HEY EVERYONE, this is klick, your friendly neighborhood tank....

and i wanted to know about the martial artist skill

the quest saids that its an extra skill, is that true. Second, with this skill, gaunlets sort of act like weapons, so can i equip paralzye on them.

3rd can i get a permit for my build...

Hm...so going from what you've asked I believe I can help, since my character also uses the Martial Arts skill. First of all yes, I believe that it is an Extra Skill.

So essentially it functions like a weapon skill, so if you are fighting unarmed you get a bonus just like you would wielding a sword. Each rank boosts your damage by 1, so of course that means your Base Damage of 1 + Martial Arts Rank ? + Whatever other boosters you have = X

The only way you can get additional damage to your unarmed damage is if you equip an actual weapon that can have the Unarmed Damage enhancement. Unfortunately, since Gauntlets count as armor I don't believe that you can actually also add Paralyze to it. Definitely check with a GM though to make sure.

Just my two cents, and I could be wrong so feel free to ignore what I am saying.

Seeing how Martial Arts is the only skill in the locked skills not to be listed as "extra-skill" or orange text like the Katana skill, I think that unlike the katana skill or the other extra skills it takes up one of your 9 skill slots, so if you have a weapon skill as well as martial arts that leaves you with only 7 slots left for other skills rather than the regular 8 if you only had martial arts or only one weapon skill. In other words I think Martial Arts is a weapon skill, not an extra skill, we just cannot use it at character creation.

My second point is that if you look at the actual date it shows that the quest was placed there more than a year ago, and the links that I assume would lead to Martial Arts in the skills section is broken/not there but "<>", so I think it is safe to say the quest itself isn't in line with the current systems if it has not been edited to fix that issue.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, ask a GM about that paralysis question. It also might not be a good idea to pour poison on your hands before punching someone.

Just my two cents, and I could be wrong so feel free to ignore what I am saying.

Seeing how Martial Arts is the only skill in the locked skills not to be listed as "extra-skill" or orange text like the Katana skill, I think that unlike the katana skill or the other extra skills it takes up one of your 9 skill slots, so if you have a weapon skill as well as martial arts that leaves you with only 7 slots left for other skills rather than the regular 8 if you only had martial arts or only one weapon skill. In other words I think Martial Arts is a weapon skill, not an extra skill, we just cannot use it at character creation.

My second point is that if you look at the actual date it shows that the quest was placed there more than a year ago, and the links that I assume would lead to Martial Arts in the skills section is broken/not there but "<>", so I think it is safe to say the quest itself isn't in line with the current systems if it has not been edited to fix that issue.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, ask a GM about that paralysis question. It also might not be a good idea to pour poison on your hands before punching someone.

No u would pour it on your gloves silly

But thank you for checking it.

What about my build permit.