[PP-F1] Beginners On The Hunt

I walk to the edge of town, and reach out to touch the wall protecting it. It feels cool and hard, and so real. I feel like this is really happening, but it's just a game....just a game. I step outside and am greeted with a soft breeze. The air smells sweet and fresh, the lush green grass, the bright blue sky, the warm sun makes this feel like a dream. I snap back to reality, or virtual reality, "Hello? Is anyone here? You guys here yet?" I shout before finding a sunny spot on the grass to sit on while I wait for my party, who are apparently not here, to arrive - earlier on I met a few people willing to go hunting with me, so I guess we were to meet near the beginner hunting areas -. I wonder if I should start getting experience or just wait for the people to come. I make up my mind, it can't hurt to get the slightest bit of XP can it? I mean, I'm still waiting for them right? It's not a bad thing to take a step ahead, especially when the people you're with are already a step ahead.

ID: 13883     BD: 7      MOB: 5      LD: 7

[Moriko]

[boar(Moriko)]

[Moriko]

I feel overwhelmed as I swing my flanged mace and, since I don't know what I'm doing half the time, I'm shocked to see a box appear with the words CONGRATULATIONS! The boar I was fighting is no longer in front of me; I killed it. My first fight, first time ever in this world. No help at all! I feel so overwhelmed, then I realize; that was one boar, one mob in a world with 100 floors, and so many players and mobs! This was one boar, on one floor. I feel kinda put down at that thought, but then I guess every newbie starts out like this. I expect to get something, but nothing. No materials, no Col, no loot at all. Now I'm even more put down. Oh well, I'll just have to live with it. That's enough fighting for now, so I just go and sit down on my sunny patch of grass and wait for my party. Waiting here makes me realize something, something I can't quite put my finger on....then it hits me, "I'm lonely" I say surprisingly aloud. Then I lie down, and start to cry.

(OOC: hey check that little mailbox of yours I've sent you some PM's to help you out. Also don't forget to read my details in my signature down below)

Me and maruchan (my familiar) were walking back to the starting town oddly enough not sprinting. Eventually I saw a girl who looked as if she was waiting for a party. Me and maruchan stopped and watched from afar as she killed a boar and then wierdly enough starting crying. I tried to turn around to go back to the woods but maruchan blocked my path and made me go talk to her. So I walked up with my pup trailing behind and gently put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey there something gotcha down?" I asked the girl as I sat down next to her.

"I get it your lonely here, in this game. I was just like you once. Until the day I met someone who I will never forget... It's not a lover or anything like that... I mean this woman scares the hell out of me, look her name is Kiru and... Whatever." I started to tell the girl.

Maruchan then walked over and lied down on her lap.

"Look here there's ten thousand people in this game right? So none of us are alone then, if you think about it in a wierd way... We're all in this together." I said to the girl while putting on a smile.

I look to the odd person who randomly sat down beside me, then I smile and say " Yeah that's right. I suppose I would've never thought of it that way!" I look down and see a creature on my lap. I'm shocked at first, but then smile at it and pet it. "So what is this thing? How'd you get it?" I ask, and I suddenly, feel like we've been friends for a long time.

"Oh so your interested in Maruchan aren't you? Well I got him in a quest to become a beast tamer. It's pretty difficult to do now however." I explained to the now happy girl.

I then got up and dusted myself off. To think this player was weeping her eyes out and all it took was for me to say a few words for her to put on a smile. I wasn't particularly planning on doing anything right now. Maybe I should show this girl a good time atleast for now. So I decided that with her permission I would show her what else me and maruchan could do.

"Hey this might sound wierd but... Wanna ride on my back? You see me and maruchan aren't just player and familiar were also acrobats and performers." I said as I squated down in front of the player with my backed turned waiting for her to get on.

