[OP-F1] And so it begins...

LINK START!

Szuriex blinked his eyes to clear the flare from the bright white initiation screen. As his vision refocused he took in the sight around him. He finds himself in a large courtyard with a clock bell tower in the direct center. According to the clock it was currently about 7.a.m. server time, "This explains why its so empty here...well that or everyone is already ahead of me..." Szuriex thought with a frown. He brushed his middling length brown hair out of his eyes and set off to find another player...

He set off in the direction of what appeared to be a central market, to see what he could find...

After traveling back from Armadillo Village, I came back to Starter City, the city where the low level players dwell. I, myself are one of the following, but I'm trying to move myself out of this place. "I need follow up with the Aincrad's greatest players." I said, as I walk along the cobblestone path. I spot a player who seem to be fairly new, and seems lost. I went over to the player and wrapped my arm around his neck, "What's with the sad face? This game is the world of opportunity." I stated, as I continue to follow the random player.

Axios was doing what he usually did when he couldn't focus on anything. He was wandering around... Of course, this wasn't too early in the morning for him, but he couldn't focus on creating his plan's for the day. He's been planning to leave Starting City for a long while, but he could never seem to get around to it. He heard tons of stories (that would later fall onto deaf ears) from those who have returned, but a lot of them weren't so happy. I need to get out there... I wonder what is out there... What was some advice that they decided I should take? That's when he saw two players, one seeming to go up and ask the other a question. Naturally, he did whatever any person would do. He followed, the conversation piquing his interest. He started heading in their direction, only staying barely close enough to hear them. It's not that often people are out here so early other than me... I've only seen... Uh... Nevermind that... Maybe they got some stories they could share or something about the fields outside.

I immediately brightened as I heard someone address me directly. Turning, while thinking to myself that this game must have NPC's who address the players in order to initiate quests, I was suprised to see that instead of an NPC, I was staring at the tell tale signs of another player. This was in part due to the HP bar and name plate hovering over his character. "Not so sad anymore, friend!", I said confidently. "I was merely wondering if I was the only noobie in this city left!" So this world isn't so sparse after all. "My name is Szuriex, if you hadn't gathered that already! Who's your friend, Noctis?" I gestured at the player lingering slightly behind the newcomer, who was standing awkwardly a few yards away.

The brisk morning sun had hit Zeri's face. As he started to wake up from his usual napping spot, he said something in a childlike manner while rubbing his eyes, "Does it have to be morning already..." As he started to walk around, he noticed that it wasn't as noisy as it would usually be, but Zeri didn't mind at all.

As he continued to walk through town, he faintly he the said of a bell ringing. Curious, he made his way towards the sound for no real reason. As he got closer to the clock, he noticed two players standing by the clock. As they started to move away from the clock, Zeri had wanted to follow them. As he approached them, he wondered what was they thinking about and went towards them to ask that. But when he got to them all thoughts of that had escaped his mind and he said, "Is there any reason why we're standing in the middle of town?"

"Another friend of your's Noctis?" I said with a laugh. "Damn man! You're really popular around here!"

What luck, I hadnt even been logged on for more than an hour and had already met three other players.

"Not in particular, new guy. I onky spawned in about an hour ago. Just haven't made it too far and I showed up here. I have no idea where else to go."

Man at this rate I'll be going up fast...

As we continued to walk, Szuriex greeted himself, and I stopped our walk. I gave him a smile with a handshake as well, "It's very nice to meet you, Szuriex." then he gestured over to a player following behind us, and I turn back to him with a confused expression. "Uhm.. Excuse me? Who are you?" I asked the player following the two of us. I gave the "stalker" a confused look and gave my hand to him, "Introduce yourself." I said, as I await for the player to respond. Then another player arrived, and Szuriex continues to joke around. I wrap my arm around his neck once more, "Erm.. The another guy.. I've seen him somewhere.. He's kind of weird. The last time I met him, he was just staring at me, awkwardly." I said, as I back up bit.

Uh... "Sorry... for that... Uh...", Axios began to stammer...  "It's just that... I... Don't remember..." Axios took a breath, and started holding his head trying to regain his thoughts when he finally remembered. "Oh, now I do. I was wondering if any of you ever adventured outside... I really need advice on how to survive out there", he finished when he heard a few mumbles about someone being weird. More importantly a him. Hey... I'm a him... Axios started walking towards the pair at a faster pace. While speed-walking towards the two, he starts swinging around his arms and says, "I've never seen you in my life! And you have the nerve to call me weird?!" Axios started to raise his voice just a bit after a few or so words.

I place my hands in front of the player, and gave him a confused look. "I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about him." I said, as I point to the other player beside him. I retract my hand, and place my hand on the hilt of my sword. The player in front of Szu and I was just asking about the fields outside the city gates, and I greeted him with a smile. "The outside of these walls aren't so bad once you have players accompany you. The monsters are quite tough at low levels, but you'll get use to it." I said, as I let go of Szu.

"Me? I'm not a stalker I swear! ...Wait...I didn't introduced myself!? Man...I really need to remember to do that" Zeri had embarrassely said but then remembered something and said, "Hey, what about you! You didn't introduced yourself to me!" Then he thought for a moment and then said, "I don't recall meeting you before at all."

