[SP-F2] Blade of Night <<Blade of Dreams>> (Completed!)

Takneil yawned loudly as he walked through the city, he had woken up late today and ended up missing a hunt with his friends. slowing his pace as he pushed past the many Players and NPCs the boy looked for a place that he could favor...like the fountain on the first floor, frowning in disappointment Takneil turned a corner when something caught his eye. a newish looking shop, biting his bottom lip nervously the boy hesitantly observes the building from afar...

He knew he needed a new sword if he were to continue on into the higher levels but he didn't know if he could afford a new weapon or not. shrugging it off Takneil entered the shop. "Hey?, anybody here?" he called out not wanting to intrude if he wasn't welcome.

"One moment please!"a small voice echoed from the back of the shop. Takneil nodded as he looked to the weaponry on the walls, "this stuff looks amazing..." he mused to himself as he heard a small clattering as a small girl entered the room. "Hey!, sorry about that...I was busy" she stated as she walked up to the boy. "What do you need?" she asked.

Clearing his throat Takneil set his gaze to the girl. "I'm looking for a new weapon, a curved sword to be precise" he states. realizing he hadn't introduced himself the boy bowed apologetically. "Sorry, I'm Takneil" he introduced himself.

Offering a sweet smile the girl bowed in response. "I am Sai, now then you said you were looking for a new weapon, am I correct Sir?" she asked to confirm the players request.

Nodding his head to acknowledge Sai, The boy continued to look at a particular weapon on a wall. "what about this one?" he asked admiring the craftsmanship of the blade. pausing for a moment Takneil formed a stupefied expression...did he just introduce himself to an NPC?.

Lifting a thoughtful finger Sai hummed as if deciding if he could buy the blade or not though she already knew the answer, a smirk danced it way across her lips as she left the boy in his thoughts...momentarily. 

Sai nodded her head happily as she took the blade away from the boy. "Nope" she said sweetly as she set the weapon back in it's rightful position on the wall. "these weapons are not for sale...at least to you" offering a smile to Takneil awaiting his response.

The boy frowned as Sai took the weapon away from him. "wait, what do you mean by 'at least to you'?" he said taking offense to the comment, if he couldn't even manage to buy a weapon from an NPC how was he supposed to get a new sword?. sighing he looked to the girl. "Then how am I going to get a weapon?" he asks hoping to at least walk out of the shop with a slightly stronger weapon.

The girl pointed a finger at Takneil. "you have to get me the materials" she states after placing her hands on her hips. "tell me, what do you want your weapon to be like?" nodding to the various weapons on the walls around the shop. "I can make you a light weapon or a heavy weapon, long,short,curved, and straight...just tell me what your Blade of Dreams is like

Takneil stood there speechless as the girl told him to gather the materials for her. "Wait, you're going to make me a blade?" he asked a little confused by the events that had just transpired, how was he going to afford a custom weapon? he had nowhere near enough Col to request something like that. clearing his throat the boy chuckled nervously. "Well you see...there is no way I could afford to buy something like that so do you have any somewhat better weapons than my basic weapon?" he asked Sai eager to be rid of the flimsy sword. 

Sai's smile seemed to keep increasing as the boy explained to her why he couldn't buy a custom weapon. "Of course I have a better weapon than that stick" she stated confidently but she wasn't going to give him one nor let him buy one...no this guy was going to get his own custom weapon from her Col or not. "Ah but see Sir, your request will be free!" she exclaimed happily full well knowing that the player would gladly accept the blade now that he would know t was free. 

"so you're allowing me to request a weapon for free?, wow" he states a little disbelieving of the matter but he soon shrugs it off, it wasn't everyday somebody offers to make you a free weapon. placing a thoughtful hand on his chin the boy thinks on what he would want his blade to be. "Well...to begin with I want to be light and swift but balanced so I can perform fluid attacks with it" he states knowing that the faster his weapon the better chance he had to survive against an opponent. "I want the blade to be long probably around two ft and have a curve to the blade" he says. Takneil was liking what he had thought up of the weapon so far but he wanted go a bit unique, make something that was fitting of himself. "If you could, I want the blade to have almost tribal like edges...and have the blade in an X like fashion giving the end of the sword an pointed tip" he explains finding his request to his liking.

