(PP-F5) <<blood on the sand>> (quest) (reusririasuir)

A wind blew from across the entire floor sending a blast of sand past me. My hood blew off and my eyes squinted in the sun. I opened my messages and re-read the thing about the sand shark. As my eyes raced across the floating screen in front of me maruchan raced up and found his way to my sholder. I then kept walking in the sand trying to find the shark. After a while I got a little bit tired of walking through the desert and sat down while letting maruchan fall into my lap.

"Aren't you hot? Like at all?" I asked my pup who has lots of fur.

Maruchan simply barked and wagged his tail excitedly and I just layed back and looked up at the bottom of the next floor.

With sand in his breaches, his mouth dry, and his skin burned, Reu found himself wandering the fifth floor desert. He had heard rumors of a Sand Shark floor boss and he had come to kill it. Never being one to delay in action, Reu found himself ankles deep in sand. He could feel the sand in his boots, and was wishing he had better weather-proofed boots for this floor.

Stopping to drink some water, Reu see's two figures off in the distance. Cautiously, he approaches. As he gets closer, he see's that it is actually a man and his familiar. Still being wary, Reu calls out, "Hail.", and waits for a response.

Maruchan began jumping up and down on my chest wanting to play. I was simply too tired and taking a break so I just began tossing him up and down in the air. Maruchan is such a goofball although I supose I like him that way. Next I heard a player yell at me, "hail" I think he said. This is why I hate the way this game changed people into thinking it's the 12th century or whenever the dark ages where.

"Hydra!" I shouted back in response mocking the player.

Damn I should have said "Mary" or something funnier. Maruchan then started racing around me as I stood up.

"Well, that was a sarcastic reply." Reu mumbled to himself. Still, Reu walked towards the stranger. He was still being cautious, who knows who else could be hiding out here, but right now the player in front of him had a green cursor and so Reu wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Besides, Reu felt fairly comfortable in defending himself.

"I'm Reusrirasuir jackass, and I'm hunting a floor boss. What are you doing all the way out here?"

The player aproached sounding grumpy I didn't know how to response to his call. Come on dude it's the 21st century get with the times. I still can't belive I keep meeting people out in the middle of the desert like this. It's so vast and solitary people just appear out of nowhere.

"Well I was enjoying a nice time here in the sun before you came along, and there's no need to call me a jackass, it's not exactly gonna get anywhere in life man." I said putting on my stoner philosopher style.

It is a nice day... Besides it being a thousand degrees and the sand being hotter than hell but, atleast the stars look nice. The stars you can't see with your eyes.

Reu was growing impatient. "You might enjoy sitting out in the desert of a virtual world, but don't, I have other things to do. How can you even enjoy yourself in a game, don't you have a life to get back too? The longer you stay here, the more of real life you're missing."

Reu stood and waited to see what this guy had to say. No one had thought they would be in this game as long as they had been so far. Still Reu felt himself growing more and more impatient, he came out here to find this Sand Shark, but so far he hadn't had much luck even farming the monsters required for the quest, and the longer he waited, the more likely it was someone else might be the one to kill it.

"Hey man... Take it easy. Think about it we were all given a break from our lives, enjoy it. While we're in here our bodies are sleeping and our loved ones are praying." I said while standing up and putting a hand on his shoulder.

Wow... I am like so chill right now. I guess the calming potion has long term effects. That and the fact I am an all around chill dude but, right now right here I'm like the chill master. That shark might just stop in the middle of combat and be like "dayum dude you are like so chill right now" and then I'd be like "yeahhh I feel so chill right now."

There was clearly something wrong with the man in front of him. In fact, Reu began to worry about the mans safety as he was clearly in no condition to be outside a safe zone. "Listen, why don't you just head back to town. I came out here to kill something, and in order to do that, I'm going to have to kill a lot of somethings. Which means the games anti-farming system is going to send even more of them to this area to attack me. Basically, it's going to be dangerous. You can head back to town and be as chill as you want to be there."

Reu wasn't sure where this conversation was going, but if it didn't start going somewhere soon, Reu was going to head off and find something to kill; he had other things to do today.

The player only seemed to get tenser and tenser. Now this whole new chill thing I'm trying so I'm gonna stick with it.

"Hey man somethimes you just gotta relax and let the objective come to you." I said truly glowing with chillness.

Then suddenly a giant shark burrowed out of the sand and stood still before talking to me.

"You there, chill master, I hearby challenge you to a duel do you accept?" The shark asked me in a booming deep voice.

"See?... Yes I do shark friend." I answered as the shark went into attack mode.

I then punched my fists together and activated the martial arts skill standing ready to strike.

(OOC: Rping the shark)

At the acceptance of the duel the shark roared...or something, whatever sand sharks do to sound terrifying. Put on Jaws music, I guess.

Swimming forward the shark launched into its attack, moving through the sifting sands as if it was in the ocean. Suddenly, it leaped out at X, and with a row of sharp teeth, ripped into his arm, flailing about. Refusing to let go, it's fangs sunk deeper and deeper into X's arm.

ID 17039 MD 10

X : 37 / 41 (-4) (2 + 2 critical)

Sand Shark 1 25 / 25

As the shark swam in the sand toward me I waited to greet it. After a while it jumped and dug it's teeth into my arm flailing about. It didn't actually hurt that bad so I just sorta let him have his fun for a while.

