[Sp-F1] The Start of a Journey

With the sun shining bright in this virtual world Daenar kept his hand firmly on his unsheathed sword and ran across the grass plains of the first floor of Aincrad looking for his first monster to slay. Eventually Daenar came across a pack of boars just minding their own business. Daenar smiled and said, "Right on! This looks like the best place to start hunting." Daenar noticed one that was separate from the pack and with a smirk he rushed at the boar his sword at the ready to strike down his target.

(Mob)

The Boar squealed in pain as Daenar's struck the boars rear end. This caused run forward a few feet before it turned around and turned it's gaze upon Daenar. It's eyes glowed red as it huffed out it's snout and began dragging it's front, right leg across the ground signaling that it was about to charge. The boar then shook it's head from side to side and let out a mighty squeal getting up on it's back legs and then rushed forward once it's front legs touched the ground. It's eyes locked on Daenar and it's charge pace steady the boar began to close in.

-Rolled a 8 on the d10 (Mob) dice

(Me) 4/5

(Boar) 1/2

Daenar readied himself as the boar came rushing at him in full sprint. Seeing no time to dodge Daenar raised his sword up to block the on coming attack, but he was too slow. The boar hit him square in the chest knocking him to the ground hard. Daenar laid there for a moment looking up at the sky thinking, 'Well that just happened. I guess I shouldn't have underestimated this Boar.' Daenar then rose to his feet looking for the boar and noticed it was going for another charge. Daenar then hopped back taking a stance decided that it would best to let the boar come to him this time. "Here piggy, piggy, piggy." Daenar said to the boar mockingly and held his sword with two hands. "Come on pig! Let's see you try that again!" The boar then charged at Daenar at full spring once more and  once the boar was close enough Daenar quickly stepped to the side and swung for boar's side as it charged past him.

-Rolled a 8 on the d10 (Battle dice)

(Me) 4/5

(Boar) Dead

(I used the same die roll results for the loot that I used for the battle dice. I hope that's okay.)

-Rolled a 8 on the d20 (loot) dice

As Daenar watched the Boar burst into sparkles of light a grin appear on his face as he raised his left hand in the air in triumph and said, "Nice! My first monster kill! The combat in this game is insane. It's no wonder people in Japan were lining out the front door of game stores just to get a copy of this game. I can't wait to see the rest of the features this game has." A small screen then popped in front of Daenar with only two words on it. As Daenar looked closely at it. He was dumb struck as he read the words aloud, "NO LOOT! Damn it. Well that sucks." Daenar then looked at the pack of boars that was to his right scanned the pack looking for another boar to fight. 'I better not risk angering the whole pack. I'd hate to die by a level one monster. I'd be the laughing stock of this game.'

Daenar stood in place tapping his foot as he waited for one of the boars to stray away from the pack. His patience was slowly starting to give and as he continued to wait he began to count the number of boars there were and recount just to be sure he didn't miss one or count the same one over, but the results were the same. There was a total of six boars all who were going about their virtual day just like the ones in the real world. Daenar groaned and thought to himself, 'At this rate it's looking like I may either have to fight them all or move on. Fighting all them would be stupid though so I guess I better look else where.' As Daenar began to turn away he caught sight of a Boars slowly walking away from the rest of it's pack. With small smile appearing on his face Daenar readied his sword and said, "About time." Daenar waited for the boar to move further away before he charged and when he thought the boar was far enough Danear rushed in with both hands on his sword ready to strike that lone boar, but unannounced to him he caught the attention of one other boar.

-Rolled a 5 on the d10 (battle) dice

(Me) 4/5

(Boar1) 2/2

(Boar2) 2/2

(Mobs)

As the Boar was eating some grass it saw a flickering light reflect off a sword being held by a player who was rushing at it. Squealing and rearing back it quickly avoided the sharp blade as Daenar ran past it. The squealing caught the attention of a boar who happened to be looking in that direction and now with sights on Daenar it quickly gave a hostile charge towards Daenar, snorting with every step it made. As for the boar who barely dodged Daenar's attack it hopped closer to Daenar turning around and went for a quick kick with both it's hooves at Daenar. Daenar was unaware and not ready for a two on one fight.

(Boar1) Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice

(Boar2) Rolled a 4 on the d10 (mob) dice

(Me) 4/7

(Boar1) 2/2

(Boar2) 2/2

As Daenar missing his target and almost lost his balance from his quick charge Daenar turned around to face the boar he had just attacked and to his surprise saw two tiny hooves being thrusted at him. Out of the surprise Daenar fell backward landing on his butt just barely avoiding the boar's quick attack. Daenar tried to get back to his feet, but suddenly heard the snorting sounds of a second boar charging at him. 'Crap', he thought and on reflex Daenar rolled backward avoiding the second boar's charge and quickly stood up with his sword held in front of him with both hands. Daenar was now in a deadlock with two boars. "Well this isn't good. Oh well. It's no fun without a challenge every once in a while", Daenar said as he quickly swung at a vertical angle at the boar who charged him. Daenar would have to be on his toes now. With only half his health left Daenar had to be ready to turn tail and run.

-Rollled a 2 on the d10 (battle) dice

(Me) 4/7

(Boar1) 2/2

(Boar2) 2/2

(Mobs)

The Boar that Daenar had swung at managed to quickly pull away just before his sword could land the hit. The boar's eyes gleamed as it saw the golden opportunity to strike back. It leaned it's body back and with all it's strength it lunged at Daenar head first as it looks to knock Daenar back on his butt again. Just behind the Boar in front of Daenar the other boar shook it's hand and dragged it's left leg on the ground and charged at Daenar putting all it's strength in it's legs to make a mighty leap over it's friend and ram Daenar head first in the chest. The boars had the advantage of both home field and numbers which wasn't looking well for Daenar.