Sai raises an arched brow at the boy's description of the desired weapon. "So you want the sword to have four edges? that's a very strange request" she muses as she thinks on how she might go about making something as such, flashing Takneil a smile she nods. "I always love a challenge, will that be all? you do know that I can color the blade,add accessories such as ribbons,hilt guards, etc... " she explains wanting her customer to have what he desires.

• 2 weeks later...

Nodding in response Takneil offers a smile. "Yeah I kinda figured I could choose the appearance and color" he states as he tries his best to imagine the blade in his head. "I want the blade to be black...and have wrappings on the hilt." he says unable to find any real other thing he would want for the sword...but what about other things?. 

Tapping his finger on his chin the boy glances to Sai. "Well that's all I have for the sword" he states. after taking down several notes on how she would design the blade to meet the players requirements. "Alright, if that is all this is what you will need to do-" being swiftly cut off by the same voice Sai frowns what else could the player want?. 

• 1 month later...

"Sor-sorry...I was just wondering how difficult this would be?, as you can see the only thing I have that could count towards not being default is my pants" he explains, the boy wasn't to keen on risking his life without his allies to back him up. viewing his attire the boy groans, he really needed to fix that, maybe something that could allow him to withstand a bit more damage. 

The girl sighed at the players worry, honestly what did he expect her to do? send him on a quest to slay the dragon? maybe later..."well if you were to gather the materials from the creatures it would go faster but if you don't feel like doing combat the materials you are looking for are hard to find outside of getting it from a direct source" she explains, Sai didn't want to wait longer than she had to in order to forge the blade but she gave off a helpless shrug. At least it would be better than not receiving the items at all. "Just get me the materials and I will give you the sword."

Takneil nods as the girl answers his question, so he would have to spend a decent amount of time in order to find the materials without engaging in combat. "Hey, I would rather live being patient then I would being impulsive. not just that but I get to explore the area before taking on any other quests, so I guess the information is really worth the searching" he muses knowing how knowing an area can be an advantage against enemies though he would have to keep an eye out for other players so he didn't get ambushed. "Well I'm heading out, just send me a list of the materials I'll need" he calls out as he exits the shop.

Placing a hand on her hip Sai lets out an annoyed sigh. "He could have at least bothered to give a proper goodbye, all well. I suppose I should get that list to him before he comes back" the blacksmith turns around as if looking for something then tilts her head. "What did he want again?"

"Thank god that's over, another second of being that nice I might have hurled" he stated as he departed from the shop, normally the boy would have been more appreciative of the NPC but he could tell that there was sarcasm in some of her responses...how the developers were able to incorporate sarcasm into an A.I., if that was what was used for the creation. was beyond him. letting out an annoyed sigh Takneil made his way towards the exit of the city so he could gather the required materials.

The boy debated whether or not he should stop into another shop to pick up some items just case he ran into trouble, "I'm not sure if I even have enough...I mean I don't have that much Col right now." groaning he pushed past the crowd not wanting to ponder on his current financial crisis.

Standing before the exit the boy bit his lip nervously as he worked up the nerve to finish what he had set out to do, he would have to be really careful once he went out there. granted he has grinded on his own before but he had stayed near the entrance so he could easily escape since he had no Teleportation Crystals. tightening his fist Takneil spat out in disgust. "Enough of this hesitation bull crap! If I am going to continue through this game I need to get stronger..." he shouts out causing a couple of players to startle and back away from him in confusion. "um...sorry?" he apologizes, looking forward he gulps. "Whelp here we go..."

"Why hasn't that damn blacksmith given me the list yet?" he whispered as he dove into a bush to hide from a passing monster, he was really far away from the city and if he were to run into something that was over his head he wasn't sure if he could make it to a safe zone in time. Nearly stepping out from the bush a Wolf walked in front of him. 'Phew that was to close.' he thought to himself as he watched the wolf walk by. "I need to get out of here" he stated quietly as he began moving in the opposite direction.

