[PP-F1] (Complete) A New Star In the Starlight Cafe (Kotori)

"There's certainly nothing wrong with that haha. I chose the rapier simply because it seemed like a weapon for gentleman," he commented with grin. Standing up, Oikawa gestured for Kotori to follow him. "Ready to try some hunting? I promise the boars are easier to kill than they look." Opening his HUD, he opted to pay for the meal they just consumed and left a tip. He then skimmed through his inventory until he finally settled on a specific item.

Without revealing what he was doing, he sent her a friend request and attached an item to the request. "Here is something to help with your first bout. Every friend I've made here so far, has helped me in one way or another. I look to continue that generosity."

Attached Item:

Name: (Feral Bite)

Profession: (Blacksmith)

ID: (8069)

Roll: (10)

Item Type: (One-Handed Dagger)

Quality: (Uncommon)

Enhancements: (+1 Damage)

Description: (A slender one-handed dagger created from wolf blood-infused metal.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kotori nodded her head as she leaned upwards, sitting correctly. She did this while having a slight smile on her face. "I'm ready, hopefully. I don't think the boars are too hard to fight just that I've heard um some rumors.. of players dying..." She mumbled the last part, a frown appearing on her face in place of the grin. It seemed Oikawa was thinking about that too as he decided to not only send a friend request to her, but also added a gift to go with it. It was a thin dagger and its stats added an extra damage point to her attacks. Kotori was almost awe-struck at the beauty of it, but she was even more surprised that he simply gave it to her even though he had only recently met her. She couldn't think of saying anything to thank Oikawa, so instead she simply hugged him. "Thank you." Kotori whispered in his ear.

"Ahh yeah the death rumors. While true. Most of those players made two mistakes. One, they didn't gain experience from interaction and level themselves up a bit. Two, they didn't go with someone else. Soloing is dangerous. Especially when you're new." As she accepted the request and collected her gift, Oikawa couldn't help but feel good as she seemed to be genuinely happy with the gift. He suddenly felt a hug. Surprised, he hugged her back and whispered "You're welcome".

Breaking the sudden embrace, he hid his blushing face as he turned towards the door. "The boars should be easy for you and your new weapon, though since I'm in your party, you may have difficulty gaining any materials." That was certainly unexpected.

Kotori followed Oikawa viligently while holding her new dagger in her hand. It was very well-made and its description made it seem like a rare item that was found in treasure chests on the the harder floors of Aincrad. No matter how it was made or where it came from, she still adored it. As they walked towards the fields, Oikawa described how it would be pretty difficult for them to receive any materials because his level was so high, but materials wasn't what Kotori was in it for. She was in it to learn how to fight monsters correctly and also try gaining some levels for once because she wasn't going to deal with being so weak any longer. First off however, she needed to wield it right.

She followed the blonde in silence. Oikawa looked back ever so often to make sure she was still following him. A s they neared the gates. He slowed to a halt and turned on his heel. "Just outside this gate lies the starting fields. The monsters on this floor are about as scary as my jacket. You should do fine. And should you get into a pinch, I'm right here to help you out." With his iconic grin plastered to his face, he led the player outside the safe zone and into the mostly empty fields. Save for a few players and the randomly spawned boars. The area had little to offer.

"Well looky there." He said pointing just up ahead. "Your first Mob. While I'm no expert in dagger wielding, I've seen it enough to know that one; it's a close quarters combat weapon. Meaning you need to be pretty close in order to inflict damage. Secondly, you can either hold it with the point up and go for stabs and slashes or flip it for a reverse grip and go for more emphatic thrusts and swipes. Surprisingly you can throw it as well. Though you do have to retrieve it."

Pausing to breathe, he waited for her to confirm that she understood everything he had just said. Once he was sure she did, he continued. "Now be weary of the boars tusk though they inflict minimal damage, it still hurts nonetheless. Though I'm sure you can handle it. Any questions?"

