Vincent!" Clarence says happily as he gets up form the field, brushing some plants off. Clarence couldn't help but notice him and gave a satisfied smile as he gave Vincent a look over, the man looking very casual but some how so great at the same time.

Clarence was wearing a white button up shirt and a under sleeveless shirt. The shirt us tucked in haphazardly as was roughly jabbed in. He wore comfortable black pants that look very casual, he also wore plain black shoes.

Clarence gave Vincent a big hug and then pulled away. "Well hopefully you can walk with me and not nostalgia today!" Clarence smiled happily and looked up at the slightly taller man.

• 2 weeks later...

Piers chuckled when Clarence used a word like "nostalgia". It just didn't seem to suit the male, but Piers stared at Clarence with emerald eyes and sharp-toothed smile. The butler reached out to pat Clarence on his right shoulder, then pulled away, to shove both hands in the pockets of his pants. 

"I'd love to walk with you. Lead the way."

He motioned for Clarence to begin walking. As the younger male moved, Piers would stay close to his side the whole time, footsteps in sync. Piers flipped his raven hair to the side, bangs falling to the left and out of his eyes. It wouldn't take much for the strands to move back, but for the time being, they remained on the side of Piers' forehead. 

"So what about you, what have you been up to? I want to apologize again for not being there as a friend when I should have. Things, though they don't seem like it, have been hectic. I hope you've been as happy as you seem."

Upon apologizing and speaking about his time, the butler was tempted to frown, but kept a straight face. His eyes clearly expressed a feeling of sorrow. Piers wasn't up to making Clarence feel down so he pretended to be neutral. 

Clarence looked at him and smiled, but saw the sorrow in his eyes. Clarence got an idea and stepped in front of Piers. "Come on Valentine, today was not the day make you feel depressed and sad. Today is a great day! So smile, and I'll help you keep it." Clarence smiled and gave Vincent a long hug, smiling and laying his head next to Piers. "It kills me to see you sad." Clarence whispered before pulling away and and taking Vincent's arm and walking under a tree, brushing some branches away from his face.

"And don't apologize for being away, we all have stuff to do. Seeing a great person is something to look forward to." Clarence smiles again and lays his head against Vincent's shoulder.

Clarence takes his other arm and tries to adjust the tucked in part of his hsirt but, with walking and all, makes it worse and skin is showing around his waist and his shirt is a mess. "Jesus shirt, listen to me for one day." Clarence sighed and just left i alone, his shirt messed up and showing skin and a painted on look of blush all over his face. "Sorry, clothes don't agree with me."

Following Clarence, Piers nodded when the other male encouraged him to cheer up. This lifted Piers' spirits a little, and even made the butler forget about everything left behind, what he had been sulking about in the first place. He nodded towards Clarence, grateful the boy cared about his feelings. When Clarence hugged him, Piers wrapped his arms around the other, and even closed his eyes contently while it lasted. 

"I suppose you're right."

The butler noticed Clarence's struggle and smirked, thinking of a plan that hopefully would make Clarence blush more. He simply loved when people reacted to his own behavior. Piers got on his knees, shaking his head, a smirk still on his face. Piers scooted in front of the younger male and pulled his shirt out, smoothing the wrinkled cloth.

"I've done this many times before. Let me handle it."

Taking the hem of Clarence's pants, Piers barely pulled on the bottoms, and took his time with tucking in the shirt neatly all the way around. After the shirt was tucked in, Piers stood up, and pulled out the shirt just a few inches so it was still tucked in but comfortable to walk around in. He even went a few extra steps and fixed Clarence's wrinkles, and straightened out his shirt, so it almost appeared to be brand new.

"Feel better? You surely look better. Even though a little skin wasn't so bad...'

Piers muttered the last sentence under his breath after looking Clarence up and down.

"Try and keep it that way."

The butler then took a seat under the tree and patted the spot next to him, feeling rather weak, or just lazy, wanting his companion to rest with him.

"I'm glad I am right, would be weird if I wasn't" Clarence muttered and smiled.

What happened next, really surprised Clarence and made him a slight mess. Vincent got on his knees, which Clarence thought those roles might be reversed soon, and grabbed at his shirt and pants. Clarence, stunned and pale white, tried to say something but nothing came out. Vincent pulled out his shirt and start to tuck it in and he pulled at his pants a bit to help tuck it in.

Holy hell, this is happening, What the heck Vincent! Why must you tease me and make me a blubbering mess! Clarence's thoughts rushed around and he just stood there as Vincent fixed his shirt and made it all nice and great for him to wear and walk in.

