Skill Ideas  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have an Identify Skill? For identifying monster levels / HP / attack patterns / etc.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
  2. 2. Should we have an Appraisal Skill? For appraising rare monster drops & loot.

• Yes
    • No
    • Tie it into Profession Levels
    • Don't Care

In the episode with the reaper we get a line of dialogue about Kirito being unable to identify somethings' level, suggesting it could be as strong as something on floor 90; but also suggesting that Kirito just wasn't strong enough at that point to identify creatures of that strength.

As far as appraisal, an appraisal request would still require GM approval, but would have a drops stats hidden until a request is made, and a GM approves and reveals the rare items stats.

I voted no for both of them simply because I believe it makes in a roleplay setting it is not practical for any case.

Let's say I am going on a hunting trip (combat) for materials, and in order to satisfy the loot requirements, it must be within a certain restriction. This is hard, since as everyone creates monsters/bosses based on them to fulfill specific requirements to get the drops (levels, hp, etc...). I don't see how there is a way one can fight a monster not knowing any of that information, at least in a RP.

As for having the drops stats hidden, it creates a problem where the player will have to go find someone to check it, who will in turn message a GM and possibly reveal it, when it could easily be posted publicly after each boss. This would unnecessary "additional" steps in the system, and this would make the system worst than it is today.

There is no real point making the basic information harder to uncover (Item Drop Stats, Monster HP/Att Damage). These are fundamentals required for any combat thread and without this information before hand, I don't see how a combat RP is possible.