[PP-F1] Beginners On The Hunt

"Maybe we should wait a bit then?" I ask, but the sun is already peeking out from below the dark horizon. "Let's go before it gets too busy, besides most people won't notice since is so early right? The darkness will give us cover plus people should be sleeping," I say quickly. Then I sit on the bed and wait for X to be ready.

"Hmmm this is quite the delema considering how insomniatic gamers are..."I said refining with myself.

I then tried to hatch a plan in my minds eye or whatever. Plan 1: me and moriko exit and get rushed by people making sex jokes. Plan 2: we wait until morning and have to spend the rest of this damn night in this inn. Plan 3:.... Il admit it I don't really have a plan 3 I just thought you needed one. However just then I thought of the perfect plan. I then kneeled down on the floor turning my back to moriko.

"Only one way to go about this am I right?" I said offering my back to ride on.

Maruchan then woke up and seemingly streched and yawned.

"Wait are we going out the window? Good thing I'm not afraid of heights!" I say,taking in a deep breath. I'm excited to go hunting again. It felt good, exhilerating, thrilling. It gave me hope that I can do something in the world.

I climb on Xs back balancing myself, gripping tight so I don't fall off. I'm ready for this. "Alright let's go!" I say to him. I'm totally ready. Let's go kill!

"Alright let's go!" I yelled as I jumped out the window holding the girl.

I hopped roof to roof with maruchan following us. The streets were lit with street lamps and the city looked like a grid of lit lines. As we came up to the gate I flipped off the rooftop squeezing the girls legs as to not to drop her.

"That was a close one huh?" I asked as we landed on the ground.

"Il carry you out to the fields also." I said sprinting out of the city.

Eventually we made it to a pretty active area and I let her off my back. I then sat down as maruchan hopped in my lap and I began striking his fur.

"Go for it kid il watch out for you from here." I said with a smile.

"M," I say as I'm regaining my balancing from being on X's back. I then pull out my mace and dash towards the nearest boar, without hesitation. For sure I'll get some loot this time! Sooner or later, I want to buy a house in this world, because right now I'm all over the place, I mean I'm not really doing anything apart from hunting. I want to be organized, even if that means adapting a bit to this world. I have to adapt, to survive it's necessary to adapt. I get ready to swing my mace right at the boar, it's so heavy. I'm so weak. I'm sure I'll make it through! I have to! I want to see my family again. Did Daichi know about the incident before he sent the game to me? I sigh. "Here I go!" I shout as I approach the boar. Whoosh! I feel the power of my mace as I swing.

ID: 15297      BD: 2     LD: 18      MOB: 5

[Moriko]

[boar[Moriko]

I take to long to think and I miss, by a lot. I quickly turn around and as I do the boar hits me. I don't take much damage but it still hurt. I take a few steps back so it loses interest. I'm now stand beside X. Well, only a long time until I face some harder mobs. "How hard is the boss on this floor? I mean! I don't want to rush in or anything! I still have a long way to go. I just seems, there's a lot of people here. I wonder why so many hold back, and just sit around and let everyone else do the work. People are risking their lives for them! Well, everyone has their own motivation, what's yours?," I say. I look directly in his eyes, as if it would force all the details out of him.

• 3 weeks later...

"My motivation?" I said as the girl looked into my eyes and eagerly awaited an answer.

Of course I instantly thought of her and got wierdly silent and awkward. I guess she would be my motivation just see her again. However I'm not just comfortable sharing the whole story with some girl I just met. I guess the shortened version wouldn't be too bad unless she keeps asking questions.

"It would be a girl I guess." I answered obviously leaving out the majority of the story.

Maruchan then moved around in my lap and I picked him up and placed him on my shoulder. Overall I think I probably will survive and I probably will see her again. So my motivation is mainly her nothing else really has been keeping me on. Like I am the person who just wasted away a year doing nothing.

I can tell that it's much more complicated then that, I hear it in his voice. But I just nod and say "It's odd how everyone is fighting for something. Or just waiting for someone, or for somethig. Some peoples motivations might be being able to see their family and friends again, or to finish the game so they can get revenge on the creator. There are some whose motivation is to kill, kinda scary really... My motivation is to make my brother proud. He loved video games, anime and Japan is general. I kinda like video games too, and so I got this. I didn't buy it, it was a gift. Oh sorry! Listen to me ramble on, I should get back to hunting!" I feel a bit more energetic this time, I think I'll kill the boar this time. HP: Moriko: 4/5 Boar: 2/2

ROLL

I take a step forward and attack the boar. With a simple swing of my mace I...kill it. I sigh and unequip my mace. This time I got some loot! 10 Col plus a material. I flop down on the grass. I close my eyes and exhale. I'm not ready. To fight again. "It's kinda fun slicing flesh," I say unexpectedly aloud, but then I just giggle. I relax and just think. I think about everyone who has died here, everyone who is scared and holding back in the towns. Those who do selling or crafting to help out, and those who just fight. I don't know which I want to do, I'll probably end up fighting even if I don't get very far. I'm still new with hardly any experience and so many people are way ahead of me!

• 2 weeks later...

The girl took my excuse of a reason and I exhaled realized she didn't pick at the matter. I then began playing with maruchan. He jumped and jumped at my hand I simply kept raising higher. I then heard the girl say something about slicing flesh.

"Ha you should try breaking bones. The crunch still gets me a little but when you hear a snap it's awesome." I said talking about my martial arts skill.

Maruchan then seemed to have tired him self out and layed down panting. I took the pup up in my arms and placed him in my lap. He responded obviously by curling up and taking a nap.

"I'm a pretty good fighter in this game... And the best part about it is I don't even use a weapon." I said while playing with Maruchans fur.