[PP-01] The Lonely Loner {Complete}

"Man... This Death Game stuff really has everyone bugged out..." Ourian sighed, leaning up against a tree in the plaza. HE stared up at the sky, admiring how realistic it looked, even though it was virtual. He sighed again as he stretched and rested his hands on the back of his head, resting his eyes as he basked in the shade of the tree. Although he was usually used to being by himself, he couldn't help but feel bored out of his mind. The only thing there is to do around Starting City is window shop or fight some easy mobs... He couldn't help but fidget as he rested against the tree. It was very unlike him to relax this way. He hated to stay in one spot for too long, especially now that he can use his body to the fullest. However, today he just felt out of it... 

"I could go for some excitement right about now..."

[starting Lv 2][7 HP]

"I think this is the most pleasant day in this game that I've seen so far." Zeri said yawning as he was waking up from his nap at his usual spot, which happens to be a bench in a somewhat secluded alley. "I need to find something to do cause sleeping the day away is not going to make me any stronger." So Zeri decided to walk around some to try to find a non NPC to hang around with. "Seems like everyone is trying to make a push to get pass the 10th floor." Zeri said as his search so far turned out empty, but Zeri was not about to give up so he decided to search even harder. After a little more searching Zeri found a player who might be taking a nap, so he decided to approach the player. Zeri took a look at the player and said, "He shouldn't cause too much trouble." So Zeri sat down beside the player and said to him, "It seems like you found a good napping spot. Mind if I join you?"

Startled by the sudden voice, Ourian snapped his eyes open, instinctively reached for his sword, and sprang to his feet. Once he realized that it was just another player, Ourian relaxed slightly and started to walk away. Now that he was awake, he figured that he would go train a little bit. Walking outside of the gates, he checks behind him to make sure he wasn't followed.

Zeri was chuckling as he saw the startled player jumped up and reached for his sword. Zeri wasn't really worried since his weapon can't do much in a safe zone. Then the player took off the the gate without saying a word. "I wonder what's up with him?" Zeri thought that he should go with the player to keep an eye on him. What the player didn't know is that Zeri was hot on his trail. "Hmm...he really shouldn't be going out there by himself." So Zeri picked up the pace a little and when he caught up to the player, Zeri tapped the player's shoulder and said, "Don't you know it's dangerous to go out here by yourself at such a low level. I'll go with you to make sure you don't die."

As the player touched Ourian, he ducked away and continued to walk out towards the open field. 

"I don't need your help..." Ourian said in a rather serious tone. What's this guy's deal? What does he want from me?! He thought as he unsheathed his sword and looked for something to fight. While it was true that it was dangerous out here, he had already killed a couple of mobs out here solo and felt that he could handle them. 

"Pride WILL get you killed out here my friend." Zeri said as the player walked off. Zeri was a little worried that the player might be a little too confident with his skills. So Zeri tried to think of an idea to change the player's mind. After a moment of thinking, Zeri came up with a plan. Zeri opened up his menu, and equipped 'Claymore of Amarok' (+1 paralyze and +1 bleed) and 'Curiass of Immortality' (+1 dmg migitation).

Then he ran in front of the player and said, "This is where the new people, such as yourself, go wrong at. You go out to the field all by yourself and you manage to kill a boar. Then you feel all high and mighty thinking you can take on anything. Am I right so far? Then you find yourself another boar thinking you can take it on all by yourself, and end up getting killed due to you being over confident."

Then Zeri stopped for a moment to get a good look at the player and then he said to him, "That's why I'm going with you. Wether you like it or not. So you might as well get used to me."

As the player stopped in front of him, his annoyance grew. 

"This has nothing to do with pride. While I do have confidence in what little skill I have, it is not enough to instill pride in myself." Ourian said, turning around and walking back to town. 

"And don't act as if you know me." He snapped, walking back into town and trying to find a quiet place to calm his nerves. Eventually, he settles for the lobby at one of the inns. Opening his inventory, he grabs a bottle of water and a piece of bread and helps himself to a little snack.

Sighing as the player headed back to town, Zeri thought of why was he acting like that. "He must not be used to being around other people." Zeri then decided to try to help the player get used to being around people. So Zeri headed back to town to find the player.

After searching for a while, Zeri headed into an inn to try to find the mysterious player. Zeri looked around and spotted him and sat down beside him. "Please don't leave this time ok. What's your name? Mine is Zeri." Zeri told the player. "I just wanted to ask you something. Why do you keep running from me? Is it because you not used to being around people? If you don't mind, may I ask you why?"

As he was about to eat his bread, Ourian groaned and started to get out of his seat when the player sat down insisted on chatting with him, introducing himself as Zeri.

"I'm used to people, I just want no part of them... just because someone is different, they are treated like dirt..." he snapped, biting into his bread and tearing a good chunk off. Once his mouth wasn't full, he took a sip of water.

As for a name, I'm Ourian. Now tell me, what is it that you want from me?! The only time people follow me like you have was if they wanted something I have or wanted to hurt me."

He eyed Zeri like a hawk awaiting his answer. Truth be told, there was something about Zeri that seemed... different... than the others

"That just seems wrong. People shouldn't be judge by looks or status, only their actions should tell who they really are. You must had a pretty rough past...I won't ask you to talk about it if you don't want to." Then the player introuduced himself to Zeri as Ourian. Then Ourian made a statement that led Zeri to figure out a little something about Ourian.

"From what you just said, it seems like people was just pretending to be your 'friend' and when you tried to approach them...they turned the other cheek. I know how you feel...it was the exact same thing with me. But I can promise you, I really want to be your friend" Zeri then took a long, deep breath and said, "To what I want with you; is just simply to hang out with you. I'm pretty sure you don't have anything that I want or need and I'm also pretty sure that I have absolutely no reason to hurt you since we just met. So what do you say Ourian, wanna find something to do?"

