(OP-F1) Outside of the walls (Completed)

Lily looked outside of the inn and seen how bright the new day was. The sun was shining and the sky seemed a bright blue. Lily went into her bedroom and began to take her pajamas off. She sat a moment before putting on her denim jeans and cloth shirt. She brushed her hair and walked out of her room and looked at their small living room. She walked to the door on the other side of the hallway and seen her daughter was still in bed.

"Mallory, get up its time to go sweetie" Lily watched as the seven year old got up and rubbed her eyes. "Do I have to?" Lily smiles and said, Yes, you can't sleep all day... She grabbed Mallory's hand and led her to the chair. She got out some clothes and threw her a shirt and some what people called short shorts. Put them on Lily walked out of room and poured Mallory some cereal. Lily then watched as Mallory came out of the room dressed. Lily grabbed her hair brush and began to brush Mallory's hair and then sat the child to her spot on the table. Mallory ate and then put on her shoes. Lily walked out the door behind Mallory and they began to walk toward the fields seeing hundreds of shops on the way.

Aramail had just awakened from his light sleep. He didn't dream, and when he did it was usually nightmares or really obscure dreams. He remembered that one time he had a dream, where he arm-wrestled a penguin and become the leader of the north pole. Aramail rubbed his eye and dressed himself. Perhaps he'd go to town today, go job hunting, or just talk to people. Aramail didn't know what to do in this new world of his. 

As Aramail walked along the streets of town he found himself in the Market district. He loathed this place, full of NPC's forcibly throwing raw fish or 'exotic' materials in peoples faces as they walked by. Aramail quickened his pace, trying to escape the market. Aramail quickly rounded a corner, and ran into something solid. "Douf!" Aramail coughed as he bounced off of it. Once he regained his bearings he saw that it was a woman, with what seemed to be a child. Aramail quickly apologized. "aAh jeez, sorry. I didn't see you there." Aramail rubbed the back of his head feverishly. 

Greg had recently logged into SAO and, just a day ago, found out that it was a death game, of sorts. One life. If you lose it, you die in real life. As a character from an anime Greg used to watch had once said, people die when they are killed. While normally that line would sound stupid, in this world, this death game, the line actually makes sense. Greg was currently in the process of looking for someone to party up with. While he's not the most sociable person in the world, having allies is vital to staying alive. Another vital thing would be to get equipment. He had a basic straight sword and some clothes, but that's it. Greg found his thoughts cut off when he saw three people. One had just ran into another. Being curious, he approached the scene.

Lily watched as she rounded the corner and ran into a boy. Lily fell backwards, her arms flailing backwards. Hey! Mallory looked at the man and then her mother. "Momma! Lily got up and looked at the boy. I am sorry, I did not mean to run into you... I am sorry if I offended you. We will just be heading to the fields... you may join us if you want I guess Lily looked around as she went around the man. She caught eye of another boy who seemed to be coming their way. Lily went into her inventory and equipped her spear. It materialized on her back and she stepped out of the safe zone. Equip your knife dear Mallory equipped her knife and they reached the fields where the boars roam.

Greg realized that two of them had noticed him. He also left the safe Zone to battle boars, too. He wasn't going to get any levelling done by just standing around in the town, he guessed. He equipped his straight sword and clothing and walked into the fields. Boars shouldn't be TOO dangerous, he figured.

As Greg entered the field he looked around and marvelled at the view. He had really underestimated just WHAT Virtual Reality was capable of.

All Greg could mutter upon entering the field was simply "Wow..."

Aramail stared at the woman blankly. "Huh?" Aramail was dumbfounded. The fault was his, as he ran into her. Yet she apologized as if she was in the way. I'll see where this goes, I guess. "Hey, I'll stick around, but it'd be better if we were in a party." Aramail opened his menu, and sent the two an invite.They both looked inexperienced in combat, well Aramail doubted if anyone in SAO had any experience other then LARPing. Point was, that woman and her daughter were gonna die here if no one helped them.

