[SP-F6] The Search for a Familiar <<Feeding The Enemy>>

Crozeph sat at a tree just outside Amazon, he struggled to climb up the tree and he's not letting all the work he did go to waste. A few months ago, Crozeph took a quest that gives him the privilege to have a familiar or a companion to call his own and now that he's done with other things to do "I have to find my own familiar" he said as his hood moved with the wind blowing to it. Crozeph stared at the dense forest in front of him "Amazon's Folly" he said before taking a deep breath "looks like I've gotten myself into something good" he added. Crozeph gently climbed down the tree, he didn't want to lose a few HP just by being clumsy. After a few minutes he set his foot down and ready to venture into the forest and even though his friends call him "Crow, Crow Soup, and Karasu" Crozeph has set his eyes on a certain animal "a black cat!" he exclaimed while walking into the forest "I still don't know what to call her though" he said as the thick leaves and trees blocked the sunlight and left a greenish light showering over his path "but first I've got to find materials and things I need, i should always maximize the time and energy I have" he thought.

Crozeph walked uneasily on the forest, the vines and long branches of some trees blocking his way or accidentally snaps back on his face. Crozeph can handle things like that but seeing a swamp before him, it made him hesitate to move forward "I smell danger beneath that murky water" he said. Crozeph then turned around facing the direction to where he's been. As soon as he took a step forward, the murky water exploded sending huge amounts of water to Crozeph who is now annoyed "I avoided the water..." Crozeph turned around to face the monster "...and you used it on me!" he yelled. Crozeph quickly unsheathe his sword, as its red blade glimmers when the sunlight hits it "come here stupid, I'll end you" he said, glaring at the monster.

• Crozeph 41/41
  • Swamp Creeper 25/25

[iD: 13488] BD: 9 MD:9

The creeper began sprouting tendrils out of its back landing strong, direct hits to Crozeph. The boy landed on a tree, his arms wounded but his sword stopping the tendrils from piercing his chest "that was fast, if I wasn't fast enough I would've been dead" he said. The creeper let out a shriek and wrapped the tendril to his right hand and pulled him. Crozeph dashed forward and quickly slashed at the creeper from head to its side before it could pull him closer completely. The tendril tossed Crozeph away as it feels its wounds while the player landed on his feet smiling "looks like the score is settled rather quick" he told the mob.

[13488]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

1 base +1 athletics +3 weapon skill +3 Bleeding Dove +1 critical = [9] 

Mob Dice: [9] critical

3 damage - 3 mitigation + 1 critical = [2] 

Crozeph 39/41

Swamp Creeper 16/25

Crozeph charged at the creeper again, leaving no chance for it to start any attack. Crozeph moved around the swamp luring it out of the water "get out of there" he thought. The creeper crawled out of the swamp and Crozeph saw his chance. Crozeph skidded to its side and raised his sword "off with your limb" he said bringing down the sword and chopping off the limb of the the creeper. The mob let out a shriek full of pain and used its tendrils to stab Crozeph but he dodged three of it and jumped back raising his sword for another attack.

[13638]

Battle Dice: [7] success

1 base +1 athletics +3 weapon skill +3 Bleeding Dove = [8] 

Mob Dice: [3] - [2] = [1] fail

Crozeph 39/41

Swamp Creeper 8/25

The Creeper moved aimlessly, Crozeph's attacks has already weakened it. "All it needs is the final blow" Crozeph whispered. pointing his sword downward, ready to give the final attack. Crozeph dashed forward and aimed his sword at its neck. The creeper shoot down tendrils but failed to attack or even stop Crozeph "useless, it's decided" he said. Crozeph buried his left foot forward and made an upward slash cutting many tendrils and cutting the creeper in half. The lifeless mob shattered before it could even crash back at the swamp again while Crozeph sheathes back his katana "looks like you messed with the wrong player" he said before walking away from the swamp.

[iD: 12731]

Battle Dice: [9] critical

1 base +1 Athletics +3 weapon skill +3 Bleeding Dove +1 critical = [9] 

Mob Dice: [3] - [2] = [1] fail

Loot Dice: [5] + [1] = [6] no loot

Crozeph 39/41

Swamp Creeper 0/25 DEAD

Crozeph continued his walk after an easy battle with a swamp creeper and he felt weird for a moment. "I used to struggle fending off wolves back then, I guess a few training and grinding helped out a lot" he said to himself smiling. Crozeph never really put some thought on making himself strong inside the game that he can almost step out of the limits of it. "I wonder where I'll start" he said, Crozeph's only goal was to be able to defend himself until someone figures out a way out of the game and he could only see one right now, clearing the floors the game master created for them. Crozeph managed to get a slot in the upcoming boss raid and with the help and permission of Azide. "I better get myself in good shape if I want to survive that" he thought.