Then he noticed another player had, who called himself Axois, approached them and wondered if he was talking to him. Then the player had pointed towards Zeri and placed his hand on his weapon, which made Zeri nervously said, "Th-There's no need to get hostile here! I won't bite I promise!" Then Axios asked for advice for surviving out here, then Zeri had said, "It's best for low-leveled people like us to travel in packs so we can support one another and gain the advantage over our opponents so we won't die five minutes after we leave the safe zone. It's also best if we knew a high-leveled player who can guide us for a while and help us train." Zeri knew a few people that fit that description, but he didn't feel like messaging the for some reason.

"Mhm... Okay...", Axios said a bit cautious with my words due to his hand's on a blade. "I seriously do you no harm... Can you not rest your hand on the hilt like you're ready to stab me? I mean... I haven't seen anyone able to die in the Starting City but... I haven't seen anyone fight... I think...", he continued pondering on my thoughts. "Also... sorry about that... Didn't realize there was someone else other than us 3", he then looked back and forth the 2 speakers. "So basically... The best thing to do is to be partnered with a couple of other players?

"Name's Axios Deminence. And all of you are?", I said taking a step back and then extending my hand out for a handshake.

I look at the two scared players, and realized that they were assuming I would slice them down. "No, no, no. It's like an arm rest of me. I'm not here to cut you two down to size." I said, as I remove my blade, and place it behind me. I shook the hand of the player by the name of Axios Deminence. I flash him a smile, "I go by the name of Noctis. It's nice to meet you, Axios." I said, as I shook his hand. We were among the lowest levels on Aincrad, but I was the strongest among our group. I look over at the other player and realized that it was a whole different person that I've met. I gave him a sorry expression, "I'm sorry. I could've sworn I've seen you before." I said, as I apologized to the player.

"Umm...if-if you say so." The player named Notics had said. Then he looked to the other player named Axios and said, "Hi! Nice to meet you!" Still feeling a little timid, Zeri had started to ask some questions to try to break the ice. "So...Umm...what kind of weapon do you use?" Then he asked another question. "So...What was the reason you decided to play the game. And what was it like back where you live at?" He asked all of this but still forgot one important thing, he still forgot to tell them his name.

"Uh... Whatever your name is... I use a basic knife as my main and only weapon thus far", Axios started saying while taking out the knife from its sheath. "That's a bit of the reason why I was worried about you cutting me down Noctis, you would have easily killed me. Thanks for pointing that out though, I'll keep that in mind." This guy sure does like to ask a lot of questions... "What about you?", Axios questioned the man whose name still escapes him.

"Its Szuriex. And I guess its this for me, can't wait to see what I can do with this baby."

Szuriex says as he unsheaths his hand and a half straight sword.

"I havent gotten to break it in yet, but thats what im here for, right?"

Looking around as if searching for something to stab, Szuriex gives his blade a few unrefined swings through the air, away from the others.

"So where's a guy gotta go to get some practice around here, anyways?"

"I was talking to... Nevermind...", Axios began to say. "I just swing it around a few times, sometimes towards some bags full of flour. Never was able to get out there...", he continued while looking towards the nearest gate. "I'm here... Since I am, I guess. Nothing special. Just wanted to play.

"How about you Noctis and... The other guy...", Axios finished while switching his hold on his knife.

I pointed towards the exit of Starter City, with a grin on my face. "Why don't we head to the fields and fight some boars? I need some materials to craft some gear. It'd be great if you guys follow me." I said, as I look over at the group of players we have. I scan our group and realized that one player hasn't introduced himself yet, so I pointed back to him (Zeri) and said, "You. You haven't introduced yourself yet. Please introduce yourself to the group." I said, with a smile on my face. I'm not the type of person to nag, but I don't like to travel with players that I don't even know their names. "We don't have all day." I stated.

"Well, for me it's my trusty broadsword on my back here. I kind of wonder why people don't use weapons like these?" He let that thought ponder through his head a little before he said hey to Szuriex, "Hey there!"

Then Notics pointed at me then said I still haven't introuduced myself yet. Very dumbfounded, Zeri said, "R-r-really!? I still haven't introuduced myself yet!? Well, the name's Zeri! Nice to meet you all!" Then Notics had said that he wanted to go hunt some boars. Then Zeri had looked at Notics and then the gate and said, "Are you sure?"

"Well I'm good to go. I'm going to head out to the fields and see if i can find anything good. Gotta start getting some experience somehow."

Sheathing his sword as he says this, Szuriex gives a two fingered salute off of his brow to the newcomers.

"You're more than welcome to join me if you want to. But Noctis said he'd show me a decent hunting ground not too far from the main gate. How 'bout it Noct? You ready to roll? Bet you a beer I kill the first one by myself."

Calling this last bit over his shoulder Szuriex begins walking off in the direction of the nearest gate, hands behind his head while whistling a tune to himself.

I gave Zeri a friendly expression, "Well.. It's very nice to meet you, Zeri. Yeah.. I won't let you guys get into a dangerous fight." I said, as I walk over to Szu. "I don't drink, but I'll bet you a fine sum of Col." I responded, as the two of us head off to the grassy fields. "So let's gather two boars and fight them at once." I stated, as I place my hands in my packet and head towards the grassy fields.

We stopped in front of the exit of Starter City, and look at Szu. "Are they coming?" I asked him, as I took a seat on the cobblestone floor.