As they entered the fields Aramail noticed another player. He seemed to be planning on going solo. "Hey," Aramail leaned to the woman. "Should he join the party? I'd hate to see him die. Well, die alone." Aramail explained. Aramail knew that he didn't want to die alone, and his mother had taught him to treat others as you'd want to be treated. "Anyway, I'm Aramail is this life. And who'd might you two be?" He asked the woman and her daughter.

Lily watched as the boy said he would tag along. He introduced himself as Aramail. Lily laughed and said, My name is Lily, and my daughter's name is Mallory. Lily nodded to his question about adding the other boy to their party. She accepted the invite and told Mallory to do the same. She watched as their life bars and their names swerve created under her name. Then Greg appeared under Mallory's name. Lily seen a few boars. They looked fairly easy. Lily smiled and then told Mallory to stick behind.

Ooh: Mallory may not fight until I create her character which will be after I level I want Lily to be stronger than Mallory.

Lily 7/7

Aramaic 9/9

Greg 7/7

Boar A 5/5

Boar B 3/3

Boar C 1/1

Aramail looked at the health bars appear under his name. He'd almost forgotten about the HUD. guess it didn't appear while in safe zones. He shrugged, and looked ahead and saw the boars. "Hey Greg, you know how to use that thing?" Aramail jested, pointing to the sword on Greg's belt. As Aramail drew his heavy 2 handed blade. "Alright little piggies, prepare to go down!" Armail shouted at the boars. Aramail ran at the nearest pig and swung with his great sword.

ID:16256

Battle: 7 (HIT: 2 damage)

Aramail's blade hit the slow boar, his blade cutting it's rough hide. The red line of a successful hit appeared on the boar. "Hell, this is easier then I thought!" Aramail shouted and he pulled his blade from the boar.

Boar A: 3/5 [///  ]

Boar B: 3/3 [///]

Boar C: 1/1 [/]

Aramail: 9/9 [/////////]

Lily: 7/7 [///////]

Greg: 7/7 [///////]

Ooh in ou personal messenger when i explained battle to you i forgot the red number is the mobs dice which th exact same as yours. The boar did two damage on you for a critical hit.

Lily observed Aramail attack the boar and landed a very good clean hit bringing its life down to yellow. Good job! My turn Lily moved forward quickly she popped her spear in her hand and chucked it at the boar bringing its life into the red zone. Lily grabbed her spear out of the boars side but then was slammed into by the boar. Lily watched as her life bar depleted a little. She got up and looked at the raged boar she had just brought to one health. Lily motioned for Greg to move. This battle was alread going there way.

16258 BD:6 hit 1 damage +1 Skill

MD: 9 critical hit 2 damage

Lily 5/7

Aramail 7/9

Greg 7/7

Boar A 3/5

Boar B 1/3

Boar C 1/1

Greg noticed the two had added him to their party. So they want me to join them? Okay, guess it couldn't hurt. he thought to himself. He read the names above his own- Aramail and Lily. Those must be their usernames. He thought. 

Greg then responded to Aramail's quip at him. "Not to any major extent, but i can handle myself in a fight. And on that note, time to get boar slaying!" he quips. He swings his Sword at the nearest boar, which is Boar A!...

ID:12659-  BD 4: Miss.

...And promptly misses his mark. He nearly hit, but just barely flubbed and swung a bit too high. "Oops. That could've gone better."

Greg gets embarrased. His first fight and he misses the very first attack. I'll bet that looked bad. He thought to himself, before readying to defend against any retaliation from the Boars. The boar retaliates by charging towards Greg!...

ID: 12659 MD: 3. Miss.

And also misses its attack. It ran just a bit too far to the right and ended up missing Greg who sidestepped the attack.

Observing the situation, Greg was not only the only player in the party to not DEAL damage, he was also the only one to not TAKE damage, barring Mallory, who seemed to not fight.

Lily 5/7
Aramail 7/9 
Greg 7/7

Boar A 3/5
Boar B 1/3
Boar C 1/1 

OoC: Wouldn't it be 3 damage, base 1, then =2 for crit.)

Aramail had left himself open as he pulled his blade from the boar. As he boasted, the boar dug it's tusk into Aramail's leg. "G'ow! Get off of me!" Aramail shouted, punching the boar off of him. "That does it." Aramail swung his blade in a hlaf arc, and brought it downwards.

