[PP-F1] Wanderers (Vashtor & Aquila) (Completed)

Rusty stood quietly as the two discussed their outside life. He didn't want to interfere with their conversation so he headed back towards the tree where he was reading his leathery book and sat down. He didn't get why they were so willing to describe their personal lives to others. It didn't matter. He was going to leave the two to talk and maybe he could get the peace and quiet he so desperately wanted. Quietly flipping through the pages, Rusty continued to immerse himself deeper and deeper into the shell that he loved to hide in. He didn't like talking much and it wasn't important for him to talk, it wasn't as if his life depended on it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vashtor politely waited for Rusty to have a chance to jump in, but when he went back to reading he shrugged his shoulders and looked to Aquila after a moment of frowning. "Well, I only recently got my act together, so no shops for me. Still kinda low leveled, but I have my vision of what to do character wise." He nods softly and taps his foot against the blunt end of his axe. "Big weapon, heavy armor eventually if I can get that. If you need to put a name to the image, try 'berserker' or such." He chuckles softly "Like I said before, I like things simple. It's not the most finesse filled strategy, but that's fine with me!" He nods to himself and adds "Though your vision seems to be rather near, if you don't mind me saying..."

After a moment of consideration he goes on to say to the larger man "If you put me on the spot and said 'pick a profession' you'd get a blank stare. Artisan is too artsy, smithing would result in me stealing a lot of my own stock, and weaving means I have to deal with fashionistas." He laughs to himself "Fishing sounds simple and good, though maaaaaybe alchemy. No real guarantees there, again the problem of embezzlement arises."

Aquila waves his hand dismissively.

"I'd like to take it slow with my shop. As far as I can tell there aren't any other smithies on that floor, and with it being right next to the Arena I don't wanna get flooded with orders that I can't fill, you know?" He glances at Rusty as the boy extracts himself from the conversation, but decides not to push on it further and turns back to Vash.

"Nothing wrong with sampling your own wares. Hell, I just crafted this armour a few days ago." He pounds a fist on his chest to emphasize his point, causing a loud metal clanging.

"Besides, alchemy'll definitely bring you a lot of profit. Everyone needs healing crystals, especially considering our current circumstances."

Rusty overheard the two players talking about profession s, but even then he didn't want to get involved. He had finished his book and had nothing else to do. Getting up from his grassy seat, Rusty took out his rapier and pointed it at a random boar. If he wasn't going to talk and he couldn't read, fighting a boar would be the next best thing. Running at the standstill boar, he swiped his sword but he had missed. Fortunately, he was able to dodge the boar's counterattack.

Rusty's HP: 22/22

Boar's HP: 11/11

ID: 14689 BD: 2 MD: 5 (6 - 1 Evasion)

Vashtor nodded happily to Aquila since he raised a few rather good points. "True, and the poisons help things die faster, so those are always a nice bonus. I guess I try to make myself well off rather than turn a profit." He chuckled softly and gives a shrug "Ah well, I will sort it out someday. For now, I am content to hoard materials!" He blinked, having lost sight of Rusty but hearing the sounds of combat nearby he suddenly removes his weight from his weapon and turns, weapon held ready until he saw it was just a boar!

Sighing in relief he lets his axe go back down and said "Geez, jumping at shadows." He laughed softly to himself "Ah well, better safe than sorry, I suppose." He keeps an eye on the battle just in case. He had a bad run in with a lucky boar before, good thing luck is with him as well! He didn't want to throw Rusty off so he didn't sarcastically ask if he needed a hand. 

Aquila looks on at the battle with a bit of interest, his eyes darting between the boar and Rusty.

"What do you think about Rusty? Kid seems pretty... quiet. You think he's taken this whole situation of ours a little rough? It was pretty hard for me the first few weeks." He sits up and rests his arms in his lap, looking over at Vash.

Those first few weeks had been bad, nothing but pure anger. Though... no. Now wasn't the time to dwell on the past. He needed to look ahead to the future. The lead group was already preparing to clear the floor 10 boss, and he was dedicated to getting strong enough to be there.

He blinks, lost in thought as he's brought back to reality.

Rusty continued to fight the boar with increased vigor. With his rapier in hand, he somersaulted over the beast and stabbed in its side. He had gotten the critical he so desperately wanted, although this wouldn't last long. The boar impaled his body with extreme prejudice and was able to knock him down, injuring him and making his health drop considerably. Rusty got up quickly however and continue to fight even with two red holes appearing in the are where he had been punctured.

Rusty's HP: 20/22

Boar's HP: 8/11

ID: 14689 BD: 9 MD: 9 (8 - 1 Evasion)

Vashtor raised a brow to Aquila's question but nodded with a sigh as he looked to the fighting player "Ohhh yeah, he's taking it hard. I don't really have the right to judge though. It was not long ago I was all torpor and putting things off. Buuut then the Col ran out. Been chop-chop-chop ever since." He scratched his head nervously as he recalled the days of laying in his bed and eating nothing but bread and drinking nothing but water. It was the longest catnap of his life, and pleasant as it might have been in one way, it lasted far longer than it really should have.