The boy let out a relieved breath as he scaled up a tree for safety, hearing a familiar *ding* Takneil groaned as he opened the message. "About time!"

"Hey there! Sorry gathering the list was so late I forgot most of what you said so it took me longer to figure out the materials but now I have them for you!

-3 Black Lotus

-2 Obsidian

Sincerely your favorite Blacksmith

Sai

P.S. Hurry up!, I'm getting bored..."

Growling in response Takneil swiftly swiped the message away and carried on. "wonderful, this will be fun." he said while rolling his eyes. using the trees the boy swiftly moves along keeping an eye out for any of the required items. "Wait a sec...how in gods name am I going to find Obsidian!?" he exclaims before stopping in his tracks spotting something that looked along the lines of what he was looking for. "You're kidding me...it's never this easy"

Jumping down the tree Takneil quickly examined the area for any enemies, letting out an annoyed sigh he looked to the cause of his uneasiness. A flower resting on the ground...'Black Lotus'', slowly advancing the boy readies his sword as he nears it. It was never this easy but yet here was one the materials Sai asked for, taking one last look around the thick woods Takneil plucked the flower. "Wow...it was actually that easy" he stated in wonder as he added the Material to his inventory. "Alright...I guess I have to collect two more of those" he says as he begins to move on, hearing the fast approach of steps the boy turns around to come face to face with a Wolf. "Oh" he managed as he fell into a battle stance. "Well, looks like it wasn't as easy as I thought"   

ID:17056

Battle Die:9 (Critical Success!) +1 to Damage dealt...

Craft Die:4

Loot Die:19

MOB Die:9 - 1 from Evasion= 8 (Critical Success!) +1 to Damage dealt...

As the two glared at each other the Wolf let out a snarl as it moved forward, kicking off of the ground it soon was airborne. Smirking Takneil shifted his stance letting the blade point outward, solidifying his posture the Wolf swiftly twisted in air to lessen the total damage the player would have dealt to it. Watching as his blade slashed into the Monster's side the boy yelped as it took him to the ground chomping into his shoulder. 

Combat Report!

-Takneil dealt 2+1 Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf 2+1 Damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 20/23

MOB 1-Wolf: 11/14

Struggling against the Wolf, Takneil let out a deep growl as he felt the coldness creep into his mind. 'No!, not now I need to do this under my own strength!' he thought frantically as it took over, all emotion voided from the boy he let out a deep below of laughter as the pain in his shoulder became nothing more than a mere annoyance...and that was all this enemy was. Bashing the the swords hilt into the head of the Wolf, Takneil kicked the monster off of him. "I am not one for being taken down by dull, pathetic, and worthless beast. so why not call it a day? go on! I'm giving you a chance to right the wrong of attacking a God" he stated as he brushed off the tattered trench coat. "You would have thought I would have better equipment by now" looking to notice the Wolf still snarling at him the wound from The Player's previous attack still grew red. "Ah so doggy wants the job to be finished, fine..." he said as the Wolf charged him once more.

ID:17057 

Battle Die:8 (Success!)

Craft Die:4

Loot Die:4

MOB Die:6-1=5 (Failure!)

Takneil easily sidestepped past the creature in it's pointless assault, with a flick of his blade he slashed across the Wolf's side once more causing it to howl out in anger. 

Combat Report!

-Takneil dealt 2 Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf Failed to deal damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 20/23

MOB 1-Wolf: 9/14

twirling the blade in his hand Takneil tapped his chin thoughtfully with his free hand as he circled the Monster. "You know? most wouldn't even take the time to acknowledge me and for that! I truly am grateful." tapping the sword on the ground the boy chuckled. "Who knows!? maybe I can make a pelt out of you...wait would the system allow me to do that?" he rambles on. with the Wolf struggling to read it's opponent it snarls and prepares for another attack.

ID:17182

Battle Die:2 (Failure!)

