[PP-F4] Snowy Sleep [Noctis] (Completed)

"I could get used to this cold and desolate floor." Glenn mumbled as he laid against the back of his chair. He had come across a small inn in one of the secluded places in Snowfrost town. He felt his eyelids growing heavy as he slumped more and more in his seat. "Its... a..g..ood...time...for..a..nap." he murmered as his head rested on the table in front of him. He had barely gotten sleep lately, and was not alert and observant as usual.

I've finally found the strength to lead myself to Floor Four, but I know that I have to go back and finish some business. As I step off the teleport pad of Snowfrost Town, I found myself watching the snowflakes fall. "This floor is amazing.. it's been forever since I last saw snow." I said, as I took a stroll around the main settlement of Floor Four as known as Winter Wonderland. As I wander around the area, I spot a player laying his head down on a table, as snow pile up on him. I walk over and brush a couple of snow off him. "Hey there, you're going to freeze out here, bud." I said, before taking a seat across from the player.

Rubbing his eyes after being awake from the touch of a player, Rusty looked up in disbelief to find another player in front of him. Not fully understanding what he saw, he looked side to side until staring right back at the player. "Can I help you with something or um.." He wiped the remaining snow off of him all the while remaining direct eye contact with the player opposite of him. "I hope he's asking a question, cause I kinda of want to go right back to sleep." contemplated Rusty.

I smirk at the player idling on the table, and offered my hand to shake. "What're you doing at a place like this, if I may ask?" I had no intentions of looking for an answer, but at the same time, I don't want to make things awkward. As I scan the area around me, I notice very few players in the area. "Keh. A Floor like this should be admired." I said to myself in a soft tone. The player who seemed to be sleep deprived look quite older than me, but I always had a sense of getting my facts right. "I forgot to mention. I go by the name of Noctis. It's very nice to meet you." I greeted the player.

"I forgot why I was here, but I do know what I was doing. Sleeping." Rusty shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to think about the reasons he was located on the snow-covered floor. Getting up from his seat, he stretched his left leg not wanting to have a possible cramp while he walked even though he wasn't sure if his injuries transferred in game. When the player introduced himself, he blurted out "Rusty" to introduce himself as well, but not wanting to say his name formally. 

Rusty had an arrogant tone in his voice, and it seems like I have no taste in relations with people like him. "Keh. I see you're name is quite.. intriguing." I said, as the snow around me start to pile. In my mindset this player is someone who shouldn't bother making friends with. "I see you have no reason being here." I said in a blunt way. I lay back on the chair, and the snow that was piling starts to fall off. "You're one of those players who seem to think they're better than everyone." I place my arm on the hilt of my blade, resting it there. "How about a friendly duel? Half-loss." I said, as I stood up, kicking the chair back.

"I probably did have reason to be here, but I forgot, unless I was exploring which I was likel-" Rusty stop mid sentence after hearing the remark the player had made. He thought badly of him as most people thought, but it didn't sadden Rusty at all, Noctis was just one person on a list of people who didn't like him.  Hearing the request to battle solidified that thought. "Yeah, I think I'm better than everyone else. I mean come on, everyone else is a mindless idiot who doesn't think before fighting or talking, right? So yeah, let's fight. Half-loss." was the remark Rusty gave back at the dark-haired fellow. He was a bit annoyed that that was the conclusion the person gave without further thought, so he decided to assert this as personality, although in the back of Rusty's mind there was a tiny hope that he gave a sarcastic enough voice to clue in his feelings. Mumbling "He'll probably beat me in hit, but I'll give it a try." he sent a request for a half-loss duel and then took out his sword, his rapier which he adored for its quick movements.

