[PP-F4] Earning a Living(Rook/Ariel) Complete

Rook took a moment to consider what Ariel had said. Clearly Ariel didn't need any help from him to handle the wolf, that being said it just wasn't in him to just watch a fight.. "I appreciate your consideration Ariel, but I'm not the type of person who likes to sit on the sidelines while my friends are fighting." Hyped up on fresh determination and resolve, Rook watched as the wolf charged towards him. Digging his feat into the dirt and bracing himself for the impact, Rook was hoping to emulate Ariel and by like a stone wall to the wolfs attack. As the wolf tucked its head and slammed into him, Rook could feel the wind being knocked out of him. Staggered and dazed by the blow, he thought about how much easier Ariel had made it look. I guess she is more than 3 times my level. Regaining his bearing on the battlefield, Rook couldn't help but feel a small since of victory on the inside.  Although the attack had took much more of a tool then Rook had wanted, he did absorb it successfully, sending the wolf back into the dirt.

ID: 13953 BD: 4 MD: 7

Rook- 6/11

Ariel- 48/49

Full Grown Dire wolf- 4/25

Watching him take a hit from the wolf head on, like she did, made Ariel let out a sigh while shaking up her head twice. She then tapped her black rapier on her vambraces that let out a metal-like ring. The armor piece wasn't made of metal but Ariel managed to tame the hide in a way that made it extra durable leather, dyed to emulate actual metal color but still retaining a tinge of gold. It has the same hardness, that upon impact it even makes the same sound effect, only that it's a bit lighter.

"You see these strapped to my arms? This is what happens if you don't pay attention to your sensei! I have these" bangs her weapon twice on her left vambrace with a slightly angry face. "This is what helped me deflect most of the damage. Unless you have a pair of these, some heavy armor equipment or the close combat skill you don't take an attack like that head-on!" she started preaching in a teacher-like manner then lets out a sigh, calming down.

"Now watch closely apprentice! Don't just try to copy my fighting style, learn from it. I've had over a decade of years worth of experience IRL with fencing before entering the SAO world and I'm not going to spend another decade teaching it to you." she said in a serious voice focusing on the target in front of her. The wolf let out a powerful roar while eyeing the blonde..attracted by the banging on her vambraces.

It lashes out to her with its claws first, the blonde enters almost the same defensive stance with her vambraces and deflects almost all of the wolf's claw slashes. The last one was either lucky or calculated but it managed to scrape her right cheek. She let out a 'Tsk' sound before pushing back the wolf. Next brandishing her rapier she made one step to enter striking range and aimed for the best spot she could find, its head.

With one swift move she thrusts her slender rapier with such speed that it appeared to be a black streak, she hit her intended spot with pinpoint accuracy. She put more force than intended, making the black tip of her rapier to exit through the other side of the wolf's skull. It shattered into polygons almost instantly, leaving behind only the desired item 'Dire Wolf Pelt'.

The blond picks up the item and throws it to Rook like she did with the plushie earlier. "Okay Rookie, warm up is over. Let's head back to the shop and start developing your tailoring skills. Expect a strict instruction from me once we start the real deal." she said in a half strict, half joking tone while she started heading back towards the shop.

ID: 13954 BD: 7 MD: 10  LD:9 (7+2 item)

Rook: 6/11

Ariel: 47/49 (-1) [3-2 Dmg Mit]

Full Grown Dire wolf: -5/25 (-9)

Loot: 1 Material

(You'll have to modify the wolf's hp since the first time it spawned, in all posts. Like I did.

Rookie aye? Growing up Rook was always the first one to crack a joke as soon as an opportunity presented itself. A character trait some found amusing while others found annoying. Luckily however Rook learned at an early age to take a joke just as well as he could tell one. Pretty good pun considering that last battle he thought to himself. Catching the pelt as Ariel through it to him, Rook was somewhat surprised. In the back of his mind he had half anticipated her to keep the pelt and make him search for another wolf to kill himself.