Kotori nodded as Oikawa described the various ways in which she could attack and use her dagger in a combat situation. There was so many different ways she could attack but in the end she chose the one way that allowed her to attack from afar and also retrieve it quickly without any trouble whatsoever. She focused deeply, her eyes zooming on the unsuspecting boar. She gripped her knife with small fingers and concentrated, ignoring all outside noise. Finally she found her spot. Her eyes found the perfect angle to throw and she tossed it sideways. Once she let go of the dagger, she ran quickly at the animal and caught it as it grazed the side of the animal. There was a long deep red gash and for a second she became afraid that it would get angry, but it simply moaned in pain. Kotori found herself disgusted at what she had done. It was a poor animal and she had injured it. This was the angle the animal was trying to play, the injured gazelle. It caught her distracted and was able to knock to the ground. "Wha..." was the last thing she said before her head made contact with the grass. She winced in pain and could barely get back up. "D-Dang it! You s-stupid little p-pig! Pick on s-somebody your own size!" she yelled at the mob.

Kotori: 14/15

Oikawa: 65/65

Boar: 29/33

ID: 15737

BD: 9 (Base 3 DMG + 1 DMG Critical = 4 DMG)

MD: 8 (Base 1 DMG = 1 DMG)

Oikawa observed as the girl took a lowered stance. He could see her focusing on the boar in question. This one seemed bulkier and stronger than most of the boars on this floor. Hmm maybe I should've picked a less intimidating opponent for her. he was then surprised when the girl let her dagger slice through the air and grazing the Mob. She quickly grabbed the blade as it flew past the animal.

Oikawa was quite astounded at the feat. "Nice throw Kotori. Watch-"His sentence ended before it started as the girl was tossed to the ground by the vengeful pig. Luckily she seemed to be alright as she yelled at it. Chuckling to himself, he drew his rapier and darted towards the boar. As it reared up and prepared to tackle him with it's tusks, the blonde quickly jumped up. Almost as if he vanished and reappeared before suddenly descending on the animal with his rapier. Piercing it's flesh, he removed the blade and jumped back. 

"Not bad for your first attack. Let's see if you can land another!"

Boar: 20/33

ID: 15738

BD: 6 [3+3] (Base 9 DMG = 9 DMG)

Kotori felt the blood rushing to her face as she overheard Oikawa laughing. It wasn't very funny at all, the boar had just managed to trick her. The color of face transformed from pale to almost completely crimson and she grew very angry at the two of the. She grabbed her dagger tightly, her finger gripping tightly on the edges of the handle. She decided not to concentrate, it would be best to avoid the same attack as the animal now knew one of her many attacks. She decided to go in for the kill even if one hit from her would still not kill it. She dashed towards the boar and pulled her dagger towards insides, its serrated edge facing the boar's face. Seconds before she made contact, Kotori closed her eyes in fear of missing and getting punctured on the boar's tusks. Ironically, she ended up missing because she closed her eyes and ran past the boar, her eyelids still shut. The boar itself has also dashed forwards, thinking the girl will end up on its tusks. Kotori opened her eyes and found herself meters away from her target. At that moment her face grew an almost bright red, as if it was a tomato. "S-stupid pig!"

Kotori: 14/15 H: 2

Oikawa: 65/65 H: 1

Boar: 29/33

ID: 15805

BD: 5 (Failure = 0 DMG)

MD: 1 (Critical Failure = 0 DMG)

Oikawa stood back and watched as Kotori went in for a more personal attack. The brunette quickly closed the distance and it seemed as if she was on a collision course with the creature. However, things went south, as she supposedly closed her eyes and darted right past the overgrown warthog.

With a grin he stepped forward to grab the boars attention.  "One should not close their eyes in battle. One must be fearless and aware of their target at all times. Less you want to be killed my friend." Man I hope I didn't sound too mean or teacherly. I just wanted to offer some advice... His train of thought was interrupted by the sound of pained grunts and the kicking of hooves. The boar launched itself at the blonde. Quickly side-stepping the linear attack, Oikawa pivoted on his heel and thrusted his rapier into the hind-side of the boar.

The creature skidded forward a few paces before flipping and rolling to a halt. "Well that was a bit over-dramatic don't you think? You're up Kotori!"

