[PP-F5] Blade of Dreams (Pepper, Saix)

"Yep," Pepper explained. "See, the Dragon Heart Stones have holes inside, just like we have chambers in our hearts. Or, rather, your hearts. I'm a virtual creation." Her voice sounded sad as she said this. She then reached into the furnace and pulled out the hot metal with her tongs.

"Careful," she whispered to herself, gently placing it on the anvil. She then equipped her hammer and raised it above her head.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sadness in her voice seemed to catch him by surprise as he listened to her explanation. He paused for a moment, trying to think of what he might say after her wistful tone. "That doesn't make you any less real." He said finally, after mulling the idea over. "Right now, if I were to touch you I would feel you, as though you were flesh and blood." He points out, his brow screwing up as he ponders how best to stay what he feels. "Flesh and blood or pixels and polygons, it doesn't really matter. We are both alive in this digital world." He said, before abruptly realizing how strange he might sound. "Oh, I'm sorry to prattle Ms Pepper." He adds, rubbing at the back of his head rather sheepishly.

Pepper turned, then blushed. She shook her head and and raised her hammer a little bit higher. She then slammed down on the metal, trying to hide her blush. She continued to hammer on the metal until it became a glowing mass and turned itself into a sword.

It was a shortsword, crimson like blood. It was sharp and heavy, obviously a strong sword. Pepper gripped the handle and lifted the sword, shining it through a glint of sunlight that broke through a crack in the brick walls.

"What do you think?"

((OOC: At this point you may describe your sword in better detail so I will know what to draw))

Saix watched the petite young blacksmith work with fascination, noting the forceful hammer strikes that made the process seem so realistic. When he had looked at the profession information, he had dismissed most as being a watered down grind. However, the proof before him showed that it was anything but. While no doubt smithing was more complicated when you had the hammer in your hand in front of a real furnace, this was very realistic none the less. When the sword completed before her, and she lifted the blade to catch the light, he blinked.

It had turned out even better than he imagined. A thin blade of a deep crimson, gleaming like it was bathed in blood, tapering to a sharp point that looked equally suited for thrusting as it was slashing. If he had to try and guess the origin of the thin blade type, he would have thought it would most likely represent an Italian Long Sword, circa 1600. The Crossguard was a simple cruciform shape, and made of a dark gun metal grey, terminating in a black wrapped hilt that looked slightly longer than a single hilt, as though he could grasp the bottom of the pommel with two hands if need be. A plane black stone embellished the teardrop shaped pommel and accented the blood red blade magnificently.

"Amazing..." he said, watching the blood red blade catch the light as she held the blade aloft.