(SP-F3) "Reprise" (Completed!)

Walking into the Cave of Harmonies again felt like returning to solitude for me. The feelings of calm and serenity keep me ever aware of my sanity. The master crystal sat quietly in the center of the main chamber. It bore no words for emotion. "Are you just not wanting to be performed for today?" I asked. No sound or glow came from the crystal. "Well, I guess that I'll just have to convince you otherwise!" I began to play Garanzia. The tune flowed and bounced off the walls of the cavern, giving the illusion that a chorus of violins played behind me. It was simply elegant. I felt the hairs on my arm stand up. Small orbs began flock to the main chamber. Inhabiting the crystals one by one. I played harder and faster, beckoning the orbs closer. After a few more moments, the largest orb I had seen entered the master crystal. 

LD 18

A large crystal fell from the cavern. Freshly imbued by one of the orbs. "Well I guess that answers that!"

+1 Material

Total Collected: 1

The master crystal glowed brightly but still bore no inscriptions. I changed my tone to a more somber note, something to motivate thought rather than motivate movement. I could hear whispers from the orbs, something I had never heard before. Random words and names I had yet to encounter anywhere in Aincrad. The crystals turned purple and low hum could be heard, harmonizing with my music. Just like before they began to respond to my flows. "It seems we are coming to understanding my friends!"

LD 12 +4=16 Success!

Yet another crystal fell from the ceiling. A blueish hue, it seemed to respond directly to my statement. "Haha, well don't you all feel generous today? Your power has already gone to good use to brighten the spirits of those trapped in this world!"

+1 Material

Total Collected: 2

I could hear a tune coming from the crystals now, without provocation they began to play their own songs to me. I had never heard any of it before. The song was joyful yet firm in its sound. I felt happiness but at the same time caution. I took Garanzia in arm and tried my best to play along. Stroking the bow across the strings gave me a sense of brotherhood with these...lost ones...their tune inspiring every movement and note I initiated.

LD:17 (Success!)

Upon completion of their song, another crystal fell from one of the nearby walls. "I see that it's a sing-along kind of day isn't it? We take turns leading then?" I asked. The crystals pulsed in response. "I'll assume that means yes!"

+1 Material

Total Collected: 3 

I delved deep into my mental library of music. "I really wish I would've been able to bring my book of compositions here. It would be the most useful thing right now!" A thought then occurred to me: Why not just write more music? Why play what I already know when I have the perfect audience for testing new works. Where will I write it all down though...I noticed a blank spot appear on the wall of the cave. The crystals seemed to move around, sprouting in new locations. "Wow...well I guess that's a hint" I wrote a series of notes, beginning a new piece is never the hard part for me. Rather it's the ending that perplexes me.

LD 2 (Fail)

Nothing seemed to be happening quite yet. I kept on writing the phrases as best as I could

Total Collected:3

I wrote and wrote, testing a few bars here and there. Tuning my music to the reactions of the crystals. Keeping in mind their patterns for a more dramatic and impactful response from them in terms of appearance. I finished the first movement, going with an ending that faded in volume. Decrescendo into darkness...an expression my teacher commonly used in expressing a more solemn ending. I waited for the crystals over all response to the ending cadence.

LD: 14 +4= 18 (Success!)

The crystals glowed with approval, they pulsed and pulsed changing many different colors. One fell at my feet. "Well I guess that's as good as a sign as any I've seen!" 

+1 Material 

Total Collected: 4

I began the next movement. I decided on a louder and more upbeat opening to contrast the ending of the first movement. The sine wave of presentation sometimes requires a sudden jolt to give the audience a bit of a thrill. Performance is key to perfection. If one cannot perform for a critical audience, One could never become a master of the art. These crystals were the perfect critics. They only looked at the emotion of the piece, rather than it's pragmatic ideals of structure. The next cadence was written so I gave it a test.

LD 19 (Success!)

The crystals seem to adore the change in tempo, like some kind of show of gratitude I watched them as they formed a brand new crystal just for me.

+1 Material

Total Collected: 5

With the success of the last cadence I decided it would be wise to provide a familiar sound. A folksy tune and tempo that made me feel like I was home among family and friends. My hope was that these souls were happy being among their own kind. The crystals began to turn green again. They pulsed quickly and flashed a burst of yellow at the climax of the piece. The ending was abrupt but smooth, with a fast series of notes before the close.

LD:13 (+4)=17 Success!

Two in row! They loved the movement as a whole. They seemed to be genuinely joyful over the sounds that came from Garanzia. A tear welled in my eye from the beauty of the sight of the crystals being so happy.

+1 Material

Total Collected: 6

With excitement I began the final movement of the piece. Inspiration seemed to possess me as I scribe the notes into the wall. My heart soared as the notes just seemed to fall into place in front of me. My smile grew larger and larger and my hands shook with enthusiasm! Garanzia even glowed lightly by the light of the crystals growing stronger and stronger. I reached the climax and decided to give it a go.

LD 14 +4=18 Success!

The climax was flowing and thoughtful. I was a mix of perfection of volume. The effect was meant to create an air of celebration, calling out to everyone who heard to raise their arms in glorious brotherhood.

+1 Material

Total Collected: 7

I was ready. After a few hours of composition, I had created my first work since being trapped here. The notes were all laid out in sequence of movement. I stood tall and bowed in respect to the master crystal. I started the piece and played straight through. Every movement fit together like the perfect puzzle. The crystals changed colors exactly as I had predicted. The only thing that remained was to see if applause was in order from my audience.

LD 5

The crystals seemed satisfied but yielded no gifts. "Is there something wrong with it?" The crystals remained unchanged.

