[PP-F5] Searching the Lost(Complete)

Trying to stay focused on the dark figure of Calrex as he scouted the room ahead. Rook stayed at the ready to respond at the first sign of trouble. As Calrex came back into the passage he had been waiting in. He informed Rook that there was another scorpion ahead in the room and that they would need to sneak past. Moving carefully behind Calrex, he kept his eyes focused to the ground, try to spot any lose ruble that might cause a noise and alert the scorpion. Luckily Calrex was watching the ground as well whispering the location of anything on the ground Rook might have over looked in the darkness. Now out of the room and into the next passage, Rook had a mixed feeling about what they might find ahead. "What's next?"  Rook asked.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calrex continued to look ahead as the two made their way through the tunnel, "Not really sure. Everything seems to look about the same for now. No monster though, which might be a good sign. I just hope we're heading in the right direction for the treasure."

As the tunnel opened up into another cavern Calrex assumed the same strategy as before, having Rook wait at the mouth of the tunnel as he scouted the room. This particular cavern seemed devoid of enemies, so he gave Rook the sign that the coast was clear, "We can probably catch our breath in here for now. Going from what I can tell these particular creatures' AI confine them to the individual caverns they are in."

With that he went over to a nearby elevated area and sat down, looking around, "How's your health looking so far?"

Watching as Calrex took a seat inside the cavern, Rook looked at his health after he asked him how he was doing. "Almost back at full health" Rook replied to Calrex. Thinking about going to snag a seat beside him, Rook still couldn't shake the gut feeling that he had that there was something in this room. "Are you sure you didn't see anything in here when you scouted it? I have a weird feeling about this place." Using caution, Rook slowly made his way around the room looking for whatever it was that his gut was telling him was in here.

Walking over to a dark outlet that ended in a dead in, Rook slammed his leg into something hard. Figuring that it must have been a rock, he placed his hands down onto it to try and feel his way around it. To his surprise however he felt wood underneath his hand. Dragging it along the surface he also felt the feeling of cold steel. Kneeling down beside the object to get a better look at it, Rook had an idea of what it might be. Grabbing a hold of the lock, his guess was verified. "Hey! I found it! I found the treasure chest!" Rook called out to Calrex.

ID: 13866 LD:20+2=22

"What?!"

Calrex looked over in surprise as Rook directed him over to the chest, jogging over towards it. "Huh, the wood must have made it blend into the environment when I was scouting around. That's awesome we found it."

"Now to open it. Best be careful though, if SAO's borrowed anything else from RPGs is that chests could be trapped or copied by a Mimic."

"Alright Rook, stand back a few paces. I'll see if I can get it open safely."

ID: 13867

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

Partial Success!

Calrex began to slowly open the chest, making sure he kept an eye for any possible wires or traps, or even a sign of magic in case there were any tricks ready to be sprung. As he reached 50% open he noticed some tension coming from the lid as he reached inside, feeling a wire latching onto the lid, "Aha, I suspected that there was a trap in here."

He took his Anneal Blade and carefully snipped the wire, making sure not to apply any further tension to the mechanism. After it fell limp he continued opening it, reaching about 95%. He smirked as he quickly opened it the rest of the way. Unfortunately his excitement proved a bad choice as there was a secondary trap that was set to spring once the lid fully opened. As he heard the familiar click he quickly braced himself as a smaller bomb went off, knocking him back on his butt, "Gah...almost had it."

He waved away most of the smoke as he looked inside, "Looks like we hit a pretty good haul, although I have a feeling there might have been more. Sorry, I got a little overzealous."

"I'll take half of the col and leave the rest plus the material for Rook. That way it's an even split."

Loot List:

100 col

1 material

- Calrex takes 50 col

50 col

1 material remaining in chest.

Calrex: 19/21 (-2 from trap activation)

Rook walked forward and collected his loot from the Chest. "Well, I wouldn't exactly say it's all of Kind Midas's gold, but I guess it is something."  Rook said to Calrex as he put the material into his inventory. "You think there is anything else in here worth retrieving? Or do you think we should head out and call it a day?" Rook asked as he let his eyes explore around the room looking for any other potential loot.

Calrex gave a few coughs as he tried to disperse the remaining smoke from the trap as he dusted himself off, "Well going from this particular room I think that these caverns serve as some sort of dungeon. I'm sure there might be possibly more chests around if we kept exploring. However while I'm good to continue, I'll leave it to your call. If you feel up for continuing we shall do so. If not it's not a long trip to get back to the entrance, save that one scorpion."

He gave a stretch as he felt his body already starting to recover from the trap, "It's a good thing that SAO incorporated that out of combat health regeneration. It would be cruel to be trapped in the game without."

Thinking about the time, Rook knew he had to head off to the meeting point. "I'll save the location on my map as well as add you to my friends list. I have a matter I have to attend to and it's getting pretty late in the day." Rook had enjoyed having someone to accompany him on a journey for once. Usually exploring alone, this adventure made him rethink his stance on being a solo player somewhat. "Anyway, if you want I'll hit you up in a few days and we can continue to explore the dungeon. Rook said as he readied himself to start heading back to the entrance.

Calrex nodded as Rook came to the decision to call it a day for now. They would return back to the dungeon at a later time to explore further within, "Sounds good. It would be a good idea to get back before it gets dark. The field zones tend to become fiercer at night."

As Rook headed back towards the entrance Calrex followed behind, although he did occasionally peek around to make sure no new enemies had spawned, "But definitely feel free to let me know the next time you want to explore this place further. I'm curious to see what else might be further inside."'

"That way when we return again we'll both be stronger, and thus would be able to venture further before we need to rest. That giant bat wasn't very difficult, but a few good hits still forced us to take it slow afterwards. At least this way we can possibly proceed faster."