Following Ariel back to her shop, Rook wondered what the next step in his training would entail. So far Ariel's words had been strict, but her actions had been kind. Although she lectured him a lot and made it seem like a chore for her to be helping him. She had given him multiple pieces of gear, rushed in to save him from certain death and even gave him the last item he needed to complete her mission. "Thank you for helping me back there, I'm not sure what I would of done if you hadn't been there to help. I promise I will try hard to avoid anymore mistakes and to learn from your example." As such a cocky and confident person Rook found it surprisingly easy to humble himself in front of his mentor.

As she walked in front of him, the blonde allowed herself to smile when Rook started thanking her: 'I'm not a good example to follow. If you didn't notice I'm heavily relying on equipment to fight.' she thought, immediately finding a reason to dismiss her rapier skills that she is so proud of. She coughs a couple of times to clear her voice and her mind of those thoughts before continuing. "You did fine the first couple of times, the last one was simply over your level. Don't let it distract you from the task that I'm going to give you now." she says in a normal tone that retained a shadow a severity and malice in it. As they reached The Lion's Den, Ariel opened the front door and motioned him to enter saying: "I know it's redundant but welcome to The Lion's Den, Apprentice Rookie!"

She then stepped in after him and went behind the counter, checking if there was somebody there leaving a order form while she was gone. She found none and frowned a little, then directed her attention towards Rook once again."Okay Rook here's your first task as Apprentice: You are to go to the shop's display and look at each item in particular. Then you shall make me a list with 3 rows: Plushie/Leather Armor/Clothing in which you shall list each item name per category." she takes a piece of paper and writes a example then flips it so that Rook can see:

Plushie: Dragon, ...etc

Leather Armor: Evasive Feature, ...etc

Clothing:  Plentiful Pain, ...etc

Walking over to the display case Rook couldn't help but wonder what taking an inventory of her shop had to do with crafting armor. As he stood in front of the display case he was dismayed but how the items were organized. From what he could tell she had laid them out by rarity instead of item type, the exact opposite of how she had asked him to categorize them. I wonder if this is payback for her having to help me in the woods? he wondered to himself. Not wanting to waste anymore time stewing over the task, Rook pulled out his pen and paper and got to work on the list.

Plushie: Rabbit's Foot, Four Leaves Clover, Yang, Dove, Grizzly, Taiga, Phoenix, Dragon, Leopard,

Leather Armor: Peach, Gentleman's Jacket, Gentleman's Gloves, Evasive FeatureAdventure Time, Swift Sensation, Rocker's Revenge,

Clothing: Gentleman's White Shirt, Evasive Feature (Women's edition),

Hand Wraps: Plentiful Pain

Surprisingly Rook made short work of compiling a list of the shops inventory, finishing after only a few minutes. Walking back over to Ariel he handed the list to her. "That was a piece of cake, what do you have for me next?" Rook asked with anticipation. 

The blonde took the list, looked at it for a second then without saying anything frowned, then she crumbled it into a small ball and threw it all across the shop, it landed in the chimney's fire making it let out a couple of cracking sounds. Her trusty companion simply raised her head and yawned before going back to sleep. Ariel then turned her gaze at Rook, still frowning:" First, there is no Yang item but Yin Yang, have you heard about the two terms? They form a old chinese taoist symbol for duality, in everything: light-darkness, good-bad , alive-DEAD, black-white and so on!" she started rubbing her forehead before continuing, she picked the paper she wrote on an put it in front of him. "Do you see the clothing category? what did I write?? Plentiful pain! Why would you go and put them in a new category? They might be used as weapons but are made from dense clothing like hard weaved silk (just made up that term). Even if they are used as weapons they are still a clothing item type." she let out a sigh before continuing.