I reprised, playing the song again for my audience. They had received it all so well in pieces, why not react the same way from the whole piece? Harder and harder I played the piece. I really wanted to impress them, I felt like the only thing I wanted in the whole universe at that moment, was the approval of the Minos Clan. Tears fell from my eyes from the sheer pain I felt in my fingers. This song was my masterpiece, and I did not want to feel like I had failed.

LD 3

Yet again nothing from my hosts...I guess it just didn't click like I wanted to when put together...

I let my arms fall to my side to rest. I guess I just don't have that one thing that they wanted...what else could I do? What do they want from me? I looked over the piece one more time. I stared intently, wondering exactly what I was missing...Then I realized. It didn't have a name! The masterpiece was without a name to call it by! I thought hard about the piece, I considered many names. Finally, I drew out the best title I could. "The Reprise of Minos". I tried one more time with the songs new title scribed on the wall.

LD: 7 

My heart dropped in disappointment, I was sure that's what it needed. Maybe it takes more than perfection to create true music...

"I'm sorry my friends, I guess my music was not worthy of your highest praise. I will try harder and harder until you see my music as perfection." I explained to the crystals. I began to play a sad song, a song of sorrow and pain. A tale of a heroes inablilty to triumph over his weaknesses as a person. In his arrogance he lost so much, so much that he felt that he was without hope or the will to live. The song has no happy ending with the hero ending his life and the life of a lover he once held dear.

LD: 17

I bowed my head in silence as the song concluded. A faint purple light appeared at my feet. "Heh..thank you..."

+1 Material

Total Collected: 8

I stood tall and put Garanzia to my chin. It was time to liven up this solemn scene! I played a song of dance, the beat made me move my feet! I danced around the cave while playing my fun tune. I felt like the world was right and that I was a kid again. Innocent and light-hearted. It brought up old memories of seeing people dancing in the ren fairs that I would wonder through when they came to town. Children and adults dancing arm in arm around the maypole...I miss those moments...

LD 9

The crystals seemed to change in mood, but were not themselves overjoyed by my tune. Everyone's a critic...

Total Collected: 8

Picking myself up from my bit of emotional slump. I was ready to give a bit of a new feeling to my audience! I put Garanzia to my chin and began my song. The tune let my heart flow out the the crystals, my being, my soul was poured out into them. I wanted to be a part of them! I felt a glow growing in my chest, warmth and hearth surrounded my heart. A smile grew across my face as I could hear the whispers of the crystals in my head.

14237 LD 18 Success!

A crystal fell form the ceiling! It had a small inscription image on the face of one the sides. Could this be the family crest?"

+1 Material!

Total Collected: 9

I put the crystal in my inventory and continued to play my song. I could see my energy vaulting throughout the room, new sounds being made with every reflection! Whispers chimed in: "Beautiful! Soulfull! He has the spirit of the Minotaur!" The energy bouncing around made the sounds of chimes! It made me chuckle loudly in the cavern.

14238 LD 14 +4=18 Success!

A piece of energy bounced off a crystal and it fell straight down. I leaned over and picked it up. "Well this is seems to be getting better!"

+1 Materials

Total Collected: 10

I stopped playing and walked around the cavern. "You know, I can feel your power in this place. I can feel the brotherhood, the heart and soul of the Clan of Minos...Why are you all here? What happened to the Clan? Why do you respond to the music?" The crystals did not seem to respond to me, all I could see  was the constant pulsing of the crystals. I walked over to one and tried to pull it from the wall. It wouldn't budge! I softly began to sang to it, my voice carried into the crystals front facet.

14239 LD 7

It still wouldn't budge. Ugh!

I walked farther inside the the cave, watching the crystals change color and pulsation. "Are you trying to talk to me? Cause I have no idea what you are saying!" Farther and farther inside, the whispers began to fade away. What the Hell is going on? The crystals actually began to turn a dark color. Whisps of cloudy smoke filled the facets. I tried pulling one off the walls.

14240 LD 18 Success!

As I ripped on one of the dark crystals, it fell to my feet. "Well this time I didn't even say anything! What changed here?

+1 Materials

Total Collected: 11

I reached a large chamber surrounded in darkness. The crystals glowed a back and purple hue. An inscription laid on an arch across a tunnel across the room. "It takes more than One to be a Hero" was scrawled on the stone. WEll I guess I'll have to come back with some friends... I walked over to the tunnel entrance. "What lies beyond the veil?" I tried pulling out one of the crystals making a letter of the inscription.

14241 LD 14 (+4)=18 Success!

The crystal fell from its spot at my feet. "Why this? Are you trying to bribe me? What is so special about this tunnel??"

+1 Material

Total Collected: 12

All I heard was silence. Not even a whisper could be heard in the cavern. All I felt was a cold loneliness, as if all the happiness had gone from the world. This was not the same place as before..this was not the Cave of Harmonies any longer...I walked back to the main chamber, the master crystal glowed brightly in the center, as if I had never left its presence. "There is much more to this place than meets the eye isn't there?" I asked it. To no avail, it remained unchanged. I put Garanzia to my chin and played a simple melody of classical pieces. Hopefully this will ease my burden of the heaviness on my heart from what I had felt in the cave earlier...

14242 LD 3 Fail!

Nothing fell from the walls. Not even a little wiggle from the cave walls. Sigh...

Total Collected:  12

"Well I must be going my friends. Although I do not know what yet lies beyond the dark corners of this cave, I will soon find out. I will find this darkness and slay it if its the last thing I do. I will bring those I believe to be of true heart and soul to this place and defeat this ancient evil! Before I go! I have one last song to play for you all!" I readied Garanzia and played an Irish folk song to to my hearts content! Crystals flashed green and blue as the sound reverberated off the walls!

14243 LD 15 Success!

As I was walking out the cave exit, one last crystal fell at my feet. "Thank you! I will return soon!" 

+1 Material

Total Collected: 13