"Sure"! I say, although I don't know why. I stop myself before I hop on and remember something important. "How rude of me! I'm Moriko, it's nice to meet you," I say as if we had just met. I get onto his back. Now I have a little better view of everything. The only other person who has let me get onto their back was my brother, Cole. So this feels kinda strange, but I just pretend I'm on my brothers back, him running through a sunny park, me enjoying the view, squinting so I'm not blinded by the sun. I suddenly realize that I had wandered off into a thought, so I quickly say, "Mauruchan? Nice name, I don't really know what it means though. They sure are cute!". I smile, this place isn't so bad is it?

(OOC: sorry for the late response.)

As the girl climbed up on my back I could hear Maruchan's tail wagging. After getting a good grip on the girl I stood up.

"Alright I sure hope you can hang on tight."I said as I began walking and then running and then sprinting.

I ran for the forest where I just came from. Maruchan kept up speed wise and he could also hold his own up in the trees. When we were coming up on the forest I sped up.

"Hang on tight!" I shouted as I jumped on a few lower branches to get up in the trees.

I kept up my speed as I weaved through the trees keeping moriko away from the branches. Every now and then I find some way to place a flip in between my jumps to surprise moriko. I sure hope she's having fun.

(OCC: That's ok I have all the time in the world to wait)

I have never felt like this before. What an interesting world! My ponytail is rippling like a flag in the wind of his speed. I look down and see little critters everywhere. "This is amazing!" I say, not too loud so it doesn't disturb him. "So, uh do you know how to get back because honestly I'm lost! How long did you say you were an acrobat, or performer or whatever, I just can't believe we're in the trees! This may sound weird but you're kinda like a monkey!" I say in almost one breath, smiling, squinting in the sun. Mmmm, I smell the sweet and I feel like I'm on my brothers back again. I almost let go my tight grip, as I settle into a relaxing bliss. I'm totally gonna be up for hunting after this....or maybe a nap! I hope that my party isn't looking for me! Maybe I should say something? That would just ruin this stunning moment I'm in.

While running threw the trees I could feel the girl relax so I tightened my grip just a little bit. Then I sarted heading for the tallest tree in this forest which I knew exactly the location of. Once there I had to use a branch as a spring bored to launch us up there.

"Hey this quite the view huh?" I asked the girl on my back as I looked out over the forest and at the town of beginings in the far distance.

I balanced on the branch closest to the top which was a pretty easy feat. I loved it up here for the sun, the breeze, and most of all the breathtaking view of aincrads first floor.

"Just say the word when you want to get down." I told the girl as I smiled.

The sun, low on the horizon is warm and makes me feel sleepy. I yawn and realize, my first day in this new game and I haven't really done that much fighting, exploring or shopping. But this is so much better. I think I made a new friend so I kindly ask, "Since this is a fighting game, not to break the peace and quiet, but got any good tips? Not saying I'm super pumped or anything, but it is good to know,". I almost forget I have a life at home, in the real world. So I add "I don't think I've told my family about SAO yet, they might get worried. Can I just log out wherever?". I smile, watching the virual sun sink below the virtual horizon.

I slowely inhale the virtual air as I hear my new friend talking. Then she speaks some of the saddest words I ever heard.

"Wha- I uh- sh*t there's no easy way to put this..." I began telling moriko as I also began sweating.

Was there seriously a player that didn't know we were trapped here? And if so why do I have to be the one to tell her? She was already crying about being alone with out knowing she was trapped! No wonder it almost sounded like she didn't know what I meant by were all trapped here... It's because she didn't know!

"Look... I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you this but, there's... There's no way to leave the game. If we die here we die in the real world as well..." Those words I just spoke left me with a shutter and made me feel as if I just crushed this girls all sense of well being.

I began taking in deep breaths and still seemed out of it. This game has been going on for close to a year now and she didn't know? Was it some kind of lag and she wasn't able to connect online up until now?

