[SP-F6] Feeding the Enemy

With the issue of identity taken care of, Lucifer seemed content, and slithered from his arm past the folds of his coat. In the end, it settled into a pocket on the inside flap, and poked its head out near his neck. "You can stay there if you'd like," he remarked. In truth, he hadn't thought about how a snake could possibly keep up with him on foot, or rather, belly. But perhaps it'd be simplest if the creature simply traveled on his person, like a pirate with his parrot.

"Will you be the parrot to my pirate?" he asked, brushing aside a low-hanging branch. He slashed away a few vines and clumps of tall grass before stepping through the makeshift pass. Lucifer stretched itself out to the side of his face, and contorted itself in a way that allowed it to face him if he turned his head to the side. It flicked its tongue, but otherwise simply stared at him.

"I'm just going to have to take that as a yes."

A final slash cleared the last of the stalks, and his hands parted what remained. Finally, they'd made their way out of the accursed place- although technically, he supposed that this was Lucifer's home. "Am I supposed to take you back here on visits?" he wondered. Maybe he'd do so once, and simply take back a few samples to grow at his lab. It wasn't exactly his idea of a fun time- though the rain life rain forests of South American or the Congo were certainly exciting.

He'd once believed that perhaps the jungles of Aincrad had hidden away similarly miraculous plants, but his last journey with Oikawa had yielded nothing but broken promises. He recalled the disappointment that had come as the plant shattered in his hands, and awakened the large mob known as the Glutton.

In comparison, this trip had gone rather perfectly- almost too perfectly. In truth, he had wholeheartedly believed that he would fail dozens upon dozens of times before succeeding, when in reality it'd taken him a single attempt. Perhaps it was fate after all.

"What do you think, Lucifer? Was it fate, or just luck?" he asked.

Lucifer flicked its tongue at him, then slid back into the warmth of his coat pocket.

"I think so too, Lucifer. I think so too." With those final sentiments, he exited the jungle and set forth for town. Life was good.