[PP:F5] Stay Alive <<The Traveller Quest>> (Malakath Grimm) INCOMPLETE

Azazel was crazy and suicidal. She had to be. That was the only explanation she could think of for finding herself on the fifth floor standing in the middle of a vast desert. She had come to the floor just to look around. She wandered through the town to take a look at the level, no big deal. As she did, she came to find a mysterious NPC  who was completely cloaked. On any normal day, Zaz would have found this suspicious, but this was not a normal day. The NPC asked her to find her lost cargo within the desert, and Anna, (being mentally unwell, obviously because what normal person would do this) accepted the quest without a single thought.

To get a sense of where she needed to go, Anna left the safety of the village and began to walk around in the desert. She traveled for a bit. Somehow she managed to lose sight of the town, and sooner than later, the woman came to be lost in the desert environment. There was nothing she could do; she had no teleport crystals, and the blinking indicator on her guide map only showed where the lost cargo was off in the distance, and nothing else. She figured this was on purpose but why, she didn't know. 

15407     2015-05-06   08:13:12  

CD: 9 (safe)

The wind blew kicking up sand. The air was dry, and the sand the gusted through the air was coarse. She was sure that surviving this quest was going to be difficult. Even if she wanted to back out, she couldn’t. There was only one thing for her to do, find the NPC’s cargo, and get the hell out of this terrible place. Since the trip would take her a day and a night, Anna decided she better get moving. This cargo wasn’t going to return itself to its owner.

Azazel: 23/23

From the desert, where this woman was aimlessly walking apparantly, Malakath had been digging around for a while, his partner who abandoned him previously, Wynter was nowhere to be found. What would seem to happen is at the actual quest marker, if she was focussed on it she would see into a pot hole Malakath had been hunkered in to shelter temporarily from the sand. Squatted with his cloak wrapped around his body, he looked like a large, tattered red baby really.

Upon seeing her walking through the desert Malakath would get up from his fox hole and waved at her shouting into the blistering sands "Hey! The quest market is all off! Problem is that the sands shift around! C'mere and we can go look for it but may as well turn off the marker! It only changes base on the last moment the stuff surfaced, that was 6 hours ago!" He would close to her and when he got close he said "Follow the wind, it's the best chance to finding the cache"

ID: 15408 Die: 8 safe

The sand whipped up awfully as he walked, almost covering his feet each time he put one down, but the heat was worse for the moment, he needed all of his clothes to shelter himself and it made the heat worse but he carried on regardless

Malakath HP 28:28

Anna heard a voice call out to her from somewhere. She looked about and saw a figure in red that appeared to be half buried in the sand. “What the…†she said as she walked toward the unknown person, drawing her rapier very aware that she could be walking into a trap. As she got closer, she realized that the figure she’d seen wasn’t trapped, but rather, was standing in some sort of manmade pit as protection from the harsh winds that blew.

“The quest is off?†She asked curiously as he explained to her what was going on.

“So you mean I could have followed the beacon into the desert and not have found what I was looking for? Well that’s pretty effed up.â€

She stood on the edge of the foxhole, looking down at the man in red with her rapier still in hand. “This isn’t some sort of trap is it? Because I should warn you now… I have nothing of value for you to take. Unless you’re one of those bastards that kill for sport, in which case, you’ll have a very hard time killing me because I won’t go down without a fight.†Anna said as she tightened her grip around the hilt of her blade.

15419     2015-05-06  11:34:23

CD: 2 ( safe and so lucky!)

Malakath stood, tall, his bandana keeping the hair of his from whipping his face relentlessly, meaning it blew violently in the wind much like his coat. He stepped out of the foxhole and bowed to the woman and proceeded to say "I am no bandit, nor am I a player killer, but you should be able to tell by the small diamond above each players head". He pointed up to his own and if she were to look past the dazzling sun she'd see a lime green small diamond rotating above him. He quickly smiled at her and said "Seriously, why assume that I am a PKer because I am out here, I'm trying to find this damn loot myself." 

