Rui's Journal (Finished)

jzx6XBu.jpg

r u i / a i n c r a d / l v . 1

Judge a book by its cover only if you've read every chapter.

My name is Ritsuka Ueda. In-game, I'm known as Rui.
"Rui" comes from the letters "Ri" and "U" of my names.

I am 23 years old. My birthday is January 21st, 1992.
Secretly, it makes me happy when people remember it.

My gender is male. My orientation is heterosexual.
Not to say you guys aren't attractive, though.

I'm 5'10", and am only about 130 lbs.
I'm a pretty weak-looking guy.

qAoUyhM.png

What can't be erased, can merely be forgotten.

Ritsuka grew up focused on gaming since he was a young child. While most other students dwelled on grades, gaming was easily the center of his life. His parents despised his love for gaming, addressing it as a "bad habit"; while away at school, his mother would sell his systems, cartridges, discs, and anything else they felt distracted their son from his studies. Ritsu didn't understand how fearful his parents were of technology. How could they hate something that held such beautiful places, very real experiences that people could only dream of seeing in the real world? He felt he could be free within his games, free to be himself and not what his parents or school wanted him to be. To Ritsu, the possession of his own identity was the most important thing he had, and the one thing he feared being taken away from him.

With the pressures of his parents and his school work bearing down on his individuality, Ritsuka's focus became more inward. During high school he turned fully to video games, which he now played solely on his computer, in order to immerse and get away from the real world. He became obsessed with virtual reality, and dreamed of a game where he could fully be himself; a place where he could be enveloped in his own mind, living within a perfect, internal world. But such things seemed intangible, and even more so after graduating--not any amount of escapism would sustain the desires of his quickly maturing mind. He found that no game could reach out to him like they could when he was younger. Getting a low-paying part-time job and moving away from his disappointing parents, Ritsuka fell in a state of depression, unable to reach that world through games. That perfect place.. It was all Ritsu could hope to find in his lifetime, if at all.

Sword Art Online. It was as if his fantasy had come true. Ritsuka wished he was lucky enough to play through the beta test, but knew his chance to play would come if he beat the main wave of consumers. He waited at the store for over an entire day, making sure he would be one of the first to purchase the game and Nervegear helmet on release day. So excited he could barely contain himself, Ritsu augmented his gear and flung himself on his bed, closing his eyes and resting in an odd moment of peace. Finally, the day had arrived. Ritsu could go home. He could be himself. He could be free, at last, in a world of perfection.

Link Start!

BD9pcse.png

To be complex is to be human, to be beautiful.

s i r e n s - p e a r l  j a m

Rui is an idealist, a lover, a perfectionist, and a feeler. His primary passion in life is to be himself, and to express himself. He enjoys helping those close to him, and protecting those he sees as innocent. Rui has an extreme dislike for conformity and suppression of the self, and will fight with everything he has to maintain his person. He greatly fears losing everyone close to him, but his biggest fear is losing himself.

Virtues

Perceptive: Though Rui mostly stays inside his thoughts, he pays attention to the most minute details when it comes to people and feelings. He can usually spot when someone is distraught or depressed given how they act or how they sound, or even just the details in their expressions.

Devoted: Rui stays loyal to his friends and close ones. Abandonment bothers him deeply, which ensures Rui doesn't make anyone else feel abandoned. He has a hard time prying himself away from bad relationships, and will likely give people more chances than they deserve.

Nurturing: Rui enjoys providing for and protecting his close relationships. If someone is going through a tough time, Rui will talk it out with the person and help them feel better. Rui's instinctively helps random strangers if he thinks they're in need, unless they make him feel strange.

Flaws

Reserved: Rui keeps to himself, and finds it hard to open up to others. Though he desires the comforts of being accepted, most of the time Rui doesn't think anyone would accept him, so he does things on his own. Even with those close, he can be hesitant about expressing his feelings.

Sensitive: Rui intensely dislikes emotional conflicts. It's difficult for him to not take comments and criticisms personally. Rui tends to let issues build up, but he is open about confrontations and will explain his feelings if he believes it will make the relationship grow stronger.

Altruistic: Rui is selfless to the point of not paying attention to his own needs. He will agree and do things that maybe he wouldn't normally do, especially if it means helping someone else. This wears him down, especially if he feels like he can't open up to the other person about it.

SrHIXaq.png

Fearing death every day is what brings you to life.

Skills

(will complete when skills are sorted out)

Inventory

10 bread
15 water
1 One-handed Longsword
Winter Yukata

Relationships

None currently.

2V4c783.jpg

Reality exists only as how we percieve it to be.

History

[solo/private/open] LinkedTitle
[solo/private/open] LinkedTitle - in progress