"Oh really? Well I guess I'll just have to live with it! I hope I can see my friends and family soon, no longer than two years at most. While also making some new friends here!" I say smiling. I think I did make a friend. "I hope that didn't sound too...cold, I mean I'll really miss my family, but I've had to live with... Um nevermind!" I say quickly, so I hope he doesn't hear. Why am I telling my life story to someone I just met? "Well I suppose you're curious now," I take a deep breath, holding back tears that I've wanted to cry out all along, then I continue, "last year ny brother died from leukymia..." Then I stop and stare, without even realizing it, and I drift off into a deep dark thought.

As the player told her story I became more and more shocked. My brain was working overtime trying to peace together all of this.

"Wha-..." Was all I could manage while I was deep in thought.

Eventually my body froze up and I fell back off the tree. Luckily the tree was so damn big I was able to remain in free fall while I remembered I had moriko on my back. I snapped back to attention and grabbed onto a branch and then grabbing into moriko's hand as she fell off my back.

"Uh... Ok so... Where do we go from here?" I asked the girl I had dangling 30 feet above the ground.

I then hoisted my self up onto the branch and carried her "princess style" I googled it was called. I jumped down branch to branch and brought her back to the entrance of the forest.

"Ok for starters I supose I could watch you kill a boar." I told the girl as I stood her up.

"Mhm," I nod and take a big step forward so I'm just behind the boar. I pull out my flanged mace, preparing myself to engage. I inhale. I've killed one before, how hard can it be to kill anither one? I can feel the boy watching me, I feel as though I can see, feel, sense everything, even though I have my head faced the ground. I pull my arm back. I swing. HEALTH: Boar: 2/2 Moriko: 5/5
ID: 14320  BD: 3  LD:5  MOB: 9

I swing my mace as hard as I can, it's heavy, I'm not strong. I have hardly any muscle, and I won't gain any from this game. I realize I'm attacking nothing but air. I blush and the boar almost doesn't notice me. I take a step back before I get hurt, even if it means no loot or col. I walk away disappointed. I failed, what's XWuZHeAR gonna think of this? I sigh and sorta flop down on the ground, tired.

I looked down at the girl who struggled to make a hit with her weapon. I then let out a big laugh and sat down next to her.

"Well looks like someone made the wrong weapon choice at the start of the game!" I joked.

I then got up and dusted off my pants a little bit. This girl was certainty something else but, then again so was I.

"Alright now il show you how I fight!"

14384 battle: 4+1=5 miss

I ran over at the boar and then jumped up trying to axe kick it as I came down. The kick was a little over to the side so I instead created a huge crater in the dirt.

"You go ahead and kill him." I said to moriko as I walked back over to her.

Boar hp: 2/2

I laugh as the boy misses. "Tough boar eh?" I joke, since they only have 2 hp. I re-equip my mace and stand up. This time I'll kill it for sure, and hey I might even get some loot or Col. I put on my 'at ease face' and look at the boar. This might be an artificial world, but I can still hear myself breathe, still feel the warmth of the sun and smell the freshness of it all. I think of my family, do they know what happened? Maybe Daichi will e-mail them about the incident. Well I'm sure they'll find out soon enough! For some reason I feel like it does't matter that I'm stuck in this world, like it doesn't affect anyone but me. Although it's probably the most important thing in the world to my parents right now, even if it's not a good thing. Anyhow, I will make it out of here, I'm sure of it!   Health: Moriko: 5/5  Boar: 2/2 

ID: 14473    BD: 10    LD: 1    MOB: 4  

[Moriko]

I feel a thrill, rather then exhaust swinging my weapon, and I suddenly know, I will survive in this world. I smile and put on my 'determined face', not a drop of sweat on my forehead. The boar sees me, and rams close to me, but I step out of the way, tripping over my own feet, falling, but catching my balance again only to see the boar coming towards me. I have no time to react, so I almost get hit, but I don't take any damage. Soon enough it's dead. I get no Col, nor loot. "So where do I stay, like rest, eat, sleep?" I ask smiling, happy. 

