[PP-F3] A Chance Encounter (Atenea, Daeron)

Daeron had been wandering through the forest-like Floor for several hours. He was out hunting monsters all day. After deciding to take a break Daeron sits down next to a tree and looks through his bag for some food. He pulled out a loaf of bread. He had finally been able to relax for the first time today. He began eating his bread, until he heard a sound. He dropped the bread, and got up. As the bread made contact with the ground, it shattered into hundreds of small shards and pixels. "Hello?" Daeron unsheathed his dagger as he called out to see if anyone was out there. In case it was a monster who had just heard him now, he wanted to be ready for a fight. His nerves had tensed up and a sweat pearl had finally gotten large enough to slide down his face. He wasn't sure what to expect so he stood there ready for anything coming at him.

A hooded black figure exited out from the forested area. Staring through the shade of the dark cloak, the mysterious quickly tore the hood off and stared apologetically at the prepared swordsman. Green-hazel eyes glittered with approval, while an apologetic smiled spread on delicate full lips. The girl wasn't sure how old he was, but she'd judge him to be close to her own age. Raising her hands in a sign of mock defeat, she shrugged her shoulders before putting her own sword away.

"Sorry about that..." She trailed off, her accent quite noticeable as she moved her gaze from his face and towards the empty spot where his meal had shattered. "I hope that was not the only thing you had." She murmured quietly, as if she was taming a beast.

Daeron saw a player in front of him. As soon as he had seen the player and heard her voice, he had put his dagger away. He looks down at the spot where my loaf was shattered, and then looked back up at her. "No. That's not all, I have a second in case I ever need it for emergencies." Daeron had taken a look at the girl. He was astounded at her beauty. Daeron hasn't felt like this about anyone before. His stomach churned and then he looked away to hide his pink cheeks. "Out of curiousity, what are you doing in the forest? Are you lost?" Daeron had asked in a curious, but gentle tone.

"Hm..." The girl softly hummed, before nodding her head and silently observing him. Not saying very much Atenea, quickly made a silent judgement of the handsome stranger before her lips curled in a smiled at his question. Lost? She had never been lost in the first place, not when she had scoured the floor too many times for items or possible quests.

Unable to keep the chuckle down, it erupted from her in a soft noise and both of her hands went up to hide her lips. This time she was the one blushing. Clearing her throat, she bowed in a respectful manner before opening her menu and taking out her dinner. She had paid for two sandwiches, but she only needed one- throwing the other one at the boy, she quickly called out to him.

"Think fast," Smiling in friendliness she took a bite of her own and chewed it, while shaking her head. Once that bite was gulped down, she sighed. "I'm not lost, just wandering about... Searching for items or possible quests. How about you, Stranger?"

Daeron watches as a shadowy object flies toward him. Thinking it was a weapon he almost dodges it, until he realizes last second, that it was a sandwich. Daeron catches it and tries to play it off as if he meant to do that. He heard her say that she wasn't lost, but instead was scouring about for quests or something else. Daeron was actually only half-listening, because he had finally been able to make out a face, and he saw a blush. Not sure why she was blushing, he finally takes a bite of the sandwich and swallows his bite.

"Thanks for the sandwich. Name's Daeron, Level 6." He finally managed to make out a full face and figure completely visible now. It seems almost as if the fog had dimmed down or something.

When Daeron took a look at the girl, he was astonished. She was beautiful he thought. After the Game maker made us reveal our looks, he noticed that this is what she must really look like. But what was such a fine looking girl doing in a game like this? Shouldn't she be out doing something a pretty girl does that could easily bring her wealth? Anyways, it doesn't matter to him. Even though he had never believed in it at first, he finally admits it. It was love at first sight for him. How could he fall for such a person so quickly and easily? Was it some sort of magic or something or was this really happening.

"I must ask you. What is such a beautiful girl like you, doing in such a gruesome death game? I had no idea that girls like you play games." Realizing what he had just said, Daeron's eyes opened wide. "N-not that that's a bad thing. In fact, I feel almost lucky. Oh god. That came out wrong. You know what? I'm gonna stop talking now." Daeron stopped his talking and took another bite out of his sandwich given by the girl. He felt awkward and strange as well as embarassed and humiliated. His feelings had never gotten a hold of him like this before. Normally when he liked a girl, he played it off as if it was nothing. This was different. Something about HER was different.