A grin on my face has appear, as I hit the accept button. "Ready yourself, Rusty." I stated, as I point Blade of Time towards him. I look at Rusty's health, and could tell his health isn't much. I let out a sigh, "You actually accept a duel with a health as low as that." I said with a pitiful tone. A Super Critical can drop Rusty's health down to a sliver. "If I was stronger, Rusty would die, even with Half-Loss." I said to myself. I place my blade over my shoulder, and took position. I aim for his stomach, and drove my blade across his stomach, catching him before falling over. "Looks like I won in one shot. You're pathetic." I said, before shoving him to the ground. I pointed my blade at his neck, as the Winner pops up on my HUD. "You're weak. Don't ever think you're stronger than anyone else." I said, before swiping the winner icon away.

Noctis

20/20 HP

Rusty

03/09 HP - 6

13259 7 3 16 8 Noctis Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-22 16:01:31

Rusty didn't truly understand how badly other people disliked him until Noctis shoved him to the ground and pointed his sword at him. Although he knew he was really cold at times, he didn't really get it till that moment. Rusty didn't say a word as the player called him "Pathetic." Noctis didn't know this, but that term offended him on two levels. The first use was just a insult, but the second use was how Rusty's left leg was damaged or "pathetic" in the real world so he couldn't run without it snapping or giving way. Getting up from the floor, he didn't even explain himself as he originally was going to do when he lost. Rusty looked back up at Noctis with sad, but nonetheless, cold eyes when he was finished speaking.

I sheathe my blade, and went over to pick up the chair I kicked over. "You should head back to the first floor. Staying here will get you killed here. The monsters here are a lot stronger than you are." I said, as I push the chair in. I scan the area for an exit to the wild, but I wasn't able to see through the thick snow storm. I look over at Rusty, who seemed to have a sad expression on his face. "Keh. Wipe that sad expression off yourself. A loss is a loss. Suck it up. Go and train yourself some more before fighting with players like me." I said, as I head towards an outdoor cafe. I sat under an covered bench, and rested myself against the chair.

Rusty listened to the remark to his sad face, and listening to the hostility in each of them, he thought that he much rather be suited to hiding in the wild than going to Floor 1. "At least the monsters don't kill you in the inside when they attack." At that moment, Rusty just snapped. He was done being avoided, being called names, being shoved over and most of all done with being hurt. As Noctis walked towards a cafe, he just gave up the act that he had decided to do before the battle. "Players like yourself? Who's pretending that they think they're better anyone else now?! You make these assumptions about me, like how you decide I am person who thinks I'm better than anyone else and then have the nerve to act just like your description of me after that duel! You know how infuriating it is for people to not think twice about the reasons for my supposed cold-heartedness and my rudeness!" Rusty fled at Noctis, picking up his rapier as to attack even though he couldn't inflict any damage on the player. Rusty repeatedly swiped at Noctis before stopping, heaving and breathing.

I immediately stood up and ran towards Rusty, and grabbed him by the collar of his standard armor. "You're arrogant, Rusty. I treat others how they treat me. There is no reason how you should act around others. If you're going to be a jack a**, then you better think twice about who you're talking to." I said, as I grabbed onto his hand that he equipped his rapier with. "Heh. Do you want to die, Rusty? Swinging your rapier at me in a safe zone, is useless." I said, as I push him back a few meters. I took a deep breath, before glaring at him. "Yes.. Players like me. I never said I was better than everyone else. Did I?" I said, as I drew Blade of Time once more. "There are far powerful players here on Aincrad, and I'm nothing more than a f****** pawn in this game." I said, as I clench my fist tight. 

"I purposely accepted the duel request because I was curious if you changed your thought about how I am since I knew when you proposed a duel, if I accepted it, I would lose and I thought you would recognize that. Instead thought I was just acting tough and showed me how poorly people think of me. I don't know whether or not to hate you for it, or thank you, but I'm just gonna say it. Thank you." Rusty responded. He looked down at the white snow and thought about if he should just give up. He began to walk away quietly, not wanting to say anything more.

