[PP F-2] To Draw or Not to Draw (EAL) (Niklaus)

Zeri was at the second floor with his basic clothes on. He was pacing back and forth thinking about what profession he should do. "Fishing. Not enough patience. Cook. No, I don't see myself cooking. Performer." Then Zeri blushed for a moment and said, "I rather not. Artisan? That sounds interesting."

Zeri had decided to try to become an artisan. Then Zeri started to walk around for a bit but couldn't find any shops. Sadden by that, he found a place to sit and said, "Well, are there any artisans here in the first place, and if so, would they even help me?" Zeri let his mind ponder about that thought while he continues to hope for an artisan to show up and hopefully help him become one.

Niklaus had just finished an elegant painting that he had been working on for the last couple of weeks here in SAO. The picture depicts Niklaus himself standing on top of several players dead bodies while holding a goblet filled with red wine. One could say his ego translated into everything he does. Some would also say he is a sadistic evil bastard who looks out for no one but himself. While both might be true, Nik never really cared for others opinions, only their actions.

The player tidied up his studio before heading out the door. He had no real plans aside from gathering more information on the whereabouts of his sister. 

Zeri was still wandering around wondering if he will ever find an artisan. "Why does it have to be so hard to find an artisan around here." Then a thought had crossed Zeri's mind, "How will the artisan act if I ever find one. Will they even teach me how to paint and draw and create other stuff?" Then Zeri started to walk around the town some. He then thought about his guild, Square One. "I need to find a way to help my guild out, no matter what it is." Then getting lost in his thoughts yet again, he ran right into something. "In pain, Zeri had said, "Ow, ow, ow! That really hurts! I'm really sorry to run into you, who or whatever you are." Zeri was holding his forehead, which covered his eyes, not allowing him to see what he ran into. So Zeri had waited for a respond to make sure he hadn't ran into a wall.

The wind in the starting city wasn't as calm as usual. The gust seemed to have a little more kick to it. As Niklaus strolled through the center of the plaza, he couldn't help but notice the influx of players on the floor today. So many weak imbeciles line the walkways of this depressing city. But worry not. Soon enough, I will rule this domain. Having been lost in thought, he didn't notice that one of those imbeciles was bee-lining straight for him.

A soft thud was all that was heard as the player backed away and apologized. "You ought to watch where you're going. I don't have time to dilly-dally with common players such as yourself. Unless of course you have some information I could be seeking. Ever heard of a female player by the name Rebekah? She's about ye high, blonde hair, and pretty high leveled from what I hear?" 

"At least it wasn't a wall, that would've been embarrassing." Zeri said to the guy as he got up. Then the guy had said something which annoyed Zeri a little and he said, "Umm, don't you fall into that category as well?" Then the guy had asked him about a player which name he recognized and Zeri saw this as an opportunity. "Yes I have heard of that player before, but if you want any information that I know of her so far, you have to help me out with something. So, do we have a deal?" Zeri had stuck his hand out in hopes he would accept.

Niklaus rubbed his chin mulled over the various scenarios that could play out. After a few seconds of thought he came to a conclusion. "I'll agree to help you. On one condition. You tell me what you know immediately. I have many things to worry about and the sooner I can find her the better." Nik raised an eyebrow and stuck out his hand. Grasping the other player's hand, he gave it a firm shake before continuing. 

"I suppose I should ask your name. Mine is Niklaus. Yours? And what information do you have regarding Rebekah?"

"Ok. Here's my end of the deal; do you know any artisans around here that will be willing to teach me?" Then Zeri thought about what the player had said again, and then Zeri said, "How important is Rebekah to you." Then the two players shook hands as the other player introduced himself as Nikalus. "Nice to meet you Nikalus. My name is Zeri." Then Zeri thought about how much information he should give to Nikalus now until he finishes his end of the deal. After a little bit of thinking Zeri said, "Well, me and Rebekah are in the same guild, called Square One. Last time I checked, I believe she's on the first couple of floors, but I quite can't remember which it is." Zeri held back on that part just in case Nikalus tries to bail on him. "So, do you think you can help me?"

