Passive Abilities

So I was thinking that there be another type of skill that players could use that doesn't level up based on skill points, but on the usage of the skill and end of thread experience. Of course it makes no sense to make these skills super good unless you have a high Passive Tier.

What is a passive tier?

- A passive tier is the rank you hold regarding passives the higher the passive tier is, the better passive abilities you can choose from.

The system will start out with 3 Tiers and each tier will be better than the last. However once a player chooses a passive they MUST keep that passive until they level up their passive tier to choose a new ability.

You may be wondering as well if these abilities stack with one another. The answer varies in this case because some will be able to stack while others will not. I have thought of a variety of Passive Tier Abilities that could be offered up as a suggestion.

Tier I

» Apprentice - When selected, the player will gain an additional +1 experience for their profession on any attempt.

» Bargain Hunter - When selected, the player may have the chance to get double the amount of resources from a monster, quest, or loot chest when the loot dice and crafting dice are the same number.

» Rogue - When selected, a player may roll the loot dice and use the outcome. If the roll is a 15 or above, the player may instantly stealth themselves. When a player is Stealthed, they may exit or flee from any fight, excluding boss raids. May be used once per thread.

» Gambler - When selected, the player is provided a mysterious potion at the beginning of a thread. Based on the loot dice is the effects of the potion, which may only be discovered AFTER it has been consumed.

1-4 = Poison! Lose 2 Health per turn for the next 5 posts or until cured.

5-9 = Paralyze! The player is incapable of ANY action for the next two turns.

10-14 = Healing Potion! The player recovers up to 10 health instantly.

15-19 = No effect.

20+ = Extra strength! The player is given +1 damage on all hits for the next 5 posts.

Tier II

Tier III

As I currently have to go at this moment I can't finish the entire post but I got the general ideas out there at least. Let me know how you feel about it be it positive or negative feedback. Either way it helps.

I've left this RP for a while now but now that I'm trying to half-return I'm not sure if this is possible with the choices you have for Tier 1 and so on.The thing is, as an alchemist, I'm pretty sure I can create a Gambler's Potion for anyone to use and, based on the loot die, it would either backfire or help them out. In addition to that, Invisibility Potions can also be created for Rogues. Ultimately, the only thing that I can possibly thing can be a good passive skill would be Apprentice, but I don't know if that can be accepted or not. The thing about passive skills is that a lot of them are covered with the creation of potions and crystals that can easily give passive abilities like Poison Immunity for a short while to not make it an OP thing.