Boar: 11/33

ID: 15827

BD: 7 [4+3] (Base 9 DMG = 9 DMG)

Kotori was already looking to attack the boar as she concentrated at the task at hand. It was simple really, the direction the boar was pointing at, combined with its known attacks and its hatred for the two allowed for easy pickings. She held the dagger handle first as she speeded towards the demonic pig. The boar was going in for a charge, all she had to was stab on its side, endings it attack. To do this, Kotori ran towards the boar's tusks, attempting to do what she wanted to first. Just before the boar made contact with her, she side-stepped and put her arm out to its sides. The boar fell for her trick, the dagger ripped through its flesh like butter. Kotori ran backwards and nodded at Oikawa, signaling for him to attack. She wasn't overjoyed or happy she successfully attacked, all she was focusing on was the task at hand.

Kotori: 14/15 H: 4

Oikawa: 65/65 H: 2

Boar: 7/33

ID: 15884

BD: 9 (Base 3 DMG + 1 DMG (Crit) = 4 DMG)

MD: 2

While she didn't return his banter, Oikawa knew she was determined to best the boar. The concentrated look on her face gave it away. Her determination is admirable. Its cute really haha well I suppose I should wrap this up. His thoughts came to a close as Kotori faked the pig out and daggered it along its side. A little too carelessly, Oikawa went for a straight thrust when his thoughts distracted him again. He skidded past the boar. Just barely avoiding being impaled by it's tusks. Scratching the back of his head, he grinned and shouted "My apologies. I goofed that attack all up. The pig is your's again."

Boar: 7/33

ID: 15891

BD: 4 [1+3] (Base 0 DMG)

Kotori's concentration was broken as she let Oikawa have his turn at the boar, weak but still up for the fight. She stood by and watched the boy as he basically failed at the even touching the animal. She smirked slightly as she watched this, it was amusing to see him do this. Still, they had a task at hand. She need to concentrate and watch her surroundings very carefully. Crunch. That was the noise made by the now angry boar when it punctured Kotori with its massive tusks. At first, she was just simply in shock at the fact that she was attacked. Then the pain set in. It was a terrible pain, as if somebody has repeatedly stabbed her in the same place again and again. Still, she endured it out of pure anger. She grabbed her dagger with her hand and stabbed with ferociously at the animal, cutting its eyes with red pixelated lines. That made the boar let go. That was it, she was going to make the boar pay if it was the last thing she did.

Kotori: 12/15

Boar: 4/33

ID: 15912
BD: 7 (Base 3 DMG)
MD: 9

Oikawa was glad to see that she wasn't so serious that she couldn't enjoy herself while battling. To him, if you couldn't be calm and relaxed while still fighting seriously, you still had much to learn in the art of combat. A mindset that he was still working on himself. A blood-curling crunch snapped his attention to Kotori as she buckled from the blow she had just received. "Kotori!" The blonde yelled as he rushed towards her.

He was ready to help her out when suddenly a dagger pierced the boar several times over until it released her and backed away. I honestly don't know whether I should be proud or afraid?? Not dwelling on the thought, Oikawa reversed the grip on his rapier, much like how Kotori currently wielded her dagger, and jumped above the boar. Aiming downwards, he let himself drop until his blade split the boar in half. As it crushed into thousands of pixels, he walked towards the bag of loot and materials and picked it up. Glancing at the girl, he tossed her the bag and smiled. "Your first spoils of war. Good job on fighting your first Mob."

Sheathing his rapier, he turned towards Kotori and offered her his hand. "Shall we get you healed up back in town?"

Kotori: 12/15

Boar: 0/33 DEAD

ID: 15969

BD: 6 [3+3] (Base 9 DMG)

LD: 12

[Oikawa - the Faint received 1 Material and 165 Col]

Kotori at first ignored the boy's cries, she wasn't in that much pain and she managed to rid herself of the bone-like horn. She was somewhat alright, but she still sat down and watched as Oikawa finally dealt the last hit. The boar disappeared into pixels and left behind only one material and few pieces of col. Oikawa threw both of them at her. Kotori fumbled with the bag of loot before keeping it safely inside the palms of her hand. She was overjoyed to have actually experience fighting normally for the first time but at the same time wondered how she would do on her own. Of course, Oikawa wouldn't be there to help her out all the time because in a seriousness, they had only just met. She decided to ignore this thought anyway. Kotori grabbed his hand tightly and was able to lift herself off the ground before plastering a small grin on her face. "I'm fine, I'm not that hurt anyway, we should just get back." As the brunette walked with him, she curiously looked at the bag and pondered what she could actually do with such an item. "Uh.. I d-don't know what to do with the material, didn't you mention having a shop somewhere?" she asked, confused as to what to do with the object.