He began to grow frustrated at himself for not finding it yet however he did look at her and say "If you want we could search for it together, also I could let you hunker down under my cloak, it won't offer you any of the in game protection but it will make the wind affect you less I suppose" he looked at her quite stony faced now, he wasn't sure what to think, she seemed ... Mature, and he liked it but at the same time it was different to see a girl acting tough. More a breath of fresh air really. Which was hard to find in the desert.

15420 CD: 8 Safe

The wind still made efforts to blow sand into his eyes but a hand raised instinctively blocked that quickly and smoothly. He waited for a response from the woman in front of him.

“You should know as well as I do that there are ways of concealing one’s status. This little icon,†she said as she pointed above her head, “it means nothing.†Still, she figured if he were actually a threat he would have gone for his weapon, and he had not. Placing her rapier back into her sheath she slid down into the foxhole and found herself in rather close quarters with a man she’d not met before.

The man made the rather attractive offer of searching for the missing cargo. This meant less work for Anna, assuming he could pull his own weight. He added that he’d be happy to shield her from the winds within his cloak for the time being. The devilish winds kicked up again blasting sand down upon them. Anna shielded her eyes with her arms. She felt the sand grating against her skin. It was not wise of her to wander off into the desert with so little physical protection.

“Okay…†she agreed quickly, “but we probably ought to not stay here too long. The NPC said we only had two days to return her lost goods and it’ll take at least a day and a night to reach it so we don’t have time to spare.†She would hate to reach the items only to have the quest time out on her before she could return them. Then this whole thing would be a waste.

15421    2015-05-06  12:10:13

CD: 10 (safe)

Malakath smiled as she said what she did "Two days. I believe that is just a conversation. Since there is no clear quest timer on your map." He stood up and climbed out of the foxhole just as the sandstorm seemed to subside a little, now only small dust devils were seen in areas around them. He offered her a hand down into the foxhole to pull her out and as he would do so he'd say rather confidently "There you go little lady" now let's go. 

Upon saying let's go he took the flowing part of his cloak and wrapped it around her whilst he was still wearing it, this meant that he was almost hugging her as they walked forwards but he wasn't doing it to be outright too close for comfort, it was more for her wellbeing. He looked down whilst they were walking in the general direction of the treasure and said rather frankly with no real surly tone in his voice "You really are quite attractive aren't you." before looking up and continuing down the path indicated by the quest indicator he smiled as he saw they were going uphill slowly.

"We're nearing the top of a dune, dunes have two sides. A slow gradient side and a steep one, just be careful when we go down the other side." He realised at this point he was serving more as a guide than anything, a protective, complimentary guide. Whether she accepted these things or not was up to her but somehow the prospect of both outcomes was an interesting outcome

Dice ID: 15438 Craft Die: 5 Safe!

“It’s timed…†Anna said showing her the marker on her display. “See, maybe yours has a glitch in it or something.†She said and shrugged. “Either way… we’re running out of time.†The winds seemed to subside and the man climbed out of the hole to check things out. Zaz followed suit. He held his hand out to her and she took it letting him pull her the last bit of the way up. She was about to thank him but he called her “little lady†and that just did not sit right with her. She forced a smile and began to scan the horizon. The winds had died down for the most part, but that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t kick back up again.

As they began to move out the man took his cloak and wrapped it around her so that she was tucked under it like a little bird under its mother’s wing. The stranger in red was too close for comfort, much closer than she would have wanted him to be, but in this situation it just couldn’t be helped. He looked down at her and remarked upon her attractiveness. Anna cocked her head to the side rather unsurprised by his words.

“Am I?†She asked deflecting the comment. She knew most girls would blush at such a compliment, but not her.  In all actuality Anna knew she was a rather attractive woman, a solid seven and three-quarters as she saw it. She would have put herself at an eight, but there were far prettier and fit females, so she was being realistic about her score.