Craft Die:10

Loot Die:9

MOB Die:9 (Critical Success!)

not paying attention Takneil roared out in anger as a sharp pain shot up his leg, the Wolf had managed to get a hold of his leg. "Aren't I the one who is suppose to do that to you?" he asks ignoring the pain, shaking the creature off the boy limps to lean against a tree. "I'm too tired for this crap, attack me again...and I will end everything that is you" he threatens sticking his sword into the ground,

Combat Report!

-Takneil failed to deal Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf dealt 2+1 Damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 17/23

MOB 1-Wolf: 11/14

The Wolf let out a triumphant howl and rushed in not caring to even begin to try to comprehend the Players's threat, snapping it's jaws it lunged at the boy many times flaunting about it's win thinking it;s enemy had given up. "You keep that trap shut or I will be shoving something in it that won't taste good" Takneil threatened one last time waiting for the creature to attack. 

ID:17183

Battle Die:10 (Critical Success!)

Craft Die:9

Loot Die:2

MOB Die: 4-1=3 from Evasion (Failure!)

Failing to understand the Player's threat it lunged for him going for his throat. "I told ya something wouldn't taste nice" Takneil grumbled as he rolled to the side taking the sword with him. "Now I'm going to woof' your butt...was that good? I don't know it seemed a bit dull" he muses. remembering the task at hand the boy yawned as he threw the sword forward burying itself just above the Wolf's shoulder, "Hmm?, it seems I'm a bit rusty...well let's fix that shall we?" he chuckles as he attempt to pull out the blade, finding the attempt just as fruitless as the creatures attack. "Uh oh..."

Combat Report!

-Takneil dealt 4 Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf failed to deal Damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 17/23

MOB 1-Wolf: 7/14

Pulling back on the sword the Wolf howled in pain as it moved about inside of it's body. "Well!?, you shouldn't have attacked me!" Takneil roared. letting out another howl the Wolf attacked the boy lunging for his leg. stepping back quickly Takneil barely dodged the attack but had let go of the sword. "HEY! Do you want to be walking around with a sword stuck in your shoulder? cause at this point I'm tempted to give it to you! God forbid you get tetanus...wait is that possible?" he muses once more. "AH! screw it all. Time for your shot!" he roars grabbing for the sword. 

ID:17214

Battle Die:5

Craft Die:5

Loot Die:5

MOB Die:8

The Wolf taking advantage of the Player steps to the side. "Wait?, you stupid BIT-" he roars out as he falls to the ground. feeling pain shoot through his arm once more Takneil grits hit teeth together and pulls away. "THAT'S IT WE ARE THROUGH!"

Combat Report!

-Takneil failed to deal Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf dealt 2 Damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 15/23

Growling lowly Takneil ripped his arm away from the jaws of the Wolf's mouth. "I have given you everything! and this is how you treat me!?" the boy roars the question as he grasps the handle of his sword. "Well I'm about to say we split!" he yells as he tugs on the blade with all of his might. feeling the pain shoot up his arm Takneil grits his teeth. 'Damn that hurts'

ID:17324

Battle Die:5

Craft Die:8

Loot Die:5

MOB Die:9

As the boy pulled out the sword the Wolf lunged out clawing him across the chest. "OW!, GOD DAMN IT!" he roared out in pain as the claws slashed through his skin. "You know what? I'm done making threats...I'm just going to kill you"

Combat Report!

-Takneil failed to deal Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf dealt 3 Damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 12/23

Not giving the Wolf another chance to attack him for free Takneil roared out in anger as he kicked off the ground raising his sword high. "I am not kidding around anymore!" he yelled. remembering Calrex's words the boy let out a calming breath, he needed his attacks to count not miss. "I need to be in Harmony" he said to himself as he moved.

ID:17326

Battle Die:8 (Success!)

Craft Die:5

Loot Die:3

MOB Die:7-1=6 (Success!)

focusing his thoughts Takneil guided his blade without thought, allowing it to slash across the wolf's side though he groaned as he felt the stinging pain of the monsters claws once more.

Combat Report!

-Takneil dealt 2 Damage to Mob 1-Wolf.

-Mob 1-Wolf dealt 2 Damage to Takneil.

HP LIST

Takneil: 10/23

MOB 1-Wolf: 5/14