"Wanna know the most messed up part? I almost forgot how good -food- was! Tasteless bread and denial don't mix. I swear, if they didn't put taste receptors and the like in here, things would be waaaay suckier. Oh, there's a thought. Chef's a profession." He chuckles softly and calls sarcastically "Heeeey, taking quite a beating! Need some assistance?" He doubted that Rusty was actually going to accept the offer, and he himself was sure that Rusty could handle himself against the boar, but sometimes spite is a great motivator!

Aquila chuckles a bit.

"Cooking is quite the noble profession. There's nothing quite like a warm, freshly cooked meal right after a battle to soothe the spirits. The buffs are a nice little bonus too. Hell, I wish I could take some of that magic food back to the real world to help me get through a long day of work."

He focuses on Rusty, his eyes taking on a green shine for a second as he inspects the two. Rusty seems to be doing fine, so he doesn't feel the need to intervene. The stars were about to come out too, and those skybox artists sure did a good job of it. With a relaxed sigh he stretches his arms and reclines back fully in the grass, propping his head up on his arms as he stares up at the sky.

Rusty continued to fight the boar, but he didn't feel any urge to fight. The only thing he felt was the warm summer air, but he felt that everywhere on this floor. At any moment, he could end the fight and do whatever he wants, but the boar was doomed to be trapped in this endless cycle of fighting. It almost wasn't right. This entire train of thought was broken by the incoming attack by the boar, in which it knocked Rusty's rapier out of his hand and also send him flying into a nearby tree. My h-head..

Rusty's HP: 19/22

Boar's HP: 8/11

ID: 14812 BD: 1 MD: 8 (9 - 1 Evasion) CD: 12 (+1 HP)

Vashtor blinked when he saw Rusty get hit hard, the player's rapier knocked out of their hand and leaving them more than a little vulnerable. Vashtor lets his greataxe start to slip down his shoulder though his right hands grip, his left hand takes hold of the bottom half while his right regains its hold on the top half and he says "I'll be taking that as a yeeeees!" He holds his axe to the right of his body and starts to charge in! He slams the blade of his axe down between the incoming boar and the other player, effectively placing himself between the two of them and acting as a meat shield. The boar itself seeming to know better than to run itself into an attack, the two of them temporarily at a standstill.

ID: 14820

BD: 2

MD: 2

Result:

Vashtor 11/11 HP

Rusty 19/22 HP

Boar 8/11 HP

Aquila remains seated underneath the tree, observing the two of them face off against the boar. He certainly wasn't ever eager for battle, viewing it as a grim necessity instead of a fun pastime. He lets out a heavy sigh as mulls over thoughts. He had been so excited for this game initially. Back in his WoW and other traditional MMO days he had loved running in to be the frontline tank or wild DPS, so when this game was announced promising immersion like never before he had been one of the first ones to preorder. Just the thought of a game you could actually directly experience was enough for him, it was just an added bonus that the game was also an MMO like he was used to.

That was all before that fateful day where Kayaba appeared and explained their situation. Things went from being a fantastical, groundbreaking game to a living hell. No longer did he crave combat or action, he simply wanted to get home. And so he remained for the longest time in the Town of Beginnings, content in the knowledge there was a lead group striving daily to free everyone. Steadily however, the guilt built up. Why should he simply sit back and let a bunch of kids risk their lives while he, a perfectly capable adult, did nothing? It was then he geared up and headed out, determined to make up for lost time and join the lead group, not out of a thirst for battle, but out of a resolve to end all of this, as quickly and efficiently as possible. That's why he took up smithing, so he could maintain and make his own equipment.

He blinks away some fog in his vision and looks back up at the battle going on in front of him. Those two had everything handled, there was no need for him to intervene.

((Feel free to skip me until this combat is over))

Rusty stood up at an instant, grabbing his sword and leaping at the boar. Vashtor had joined in the fight and tried attacking but to no avail, missed. Charging up his sword, Rusty ran at the boar and slashed at its side in the shape of X. Dashing backwards, he went to Vashtor's side. "If you want to risk your life, then switch." He said to his companion.

The boar disliked the arrival of the new boar and snorted in anger. It didn't matter though, the boy with reddish hair wasn't a very agile person and had failed in his attack against it. Dragging its hoof to charge up a run, the animal rushed the boy with the cold eyes. It then stomped at his face and knocked the boy to the ground. Success! It had managed to injure the player again and if it kept this up, it would be able to get rid of him for once.

Rusty's HP: 18/22 | Hate: 2

Vashtor's HP: 11/11 | Hate: 0

Boar's HP: 6/11

ID: 14828 BD: 8 MD: 6 (7 - 1 Evasion) 

Seeing the other player run past him he smirked and watched as he sliced the boar up a bit, bringing the beast just barely over half health. He was glad that he was able to get up onto his legs and back into action so fast, it was a good trait for someone in this death game. "Risk nothing, I am at least as tough as this thing and I promise you stronger!" He saw the boar manage an attack on Rusty, seeming to be ignoring Vash for now.