When I say the girl hit the boar for some reason I was over joyed for her. It's a feeling only a few people experience; a feeling of finally being able to provide for yourself we'll sort off.

"Ha! Maybe il teach you to fight like me. I have a feeling you'd have more success as a fist fighter." I told the player.

I then listened to the girl as she began asking me more questions. Like where does she stay for like sleep and stuff.

"Well if your a true free spirit like me and maruchan here. Then you never once spend money on an inn. Although I hear with out the acrobatic skill it's dangerous to just sleep outside." I explained to the player.

It is true I've never once payed for an inn the whole time this game has been going on. I guess I'm pretty lucky not to get sleep PKed or anything. Then I looked over at the setting sun.

"Well I guess I could try an inn just this one time to show you what the deal is." I said as I opened my menu to see how much col I had.

Damn it I need this col like sort of a lot. A cheap inn for a single person room is around 150 but, a double shared room is only 200.

"Look I'm sort of strapped for cash and you don't exactly have any money do you? Looks like I'm paying for the night." I said while patting the girl on the head.

"Thank you," I say, excited to finally be going back to a cozy warm yown with many other players. The outside is nice, fresh, full of adventure, but I'm still getting used to this world. I've gotta start somewhere. I guess the people whom I teamed up with didn't end up arriving.

"So do the seasons change in this world? Oh, wait! I'm curious sbout the food, does it have flavor? Can we taste it, or cook at all? This place is amazing! I almost want to keep living in it forever, still I'll miss home, family, friends," I say all in one breath.

I like walking in the lit up streets, full of warmth, comfort, joy. It's really hard to understand so everyone, how I, can be so happy and comfortable in such a cruel and scary world. 'No one here's alone' I remember the boy saying to me, when I was crying. The sun is all the way down, I'm a bit hugry but this guy has done enough for me, it's too bad I couldn't treat him to breakfast.

I listened as the player gave a very fast list of questions.

"Uhh... Sorta, yes, and yes you can cook only if you have the right proffesion." I answered all the questions while continuing down the street.

Pretty soon we came to an inn and I opened the door and walked in. Then I headed over to the counter with the NPC behind it. A menu then poped up listing the room types and prices. I selected the double seperate beds room and paid the 200 col.

- 200 col

"Looks like the rooms on the third floor lets go." I told moriko as I read the menu page before closing it.

I then headed up the stairs and stood in front of the door to our room for the night.

I sit on the bed and the soft spongy mattress made me sink down a little. I yawn, stretch then get up to have a shower. After bathing in the warm water, wrapping myself in towels, I finally take off my clothes, so I'm wearing but a bra and underwear, and quickly slip into bed when he's not looking.

I feel safe in the town, in the inn. Although I, for some reason, feel safer around NPCs, I also feel less lonely around real people. I switch off the lamp on my side of the room and tuck my hands under the covers. I breathe.

I don't remeber falling asleep, but I'm awake now. It's still dark outside, so it must be around 2 in the morning. Not tired. "XWuZHeAR," I murmur softly, so if he's asleep he won't wake up. "XWuZHeAR, I want to go hunting again, once you're up and ready," I say, I don't even know if he's awake. I get dressed and sit on the edge of my bed.

While moriko was taking a shower I ran out the window and had Maruchan fill my spot in the bed. I just sat around on the roof bored out of my mind. I'm what you might call an insomniac I barely sleep or il fall into like week long comas. About 4 hours later I heard moriko call my full character name.

"It's X, call me X I hate that damn name I chose... And yeah sure we can go hunting again I got nothing better to do." I said as I climbed back into the window.

I then walked over to the bed to find a sleeping maruchan. I picked the pup up and placed him on my head.

"But... Say a guy and a girl... Leaving an inn together... After only using it for four hours. Some people might get the wrong idea." I joked as I opened the door and waited for moriko.