"You probably ask yourself why I made you do my display inventory. Well, it was that so that you can learn the different types of items a Tailor can do. With 'live' examples that you could touch, feel and observe how they were made." she then showed a grin as she spoke: "Now apprentice for these 2 mistakes you'll have to mop the shop floors before I come back. I'll leave your supervisor in charge, make sure to 'listen' to her while I'm gone. Kimba!" and after making sure that her familiar was awoke and understood what she had to do, the blonde went into the backroom in search for something.

P.S: you can RP as Kimba showing you where the mop and bucket are and indicate with a roar or growl, the spots where Rook didn't clean properly.

Rook wasn't happy with the criticism he had received over his inventory list. Just because my sword is made of metal and I wear it on my back doesn't make it armor. Rook thought to himself as he watched Ariel go into the back room. Staring around the room for a moment, Rook was unsure of where to find the mop. Luckily or not for him however, Kimba had made her way over to a small closet and sat down next to it. Great, now I'm taking orders from a cat. Walking over to the closet, Rook opened it up and took out the mop and bucket. Staring back at the room, Rook new it would be pointless to mop with all the small pieces of dirt everywhere. Knowing Ariel who knows what she would make me do if she came back to find I just smeared dirt everywhere. Setting the mop back down and grabbing the broom, Rook set to work on sweeping the shop first. They could of made this word a little less realistic when you think about, why add dirt to clean? he thought to himself.

Once Rook had finished sweeping, taking special care to make sure he didn't miss any areas. Rook returned to the closet and swapped his broom back out for the mop and bucket. Keeping his mind focused on the task, Rook was hoping he could maybe get back on Ariel's good side if he impressed her with how clean the shop would be. Finishing up, Rook looked around the shop to admire his work. "So...." he said speaking to Kimba "You think she'll be impressed?" Watching Kimba, he was a bit dismayed as she made her way around the room pointing out small spots that he had missed. Well I guess I would rather have Kimba find my mistakes then Ariel he thought to himself. Following behind Kimba, Rook quickly cleaned up the spots the lion pointed out and before long even he was impressed with how good the shop was looking. Stowing the mop and bucket away back into the closet, Rook waited for Ariel to return from the back room.

((Sorry for the long wait!!))

Finding the items she was looking for the blonde waited a few minutes before coming back: 'Let Kimba evaluate him for a little more' she thought while looking at one item in particular. It evoked distant memories of her 'noob time' in SAO and the people she'd meet, one in particular that gave her that item. After a while she got tired and went through the backroom door back to the shop's main room thinking:'Ready or not here I come!'

As she joined the rest, the blonde was in a happy mood as she ignored Rook and looked around the shop before asking Kimba: "So what do you think? Did he do good?" she asked her companion. She wanted to 'hear' the white lion's opinion before officially accepting Rookie as her apprentice, if her companion didn't like him that would've been a serious problem. The white furball let out a powerful roar that shook the nearby cristalware "Okay then, Rookie catch!" she threw her a round box that made metallic sounds inside, like it was filled with something.

She then looks around once again and nods in satisfaction. She then looks at Rook and shows a smile, probably the first time he'd see her natural smile. "Okay then let's do some crafting then. Grab a couple of materials from there *she points towards the mats storage* and join me there*points towards her workstation*. Then proceeds to take her usual crafting spot while getting a chair from the nearby desk. Once Rook came with the mats she motions him to sit: "Okay watch and observe, this is lesson #1: How to cut and sew..the basics of this job." she then proceeded to making a random item as Rook would just observe, she'd stop and make remarks and give advices as she works, making sure he understood what she did.

Rook was pleased by Ariel's reaction when she finally returned to the room. Although she seemed to pay more attention to Kimba and ignore him entirely, he was pleased to not get another tongue lashing from her. Catching a small box that she threw to him, he didn't have time to ask what was in it. After being instructed by Ariel to retrieve some mats. Rook walked over and took two materials from the storage container and returned to the crafting station. Sitting after Ariel motioned for him to, Rook took special care to observe and remember everything Ariel was doing and saying. "So when do I get a go at it? He asked after observing her make the item.