"Shark friend you know not what you do..." I said as made a fist with my right hand.

17109 BD: 4+1=5

I punched at the shark but stopped right before hitting him making him flinch and let go of my arm. As he flailed back I stroked his nose petting him.

"Now you see the error of your ways." I told the shark staring it down.

(OOC: Sand Shark 1)

Frustrated, the sand shark swam off. It again tried a leaping attack at X, but missed by a wide margin, letting X escape unharmed. Gnawing and thrashing in the sands, it suddenly disappeared completely underneath the desert sands. (stealth bonus + 2)

ID 17112 MD 4 (3 + 1 sand shark acc bonus)

X : 37 / 41 

Sand Shark 1 25 / 25

Sand Shark is now hidden with a stealth rating of 12.

The shark then hid himself beneath the sand which wierdly enough I didn't know stealth was an option during combat. I looked down at the sand and put my hand on it feeling it out. I felt a few vibrations but I still had to pick out the right one.

"Reu attack when I pull it out ok?" I said while searching for it.

17133 BD: 8+1 LD:14+3

I then pulled out the shark by the tail and squeezed onto it as it tried to escape. I then punched it in the face a few times to steady it.(6 damage shark)

"We'll go on then." I said while holding a shark in one hand.

Shark: 19/25

Reu ran up ready to strike at the now-held Sand Shark. Charging at it, Reu suddenly realized just how much trouble he was having moving in this sand. Still, he was determined to strike. Lining up his sword he swung, and then his foot gave way and Reu sunk backwards completely missing his strike. It was a frustrating turn of events to say the least.

ID 17180 BD 2

Reu 39 / 39

Sand Shark 1 19 / 25

(RPing Shark)

Gnawing and gashing the Sand Shark was struggling to break free. Finally, breaking free of X's grip the shark swam through the sands, first to get away and then it suddenly turned 'round and came at the pair of hero's. Swimming towards them, it suddenly leaped out of the attack at X, who skillfully evaded it with little trouble.

ID 17181 MD 4 (6 + 1 Acc Bonus - 3 X's Evasion)

Reu 39 / 39

Sand Shark 1 19 / 25

"You had one job while the shark was in my hand..." I calmly stated as I took up another stance swaying lightly.

As the shark began diving at me from beneath the sand at me I lightly began dodging looking like some sort of slow ancient spirit dance. Each time the shark flew past I lightly stroked the side of its sleek skin.

"You have trouble moving in the sand because you force it. Simply glide and move with the wind as I do..." I advised Reu as I began feeling chill master essence flow from my body.

17759 BD: 6+1=7

I then slowly began to backflip kick at nothing but the shark at its fastest yet jumped out and met my kick with its nose. (6 damage shark)

"Like so..." I calmly said as I landed back on my feet softly.

Shark: 13/25

"Right, light on my feet. Like a boxah." Reu breathed out a heavy exhale. Trying to move fluidly, he made his way across the burning sands. One thing he was thankful for, was his boots; being barefoot in this hot sand would be worse then being at the beach. As he made his way towards the shark, he could see the shark turn its attention towards him and start swimming his way.

Stepping in for a strike, Reu swung his blade low and to the right and caught it along the side of its head. The blade deflected the beast and sent it off in a new direction though Reu could tell from the blood trail it left, that he had definitely made contact with the creature. Seeing the creature begin to turn round, Reu shouted, 'If you can score another hit, then I should be able to follow-up and finish it off!'

ID 17760 BD 8

Reu 39 / 39

Sand Shark 1 9 / 25 (-4)

(OOC: RPing Sand Shark)

Although Reu's sword strike sent it swimming off in one direction, it quickly performed a U-turn and began making its way back towards Reu. Not deterred, Reu held his ground and assumed a defensive posture. The shark however, rushed forward in full offense mode. Ripping waves in the sand, it was remarkable the speed at which the creature could move. Jumping out of the sand to attack, the Sand Shark could only watch as his target expertly dropped to the ground with perfect timing. As a result, the Sand Shark simply sailed by overhead.

ID 17762 MD 2 (5 - 3 Reu's evasion)

Reu 39 / 39

Sand Shark 1 9 / 25

Reu finally scored a hit with the shark, didn't do as much damage as me which made me remember just how strong my fists are. I kept calm and collected feeling the way the sands move and shift around me. The shark then for whatever reason maybe the fact that he challenged me was about to begin a barrage on me again. However this time I won't attempt to dodge a single attack.

17764 BD:4+1=5

As he launched at me from the sand I made eye contact and the mob freaked out and dove straight back down to the sand.

"Easy now." I said still looking at the shark.

Seeing X scare the shark off, Reu moved in determined to capitalize. He wished X had attacked the creature, but he wasn't going to waste time complaining. Moving in, Reu stabbed his sword into the sand where he thought the shark was. But it must have already moved away, Reu didn't feel himself hit anything. Maybe X would have more luck than he just did.

ID 17770 BD 4 (2 + 1 Dog Tags + 1 Savvy)

Reu 39 / 39

Sand Shark 1 9 / 25