They began to walk up the side of a dune and he explained that one side was steeper than the other and to be careful. Anna just nodded and followed alongside her newfound companion. She wasn’t sure if she was glad for the company or not, but if it made the journey easier, then that was fine.

“If we’re going to work together we probably should…†she trailed off as she opened her panel and sent him a party request. “ This way even if we should somehow separate, we can find each other again.†she clarified.

Another gust a wind blasted them with sand, and Zaz drew closer to the man to shield herself from the abrasive winds. It wasn’t going to be the heat or the lack of landmarks that was going to make the trip difficult; it was going to be the damned devil winds that were going to be the main problem. 

15439     2015-05-07  06:27:58

CD: 4 (safe)

ID: 15443 Craft: 12

Malakath grinned as she sent him an invite, he tapped the accept button for the party and her name appeared in his upper left hand corner under his health bar which still hadn't dropped at all. As he turned to her he sat on the edge of the dune and help his hand up to her, for her to come sit next to him, he then said slowly "You seem ... Reserved, you aren't like most girls, it's a breath of fresh air, you don't sot cowering or fussing over an appearance you know is already attractive hence the deflecting comment earlier. If anything you intreague me some" he looked at her hard and said nothing. As if trying to figure out her through telepathy, he skied genuinely at her and pushed off the dune and began to slide down.

The movement was exhilarating it was a mix of speed, endurance and fun, he got to the bottom and when he donned a huge, uncharacteristic grin upon his face as he stood and looks at her, with Botha look of joy and very see though pain he shouted up "You coming?" He sat in the sand and awaited her arrival patiently

Her request was accepted and she saw that name of the man in red. She made a mental note of it and carried on. Malakath sat down upon the edge of the dune and held out his hand to help her do the same. She took his hand as he began to speak, his eyes met hers and he watched her intently as he spoke. A smirk crept across her lips and the corners of her eyes crinkled in response. "I suppose it's because I'm not a girl," the woman said simply. Her smirk broadened into a soft smile as he told her she was intriguing. She found amusement in his words though she did wonder what it was in her current behaviors was so interesting that it would have caught his attention. She was merely being her typical self. His eyes continued to watch her as if he was trying to read her, but Anna's deep brown eyes would betray nothing of her. She was terribly good at not being easy to read. 

He broke eye contact and then slid down the hill, and she followed behind him. The ride down reminded her of the tall slides at the state fair she would ride upon when she was a girl. The slide was terribly tall, and incredibly slick and there were large humps on it to make the ride more exhilarating. When she was little she was both terrified and thrilled by how fast she moved down the slide on the little burlap sack they'd have the riders sit upon. As the sand abraded her arm she was reminded of the friction burn she'd get from the stupid sack while sliding. She reached the bottom and was a little wobbly getting up. The man had not noticed her behind him because he turned to yell at her to move it. " No need to shout," she  said as she dusted off her behind and walked toward him. She slipped passed him and started following in the direction of where the wind was blowing. It kicked up again causing little hairs to free themselves from her clip. "You coming?" she called back to the man as she continued to move. 

CD:12 (safe)

Craft dice 8 safe

Malakath smiled and ran a little to catch up with her, smiling at her and blushing slightly as he did. Sure he was a flirtatious guy but for her to act quirky back was a new occurrence, one that was alien to him personally, he was blushing at the concept of meeting her again and saying something that she'd respond to but then he lightly punched her shoulder "Cmon wobble bottom we got a cache to find. Besides, I need to finish this quest too!" At that point he sprinted off ahead of her, looking behind himself but still keeping a pace she could jeep up with, he grinned like a little kid as he ran until he stopped at the edge of a canyon.

Almost skidding over the edge at the speed he was running, he looked down it and saw it wasn't massively deep, maybe ten meters, he stood at the edge and wondered if he should venture down it. Turning back to Azazel he said "What do you want to do? We could get out of the sun down there but the winds are blowing the sand through there like a damn wind tunnel. The cursor says it's either in the canton or on the other side right?" Where he stood he waited patiently, staring at her for an answer trying to look tough, until some sand got in his eye and he frantically started swiping it out "crap! Pain!"