(Boar1) -Rolled a 2 on the d10 (Mob) dice

(Boar2) -Rolled a 4 on the d10 (Mob dice

(Me) 4/7

(Boar1) 2/2

(Boar2) 2/2

Daenar watching the Boar in front of him closely saw it's attack coming and quickly hopped back to avoid taking any damage and was almost completely caught off guard when the other boar jumped over it's buddy to try and nail Daenar square in the chest. Daenar quickly spun around the attack and backed up keeping both the Boars in his sights. Daenar at this point wasn't sure if he should stay or run now. He had been lucky enough to avoid taking damage this time around, but how long would that luck last. All the boars need is two good hits each and that was it. However to Daenar he believed he was just die and respond later. He was still unaware of what was truly going on in this game. Daenar just smiled and said, "I'll have to end this quickly. My last fight didn't last this long." Daenar then rushed toward boar that had leapt over the other one considering that it was closer to him and went for a quick horizontal swing at the boar running past it.

-Rolled a 7 on the d10 (battle) dice

(Me) 4/7

(Boar1) 1/2

(Boar2) 2/2

As Daenar's attack connects with the Boar it squealed in pain and fell on it's back. This put a smile on Daenar's face, however hearing the it's brethren squeal in pain the other boar rushed at Daenar at full sprint looking to ram it's tusks in his back. Daenar heard the pounding of the boar's hooves and without taking the time to look behind him he quickly rolled to the left turning his gaze onto the boar with a frustrated glare. 'This is starting to get annoying,' he thought to himself. Just then the boar he hit earlier got back up and charged at Daenar and lunged forward. Daenar saw the boar coming, but had little time react before the boar knocked him backwards down a small hill causing him to roll and tumble all the way down. Slowly getting up and groaning in frustration Daenar looked to the left, top corner of his screen and noticed that he was now in the red. Realizing his health was on the verge of hitting zero and not wanting these boars to be the one to do him in he swallowed his pride and got to his feet and began making a mad dash away from the boars, but they were in hot pursuit and slowly gaining. Daenar had to change tactics and taking a look of his surroundings he took notice of a nearby hill noticing that it was slightly steep and could be difficult to climb up for him, but it that was the case of Daenar then the boars would have little chance getting up themselves. Daenar sheathed his sword and ran in full sprint towards the hill and with all his strength and speed he climbed to the top of the hill panting a little and as he looked down he saw the boars running up the hill themselves and had made it little over halfway before they slid back down the hill. Daenar watched as the boars tried and tried to climb up to get him, but once he saw them give up in leave he sighed in relief and fell on his butt on the grass ground and then laid down on the ground looking up towards the sky. Daenar smiled and started laughing as the thought of him nearly being defeated by two boars and how he could imagine how he would look to everyone in the game. "The Noob that died by a boar! That's what they'll call me." Daenar then heard a chiming noise and notice a screen appear in front of him saying he had leveled up and he watched as his health went straight back to green. His happy expression suddenly went away and was replaced by a dumb struck one as he said, "Seriously!? Where were you when I needed you earlier!!" Daenar then closed the screen and sat up looking out to the horizon. Daenar then ran his right hand downward in front of him to bring up the main menu and pressed the inventory button fallowed by two other buttons and suddenly in his lap appeared a loaf of bread and a glass jar of water. Daenar remembered seeing a status check when he was logging in saying "taste" and wondered if could actually taste the bread and what it would taste like. With some hesitation he took a bite out of the loaf of bread and was surprised when he found it tasted sweet. Daenar then started to gobble it down as he thought to himself, 'Wow! This is amazing!! Too bad I don't have any jam or honey that would make this bread taste soooooo much better.' With Daenar when it came to good food or food he thinks taste good he won't just it his food. He'll practically inhale it!! With that loaf of bread now gone he grabbed his glass jar of water and took a couple of drinks before he set it down. "Aaaaaaaaahh! That was great. I can't wait to taste the other kinds of food they have here." Daenar got up and began dusting off his pants with his right hand while holding the jar of water with his left. He looked around from the hill he stood on and began to scan the area for anything of interest.

(Boar1) 14866 -Rolled a 5 on the d10 (mob) dice

(Boar2) 14868 -Rolled a 10 on the d10 (mob dice

Combat Over

I used 1 bread and 1 water

Walking along the plains Daenar thought his time around it would be more fun to just simply explore the field getting an idea of what this game was like. As walked along the field he noticed there were some players teamed up fighting a pack of wolves. Daenar wanted to rush out there and help, but figured it best not to run in there and ruin their hunt. He just watched as these four players took on three wolves and Daenar noticed that they were taking their time fighting the wolves and were being careful not to take any damage. Daenar thought this was strange. Usually a normal player would only use that tactic during boss fights considering in most games boss fights can either be long or difficult or sometimes both. Daenar watched as the players were split into pairs and the two pairs were in a deadlock with a wolf while the third was left to roam free around them. Daenar snickered and said to himself, "Smart, but it would have been better if both groups had focused their attack on one and then either divide and conquer or repeat the strategy with all three." Daenar watched as the fight continued and one of the pairs ended up taking out their wolf, but just then the third wolf rushed in behind them and tackled one of them to the ground and began biting and ripping the player apart until the player burst and turned into shards of light signaling that the player had just died. Daenar could hear the player's partner scream out "no" in horror as he watched his partner die in front of him. The wolf's victory was short lived though cause the moment the other wolf had died all three of the players ran the beast through with their weapons. Daenar then noticed that once the fight was over the three remaining players were both weeping at their friend's death and Daenar thought to himself, 'They're acting as if their had literally just died. They do realize they're just playing a game right?' Daenar shook his head and continued to walk around the plains.