As Crozeph walked and enjoyed the sunlight, he accidentally smashed his foot on something hard, not that it hurt but he almost fell face down. Crozeph took a step back to see if he touched something dangerous but as he let out a sigh of relief, he picked up a material, something useful that he could sell when he gets back to town. Crozeph opened his inventory and placed it inside, for future use.

• [iD: 14079] LD: 15+1 skill = [16] 
  • 1 material found
  • 2 weeks later...

The next few hours of thinking of what familiar to have or where to start finding materials and mostly, avoid luring mobs that might pose a bigger problem than just finding familiars. Crozeph saw a huge tree beside him and noticed its trunk a little wet and a wounded part where it looked like someone scratched it or clawed on it. Crozeph took a closer look and caught a whiff of a strange scent just behind it. As he tried peering to the other side, he saw another creature. A large dog-like creature with spikes on its back and beside it a weapon. It seems that the creature has killed another player. The dog then lifted its head as if it caught another prey to attack. Crozeph grabbed the hilt of his katana and walked backwards slowly and cautiously and then at once the dog pounce on him. Crozeph quickly unsheathed his sword and slashed upward wounding the right eye of the dog but its claws reached him and inflicted damage on him also. Crozeph moved backwards and put his hand on his wound "you messed with the wrong player" he told the snarling dog in front of him.

[iD: 14758]

Battle Dice: [10] critical success

1 base +3 weapon skill +3 Bleeding Dove +1 Athletics +2 critical = 10 dmg

Mob Dice: [10] 

4 +2 = 6 dmg - 3 mitigation = 3 dmg

Crozeph 46/49

Spiked Dog 20/30

[iD: 14880] BD: 1 MD 8

The next events left a few seconds for Crozeph to react and it seems the dog is on the move. Crozeph unsheathe his katana again to slash but his footing is risky for an attack. The move was a blunder, Crozeph stumbled backwards and much more worse, the dog closed in quick taking a bite on his arm. Crozeph used his katana to prevent the lower jaw from closing completely but the upper part buried to his arm and the fangs sinking on his flesh. Crozeph then knew he had to do something. Crozeph took a step backward and spun around hurling the dog making it let go of his arm. The dog landed safely on the ground as he tries to shake his arm trying to ease the pain of the bite

• Crozeph 42/49
  • Spiked Dog 20/30
  • 2 months later...

(due to site changes that suddenly happened, my character stats are changed to match the new format which is the HP only ^^)

The dog charged at Crozeph again after landing on the ground, its hind legs giving it the speed needed to match up to him. Crozeph stabbed the ground with his katana and jumped back, his left hand still gripping his katana. The dog failed to bite him as he spun around dodging the attack. Crozeph pulled his sword out of the ground and cocked his had left and right "so hot-blooded huh?" he told the dog who is snarling at him from afar "I know your attack didn't hit, I failed to give one also so its not that bad" he added. Crozeph pointed his sword at the dog "come here or I'll cut down those pesky hind legs of yours" he said, glaring at the mob in front of him.

• ID: 20938
  • BD: 2 + 2 = 4, MD: 4 - 2 = 2, CD: 12
  • battle healing activated +2 HP

• Crozeph 54/59
  • Spiked Dog 20/30

His words seems to have reached the dog as it replied with a bark "I'll take that as a yes" he muttered. Crozeph took a step forward with his right foot and saw the dog moving towards him "a direct attack?" he thought. Crozeph watched the hind legs as it moves closer to him and saw it shift a little to his left "looking for a blindside maybe" he thought. Crozeph moved forward making the dog hesitate to move any further "what's that? cat got your legs?" he yelled. Crozeph let his sword grate on the soft ground and slashed upward hitting sinking the blade on one of its legs. The dog was launched upward by the attack that it landed on its back. Crozeph skidded away from the dog and locked his eyes on it again "why let it reach your blindside..." Crozeph raised his sword "when you can take it by surprise" he added.

