[PP-F1] (Complete) A New Star In the Starlight Cafe (Kotori)

Opening the door for the lass, Oikawa nudged her inside. The shop wasn't much. a few benches lined the wall next to the door as a waiting area and the walls were line with armors and weapons. Just ahead of them lied a counter and just behind that was a door leading to the actual furnace and crafting tables. At the end of the counter, in a curled heap, lied a grey, black spotted leopard cub. As usual he was napping. Oikawa picked him up and petted him until he awoke.

"Hey King, we have a special visitor. This is Kotori." The blonde stated as he gestured to the brunette not to far behind him. Placing King on his head as per usual, he approached the girl and Knelt so that her and King were eye level. "Kotori this is my familiar King. I rescued him from some rather unpleasant conditions. He loves to nap and he has the ability to heal 5 HP."

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Aww.." Kotori cooed. "He's so adorable!" The girl became endeared with the small cub to the point that she just wanted to pick it up and hug it till it couldn't breath anymore. She started to pet his sleek fur while maintaining direct eye contact with Oikawa. "What type of conditions?" She asked, curious as to what he meant by that. From what she heard about the quest to gain a familiar, a player had to fight a mob and then feed it food so that it would become basically their pet. Honestly, if Kotori was a monster, she would want to become somebody's pet simply because it would be preferable than having to watch her back and defend herself against players.

"..Just like you.." Oikawa whispered more to himself rather than the girl. As their gazes met, she inquired about the conditions King was found in. "Well do you know of <Glacial Cove> located on the 4th floor? Well as I was exploring one of its dungeons, I came across King here being kidnapped by a pack of wolves. So naturally I stepped in and defeated the wolves allowing King to go back with his parents, but I ended up being able to bring him home as my familiar and companion." The cub purred and nuzzled against Kotori. "Well at least he likes you. He hates being touched nine times out of ten haha!"

Kotori listened in amazement as Oikawa described the circumstances in how he found King, his familiar. He was such a nice person that he went out of his way to save the little cub, who at the moment was enjoying her scratching. It must've been happy to have been saved in such a way. "Wow.. that's so noble of you." she muttered, looking at him with eyes that admired him. At first she had though that he was just a typically nice guy, but even the idea of doing all that for an animal that technically isn't even alive was heroic in her eyes. "I'm pretty sure he must love being able to be called your familiar.." The girl continued to pet the small cub as she spoke this.

"It felt like the right thing to do you know?" Oikawa's face flushed briefly at the praise, causing him to break their eye contact. Once he was sure his face had returned to it's normal color, he locked eyes with her once more. She gets prettier each time I look at her. How? A twinge of red returned to his cheeks as he spoke. "Honestly i don't know. King and I have never really fought, not that'd we'd be able to communicate anyway. But i think we put up with each others antics and that has created a bond between us that is just as strong, if not stronger, than love."

Kotori's smile faded a bit as she listened to what Oikawa thought was his relationship with his cub. It would be so nice to be able to have had someone there when she was down. Still, what was in the past was in the past. Her eyes looked back up at the blonde's. That was odd. For some odd reason he was blushing. Was it because she basically praised him for his nobility. It must have been since she couldn't think of any other reason why the boy's cheeks were that shade of red. Her eyes glanced outside. It seemed that the moon was setting. They had been together for almost the entire night and when Kotori realized this, her eyes widened and her mouth transformed into the shape of a o.

Silence draped them like the stars blanketed the sky. Oikawa wasn't sure what to do. He stood there and just observed in silence. He noticed Kotori's glance to the window and which made him realize that they had been together for quite some time. It's already night? Where did the time go? I suppose I should take her home. "Well it seems to be getting pretty late. I should probably get you checked back in to you inn. I don't mind walking you over, if you'll have my company."

"That would be nice, its not too far away from here though." The girl answered, slightly more focused on the night sky. She didn't want to make it more awkward then it already was, but she still didn't want him to feel as if he had done something bad for her to decline his request. "Uh.. sure, you can come with me. I was just unsure if you wanted to bunker down for the night." She confirmed, deciding to let him accompany her on her way back to the inn. Kotori yawned slightly, already feeling a bit exhausted from today's events. Once she got to her bed, she would most likely fall asleep instantly. Already she was thinking of simply resting in her bed when they hadn't even left Oikawa's shop yet.

Hearing her first statement, Oikawa was unsure whether he should accompany her or not. Ah what if I came off as creepy. Greaaaat. Her next words were a little more comforting. Maybe all is not lost. Maybe she was really unsure if I wanted to call it a night. "I imagine today has been exhausting. I'm a little tired myself," he managed to say as he yawned. True to its saying, yawns are contagious. Proven as the brunette let a small yawn escape her. "I would say leave King here, but it seems he's taken quite a liking to you. We can take him with us."

Opening the door and gesturing to the streets outside, the blonde stared into her eyes as he asked, "shall we?" 

"Sure." the girl answered, walking out of the shop. "Just follow along ok.." she reminded. Kotori then began to walk down the cobbled streets and head for the inn she was staying at. Once they arrived, she turned around and looked at Oikawa with a slight smile plastered on her face. She was thankful for today and wanted to say so that he didn't think anything else. "T-thanks for helping me out today... If you hadn't sat down at that table, I think I would've probably stayed in safe zones for the rest of the game. Thanks for that." She rotated towards the inn door and left, a grin still glued on. She was happy to have met him in such conditions.

"Alright" replied the blonde as he followed her along the streets back to her inn. The trip was extremely quiet, albeit short, but quiet nonetheless. As they approached the inn, Kotori turned and smiled. She thanked him for talking her into hunting for the first time and getting her out there. "It was honestly my pleasure. I hope to see you around more. With practice you'll be lethal with that dagger haha." Giving her one last grin, he turned away as she entered the inn. "Well King I don't know where this goes from here on out but I definitely hope to see her again. Let's go home."

COMPLETE:

Oikawa- 600 Col and 1 SP

Kotori- 765 Col, Feral Bite, 1 Material and 1 SP