SP-F2 (Long Live The Queen) "That Stinging Feeling"

Wandering through the starting city I find a notice board labeled "Information Broker Freebie!" The advertisement noted a revealed floor boss on the second floor. The Wind Wasp Queen! Psh, how hard could a little bee be? I'm sure I can do it myself just fine! I accepted the quest attached to the ad. Well looks like I need to make a trip to the 2nd floor. I stepped on to the nearest pad and spoke "2nd floor" I was instantly beamed to a small village. Doesn't look like much to be honest. I started my walk towards the fields where the boss was known to be located.

The fields seemed calm as I strode onto the plains. Wind Wasps wandered about, the deeper I went in, the more that seemed to appear. What could they be protecting? I waked closer and close until I was surrounded by Wasps. "Well this doesn't make me uncomfortable at all" I noted sarcastically. "I hate wasps...nothing but a nuisance. Have never seen a use for them, even in the real world. At least here they may be worth something." I got closer to the center of the plains. A loud buzzing sound, louder than any of the others began to sound in my ear. A massive Wind Wasp, probably about 5x the size of the others, rose out of the hoards. I am going to enjoy this way too much.

I drew Immortal Fang from his sheathe. "Well my dear, it seems your rule is at an end! Prepare to be dethroned!" I charged at the Matriarch. She was was fast but I could predict some of her movements. Adjusting my footing I prepared to make a strong lunge for her mid section. Let's make this quick. I got a schedule to keep. 

BD:8

MD:1

Success! The tip of my blade lands square in the chest (or what I hoped was her chest) It writhes around erratically and buzzes loudly in my ear, falling on its back. 

Xanatos: 22/22

Wind Wasp Queen 26/30 (-4) 

The Queen wiggles itself back up to stability. "Ha! You might as well give up now. This quest is recommended for groups but I don't even see the challenge!" I dashed towards the creature as fast as I could, hoping to catch it off guard. I raise Fang in order to slice across its side.

BD:8

MD:4

Shook! The blade cuts cleanly across the side of the Queen. It waddles and sways in the air but remained shaken up and confused by the strength and speed of the blow. I felt a sense of satisfaction on the maneuver working as well as it did!

Xanatos 22/22

Wasp Queen 22/30 (-4)

I scrape the ground as I run at the Queen again. I plan a series of strikes that hope to decimate her resolve. "I can and will break you. After all, nature can be tamed. You will be no exception!" Getting in close I swipe down and across the Queen abdomen.

BD:1

MD:9

I trip and fall into the Queens stinger. It pierces my arm and sends a numbing feeling through it. Damn that hurt! I need to be a bit more cautious, getting alittle carried away here...good to see Oikawas handiwork is holding up.

Xanatos 21/22 (3-4 DMG MIT= 1)

Wasp Queen 22/30

Getting up from my little mishap I swipe the dirt off of Fang. "Can't avoid some mistakes every now and then. No matter, you will be gone soon enough!" I walk swiftly towards the Queen again, this time decide to go for another lunge. This worked well enough last time. Just time to whittle her down.

BD:9 (Critical!)

MD:6

Fang penetrates deep into the chest of the Queen again. Man, I'm getting a lot better at that! Maybe I should try something a bit more complicated next. Perfect practice makes perfect!

Xanatos 21/22

Wasp Queen 17/30 (-5)

I feel myself barely even fatigued as the Queen listed about. She was about halfway down in HP. This is too easy...what is the catch? Or is this really meant for lower level players? I drew Fang out to a swiping position. Let's see of I can try this again. I swipe Fang down and across the Queens abdomen.

BD:5 (+3 ACC)=8

MD:2

I felt the hairs of my arm raise up. The sound and feel of a successful hit gave me chills as I watched the Queen health meter drop abruptly. I always enjoy the rush a graceful tact gives me. Finesse is key to a swift victory

Xanatos 21/22

Queen Wasp 13/30 (-4)

With the Queen slowly getting weaker and weaker with every hit. I sense its fatigue. "I ain't even tired yet! C'mon! This can't be all you're made of!" The Queen seemed to respond by steadying herself. It's got spirit I'll give it that. But it takes a lot ,ore than spirit just to be the strongest. A popular show taught me that getting pumped up alone won't save you. I run up to the Queen and slice down at an angle across the Queens abdomen.

BD:9 (Critical!)

MD:4

Hehe...Fang carves straight through the Queen. Her body beaten and broken she retreated from me. Hehe...seems shes finally realized her situation.

Xanatos 21/22

Wasp Queen 8/30 (-5)

Fang and I were a team. His sharpness and accuracy will win me many battles. The best defense is sometimes the best offense. Put your enemy on the defense so they cannot pressure you into situations you can't handle. This Queen was my prey. She was dead the moment I chose to pursue her. Relentless, graceful attacks. That's how you defeat an enemy. I drew Fang to a lunging pose. "This time I will put you down for good!"

BD:10 (Critical!)

Another perfect jab! Fang dug deep into the chest of the Queen, making a third hole. The grouping was so tight an eraser couldn't even fit between the marks!

Xanatos 21/22

Queen Wasp 2/20 (-6)

The Queen fell on it's back. Sprawling and wiggling itself around wildly. I walked over to the hulking mass of about to be pixels. "Another beast falls at my feet. You were not even a challenge. You landed one blow, a minor one at that.You are weak." I walked over to the head of the Queen. It's insect eyes creep me out. "Farewell". I plummeted Fang towards the skull of the queen.

BD:7

MD:DEAD

LD:3

Fang punctured straight through the skull of the Queen. It wiggled for a second then evaporated into pixels. The loot screen for the queen appeared:

<<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.

