[PP-F4]Something new... (Zero)

I was finishing up my performance at a log cabin when I forgot the lyrics. Not literally because I'm singing them right now. I guess I'm just running off instincts at this point. I suppose some new material is a little overdue, I should put a hold on the tour and return to my shop later.

"Thank you, thank you." I said as my song ended and applause came from the crowd.

With in a few minuetes I was leaving and already out the door. Just then two fans shouted out to me, and I simply waved and smiled back. They were pretty cute but I always do -that- and wierdly enough I'm starting get pretty tired of -that-. I'm getting real tired of a lot of things. Like the damn guild I was in and the way everyone seems to think they know me. Finally I reached a lamppost and leaned up against it as maruchan came running and hopped up on my shoulder.

"Hey boy! The show was great you should have been there!" I told my pup enthusiastically as I scratched under his chin.

• 2 weeks later...

Zero gave X a slow clap as he walked towards him, his face hidden behind a scarf and a hood. He stepped under the light of the opposite lamppost and calmly crossed his arms. "That was an entertaining show you did. A little stale for my taste, but your natural talent for it made the experience bearable." He complimented the young man, his right hand making slight gestures as to avoid causing discomfort due to his lack of expression. "As a fellow performer I compliment you on the amount of people you amassed tonight, though your mind seemed to be off somewhere else."

"Trouble at home perhaps? I did receive word of your current situation with your guil- Oh listen to me, going on without properly introducing myself. I am Zero." The hidden figure placed his right arm against his chest and gave a slight bow, one similar to that of butlers or servants, before retracting back to his original pose. "A pleasure to meet you, X. Care to have a chat with me and get something hot to drink to shake this cold off?" His crimson red eyes visible within the darkness that consumed his face.

"Uh thanks, I think..." I said as this random dude started talking to me.

Apparently he was a performer also which isn't a usual occurrence. Normally because people don't choose this proffesion if they choose a proffesion at all. I looked this guy over and with is red eyes and pale skin he looks like an albino. As he went on to continue speaking I found out his name was zero. It's the guy that told me to track down zelrius and relay that message. I stroked maruchan's fur as he invited me to grab a drink with him.

"Sure I'm pretty sure there's a tavern in this town, somewhere." I said as maruchan hopped down from my shoulder and we began walking down the pathway.

Zero nodded when his offered was accepted and walked beside X. He glanced at the familiar on the young man's shoulder, then looked forward. He felt somewhat satisfied with how the evening was going, and hoped it would continue to go just as smoothly. "I'm glad you accepted my invitation, X. I'm sure you're wondering why I want to talk to you, so I'll explain it briefly to you." He glanced about making sure no one was within earshot, and when he felt confident that they were alone he lowered his hood showing his platinum hair as well as the upper half of his face. "I'm putting together a special group you see, and I need individuals who are capable but can also grow. This would be through any means necessary, if you catch my meaning." He glanced at the snow on the sides as they walked. "This group would also be at the disposal of its members as an aid, or a tool if you prefer, in any means. Would you be interested in being part of such a group, X?"

The guy I was now walking with explained who he was and what he wanted. I do like the straightforwardness but also this seems pretty sketch. After listening for a little bit I laughed just a little to myself as this is almost the exact same words the yakuza boss said to me about doing that job.

"At my disposal huh? Guess it be nice to get into fights and not worry about it." I said as we neared the tavern.

Maruchan barked a few times which I understood perfectly. It's sorta wierd how it works now, before I had to guess because it was just him barking but now Im able to find meaning in his speech.

"Here." I said to my familiar as I took a piece of bread out of my inventory.

Maruchan then took it and carried it in his mouth as we entered the tavern. It was considerably warm in here and had a decent sized crowd inside. I found a booth and sat down as maruchan jumped off my shoulder and took the inside seat.

"So this group, tell me. How much power would we have starting out?" I asked as I looked over the menu.

Zero grinned internally when he noted X's interest in his offer, and followed quietly when they entered the tavern. He sat down on the opposite end of the booth, facing the young man, and ordered himself a drink. He looked at X when he heard the boy's question, and scratched his head as he thought through his answer. "Well, not much to begin with. We'd have a few decent level fighters, an ex-pro frontliner which would be Zelrius, and variety of services due to the personal connections of members."

"Though there's the fact that I alone remain with knowledge regarding the adquisition of Unique Skills, so that would give us a slight edge. How's that for power?" He placed his hands on the table as his drink arrived. "Is that a satisfying answer?"

I listened to Zero explaining our starting power of a few decent fighters. As for me personally my biggest marketable skill is me and Maruchans tracking abilities. Other than that you got my unique fighting style, my stealth, and my fame. I then took a sip of my drink and poured a bit into a small cup in front of Maruchan. Maruchan put his front paws on the table and began drinking from the glass.

"Unique skills huh?... don't the beta testers like have them all picked over by now?" I questioned zero as he brought up the topic.

A unique skill wouldn't be bad to have, give me an edge for sure. Although I'm not really sure what this player could possibly known about getting them since none of my info-broker buddies do.

"Either way tell me more about what you know about unique skills." I said while taking another drink.

Zero grabbed his drink, giving it a quick swig, and glanced at X's familiar. He placed his drink down and looked back at X, moving his elbows onto the table and putting his hands together under his chin. "Unique skills haven't been used in a long while. The players who did have them, who were not beta testers actually, are no longer present. Not sure if they're dead or not, but that's beside the point. These skills grant their users an edge in combat, one way or the other, and can be used in diverse forms. I posses information on how to acquire them, due to I having one in my possession. Each one is, well, rather unique in the nature of how they function."

His eyes moved their focus to their surrounding area, scanning the players around, and leaned back as he scratched his head. "Anything more will only be disclosed if you join and once I have all the current members on the same page." He looked at X as he spread his arms over the top of the booth and smiled. "So are you interested, X?"

"You have a unique skill? You'll have to show me later." I said as the player continued explaining.

Maruchan drank more of what I have him until it was all gone and then he fell asleep right there on the table. I then grabbed him and placed on my lap to sleep. I took another drink as he said anything more and I'd have to join the group.

"You get me a unique skill and hell I'd be willing to walk right up to just about anyone and punch them square in the jaw, I'm in." I told Zero locking eyes.

I looked around the tavern and the players here. It seems like everyone here was doing some kind of meeting with others.

"I'll gladly demonstrate my unique skill to you. In due time that is, no need to be impatient." Zero grinned as he crossed his arms and listened to X speak. "Well I can try to assist you in acquiring one, not to mention you'll have the aid of others as well, but I make no guarantees. You may get one, or another might. Does that sound agreeable to you then? My terms are rather simple and straightforward, you will receive aid when you ask for it so long as you provide us, more specifically me, with strength and power."

He unfolded his arms and grabbed his drink, quickly finishing it. "Is there anything else you'd like to add? Such as a condition or something, or perhaps a question?"