[PP, F1] Harvest Festival (Meokka and Azazel)

Guest Meokka

Guest Meokka

While at the bar listening to more rumors. It seems there was a lot of hoots and yells as people left to go to the grassy plains. Meokka got up to inquire about this to the bartender.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Seems the entertainers finally found a quest they can do to help people out." The bartender stated as he cleaned a glass.

"Oh? How so?" Meokka asked.

"They found out on the grassy plains just outside the city, they can use their music to inspire the terrain to grow various crops and herbs." He explained.

"Oh what for?" Meokka asked tilting her head.

"Well the musicians play, and cooks and alchemists gather. Today is the twenty eight time they're doing it. Everyone gets something out of it, so it's well worth it."

Meokka nodded and quickly sent a mail to Azazel. She remembered her saying something about potions once upon a time.

<<To: Azazel>>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please meet me outside the city on floor one. I think I may have found something beneficial to your career if you are still interested in potions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you sir." she smiled at the bar tender.

The ginger haired older gentleman smiled and winked at her as she ran past. He found Meokka a rather sweet young lass. 

Meokka looked around and didn't see Azazel. She just leaned against the city wall and waited for her.

Azazel was in her favorite spot, in her favorite place, doing her favorite thing when she got the message from Meokka. The woman picked her head up off the table and looked at the ten empty mugs that surrounded her like her own private beer fort. “I’m slacking today,†she sighed in dismay thinking there should’ve been at least three more mugs there.  Zaz clicked on the display message that popped up and opened the note. It seemed Meokka had something for her to do. Since Meo was one of a handful people that Anna was fond of she decided to comply with her friend’s request. But first, “I need one more for the road!†She called to the bartender. She was given another beer, and she threw it back in haste and then went in search of her pretty blue aired friend.

Meokka was waiting for Zaz at the edge of town. She stood with her back against the wall looking around, presumably for Azazel. “I’m here,†she said as she waved to get Meo’s attention. She walked over and stood before the incredibly tall girl, “So what’s the plan?†Anna inquired. 

Guest Meokka

She saluted her.

"I heard you opened up a potions shop." she beamed. 

She went at ease and pointed to where the performers were.

"Over there. This isn't the first time they've done it. When they play music it seems to enforce plant growth in SAO. The cooks and alchemists come in ever few weeks, and the performers play while they gather materials. I was wondering if you needed any for your potion making. I want to see your business take flight and help gather with you if you're in the mood today."

“No shop yet, but I have started learning the trade,†Zaz corrected the girl. Anna was not prepared to open up a thing that she was going to have to be tied to. The woman was going to learn her trade on the move which wouldn’t be an easy task.

“And stop saluting me, we’re not in the military and I’m not your superior, “ Zaz laughed.

Meokka explained what was going on and Azazel smiled. “That’s pretty awesome. I’d like to check in out.†This was just the sort of thing the woman loved. “You know gathering is pretty impossible though. It’s a lot easier to kill things for materials than it is to try and gather them. You prepared for the difficult task before us?†

Guest Meokka

16779 ld1

She lowered her hand wondering why everyone corrected her on that.

"Actually I think it's faster this way. I mean with monsters getting higher HP. If you wanted to kill enemies I wouldn't mind doing that too." She looked around and waited for the plants. she picked one far too early. "Oh...And this just proves I don't have a green thumb." She sighed. Meokka looked over to Azazel. "How many should we get?" she asked her curiously. "It'll be our goal and we can have a race if you want." she beamed happily. "So monsters or gardening with the help of these people that make the flowers and herbs grow." she awaited her decision. 

LD: 3

“Simpler eh?†Anna said as she tried to pick a piece of Rosemary but had it disintegrate upon touch. I don’t know about that.†Anna looked over at Meokka, “ I guess we’re just not good at this.†She giggled. “Alright, let’s keep trying. She moved down the row looking for plants that were ready. They all seemed to be growing well but weren’t right for harvesting just yet. Zaz scanned the field and all the perfect little rows of plants. “ They’ve done a really good job, I wonder whose idea this was?†she wondered aloud.

Meokka spoke up and asked how much she wanted to collect,  â€œOh ummm, just until we get tired of looking, sound good, and we’ll make it a race if that will motivate you to search harder,†she smiled. That was Meo for you, always looking for a way to make the job fun. But Zaz had things other than fun on her mind.

“so what do you make of our leader?†she asked the girl casually. They had not yet had a chance to talk about their acceptance to Absolute Pin, nor to talk about the other members, all of which, Zaz hardly knew.

Guest Meokka

16868 LD16

She listened to the music and the wind pipes rang out as a celtic throng. She felt like skipping but resisted. She just walked along with Azazel. 

"I thought it would quicker than trying to kill mobs. I could be mistaken." 

She stopped as she saw white flowers blooming and berries. She knelt down and carefully took one. She then looked in her inventory for the discription of the item and saw it was for alchemy. It was a five point white flower. She smiled to herself then looked to Az giving her a nod.