"T-... thank you Valentine." Clarence, with a stunned smile, blushed so bright and looked down at his shirt, smiling brightly. Clarence couldn't catch the last part of Vincent's comment, but all he heard was Skin witch made Clarence blush even harder, if that is possible.

Clarence followed Vincent after a second of standing there and sat next to Vincent, laying his head against Vincent's shoulder. "I know friends don't usually do stuff like this but oh well." Clarence smiles and looks up at Vincent. "You didn't have to fix my shirt. But thank you again." Clarence smiles.

"Of course I had to fix your shirt, it was a mess."

Piers joked and raised an eyebrow at Clarence's comment about what friends did.

"Yes, well, you're not wrong. With the very few friends I've had we've never done anything like this but it surely is pleasant. Wouldn't you agree? Perhaps we're just close friends. Close enough to come into contact without caring."

The butler put an arm around Clarence, letting his "friend" rest his head on his shoulder. Piers didn't mind, and actually enjoyed the gesture. He lifted his head to look at the horizon. Not much was going on outside of him and Clarence.

"Your face... I've never seen it so red. Or anybody's. I like the blush on you. I'll make sure to perform more actions that cause it. Just being friendly, of course, nothing more."

"O-okay." Clarence blushed lightly and he hid his face in Vincent's chest, smiling. "Just being friendly..." Clarence mumbled and slight depression was faded into his words but quickly wiped it away, smiling at Vincent. "Hey, maybe I could re pay the favors, I mean, just being friendly and all." Clarence winked and smile, laying against Vincent again and being close, the horizon drifting slowly down, the perfect picture for the pair. 

"I like being with you Vincent, and I mean that." Clarence said lightly, no immense emotion to it, no sad heart break voice, just normal and something that Clarence thought for a while. I wonder if we will ever be closer than friends, but that is up to him to actually ask, wouldn't want to impose something he wouldn't want. Clarence felt a arm wrap around him and Clarence sighed happily, looking out into the horizon.

"If I may ask, what did have you in such a bad mood? Just curious." Clarence looked to Vincent with a curious look and a happy face.

Piers hummed when Clarence winked at him. Of course, just friendly gestures. Though Piers knew they were much more than that. He liked Clarence, and Clarence liked him. But why get in a relationship now? No, no that'd be boring. Leading each other on and getting to know one another, now that was great in Piers' opinion.

"I feel the same way, all the time."

The butler had to admit Clarence was on his mind a lot, which was true, and wanted the younger male to know that with the more than obvious hints he gave. Piers kept a plain expression on his face but was smiling happily on the inside. Being around Clarence gave him a weird feelings that Piers was at war with, but also loved. Strange and foreign to him.

"I-I..."

Piers stuttered and looked away, embarrassed at his pathetic behavior, but couldn't help it.

"miss my boss, my master. I miss everyone I work with back at home. I guess to make it simple I could just say I'm homesick but it feels much worse than that. Like someone is constantly clawing away at my heart. It hurts to be honest, to feel this way. I'm not one to be weak or seek empathy, or even miss other people since usually they're rather annoying, but now I want my "family" more than ever."

Clarence was surprised by this sudden out burst. He is...home sick? Oh god, how do I help him feel better... Clarence trailed through anything he could think of that would help him. The stutter he had, did make Clarence smile lightly, he liked when Vincent blushed. "Home sick... I'm sorry. I don't really have much of a home to feel 'Home Sick' about." Clarence smiled sadly and cuddled into Vincent more, placing his hand around his side, kind of side ways hugging Vincent but not quite. "I'm here for you if you need me. remember that. Any time, any where. I'll coming running." Clarence smiled and blushed lightly, but just happy to get that out in the open.

Clarence could feel the shirt starting to ride up slightly but Clarence didn't care, all he really thought about in that moment was Vincent.

So what happened next didn't really surprised Clarence that much. Clarence liked just laying in the lap of guys and just talking to them, it felt comfortable and nice. So, Clarence shifted him self and laid his head on top of Vincent's right leg and looked up at him and smiled. "Hey." Is all Clarence said.

Piers appreciated Clarence's obvious attempt to make him feel better. Even though it didn't work Piers acted like it did, just because the butler felt like it was the right thing to do. Although having someone there for him, at any time, now that wasn't so bad.

"I never share my feelings with anybody. Consider yourself special."