ID: 16260

Battle: 3 (miss)

MOB: 9 (Crit)

Aramil misjudged the weight on his blade and as he swung, the air caused it to jut and move to the side. Aramail missed his mark, and the boar looked at him with it's red eyes. "Aw, censored." Aramail said, knowing what was gonna happen next. The boar charged him, and hit Aramail in his arm. Aramail back off from the boar. He had to keep his distance. his sword had reach, the boars tusks did not.

Aramail saw Greg swing and miss, and fortunately so did the boar. "Don't swing the sword like it's a bat." Aramail advised. He had made that mistake when he LARp'ed back in the real world. "Try a stabbing motion." Aramil said, trying to be helpful. 

Aramil turned and saw Lily take a hit. Aramil looked at her health bar, and it didn't drop all that much. "Lily, you alright?" He asked as she dug her spear into a boar, and nearly killed it in one turn. "Guess so." Aramail said, returning to his target.

Boar A: 3/5 [///  ]

Boar B: 3/3 [/  ]

Boar C: 1/1 [/]

Aramail: 5/9 [/////    ]

Lily: 7/7 [/////  ]

Greg: 7/7 [///////]

OOC: No, the boar does not have any skills so it has one damage. If it had more than one base damage I would have clarified it in the beginning.

ID:16262 BD:9 Critical LD:13

Lily attacked the biggest boar. Boar A. She ran up and ran it tbrough with her spear. She watches as its health bar dropped to zero. It exploded into a million blue shards that seemed to float before her eyes. Lily jumped back to avoid getting hit again. Lily looked at Greg. Hey, at least you did not get hit. Pretty good dodger. That can come handy. Lily looked to Mallory who was sitting in a bush. Girls. Always wouldn't get thwir hands dirty.

For killing Boar A 25 col gained 5x Mobs health =25

Lily 5/7 +25 col

Aramail 5/9

Greg 7/7

Boar B 1/3

Boar C 1/1

"Got it. Thanks!" Greg replied. He then turned to face Boar B, since Lily had just run Boar A through with her spear. Greg rushes towards the boar, preparing to slash at it with his sword, and this time hit with the attack, instead of bungling it like he did against Boar A.

Greg slashes at Boar B...!

ID:12623 BD: 7. Hit. 2 Damage (1 Base+1 Skill)

And this time, Greg doesn't mess up. The sword comes clean through Boar B's neck, taking its head off, as it dissolves into pixels. "Alright. I'm getting the hang of-" Greg's sentence was cut short as Boar C charged at him.

ID:12623 MD: 8. Hit. Boar C rams into him head first and forces him back a bit before breaking off from its charge. He wasn't too seriously hurt, but his health bar did drop a little. "Ow." he muttered as he got to his feet.

Lily: 5/7
Aramail: 5/9 
Greg: 6/7

Boar A: Dead.
Boar B: Dead.
Boar C: 1/1 

ID: 12623 LD: 12.

Greg obtained 15 (5x3) Col from the Boar.

Aramail couldn't help himself but let out a faint "Whoo Hoo!" As two of the three boars fell dead. All that was left was the runt of the three. Aramail rushed it, and dragged his sword along the ground, swinging it up as he reached his target.

ID: 16256

Battle: 1 (crit fail, -_- )

MOB: 6 (hit)

Aramail was far more tired then he thought, and his sword was now heavier then he imagined. His sword staied put, as he tried to swing. Aramail quickly jumped back, but not before the boar could cut him. "Well, this is embarrassing." Aramail said. "Can't even hit a little one. Or escape from it unscathed." Aramile said, panting and resting upon his sword.

Boar A: DEAD

Boar B: DEAD

Boar C: 1/1 [/]

Aramail: 4/9 [////     ]

Lily: 5/7 [/////  ]

Greg: 6/7 [////// ]

ID: 16287 BD:6 MD:7 LD:7

OOC: Greg next time add your loot dice roll to see if you got loot. I went bavk and looked you did but put the loot dice.

