SP - F2 ' Breaking the Unbreakable

Zadkiel yawned as he exited the building. A rustic little inn nestled in the heart of the town on the first floor. Zadkiel was a prisoner of comfort.  He hated the hustle and bustle of the first floor city; even more so the cesspool of players that congregated, or refused to leave there. He hated the false sense of security the city walls gave. Giving those who resided within the walls a falsified conception of 'safety' he hated even more so the fearful drivel that even now, was still spouted from the mouths of passerbys.

Still; Zadkiel was a man of comfort. He'd rather put up with all that strife and have a warm bed to sleep in rather than 'rough it' outside amongst the stars - a notion that sounded more romantic than it actually was. Zadkiel took pride in the way he looked. The half hour he spent in the bathroom this morning was more than enough to hint at that.

"Hey, Thanks for last night."

Zadkiel turned to look over his shoulder to address the voice. It belonged to a man in his youth, no older than 18, with fiery red hair still a tangled mess, his toned muscular form still without a shirt. Zadkiel gave a wry grin as his golden eyes danced over the bumps and crevices of the muscles on the man's stomach. "No, Thank You." Zadkiel said in return, extending a hand to have a finger slide down the mid of the man's chest. "Next time try to keep up. Thanks for the info."

Zadkiel turned from the male; a chipper bounce was in his step as he headed toward the teleportation gate. He slept with the man the night before, in exchange for information. Information that was readily available, and information that Zadkiel already knew, still - he wanted to bed the man - and the man refused to give till Zadkiel sweet talked him into giving the red-headed man the illusion that he had the upper hand. "Oh how easy they all fall." Zadkiel said to himself as he stepped up onto the teleportation pad.

"Floor Two!"

There was a slight tingling feeling as Zadkiel was whizzed away from the first floor and onto the second. It was the first time he had used the teleportation pad, and the feeling was akin to that of going down a steep decline on a roller coaster. Zadkiel grinned, "How exhilarating!" He exclaimed as he clasped his hands together gleefully. A player who was passing by shot him an odd look, Zadkiel in reply simply gave them a sultry wink. The other player, a young female gave a small smile back, her face deepening into that gorgeous, gorgeous red of a blush. If Zadkiel didn't have other things to do today, he'd probably chase her, and within a few small hours have her writhing form underneath him. But not today.

He opened his HUD with a quick swish of a deft hand; and looked at the map; he had to go to the tavern on the second floor to find and accept the quest. Easy enough. 

The tavern in question was a short walk away. Two minutes to be exact, and it was a pleasant walk. Unlike the starter town - the second floor town of Urbus was much, much quieter. Despite it being only on the second floor of Aincrad - and there being a total of 10 floors cleared. Zadkiel had to wonder what the hell the front liners were doing - they were stuck inside this god forsaken game for over a year now, and they had barely cleared a tenth of the way? At this rate the entire population of the game would die before they reached the 90th floor.

Not that it entirely mattered to Zadkiel. As long as he was able to feel pleasure, and taste fine foods - he was content. Zadkiel never really planned on dirtying himself with clearing floors. He was too lazy for that. Zadkiel gave a yawn as he pushed open the doors to the Tavern.

The man squinted. The light in the tavern was considerably dimmer than the bright, natural light that the afternoon sun gave the bustling streets. Tables littered the floor; and on each table an oil lamp sat neatly in the middle - burning with a dull orange glow. Zadkiel smirked, he would have to come back here at a later date. The dim lights would set the 'romantic' mood for some of his more....wanton associates. 

Again, Zadkiel had to keep his mind out of the gutter; as he wandered to the back corner where a figure draped entirely in black sat. Zadkiel took a seat in front of the figure; "So I hear there is a rumour about an unbreakable boulder somewhere around these parts?" He asked, flicking silver locks out of his face.

The black hooded figure's face was completely hidden - and the persons hands remained neatly folded, and hidden away in their lap beneath the table. When the figure spoke, the voice belonged to that of a tired, old man. "Yes, that's correct."

Zadkiel grinned, it was clear the figure was nothing more than an NPC but he was fascinated by them. How intricate they were designed, how it was nigh impossible to tell the difference between an NPC and another player. Even in the bedroom, but that was a story best saved for later. "Why thank you kind sir." Zadkiel said, his tone dripping with warmth. "My name's Zadkiel, now - would you grace me with your name?"

The figure lifted its head slightly; as though Zadkiel's kind words had incited some sort of confusion with him. Then, he lifted his hands to remove the hood. Revealing an old, shrivelled face, with sunken eyes; which no doubt were once a brilliant blue, but now were nothing more than dull, greyed orbs. "My name is Sir Andrew, young man, why do you wish to know of this boulder?"

Zadkiel's eyes sparked with a devious glint. A snide smirk appeared on his features, but it was instantaneous - disappearing almost as quickly as it had come. "Oh a Sir? Knighted?" Zadkiel placed an elbow on the table; then his chin in the palm of his hand. "Oh my, I am honoured to be in your presence, Sir Arthur." Zadkiel didn't need to lay on the compliments as thick as he had been; he was simply entertained by the reactions of the NPC, and was curious to see what words sparked each reaction. Thus far it seemed positive words gave a positive reaction.