• ID: 20939
  • BD: 9 critical, MD: 1 critical failure
  • 8 damage + 1 critical

• Crozeph 54/59
  • Spiked Dog 11/30

As the dog quickly stood up and faced Crozeph, he was already charging at it and ready to land his next blow. The dog jumped back as soon as it saw Crozeph but failed to jump far enough away from him. "You need to move out of the way and not jump back" he said. Crozeph raised his katana and slashed downward sinking his blade on the dog's face. The dog's jaw hit the ground as soon as it received the solid blow from Crozeph, not a critical one but sure is enough to leave it stunned and dropped its Hp bar to a last hit. Crozeph took two steps back away from the dog and raised his sword aligning it with his chest "get up, I don't do pitiful kills" he muttered in annoyance at the waste of time the dog gave him.

• ID: 20948
  • BD: 7 + 2 = 9, MD: 3 fail
  • 8 damage

• Crozeph 54/59
  • Spiked Dog 3/30

The dog stood up and snarled at him, it seems that the battle will end with Crozeph still standing almost unscathed. The dog gathered the last of its strength and pounced on Crozeph who remained still in front of it "yes, die fighting..." Crozeph lowered his sword "...even when its not enough to let you live" he muttered. Crozeph quickly raised his sword cutting the dog in half midair. The monster quickly shattered into shards of data and disappeared after a few seconds. Crozeph then slid his katana back on its sheathe and sighed "now that was a dramatic waste of time" he thought, shaking his head in disappointment "I need to find some little furry animals here to be my familiar" he said as he continued to walk deeper into the forest.

• ID: 20949
  • BD: 7 + 2 = 9 success, MD: 3 - 2 = 1 fail, LD: 15 + 1 skill = 16, CD: 12
  • 8 damage, battle healing +2 HP, gaine 150 col

• Crozeph 56/59
  • Spiked Dog 0/30
  • 2 weeks later...

The sun passed through the leaves of the tall trees as Crozeph waltz at the path he believe to be right "just around here I'm gonna find an animal or beast or whatever that'll help me around" he said. Crozeph was never into taming animals, most of them just act stiff when he's around back in the real world. "Strange connection, I think I have what it takes to be one" he told himself as he continued to walk, it was just an ordinary day for some but for him, this is going to be one long and tiring day. Crozeph heard rustling leaves behind him, faint but Crozeph could hear it. As he turned around and tried to look, the rustling got louder . Crozeph inched slowly to a nearby tree and tried to peek, a potential familiar is nearby.

Must have been touch luck but Crozeph stood still at the sight of the animal, it just stood still also as if it sensed him. Crozeph knew he had to make no sudden movements or it'll run away or run at him and attack him. Crozeph couldn't really predict what could happen next now but maybe the best thing to do is to slowly move and make himself know for sure at the sight of the animal "if it runs away then bummer, if it stays and stares..." Crozeph took a step out of the tree where he's hiding "...fight or tame it then" he said to himself.

Crozeph stepped out of the tree and held the hilt of his katana, ready to take on the animal that might attack him before it becomes his friend and kill it if necessary. As he stepped out, the trees swayed and a faint cry of the wind was heard. Crozeph let out a deep breath and stood frozen at the creature in front of him. "How can this be?" he thought, Crozeph loosened his grip of his sword and lowered his arm. Crozeph took a few steps forward toward it and squatted in front of it "how are you..." Crozeph stretched out his hand "...kitty?" he asked the white kitten sitting and licking its paws.

ID: 23569 LD: 10 + 1 = 11 tamed a kitten

Crozeph used his other hand and opened his menu, Crozeph pulled out one of the chocolate boxes he has and offered it to the kitten. The kitten licked the chocolate he held and then resumed to licking its paw back. Crozeph then looked at the chocolate and pouted "I guess animals really don't like chocolates" he said. The kitten moved towards Crozeph and licked his hand "but you do like my hand" he said. The kitten suddenly chomped on the chocolate, swallowing it whole "make up your mind already" he told the kitten, patting it in the head. The kitten's eyes stared at Crozeph, raven-black just his coat. Crozeph picked the kitten up and placed it at his shoulder "why don't we take you out on a spin" he said "not literally spin but just to know that you approve of me as your new..." Crozeph raised his hand "overlord!" he exclaimed before letting out a laugh close to evil and comical.