The brunette reluctantly grabbed his hand. Allowing him to pull her up and lead her back to town. She reassured him that she was fine and just wanted to get back to town. Her small grin was adorable, and Oikawa couldn't help but grin back as the walked the path back towards the city limits. Kotori began to fiddle with the bag of loot and inquired on what she should do with the material."Well here in Aincrad materials can be just as good as Col. A lot of shopkeepers use materials as a form of currency So I'd hold on to that for now. Or if you yourself decide to take up a profession, you'll at least have something to start with."

The city was only a few minutes away as the gates rolled into view. Oikawa looked down at the girl walking with him. He felt somewhat drawn to her. He couldn't put it into words, but something was definitely amazing about her. He just couldn't explain it. Shaking the thoughts away, he replied to her question about his shop. "Yeah it's actually here on the first floor. Not to far away from the cafe we were in. You are welcome to stop by whenever you like."

The duo stepped into the gates and reentered the city. Looking around Oikawa tried to think of what to do next. "Well miss Kotori, what do you suppose we do next?" 

"I definitely will stop by!" The girl asserted after Oikawa mentioned how his shop was near the cafe. She would definitely go visit it in the nearby future, but first she would need to start leveling up. It wasn't good to be weak forever. It was simple. She would go into the wild on her own, nothing but her knife and her brain to help her survive. Of course, she wasn't going to tell the boy because from his perspective, she was still a rookie at fighting. She thought about this, completely forgetting that Oikawa was currently asking her a question as to where else they would go for the rest of the day. Her eyes were staring into the distant which would clue in the boy as to her state of mind. Soon, Kotori thought, soon. She was obviously daydreaming or simply wondering about other things and most likely the player to the side of her would see this.

Oikawa had been gazing for quite some time when he realized Kotori hadn't answered him yet. Shifting his gaze to her, he noticed she seemed lost in thought. He observed her and smiled at the thoughts that danced through his head. Well she's certainly beautiful. And she seems easy-going and despite her fear of combat, she showed real prowess in that fight. Mulling over his own thoughts, it dawned on him what that feeling earlier was. I like her. 

Simple as that. His face flushed a bright red before returning to normal. Just take it easy. You've only just met her. He shifted his thoughts aside and focused back on the girl. "Umm Kotori? You're not planning on doing anything reckless are you? You've been lost in thought for a while now. Not that I haven't been haha."

"Um.. N-No! I'm not thinking a-about anything.. I was just staring off in the distance." She fibbed, not wanting to say her true intentions. She was surprised that he was able to tell what she pondering about, then again she might've been saying it out loud.. Her eyes floated back down to the ground. Then she noticed something she hadn't seen before. Oikawa was blushing for some reason. That was strange, he would have no reason to do so at the moment. Unless.. "No.." She thought, putting his scarlet cheeks as him simply being cold. She was just daydreaming, there was nothing there.

"Haha it's written all over your face silly." he replied with a chuckle. He could feel his cheeks becoming hot again as both of them looked away. He was then surprised to hear Kotori's next statement. "U-um sure..why not? It's not too much further anyhow." That's surprising... Rubbing his neck, the blonde led the girl down a few alleys and across a cobbled road. A small shop sat just up ahead. "Well there it is. I wonder if King is napping?"

Kotori nodded as the boy motioned towards his shop, a dainty little building that had the name "Gurando Foji plastered in the front. One little thing caught her ear. Oikawa had mentioned the word king, but he didn't say the before. Was it a friend of is or was this something else? She was curious as to what he had meant by King so she questioned his sentence. "Um.. who's King?" The brunette asked as they finally entered forge. She couldn't put her finger on it, but Kotori had a feeling she was about to find out.