Azazel ignored the bit about him punching her in the shoulder and calling her wobble bottom. She simply rolled her eyes and shook her head, and moved on. Seriously, wasn’t he a little too old for name calling and didn’t he learn not to put his hands on a lady, even in jest?  The slightly dopey, blushy expression on his face spoke volumes about him and she simply let it all slide. She had to remember that was just how some individuals played, even if she did not.

She trailed him to the edge of the canyon. They didn’t have a lot of options about what needed to happen. As he continued to speak Azazel sat on the edge of the cliff and started to gain her footing. “We climb… pure and simple, either way we’ll have to go down to come up the other side, right?†She was already climbing when he was flailing about. Had she seen him in such a state she probably would have laughed. It was a lucky thing for him she did not notice it.

The face of the cliff was rather slick. The sand peeled off in her hands as she gripped it and she was more sliding down than she was climbing. Thankfully it wasn’t all that high up; else she’d have fallen for sure. She quickly worked her way to the bottom and looked up to see how close Mal was behind her.  The winds kicked up, but she shielded her eyes from the blasting sand with her arms. 

CD: 10 (safe)

Malakath looked at her from over the side and watched her climb down, she was a good few meters down now so Malakath and anted to beat her to the bottom. He drew his sword and planted it into the ground, then whilst holding it he slid off the edge, basically falling but slowly and controlled by his khopesh.

When he reached the bottom he looked up and ... Admired her from this perspective before looking away quickly 'A gentleman never crafts lewd thoughts' he screamed at himself in his head, when she got down he'd be stood there blushing before coughing and saying "Right! We going along the canyon or up the other side?

After this he felt the winds once more except he could tell for now that he was alright down here as the wind blew over the top of the canyon he admired the power and the whispers of the wind from down here. It was quite serene really thinking about it, which was when he's say "beautiful" just on its own. Which to most would cause confusion.

ID: 15835

Dice Result: 11 safe!

She reached the bottom to find Malakath already waiting down there for her. She hopped off the wall and down into the sand. Her travel companion inquired which way they ought to go and the woman thought about it for a moment. “The gap above us is pretty wide; I doubt the package could have skipped over the entire space. Unless it was very light, so it has to be somewhere down here.†If she was wrong then she would’ve wasted their time and lost them the quest. This was not something she wanted to repeat again.

Zaz was lost in thought, pondering if what she said was correct. She looked down the passageway and then above her trying to calculate how far a parcel could go given specific weights and wind velocities. If she’d had paper, it’d have been a much easier think to figure. While she was busy jumbling figures in her head she was brought back to reality with Malakath muttering something. “I’m sorry, did you say something?†She asked him trying to discern if his information was important. Her attention drew back to the mathematical dilemma at hand and she went back to trying to formula how statistically correct her hypothesis was. The bothersome winds kicked up again, and Anna fought to keep stray hair from becoming a nuisance. 

CD: 11 (safe)

She reached the bottom to find Malakath already waiting down there for her. She hopped off the wall and down into the sand. Her travel companion inquired which way they ought to go and the woman thought about it for a moment. “The gap above us is pretty wide; I doubt the package could have skipped over the entire space. Unless it was very light, so it has to be somewhere down here.†If she was wrong then she would’ve wasted their time and lost them the quest. This was not something she wanted to repeat again.

Zaz was lost in thought, pondering if what she said was correct. She looked down the passageway and then above her trying to calculate how far a parcel could go given specific weights and wind velocities. If she’d had paper, it’d have been a much easier think to figure. While she was busy jumbling figures in her head she was brought back to reality with Malakath muttering something. “I’m sorry, did you say something?†She asked him trying to discern if his information was important. Her attention drew back to the mathematical dilemma at hand and she went back to trying to formula how statistically correct her hypothesis was. The bothersome winds kicked up again, and Anna fought to keep stray hair from becoming a nuisance. 

CD: 11 (safe)