[PP-F7]Piercings(Calrex)

On floor seven, again, sat Finnick. He seemed to be drawn to the floor naturally  now. He didn't know why. Maybe.....Wait! He did know why. The reason the best Olympic runners were from Kenya and they had high elevation................And because you can mine in caves. Well, Finnick did know the answer. he just doubted himself. Finnick pulled out Aegis and looked at. It was meant to strike fear into the enemies of Athena and Zeus in Greek mythology, and had the face of Medusa. The only difference: The in game shield could actually paralyze enemies. Finnick put it away, but only to pull right back out so he could head out to mine.

(OOC:Calrex knows I was in a hurry)

OOC: I did? XP

IC:

"Hm...I wonder if there's anything I could find on this floor that might be useful for Teayre's shop..."

As Calrex came back through the gate he was clad in his Grand Chariot armor. Strapped to the back of his hip was the Grand Blade, and around his neck was the Ocean's Defense trinket. As he passed through he swiped through his menu to change back to his casual combat clothing as he looked around, "It's good this area has some light. I don't mind using <<Night Vision>> but the lights are a nice change of pace."

With that he went over to a nearby bench, sitting down, "Now...the question is which way should I search next...or should I take a break..."

But as soon as Finnick stood up so he could go mine, another player sat down on the bench Finnick was sitting on. Instinctively, Finnick held up Aegis, but quickly remembered he was in a safe zone so he put it down. And he also noticed the player had a green icon. "You come up here often, sir?" The guy must have been somewhere in his twenties. Man, everybody recently around has been way older than him. "Hey, I was just about to go collect materials, and was just wondering if you would like to join up! My names Finnick, but you can call me Fin. You are?" Finnick, your being too pushy. shut up and stop being a bastard.

"Hm?"

As Calrex turned he looked for a second in surprise as he saw he had sat down on a bench already occupied by another player, who had raised his shield in surprise. "Uh...I can't exactly say often, but I'm familiar with the floor."

"Hey, I was just about to go collect materials, and was just wondering if you would like to join up! My names Finnick, but you can call me Fin. You are?"

"Uh...well first of all nice to meet you Fin, I'm Calrex. As for the materials, sure if you'd like a hand I can accompany you along. I was about to go do some material gathering myself."

"Well...he's certainly a fairly forward. But I guess if he needs a hand I don't see why I couldn't. It coincides with my plans anyway."

"Awesome! Nice to meet you Calrex!  Now which way were you planning on heading?" Finnick pulled out his tier three armor and equipped it. Then he also took out his iron war axe and his Aegis. Finnick wasn't exactly a fan of heavy metal himself, but it was cheaper(because he was a blacksmith) and protected him more than light armor. Calrex himself seemed to be wearing good heavy quality armor as well. So good Finnick doubted he would ever be able to craft something better, so Finnick wasn't planning on telling him about his shop, unless he wanted to buy something for a friend or something. Wait..... I've heard that name before.... .Calrex......"Hey, Calrex, are you a member of Absolute Pin by any chance?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure. I haven't had much luck today just yet in terms of finding them. I might be I didn't go out far enough that they haven't been already collected. But it's not exactly the first time that I've been off to a bad start on these kinds of excursions."

As Finnick asked him if he was a member of Absolute Pin he turned in surprise, "Oh, actually yes I am."

As he spoke he swiped through his menu, pulling out his Rook piece, "I'm actually one of the Rook pieces, so a council member."

"Oh. Well I was planning on joining the guild, since I absolutely loved chess in he real world and I saw Absolute Pin could use a blacksmith, which maybe a good one. I am rank four blacksmith, which I believe I am the highest ranked blacksmith currently working and active, with their shop open. you should feel free to stop by sometime, it's on floor eight." Finnnick paused for a moment, looking around their surroundings. "Well all I can see are mountains. Wanna go mountain climbing? And collect some Materials? Choose a direction and I shall follow."

As Finnick told him about his interest in joining the guild Calrex gave a smirk as he nodded, "Well I'm glad that the guild is getting so many interested players. We only formed a short time ago, so it's good to know. I'll be sure to stop by your shop as well once I get the chance. In the meantime..."

With that Calrex got to his feet, quickly looking around, "Let's go ahead and head out of this gate and see if we can find anything. I haven't had any luck so far, so maybe searching higher up will yield some more luck."

With that he made a few swipes on his menu, switching out his casual combat clothing for his Grand Chariot full-body armor, the deep-sea blue metal covered his entire body as his head was enclosed in the helmet. With that he turned to Finnick once again, "Alrighty, when you're ready let's get going."

"Okay." Finnick looked down at himself. he already had all his gear on. "Okay, I'm ready." Finnick began to walk towards the gate, not able to wait much longer to be on the mountains. Finnick wanted to collect materials so bad. As the continued in the direction of one big mountain chain, many more surrounded them on all sides of the city they had just been in. As Finnick walked, he was careful to look on the ground for shiny stuff, hoping to get materials to craft with. As he walked, Finnick though he saw something shiny.

ID:16828

LD:16

Result:success

As Finnick got off the ground, he showed Calrex what he had found in the ground, a little iron ingot. Then he put it into his inventory, and continued walking.

Finnick: +1 Material

ID: 16830

Loot DIce: 14 (Search and Detect +2) = 16

Calrex gave a nod of approval as Finnick showed him the material he had found on the ground, "Nice work. It's looking to be more plentiful on this side already."

With that he scanned across the ground, looking as well. As he did he saw a reflective surface, digging underneath to find a reflective stone, possibly a gem of some kind, "I think Teayre might be able to make good use of this in her crafts."

He quickly swiped and added the gem to his inventory as he got to his feet.

+1 Materials

Total: 1