"I hear there is an unbreakable rock; but I do believe I am able to break it. Quite easily."

The old man grinned; "I like your moxxy young man. You remind me of me, when I was your age. I will tell you the location of the rock, but I must warn you - no weapons are able to break it."

Zadkiel grinned, as he cracked his knuckles. "That's fine with me, good Sir. I don't use weapons. I discarded my starter weapon the day I got it. I find weapons boring. I want to fight with my fists."

The NPC smiled. "I believe this quest may be perfect for you."

A quest icon popped up in front of Zadkiel and he grined - a hand lazily swooping over the accept button. "It's been a pleasure..." He purred at the NPC. "But I fear, I must be going now." Zadkiel stood, before politely pushing his chair under the table. "May we meet again." He gave a low bow to the NPC and turned on his heel to observe the patrons of the tavern.

He had a location.

He had no weapon.

And there were bound to be boars around.

Zadkiel needed to find someone to do the dirty work for him.

It wasn't long till his eyes landed on a pretty ginger lass. She was tall, but still a head shorter than he - she wore a leather outfit with tones of red and black, and by her side was a large battle axe. Zadkiel headed over to her; resting his shoulders on the bar next to her. "My, aren't you the rarity." He asked.

The girl glanced at him, then glanced away; then looked back at him. "W-what? Me?"

Zadkiel grinned; this would be easier than he thought; the young lass was insecure. She didn't realize the beauty she had. "Yes you." Zadkiel said with a warm smile as he reached out and brushed a long lock of her straight hair away from her face and behind her ear. "Your hair, I assume it's a natural colour - and your eyes are the most subtle shade of green. You shouldn't hide them."

The girl blushed, turning away. "A.ahaha..y-yes its my real hair, I used to get teased for it though..."

"What's your name?" Zadkiel asked, feigning interest.

"O..Oh! My name is Cadz."

Zadkiel grinned as he picked up Cadz' hand, gingerly rubbing the top of it with his thumb. "Pleasure to meet you, Cadz dear, my name is Zadkiel."

She fell right into his words; Zadkiel found it almost too easy. Generally he would initiate a conversation with someone, find out their insecurities and play on them - but Zadkiel wanted to get this 'rock' quest completed quick smart. So, he had cut to the chase - it was a gamble. A gamble that worked in his favor this time.

"I must confide in you...Cadz, I approached you as I want to partake in a quest - but I have no weapon, and need a guide. I noticed your armor and weapon, and went straight toward you." 

"Y-You think I look strong?" Cadz asked in astonishment, Zadkiel nodded, and Cadz smiled in reply. "Well, I can deal 4 damage! I can almost kill the boars on this floor in a single hit. I have a perfect weapon, but my armor is just for show." She admitted. 

Zadkiel shrugged; "I think the show is under the armour, but that is for another time no?" He said with a smirk as he used his free hand to cup her cheek. 

"So, how about it m'dear? Want to help me?"

Cadz murmured; not entirely sure what to do with this man. Here she was just enjoying a non-alcoholic drink when suddenly she had caught the attention of this suave looking man. Cadz wasn't used to male attention; she wasn't exactly very popular at school, even in the game she didn't have many friends. He didn't look very strong. He didn't even have a weapon. So she figured he was not a PKer. That and his icon was green. 

"O-Okay I can help you."

Zadkiel clasped his hands together, "Fantastic!" He said in a gleeful tone. "I got a rock I need to find and destroy, I will need you to kill any boars that come our way." 

Cadz offered Zadkiel a smile; she knew what quest he was talking about, "Ahaha, so you are going to work on physical combat rather than use a weapon?"

"Right you are Cadz, Right you are!" Zadkiel said as he placed a hand on the mid of her back. Guiding her out of the tavern. "Let's not delay, I want to have this done before it gets too late; might I suggest we share a drink after?" He turned to Cadz, giving her a cheeky wink followed by a friendly grin. She simply shrugged and agreed. This was easy. Almost too easy. Sure Zadkiel was taking a gamble on trusting the girl - but that was what life was about. The thrill of the unknown.

The two wandered out of the tavern, and then out into the fields. Zadkiel had his HUD up. Keeping his golden eyes on the map. Both he and Cadz were chatting idly. Generally about odd things, their likes and dislikes. Zadkiel didn't see any reason to lie to the lass. However, he was playing a role - that of the smitten man. Every so often he'd lightly touch her shoulder, or brush her ginger hair out of her eyes.

"This is quite a pleasant walk." Zadkiel commented in a warm tone- "Mayhaps because I have such wonderful company."

Cadz smiled meekly, "W-well this is nice, I generally don't have a lot of people to talk to."

Zadkiel grinned, "Such a pretty thing like you? Oh my. I cannot believe that." He paused to look up; there was a boar standing in their way. Sure they could go around it, but Zadkiel was lazy; he didn't coax this girl into coming with him so he could waste time avoiding battles.

He lifted his hand to point at the boar. "Cadz, I believe that is your cue."