Ahhh That felt beautiful. And hey, not a bad loot drop for little to know real danger. I wonder if this is repeatable at all? I began to walk towards the village when I felt the stinging sensation from earlier resurface. "Agh!" The pain was more intense, and was growing. My vision blurred for a moment. Then a mass group of Wasp Drones surrounded me! Aaaaaand theres the catch. There's a;ways gotta be something huh? I dart for the nearest drone, hoping to deal some good damage.

BD:2

MD:2

The first drone moved out of my way. "Damn..."

Xanatos 21/22

Drone 1 11/11

Drone 2 11/11

Drone 3 11/11

The three drones seem to move in sync with each other. Their movements seemed calculated and strategic. They surrounded me and attacked me all at once. I waited for my chance to duck and raise Fang above my head, hoping to hit at least one of them.

BD:6+3 ACC=9 (No Crit)

My plan succeeded! One of the drones flew straight into the blade as it collided with the others. Well it seems that they are no more intelligent than their once and never future queen. The Drones regrouped and prepared for their next attack.

Xanatos 21/22

Drone 1 7/11 (-4)

Drone 2 11/11

Drone 3 11/11

I steadied my stance and looked around for the Drones. They were nowhere to be seen. Among all the buzzing and commotion it was hard to keep track of them at times. I looked around and finally looked up to see three stingers diving in fast at me! I sprung my legs trying to dodge them as I swiped Fang upwards.

BD:2

MD:3

I managed to dodge the bees dive bomb, but was unable to really deal any damage. Dang nuisances.... "Come at me little guys, don't you want to avenge the death of your Queen? Or does nature have no such desire?"

Xanatos 21/22

Drone 1 7/11

Drone 2 11/11

Drone 3 11/11

The Drones rotated around me, trying to confuse me with their numbers. Ha you won't trick me. This isn't my first rodeo. I took Fang in my hand and prepared for a calculated counter-strike. The Drones stopped and went at me one by one, I felt their buzzing getting close and struck out at each of them as they strafed past.

*Shing!* Fang sliced one of the Drones straight down it's abdomen, dealing a decent amount of damage and throwing their pattern off sync.

Xanatos 21/22

Drone 1 3/11

Drone 2 11/11

Drone 3 11/11

One of the drones began to become sluggish and lose syncopation with the group. I saw this as my opportunity to strike and end it. I lunged straight towards the weakened Drone. The drone tried to retreat but found itself helpless to face my attack.

BD: 5 +3 ACC=8

MD: 8

LD:2

The Drone was struck straight across by my blow but its friends managed to get a decent blow on my exposed skin. The stinging numbed my arm, making it hard to move. Dang, if I keep getting hurt like this, I'll freeze up. I decid to wait for the end of the battle to assess all my loot.

Xanatos 19/22 (-2)

Drone 1 DEAD

Drone 2 11/11

Drone 3 11/11

The other two Drones did not seem to be phased by the death of their comrade. One down, two to go. One by one they will fall. "Not even a cry or a noise for your dead fellow Drone? What a shame...shows just how harsh nature can be on the weak...." I swung Fang straight up and across the next Drone. 

BD:6

MD:6 -1 EVA=5

The second Drone flew right into Fang. The cut drew across the Drone and threw it off path. I barely dodged the third Drone. It buzzed right past my ear, nearly deafening me for a moment.

Xanatos 19/22

Drone 1 DEAD

Drone 2 7/11

Drone 3 11/11

The second Drone seemed to grow erratic in movement. Without its friends it can't seem to execute more difficult maneuvers. Without friends, one cannot hope to prevail over a powerful foe. Even nature seems to know this lesson all too well. Strength in numbers. I exploit the second Drones weakness and dash towards it, attempting to slash the Drone in half.

Fang sliced through the Drones wings, cutting the thin material and forcing it to spiral out of control. The third Drone seemed to be just as confused as it's companion after being thrown off by the ruckus. 

Xanatos 19/22

Drone 1 DEAD

Drone 2 3/11

Drone 3 11/11

The second Drone lulls about, weakened and defeated. It drew up its sting and charged towards me for one last ditched effort before dying. The Third Drone seemed to respond by doing the same. They both came at me, one with sluggish speed, the other was quick and agile. Could they be attempting a distraction tactic? I ducked and shoved Fang out towards the weaker drone. 

BD:5 (+3 ACC)

MD:8

LD:12

The second drone was instantly eviscerated by Fang. It exploded into pixels before me. The third drone managed to drive its stinger into my arm again. "FU%& That hurts!"

Xanatos 18/22

Drone 1 DEAD

Drone 2 DEAD

Drone 3 11/11

It was finally just me and the final Drone. It was still in perfect health and seemed much more put together than its brothers. I guess without it's brothers confusion passing on to him, he is much stronger than before. Although alone he is no longer hindered by the weakness of his allies. Once again Mother Nature, you scary. I ready Fang, squaring him with the Drone. "Come at me!" I dash at the Drone slicing upwards.

BD:4 (+3 ACC)=7

MD:6 -1 EVA=5

Narrowly dodging the Drones strike, I land a nice blow on the Drones abdomen. 

Xanatos 18/22

Drone 1 DEAD

Drone 2 DEAD

Drone 3 7/11

The drone shook off the blow , forgetting the fact that it missed it's blow. It spun in almost every direction, it was almost a blur. The buzzing seemed to be coming from all around. My headed darted around the field. Making my best bet, I stuck Fang straight out, anticipating where the Drone will fly next.

BD:9 (Critical)

MD:10 (Critical)

A smile of satisfaction came across my face as Fang struck the Drone. It spun wildly, cutting me with it's stinger. "Yikes, Glad you're the last one. How much longer you gonna last with those gashes little one?"

Xanatos 15/22

Drone 1 DEAD

Drone 2 DEAD

Drone 3 3/11