I watch as Rusty lash out at me, but I had no feeling of regret. I took everything he said to me, because I had nothing to win nor lose in this conversation. After he lashed out, he turned away staring at the white pillow like floor. I have a feeling that he's going through something, but I never actually thought it through this whole time. I let out a sigh, as I walk over to Rusty. "Rusty.. I should have thought my conversation with you sooner. Is there something bugging you?" I asked Rusty, before turning him over to face me. "Seriously, what's going on?" I asked.

"Stop acting like you care because you don't. I just met you, what reason do you have to care a single bit about me. If you want to know so bad, I've always been going through something." Rusty sneered. Getting rid of the grip the player had on him, he stepped back. "Nobody's ever cared, not even once! W-what it is in it for you? D-does this amuse you?" he stammered. Rusty couldn't wrap his head over the fact that this person, who he had just met, feels pity or some kind of empathy for him, if that what he was implying. He was reaching his breaking point. He stepped backwards, turned around and began running, faster and faster with each foot barely touching the ground.

I step back a few, grasping my fist. "ARE YOU F****** STUPID?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT?" I shouted at Rusty, feeling that I'm about to lose my voice. I could see him dash off towards complete nothing, but I pulled my fist back, and aimed it at Rusty's cheek. "GET YOUR A** OVER HERE!" I yelled, as I ran after Rusty. The blizzard starts to pick up, but I continued to run the direction he went towards. Come on, Lucis.. Faster. FASTER. I thought to myself, as I start to speed faster than ever. I spot Rusty not so far, and I continued to speed towards his direction. I threw myself forward, and my fist was able to connect to Rusty's face, but it didn't cause any effect to his health. "WHAT'S THE POINT IN RUNNING?! SIT STILL!" I said, as I stood back up from connecting my fist to his face.

13283 6 5 12 8 Noctis Msg_hover2.png 2015-03-22 23:50:09

Noctis has began running toward Rusty and the next he knew, he was reeling from pain from a spot on his cheek in the cold snow. This wasn't him. This guy had just made him snap. He just wanted to ignore what had happened today, and just be like how he always was. Rusty thought back to the red spot on his cheeck. It didn't do any damage, but it still hurt like hell. Getting up, he instantly regretted turning around. "How much more did this guy want with me, I just want to be left alone." Rusty mumbled. Getting up, Rusty began to run, but his left leg gave way. "No." He fell down to floor, but immediately began to crawl before hiding in an alleyway. "What happened to my leg?!"

I start to breath heavily, as the snow starts to fall down quickly. "R-Rusty!" I shouted, as I continue to pursue after Rusty. I watch as he falls on the white blanket of the floor, and fell onto my knees. "Heh.. Can't run from me." I stated, I watch him crawl into the alleyway. "This isn't a game of Cat and Mouse." I said, as I slowly stood up, and walk over to the alleyway. "RUSTY!" I shouted, as I look into the alleyway. It was like he disappear along with the blizzard. "Tch. I'm sick of playing this with you." I stated, as I walk into the alleyway.

"How about you leave me alone? Really, try it some time, it helps." Rusty retorted. This guy wouldn't leave him alone and he had enough today's drama. For some unknown reason, Noctis followed him and Rusty couldn't figure out why. He would have teleported out of this floor the moment he could, but he didn't have a teleport crystal on him. At around this point, Rusty started shivering uncontrollably. His legs and arms moved with a back and forth movement that was repeatedly shaking faster and faster. "What do you want anyway.."

I heard his voice and ran towards the direction of his voice. "Found you." I said, as I watch him shiver uncontrollably. "Tch. A low level at a floor like this. Look at yourself. What's the point in running?" I said, as I grabbed onto his arm, wrapping his arm around my neck. "You're a real hassle you know that?" I said, as I drag him back to the nearby coffee shop. "If you keep running how will I be able to tell you what I want." I said, as we enter the shop. I gently place him against the chair, nearby their fireplace. I took a seat across from him, and made sure he wouldn't escape. "Before I tell you anything.. You tell me. What's the matter with you?" I asked in a stern tone.