After a short while Ariel finished the item *for commodity I'll post the description of a already crafted item* she double checked, making sure there aren't any flaws. Then she addresses Rook pointing towards the box she throwed him earlier: "Okay now open it. I'll have you know, that is a very special memento. Even if it has low value in col, that was the starting equipment my teacher gave me when she took me under her tutelage." she then hands him the item she just made. "Okay this if your first commissioned and teaching material. Make me a replica of it, you have 1 hour and a half!"

she then raises and gives him her seat. "I'll be watching your progress!"

*crafted item description* 

ItemGentleman's White Shirt

Item type : Clothing
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 Dmg Mit
Shop:  The Lion's Den
Description: A white silk shirt with discrete silver lining, can be used as part of a full suit or only with a decent pair pants (JEANS NOT included). They make their user look elegant.

-Item:

Name: Apprentice's Sewing Kit

Item Type: Tools

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +1 CD

Shop: The Lion's Den

Description: Ariel's first sewing kit that she received after finishing her apprenticeship under the NPC tailor Diana. Even if it contains basic tools user for tailoring plus a couple more that Ariel added, it has a high emotional value and it will only be passed on to Ariel's apprentice, as it was passed on to her by her teacher.

Rook opened up the box and retrieved the sowing kit that was inside. "Thank you, I know this means a lot to you and I wont let you down." Walking over to retrieve a large piece of white silk, Rook returned to the crafting station and spread the material out flat. Pondering for a moment as he looked at, he formed what he thought would be a good plan of action based on all the information he had received from listening to and watching Ariel. Not wanting to waste anymore time since he was on the clock. Rook set to work trimming and sowing the fabric into what he hoped would be a copy of Ariel's item. After only 5 or 10 minutes Rook set down his tools and inspected the item he had created. "Perfect" He thought to himself as he held up the item for his masters inspection.

"Okay then, with this your training is complete!" said the blonde while looking at Rooks stacked up items. It has passed a whole month since she decided to take him as a apprentice. She liked how clean her shop was now, not that is was dirty before but each time Rook would do something wrong ar she wouldn't approve of a item he'd make, the would find himself on cleaning duty. Be it about polishing the floors, emptying the chimney or removing the snow from above the shop, Ariel would always find a task for him to do in case of failure. Since then she'd transmitted her teaching, in the tailoring business to Rook, even training him combat-wise when they had some spare time.

Now she was looking at Rook's latest craft. A perfect item that she'd given him free pass to make it in a way he saw fit, while the item was within her requirements. At first she'd thought it would last longer but Rook managed to adapt fast and more importantly, listen to her advices. That combined with her somehow strict spartan-like trainings they finished in record time. Approximately the same time she'd spent at Diana's shop in her 'noob period' in SAO. "I have nothing more to teach you..basics wise you assimilated enough to start working on your own. Now it's up to you to decide what you want to do. Open a shop at a random or preferred floor *she lets out a smile while chuckling* just not to close of mine since I don't want any competition nearby!"

Rook had been training for over a month now, although he could of used this time to further his combat prowess and grow stronger, he didn't consider this a waste. Not only had he somewhat solved his gear problem but he had made a power friend and mentor in Ariel. Collecting his things, Rook made sure to say goodbye to Kimba, giving his one last scratch behind the ears. "I'm adding you to my friends list so we can stay in touch" he told Ariel. "I owe you a lot for everything you have done for me and taught me, if there is anything I can ever do to repay the debt all you have to do is ask and I'll be there." Having said his goodbyes to both Ariel and Kimba, Rook set back off into the world in search of another adventure.

Complete

Rewards

-Title Beginner Taylor

- 1 Skill Point

- 400 Col

- X mats to be rolled by GM

- Right to open up a shop