Vashtor took this personally and decided to exclaim while charging at the boar "Eyes on me, pig!" Anyone who judged him as lacking agility was going to be in for a surprise. It may have been true he had no points in acrobatics or the like, but he wasn't exactly wearing armor right now! He cleaved his axe cleanly across the boar's side as punishment for turning away from him, and then using that momentum to lift his axe back into position, he slams it down into the beast's back! Naturally he withdrew the weapon before the boar could buck, the last thing he needed or wanted was the boar knocking his weapon out of his hands. "See what I mean?!"

He was happy go lucky to a fault. If he didn't die in this world, he might have just died in an accident the next day. Such was life, if you stress it you'll go mad. That was his philosophy on the matter, as much as he missed life back in the real world, there were positives and fun things to enjoy in this one too. He wasn't one of those people who wanted to stick around forever, he genuinely wanted to assist in getting people out. Until he had the chance though, he was going to milk this world for every drop of enjoyment it could give him, and just bask in the adrenaline of battle!

ID: 14830

BD: 10

MD: 3

Damage:

2+2 VS Boar

Result:

Vashtor HP 11/11, 2 Hate

Rusty HP 18/22, 2 Hate

Boar HP 2/11

Rusty gave a light kick at the ground as Vashtor proceeded to attack the boar. This battle was oger and the small monster would soon to be dead. It was a shame and Rusty didn't think he wanted to kill that beast. However, he had decided to do it out of boredom and he'd rather have it die to his hands than have it die to another player. Reaching to grab his rapier, Rusty did his typical attacking maneuvers and finished off the boar with a quick swipe of his sword. It was over and Rusty grabbed the loot and put it inside his inventory. Sighing, he put away his sword and stood, deciding to hold a quiet moment of peace without letting other people know he was doing so.

Rusty's HP: 18/22 | Hate: 2

Vashtor's HP: 11/11 | Hate: 2

Boar's HP: 0/11 -2 HP (+1 Material)

ID: 14861 BD: 7 (2 DMG) MD: 3 (4 - 1 Evasion) 

With the battle over Vashtor lifts his axe up to rest on his shoulder once more, stretching his neck and then beginning the walk back to Aquila. Rusty got the finishing blow and handled most of the fight himself, so he was happy to let him keep the item. He waved to Aquila and said "Hey, sorry about that! Where were we?" He chuckles as he looks to the bear of a man. He didn't think the NPC was particularly worthy of his respect, and it hadn't helped him in any way other than by ceasing to exist. It would respawn, be slain again, and so goes the circle of life. "Oh yeah, chef stuff. I think I might do that. Even I can't feel guilty for taking all the food I make for me." 

Aquila laughs heartily, smiling in mirth.

"Hah, don't worry about it. I only fight when I need to, and it just so happens I didn't need to today. Plus it looks like you can handle yourself with an axe like that." He points at the man's comically large great axe to punctuate his point.

He strokes his beard with a hand. "You should open up a shop. Be it restaurant, bakery, grocery store, whatever. I would certainly make regular visits, perhaps we could even set up some kind of trade agreement!" He didn't know what kind of agreement, but that was all for a later discussion, it was better to get the idea out now and let it grow than try and work out all the details here and now.

He glances over at Rusty, quirking an eyebrow ever so slightly at the boy's silent... mourning? Prayer? Introspection? Whatever it was, over the boar. It was a little strange to be paying the life of an NPC, an NPC animal at that, any sort of attention, but it was neither the time or his place to pass judgement on his actions, so he simply let him do him and turned back to Vash.

Rusty walked over back to the group after doing such actions and quietly sat down again. Although he didn't seem to be a person who felt bad for others, he usually pitied them, especially if there was a good reasons behind their actions, no matter how bad they are. For some reason though, today he just didn't like the senseless murder that he did today, even if the boars existed solely to be fought. It didn't matter, he had his moment and that was it. Quietly, Rusty continued to look at the blue, clear sky. It was this or talking to the two players who stood by him. He preferred the former choice almost always. In all seriousness, he wasn't a people person.

Vashtor grinned as Aquila talked about trade deals, a laugh passing his lips before he says "Steel for steak? I've heard of worse deals, at least they both have iron in them!" He shakes his head in partial disbelief and then says "Yeah yeah, the axe might be a bit big for me, I get it, I probably should have stuck to a dagger... But I dunno, it just feels comfier letting a huge blade do most of the work once the swing gets going!" He chuckles as he places his axe's head to rest against the ground, his weight against the handle.

He found his eyes wandering over to Rusty and he rolled them as he saw the player looking rather introspective, calling to the seemingly solo player. "And how about you? We're talking about our profession plans, what's yours?" He smiles in a friendly manner "Or are you planning to simply craft for yourself alone?" He tilted his head curiously, wondering how Rusty would do dealing with a shop if it become popular for its items.

Aquila nods at Vash's words. "Sound reasoning, you need to account for the recovery time though. Swinging around something that heavy slows you down and leaves you open for attack."

Aquila looks over to Rusty, interested in his response as well. It was getting a bit late, yeah, but he didn't mind all that much. It's not like they were that far out of town to begin with.