The butler let Clarence move onto his lap, and put the arm that had been wrapped around the younger male, on Clarence's chest. He smiled slightly at the action, finding Clarence could easily get what he wanted, without trying too hard.

"You're quite the manipulator, valentine. I see now why I felt so attracted to you when we met. I bet you could make anybody do anything you want."

Piers chuckled and smirked, shaking his head, before losing the smile. He tilted his head and decided to ask his companion a question.

"If you don't mind me asking; What did you mean about not having much of a home?"

"Thank you. I try to be Special to great people." Clarence smiles and sighs happily, today being turned into a great day.

Clarence smiled more and didn't think he could stop smiling as he watched the horizon with a very attractive man. "Thank you I guess? I don't try to be manipulative... I guess it just happens." Clarence shrugs, which is difficult because he is laying in Vincent's lap, but he manages. "I guess I haven't really paid enough attention to most guys to really try." That was a slight flirting remark, but he just smiled.

"You should laugh more, it makes you look really happy. Also smile, I like it." Clarence blushes and he cuddles into Vincent more.

"My home? Oh... I'm an orphan. Parents died in a fire when I was young, and no foster family would take me in because I couldn't really grow attached to them and I would just not be the best person. I lived at an orphanage and a couple Foster homes. Met some really nice guys, but never felt really at home.." Clarence trailed off and a saddening look faded over his face.

Piers frowned at Clarence's comments but accepted them. More happy? He wondered if he always appeared sad or just plain to the eyes of others. That was something Piers began to think away but swiped away for now to instead ponder on it later.

"Never think you're not allowed to talk to other men, but, I do enjoy the fact that I can keep your attention even when we're apart. I'll be sure to smile more when I'm around you, though the action is involuntary when I'm around you. You're just that kind of person."

The butler blinked as his bangs fell into his eyes again, something he was trying to prevent, but ignored the strands of hair for now. He gazed into Clarence's eyes and lifted a hand to squish one of the boy's cheeks. One hand still remained on Clarence's chest, and when Piers was done entertaining himself, he began messing with Clarence's own hair, still leaning forward a bit.

"You sound just like my young master. Similar stories, similar fates, though he does differ from you quite a bit. Why couldn't I have saved you instead? That'd be much more... interesting considering how I feel about you. All of those people were fools not to keep you. I'd make sure you felt at home all the time, even now I'll try, now I know that you need a proper place to call home."

Piers' voice was hardly a whisper. He wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying, letting words roll of his tongue, without thinking them clearly through at first. The butler made sure not to hurt Clarence while playing with the younger male's hair, because his nails had become sharper than usual with all the time he'd spent in the game, and gently caressed Clarence's scalp. It was an addicting action to Piers.

Slight tears formed at the edges of Clarence's eyes and all he could do was smile some. "Thank you Vincent..... That is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me in a long time." Clarence blinked away his tears and one rolled down his cheek.

"I wish we met outside this game.... Would of been a lot better way to spend my time, well the little time I had in that world it seems." Clarence closed his eyes and laid in Vincent's lap, feeling his hands mess with my hair, something Clarence very much liked. "I'm glad you are going to smile more, happy to know that I can influence you some what. That way I know for sure you really do care about what I say, not that I had doubt before." Clarence smiled and he opened his eyes.

Love and Joy were painted over his Purple eyes as he took a hand from his side and brushed the hair from Vincent's face and stared at his emerald eyes, piercing but gentle, both at the same time.

"I'm glad I was with all those fools..... they are the reason I was led to you." Clarence smiles more and moves closer to Vincent, his head against Vincent's chest.

"God, you are really great to cuddle you know that?" Clarence laughed lightly and sighed.

Reacting quickly, Piers rubbed Clarence's tear away. He hadn't meant everything he'd said but was glad to know it made Clarence feel better, or at least affected him. Piers still didn't fully understand why he even loved Clarence so much in the first place. considering he was like most others, but Piers wasn't going to deny that he was indeed attracted to the boy in his lap. And he didn't care if his mood and personality changed around Clarence either because it was enlightening.

"Don't go crying on me. I don't like seeing any kind of tears on you. It doesn't seem right, since you're always so happy. Even if they aren't tears of sadness."

The butler leaned forward as Clarence brushed his hair to the side, enjoying the gesture. Piers held Clarence around his waist, almost like a child, but it certainly didn't feel that way. It was much more affectionate and serious.

"Yes, yes I knew. Its feels good to hear that coming from you than others though. Especially since you're quite the cuddle-er yourself. You like to get close to people like this, don't you?"