Lily attacked the last boar stabbing it and it exploded into brilliant blue shards. Lily put her spear away. She sighed and said, "Wow, good qoek guys. I think were ready to clear a easy dungeon. We had great teamwork. We stick together and we can't die. Lily pointed at a dungeon entrance and began to walk to it. She had never been in a dungeon before.... Mallory walked closely to Lily and whimpered. , You'll be okay Mallory. The rest of us are here. Ready everyone?

Aramail clutched his side. He was happy he survived his first encounter with boars. Well, not unscathed. Aramail had taken quite the beating. His face dropped a little bit when he heard Lily mention a dungeon, she was getting a little overzealous. "Well, I'm sure we can take a dungeon at some point. Even some quests. But not right now." Aramail said, his health still in the yellow, closer to red. "I think a small break would be better. I'm not saying no to the idea, just a little later, perhaps." Aramail suggested.  

(OOC- Newbies having too much fun in here. Let's spice this up)

In the Realm of Zelrius, or so the boy referred to as his conscious, there were a blur of thoughts, as they had been his whole life. The winds rose and fell with some haste, signifying the coming change to a new season in SAO. Something he would now have the luxury, or dismay, of experiencing for the 5th time. Keith was gone, Kiru was now a recovered mess. Draterion was being annoying as always, and Zelrius terribly bored. The Blood Buccaneer walked about Floor 1, as he had done quite a bit lately. The world was drab outside the frontlines. Mari had run off with 3 other players and they were now clearing the boss. The blonde haired boy had a chuckle to himself, Mari believed (And so did Zelrius, actually) that she could take out the Floor 10 boss with the Smallest boss raiding party since Floor 6, Which was taken out by Zauis in a good ol' 1v1.

The grass didn't do anything special, or the Hills look anything new. No, Floor 1 was the same thing it had been since the beginning of time, Bland. The rolling mounds of green rose and fell, and further on, flattened out or rose to incredible heights. All the way to the Horizon line; The edge of Aincrad. Somewhere out there, The disappeared Azure Brigadiers were hiding. And Zelrius refused their offer to join them. It was not in his interests to let the whole world fend for themselves, and only recently did it come to everyone else's interests. Despite his great love for his companions and his utter hate for everyone else in world, Zelrius still found himself returning to the Floor of 1, Standing outside the cities, and wandering aimlessly; For he was yellow, and could not enter towns or cities. 

His twinfire blade ablaze with Maroon and Azure flames wrapping around it, The Hydra skull helmet atop his head, a Dark blue pendant shifting around his torso in the wind. Behind him, The Light blue coat flapped violently, and upon the center of his back, glistened the insignia of the Azure Brigade in the sun. This was the Blood Buccaneer. a now Solo player, whom no one intelligent stepped in the path of. And off in the distance, a few silhouettes, flailing about with a monster of sorts.

"I think we should let ourselves recover from this encounter first.  I mean, Aramail got reduced to the yellow, so we should wait until our wounds have healed, or we risk getting ourselves killed. And we ALL know what happens if that happens." Greg shuddered at the thought, as he was reminded about what Kayaba said. You die in real life if you die in the game. "We can't be reckless about this. If i had to make a comparison, this game is kinda like a Roguelike, but the stakes are MUCH, MUCH HIGHER. We have to be absolutely sure that we're ready to enter the dungeon."

Greg knew the risks of entering the dungeon now, especially with Aramail on low hp.

Lily thought again. Maybe she was being a little reckless and she needed to slow down a bit. Their health bars were reduced to half. They needed to train a bit longer or take a rest on it. The wild was dangerous. Who knew what was in store. I guess that would be an intelligent idea. What would like to do in the wait. Just sit here and things attack us? Mallory moved so that she was behind Lily. Sweet little Mallory had already been in danger more than once. But hadn't they all?

"I suppose we could search for an easy quest to do, like finding a profession or something. I was planning to become a Blacksmith at some point so i could forge my own weapons. I mean, i'm not going to be using this basic sword forever," Gesturing to the sword he's currently wielding, "so i think i need to find a way of improving my weaponry, and the best way to do that is to forge it." Greg says. He then ponders for a moment.

"What about you guys? What professions were you going to take up?"