[PP-F1] Beginnings (Irish Maiden)

Rusty sat tiredly on a bench while he looked at the passing players. He didn't think much of the players, mostly because he was used to the unusual after spending months in SAO. Sighing, Rusty got up and equipped his sword. At the time, he was bored so much that he was ready to start to grinding again, even though he already done this yesterday. It hadn't ended well.

Sotana was sitting down thinking of her home. Would Tirish be alright? She asked herself hundreds of questions until she got up. "This is my new life, stuck in a...fighting game" She sat back down again and sat down like she usually did during lunch in school. She then got up again and then walked around in circles. "i'm going no where..." She said and sat down. "Why can't I just...be a brave person" She kept asking herself. She looked up and looked at the people walking by and sighed. She held her head up with her elbow. "I bet those people aren't scared of anything," She said and kept looking at all the people walking by, chattering. "Look at myself...I look brave..Why can't I be brave.." She asked herself, speaking out loud this time. She then got up and stayed up "I'm going to complete this game, even if it costs my life..." She said.

Rusty noticed what seemed to be a young girl of middle school age talking to herself. Stepping closer without revealing his position, he overheard something about being brave. Is she scared of something? Rusty tthought as he stepped closer. Overhearing her wish to become brave, he stepped in front of her and said "Nobody's brave, they're just concealing the fact that they really are scared." Sighing, Rusty looked down at his left leg, shovering from the memories of that wound.

Sotana stared at him. "At least their not afraid of everything they see...I've been scared of everything since my parents died..." Sotana looked down to her hands and saw the cuts that were left from bullies. "How is that possible..?" She whispered. "Everything..Everything is something to be afraid of..." She said and looked up with her hands in fists. "I'm going to let myself die, Thats my step of bravery...i won't let fear take over me!" She said "thank you, Thank you for those words" She smiled. "I'm The Irish maiden! Call me my real name, Sotana, you are?" she said smiling. 

If only I was this optimistic.. I really let myself go after the accident.. Ignoring his memories, Rusty turned his attention back to the girl. She was thanking him for his words, but was surprised him was that she was thanking him at all.

"I'm The Irish maiden! Call me my real name, Sotana, you are?"

"Since we're trading names, my name is Rusty but you can call me.. Glenn." Rusty found himself being a bit more chipper than usual, although he knew who was the cause of that. Re-equipping his sword, he turned to Sotana with a smirk in his face. "How about we go fight some boars to test out your bravery, alright?" Rusty asked as he pointed toward the fields. "I can show you the in and outs of fighting." 

(OOC: Sorry for the long delay, I had to do something, really sorry)

Sotana blinked. "B-boars? NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BOARSS!!" she shouted practically red in the face. "Wait..Wait. Yeah...I'll be brave...so...how hard are these...boars??" She asked. She blinked and turned around. She saw a field of them. "Those boars? Look easy enough" But she frowned in fear of dying, before the real work began. She turned back around smiling "I could beat them all in a minute!" She said and brought out her sword. "I'm ready to kick some boars! i remember fighting with bullies to leave me alone," She laughed "Good times, good times..." she looked down at the ground. "Your leg okay bud? It looks sore..." She said and kept staring at the ground.

"Kinda tough actually, depending on which types you fight." Rusty grumbled as he readied his sword. "Don't get too confident, people have actually d- I m-mean gotten injured fighting them." Rusty stammered, not wanting to scare Sotana about possibility of death to these boars.. This girl was ready to fight and Rusty wasn't about to get in between her and the boars. Then she asked him a question about his leg. "Its nothing, let's just go.." he said in a monotone voice. He ran towards the field, motioning for Sotana to follow him.

She smiled and ran after him. 'i still wonder what's wrong with his leg...It looks...Fractured...' She though and stopped at the field. "So these are the boars?" She asked and just went into the field. She stared at the boars, suddenly, a boar came running at her. She screamed and hit it with the sword. She watched it die into millions of pieces. "Poor boar, Only programmed to die.." She looked at the sky. "Do you think the weather is ever going to change?" she asked changing the topic. "Its always blue...and has clouds...Maybe because...No..Well...Never mind, I'm glad my aunt sent me Sword art online.." She smiled at looked down again.

"They are just programmed to have feelings, they don't really feel anything." Rusty muttered as they walked. Looking back to see the girl kill a boar, Rusty found himself in front of a boar too. Sighing, he took his sword and gripped it as firmly gripped it. Looking at the swine, he swung at the boar with determination as he ran towards. Jabbing into the side of the might beast, he managed to injure it before being kicked by it in self-defense. Getting up, he stepped back to breath a little before attacking it again.