He squeezed Clarence but no too tightly before loosening his grip, not wanting to stop hugging the boy that way, but not wanting to hurt him either.

"...Say Clarence... I just wanted to let you know I never act this way around anyone else. If I were to be with you, and others, would you still tolerate my behavior? I'm not the affectionate person I am around you all the time. It just so happens you cause me to act that way."

"I could always tolerate your behavior Vincent, I really care about you and that is all to it, just blind faith and caring." Clarence smiled. "Also I don't really cry much, just don't usually open up to people. You are one of the few. Consider yourself special. Because you are truly special." Clarence smiled brighter and got up form Vincent's lap and sat next to him and his face was very close to Vincent's face.

"You act how you do act. I could never stop feeling the way i do about you. Never." Clarence leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek, blushing lightly and laying his head on Vincent's shoulder.

"It would suck if you didn't like to cuddle, it would be slightly awkward. Considering with guys I like I am pretty much all over them from the start, pretty sure you can tell that by now." Clarence looked at Vincent again and wrapped an arm around him and getting all up and personal with Vincent.

"Vincent I have a confession to make. I didn't bring you all the way out here to become friends..... I wanted to get a bit closer to you if that is all possible... I hope you understand where I'm going with this because for some reason I'm so nervous to ask you because if I do and you say something bad I feel I would lose it." Clarence got really embarrassed, nervous, and scared. That sudden out burst was not intentional but it happened anyways.

Clarence's eyes begin to tear up, something he doesn't usually do and hates that it'is happening again for the second time today. Clarence willed them back as best he could. Stop! You will just freak him out more!!

"I'm glad you feel the same way, Clarence. My apologies for doubting you."

Piers enjoyed the way Clarence interacted with him far more than he let off. His expression remained the same, nonchalant, cold front he always had on though his emerald eyes seemed to always change when around the boy. Change in a good way, of course.

"I could tell, definitely. And I assumed those were your intentions from the very start. It is possible, Clarence, but there are some things you just aren't ready to know about me and I want you to know that... On another note, you shouldn't feel nervous about a thing when with me. I want to make you as comfortable as possible when in my presence."

The butler frowned when Clarence began tearing up. He wasn't too good with feelings or anything of the sort and disliked when someone he cared about, especially Clarence, cried. Piers pulled Clarence close to him and, if he wanted to, would let the boy cry into his shirt. As long as Clarence would feel better then Piers didn't mind jumping from his comfort zone. Piers rubbed Clarence's back gently and kissed the top of his head.

"God... I'm such a blubbering fool. I'm sorry Vincent, I don't know what is happening to me today." Clarence sighed and hugged Vincent back, smiling as Vincent kissed the top of his head.

"God, I really am that obvious? I really need to keep my emotions under control." Clarence smiled brightly and pulled away from the hug. Looking at Vincent with curious Purple eyes. Clarence obviously knew there were things about Vincent that he didn't know yet, but he didn't know what, and the way Vincent was being all secretive with the information, it made Clarence want to know even more, but he kept his cool.

"You can tell me what ever it is that you would like me to know on your own time. Everyone makes horrible mistakes or bad judgments. Me included. But that doesn't make you a bad person. I have no idea why I'm going off on this like tangent but just trying to say. What ever happened or you did, it wont change how I feel about you." Clarence smiled and kissed Vincent on the cheek, not sure if he would even want to kiss on the lips at all.

"Nothing's happening to you today that I don't enjoy."

Piers was pleased that his kiss made Clarence smile. It made his heart race even faster, much to his displeasure, for now known reasons. At first it wasn't clear to the butler that he had fallen for Clarence but now it was.

"Oh? So you assume my past is bad? Clarence how you hurt me~"

The butler put a hand on his forehead and exclaimed the sentences in an over-dramatic fashion. Afterwards he laughed and shook his head, poking one of Clarence's cheeks with a sharp, black fingernail.

"I'm only kidding. Thank you for being so accepting of me, it really makes a difference believe it or not."

Piers quickly grabbed a hold of Clarence's face, as soon as the boy began pulling away from his second kiss, and touched his forehead against Clarence's.

"Do you want something more? Don't be so shy..."

The butler took a piece of Clarence's hair and twirled it idly, the other hand wrapped around the boy. He smirked before leaning in closer for a kiss. It was only a quick peck and Piers pulled away very slowly.

"Just being a good friend, since I know what you want, that's all."