Ourian stayed silent for a little bit, trying to get an accurate read on the player's body language. There was one thing he was sure of: There was no malicious intent. Zeri was very relaxed and, in his eyes, he saw that Zeri truly meant what he said... Maybe... Just maybe this once...

"What did you have in mind?" Ourian asked, curious as to what Zeri's idea of fun would be. 

"Well, I don't think there is anything interesting in town to do that I know of, unless you know anything in town we can do...I guess we can hit the field and find some boars to fight" Zeri told Ourian as he got up and stretch his arm. Zeri let out a little yawn a he walked outside the inn waiting for Ourian to exit. "It seems like he's opening up a little" Zeri said as he was leaning on the inn's wall expecting Ourian at any moment.

As Zeri left the inn, Ourian just stared at the door. The main thought that ran through his mind was if he could truly trust Zeri... Finishing the water and bread, he got up.

"Well... only one way to find out..." He sighed to himself, walking towards the door. Once outside, he finds Zeri waiting at the entrance. 

"I don't know what there is to do around here... but I was going to head out to kill some mobs..."

"Well, I guess we're hunting then." Zeri told Ourian. As Zeri was getting ready to leave, he asked Ourian a question. "How did you get this game, and why did you decide to play it?" Zeri was continually asking Ourian questions in hopes that he would open up to him and then Zeri could ask him to fully explain why he didn't trust people.

As Zeri asked him about how he picked up SAO and why, he hesitated. He knew what Zeri was trying to do. There have been others who have tried to get information about his past before. I guess there's no harm in sharing a little bit...

"I just saw it on the TV in the office where I worked. I was lucky to get the last copy in the store. As for why... I saw it as an escape from certain... issues... I had in the real world... Issues that I was cursed with at birth... Here in SAO I felt more alive in the last month than I ever have my whole life in the real world." He told him, taking care to leave certain personal information aside. He felt that he could trust Zeri, but he still only just met him.

"C-cursed?!" Zeri was a little worried when Ourian explain why he got the game. What could be so bad that Ourian would call it a curse. Zeri shook that thought off as he headed outside the safe zone in search for some mobs.Wow, he must had a terrible past. I hope he can overcome his fear before he gets too deep into the game. Then after searching the fields some Zeri had found a boar but wouldn't attack it just yet until Ourian gets here.

Boar: [10/10 HP]

Zeri: [15/15 HP] Hate: 0 (skips turn)

Ourian: [?/? HP] Hate: 0

Stats: 2 base dmg; dmg migitation: 1

Weapon: Claymore of Amarok: +1 paralyze and bleed on BD roll of 9 or 10

Armor: Curiass of Immortality: +1 dmg migitation

(OCC: Here's how hate works. Every normal attack accumulates 1 hate and ever critical accumulates 2 hate. The one with the most hate is the one who gets attacked. Also boar will attack whenever I post until it's defeated.)

Upon spotting the boar, Ourian rushes in and aims a slash at the boar's head.

[iD: 15042]

BD: 5

CD: 6

LD: 20

MD 7

As he stepped forward for the slash, Ourian overstepped his footing and missed by mere inches. 

"Damn, that was careless of me..." He said, using the weight and momentum of his sword slash to spin into a more stable position.

(OCC: Thanks. I was always confused about how that worked, actually. Oh, and I started this thread at Lv2, so I have 7 HP)

---

Ourian: [///////]

Zeri: [///////////////]

Boar: [//////////]

"It's alright, everyone misses here and there. Don't let it go to your head." Zeri told Ourian as he prepared to attack the boar. Zeri ran towards the boar in hopes to cut a chunk of its health, but failed as his attack came up a few inches short. "Can't get it all." Zeri said as he prepared to defend against the boar's attack. The boar grunted and jumped towards Zeri in hopes that it will make Zeri its lunch. Zeri jumped out of the way and said, " What's with everything trying to munch on me lately. Anyway, it's your turn Ourian."

ID: 15045 BD: 5 (miss) MD: 4 (miss)

Zeri: [15/15 HP]

Ourian: [7/7 HP]

Boar: [10/10 HP]

As Zeri engaged in combat, the boar seemed to focus more on Zeri. Taking advantage of that, Ourian prepares a diagonal upward slash.

[iD: 15046]

BD: 7

CD: 9

LD: 8

MD: 7

Stepping forward, Ourian brings the blade past his left knee and slashes upward and out to his right, slashing the boar in the stomach. Squealing in pain, the boar focuses its attention on Ourian once again.

"Tough little oinker..." Ourian claimed, backstepping several feet to gain some distance and allow Zeri to prepare his next attack.

---

[///////] Ourian

[///////////////] Zeri

[///////// ] Boar

Boar's Hate

• [/] Ourian
  • [] Zeri

"Come on piggy, I'm over here!" Zeri said to get the boar's attention but it failed as the boar ran straight to Ourian. Zeri ran as fast as he could to catch up to the boar but failed to reach them in time. The boar charged and drove its tusks into Ourian's rib. Ourian! Zeri yelled as he slashed the boar in its rib, leaving a gash. "Good, it's bleeding. It should be paralyzed as well." Ourian. It's patalyzed now, take this chance to hit it why it can't move."

ID: 15057 BD: 9 (critical) MD: 9 (critical)

Zeri: [15/15 HP] Hate: 2

Ourian: [5/7 HP] (1 base - 1 crit) Hate: 1

Boar: [6/10 HP] (2 base + 1 crit) (paralyzed 0/1 bleed 0/2)