Rusty: 17/18

Boar: 5/9

ID:13965 BD: 10 MD: 8

"Well, I am a soft thing for animals..." Sotana sighed and looked at the boars. She stepped back and sat on a wall at the edge of the field and she looked around. "do you think anyone will be able to get out of this death game?" She sighed, "Its dangerous...Most people have died already...I htae this game" She said and kicked the wall with her boot. "But seriously, Whats up with your leg? is it fractured?" She asked and stared at his leg. She was never able to hold back her curiosity, This was one of the reasons nobody was her friend. 

"I have spot for dogs.." Rusty said, before dodging the incoming boar's attack. Not wanting to fight the boar any longer, he swiped his sword at it before retreating near Sotana. "One day we might get out.. we just need strong people, that's it." The boar had retreated, possible to heal itself from Rusty's attacks. Sotana then asked him about his leg. Rusty grew quiet and his expression changed into a frown. He didn't like talking about what had happened to him. "Its n-not fractured.. it just has a piece of metal inside that can't be taken out.." He answered. 

Rusty: 17/18

Boar: 3/9 (Retreated)

ID: 14043 BD: 6

Sotana sneezed and sighed. "Everyone here is strong...Aren't they?" She then frowned. "Artifical?" she rubbed her eyes "My...My um...My dad and grandmother and artifical knee's...i miss my dad" She sighed and put her arms out to stop her falling from the wall. "I miss them..." She whispered and then touched the necklace she had on her neck, It had a pink heart shape on it and said 'From Mother and father, for your 6th birthday!' "I never treated them right, before their deatyh..." she said, not even thinking About how her and him barely knew each other, and here she was, rambling on about her parents. She then turned her head to face Rusty and sighed. "Sorry...I tend to ramble on about stuff..." 

"I don't really know.." Rusty mumbled. Although he could fight, he didn't think of himself as strong. This was a game, so of course you had to be able to fight with ease. Sotana then asked if he meant artificial. "No.. its not like that, its a piece of shrapnel that can't be taken out.." The girl then started talking about her family and such before apologizing to him. She was like him, they had both lost a family member and felt bad about it. "Its ok, you don't have to apologize. My dad died when I was 12.." Looking down, Rusty could rremember seeing his father punctured with hundreds of pieces of glass. It was the last thing he saw before he passed out from blood loss and was rushed to the hospital. He couldn't understand why this had happened to him.

"My mother and father were murdered in front of me and my brothers faces when i was 8...Now I'm 13 and it still scares me, I though he would kill me and my brother but the police came...We were sent to live in grandmothers but then he turned 18 and we both moved out..." She said and wiped tears from her eyes. She looked up to the sky as it was getting dark. "Its getting dark..." She said and kept looking to see if she could spot stars. The bright sun was gone while the shining moon replaced it, The stars instead of clouds. "I like night..." Sotana whispered.

Rusty listened on to the tragedy Sotana was retelling. He couldn't fathom the distress and emotions that would've gone through his mind if that had happened instead. He sympathized with her and he felt really bad about what had transpired to her. "Its getting dark..." she said. Sotana was right. It was getting dark and the sun was setting, or at least Aincrad's sun. "It feels so peaceful at night, unlike the real world." Quietly, Rusty remembered his days in Pittsburgh, his childhood home. Back there, night was peaceful too. It was a painful memory to recall, so he just kept looking at the sky. "Its beautiful.."

" When I felt scared, My brother used to tell me to look up to the sky and the stars, he said those stars sontain my mother and fathers soul, they would look after me...Thats why i love the night.." She whispered and then got off the wall. "I'm going to a inn" She yawned and stretched. "follow if you want to get some sleep..." She said sleepily and bounced off. She walked through the busy town and waved at people going by. She finally went into the the inn and checked in. She walked up to her room and looked out the window. She sat on the windowsill looking at the two stars together, "I miss you mother and father..." She sighed. 

Rusty decided against following the girl, he didn't think that they should've talked anymore longer. Watching as the sky grew dark, he walked towards the teleportation gate. He hadn't visited any other floors in a long while and this would be a great opportunity to do so. Putting his hands into his pocket, Rusty simply stated a floor number and disappeared. Nothing was better than having a nice walk at night, just thinking about stuff. As he walked through the new floor he was in, his mind wandered to his real world life. Maybe it wasn't that bad after all.

Completed