"I only know of one active artisan and it is myself. As far as willing to teach goes... I suppose I can teach you in the ways of paint and sculpting as those are my preferred methods." Nik raised another eyebrow at the boys next inquiry. "If you must know, she is my sister. And that alone is enough reason why it is imperative that I find her." Zeri ? An awfully weird name. Sadly it seems we are on the same level in terms of strength so killing him would be prove more difficult than it's worth. Furthermore he may still have information regarding her whereabouts.

"I also already knew she could be between the first couple of floors. If you could remember exactly which floor, it would be much more appreciated." Klaus stepped back, and looked the player over, then closed his eyes and spoke. "So what exactly do you need my help with?"

"Oh, that's great then! Anything you can teach me is fine by me!" Zeri had said very ecstatically to Nikalus. Then Nikalus had answer his question to how important Rebekah is to him and Zeri couldn't help but fell bad for him. "Oh...well I guess I can help you find her. Last time I checked, she was around the first floor. If she's there now, I have no idea." Then Zeri got a little bit sad as he answer Nikalus's next question."As to why I want to do this is because I really want to help my guild out any way I can." Then Zeri took a deep breath to get himself under control cause Zeri wasn't the type of person who was good at expressing his feelings and then asked Nikalus, "So what do I need to do to get ready?"

Eh he's one of those eager types. Though if I can gain some type of loyalty from him, his intel could prove invaluable. He's also emotional it seems. "Alright. I'll help you out. And to think she's been there for more or less the whole time. You mentioned a guild. It wouldn't happen to be Square One would it?" I had my hunches. This just proves it. As far as being an Artisan goes he'll need a few supplies. 

"To become an Artisan, you'll need a paint brush, paint and a canvas. You can have these items made if you gather the materials. Once gathered, return them to an information broker who knows about the quest and you should be able to become an Artisan from there." Nik glared at the boy. Then stretched out a hand. "Let's go, while the day is still young."

"Yes it would be Square One." Zeri had told Nikalus. Then Nikalus told Zeri what he needed to do in order to become an artisan. "Okay! I guess I should start by looking for some materials then." Zeri had told Nikalus before he left to to search for some mats.

After leaving town, Zeri found a potential spot and started searching everywhere, but couldn't find anything good enough to salvage. "I guess I should stop searching around here since I can't find anything usable. But I'm not giving up, I'll just have to search harder to find some materials to use. I will become an artisan for my guild...I swear!"

ID: 15037 LD: 8 (fail)

• 2 weeks later...

[15308] LD: 14

As I thought. Now I just have to locate her. But it will be a lot easier now. As for this Zeri character let's make this quick. I have business to attend to. Luckily Nik didn't have to wait long, since the boy ran off to search for materials. I guess I should help to speed up the process. 

Niklaus exited the safe zone and headed for the fields. He kept his eyes peeled for wooden materials that could be foraged. The fields were barren however. Where'd the brat run off to? "Zeri?!?!"

"Over here!" Zeri yelled out to Nikalus. Then Zeri approaches Nikalus and said to him, "If you want, maybe I can message your sister to meet us somewhere and see where is goes from there." Zeri was determined to help Nikalus get to his sister, just as he was determined to become an artisan.

Zeri then looked around some more to find some wood good enough to be salvaged, but failed to find any. "Man! This is going to be harder than I thought. But nothing will stop me from finishing this." Then he took a deep breath and said, "Keep calm and don't lose hope. No matter how hard something may seem, don't quit. Keep fighting, and only then, success will come." Zeri then took another deep breath and said to Nikalus, "Let's keep searching. I know we can find something sooner or later."

ID: 15309 LD: 6 (fail)

"Ahh there you are. As for my sister, that matter can be handled at another time." If I let him call her she might think somethings up and she can't know of my presence just yet. Nik whipped around to see what the younger player was babbling about. All that ruckus over a material. What is with this kid? Klaus glanced around for some materials. He figured the sooner he found the stuff the better.

[15571] LD: 7

His search yielded no better results than Zeri. "Keep searching. There's gotta be something around here somewhere."

"If you say so." Zeri had told Nikalus as he said that it could be handled later. Then Zeri went around and started searching for more material. "I'm bound to find one sooner or later, I hope" Zeri said to himself as he continued to search for some good materials to use. Yet again, his search lead him empty handed and Zeri started to try to think of a better way to grab some mats. "Hey Nikalus. Do you know of a better way to find some material cause searching doesn't seem to bring up any luck at all."

ID:15572 LD: 2(fail)