"Our leader? Well, she's my teacher now. Took me under her wing. She's very resolute and steadfast in trying to beat this game. I think we all are, but under her I think we can do it. She has a teamwork mentality, and from what she said at the first meeting she won't be stupid and throw us at bosses right away. I've been training really hard, and she and I will train. She's a good person but maybe hard for some people to understand you know. I guess I respect that flaw as in the real world I had the same issue. People mistake my tall stature for being proud and intimidating, and then uniprocable. If you close your eyes and listen to her voice. It has concern and dedication. She'll help us all get ready. We stand together. I like that.I like it a lot. She reminds me of you a little bit Az-sama. You're both have a serious adult nature. I think that's why I can get along with you both. What did you think of her?"

1/ 10 (Setting the marker for 10 for now)

LD: 18

“More than just a little…†Azazel laughed. Gathering took a lot more work than fighting mobs. Still the music was pretty and it was a pretty day outside. Zaz moved to another row and tried picking a bit of mint. She found a plant in rather good health and successfully removed a sprig of it. Carefully she placed it in her inventory to keep it safe.

Anna listened as Meokka talked about Ariel. There was a guild conversation in private about the leader taking the girl under her wing, but she didn’t know it’d already taken place. She heard the girl’s words and just absorbed them giving no indications to her feelings upon her face. However when the girl said that she reminded her a little bit of Anna the left corner of her lip twitched slightly. “Is that so?†she said rather indifferently and tried her best to shrug the insult off. But Anna knew the truth; there was nothing similar about them. Azazel was not setting herself up as a false queen pretending that her intentions were pure. She simply did not believe that about the blond. However, Meokka had seemingly been taken in which meant that she could not trust the girl, and could not share her true feelings. Azazel looked over at the tall girl and gave a soft smile knowing that soon she would have to let her be. There was no way for Azazel to keep someone like her in Zaz’s inner circle. It was a shame too. She had grown fond of the bluenette. For now she would continue to enjoy Meo’s presence while she could.

“I still haven’t really spoken to our leader so I haven’t the opportunity to get to know her yet,†Anna said and smiled as genuinely as she could manage. “I’m sure I will soon…â€

“Not…†Anna thought, “Not ever happening….â€

2/10 Mats

Guest Meokka

16875 LD14

She saw another flower and cut it. Then t seemed to turn blue and shatter before she could take it at all. She stared a little shocked at what happened. Then realized she was a little too early at picking the flower. She sighed and continued to look for alchemy resources. Her head bobbed a bit to the music and she looked over to Az. She felt the woman was almost too short in her words. She looked back at what she was doing then back to Azazel.

"I'm going to protect Teayre, Calrex, and you. She brought us all together in one place. At first. I looked at that an an opportunity to protect the ones closest to me, and to get stronger. I'm not sure why she took me in yet. That's why I asked what your opinion was. Tell me what you think after you talk to her okay." she smiled. "Usually I'm a good judge of character. She seems to want to protect people. If she protects everyone I care about or makes that a goal." she nodded to herself. "I can respect and fall in line to that." She kept looking for materials. "I'm sure I can't help you get stronger, you're already stronger then me, so, I had to find another way to help you. I listen to rumors a lot and find things like this that can help helpful to people. I might not be able to help you get stronger, but I can help your business you know. Line your pocket if you sell potions, and, the best part is I know you'll have potions on you most likely. So if there's anything else I can help you with don't hesitate to ask okay." she didn't seem to realize Azazel's hatred towards her mentor. She would feel sorry to lose her from the guild but her reaction might surprise the woman.

Zaz watched as Meokka selected a blue flower and began to clip at it only to have the thing shatter at the last moment. The woman laughed and smiled widely. “It’s tough work,†she said and chuckled and then went back about her work. She didn’t notice Meokka observing her, as she was too busy searching through a row of ripe berries trying to select which to try and pick. She hummed along with the pretty music. The notes were repetitive and so it was easy to pick up the tune. She selected a bunch of deep purple berries that would boost her healing potions if only she could collect them.

LD: 18

Success!

She was able to gently remove the berries from the shrub they grew upon and put them safely in her inventory.

"I'm going to protect Teayre, Calrex, and you…†the girl started, Anna looked over at her and smiled. This was the thing that she’d liked about Meokka from the first moment she met the tall girl. The girl explained that she accepted because she wanted a chance to grow stronger to protect those she knows and said she didn’t know why the blond would choose Meo as her protégé.

“I should think it obvious my friend,†Anna said and smiled. Zaz knew that Meo had leadership capabilities. Anna just felt that it was too bad the devil queen would be busy molding Meokka into her own image to let the girl grow into the strong effective leader she knew Meo could be under the proper circumstances.

The girl finished by saying that because she felt that Ariel was a genuine person and she wanted to protect those that Meokka found important, that she could fall in line and asked that Anna give her a real opinion about Ariel once she got a chance to talk to the woman. However, this was not something she felt she could do. Once she got all the information she could about Ariel, and if she found her lacking, she would immediately severe guild ties and would move herself as far as she could from it. Meokka would be safe so long as Teayre was there. She was the only one of the three that truly had issue with becoming a member of the group. There had to be a reason for that.

“Thanks Meokka,†Zaz said. “You’re already a big help. The materials they were collecting were going to be used to make potions for certain. She would have to be sure and gift some to Meo before she made her disappearing act. 

3/10 Mats

Guest Meokka

16883 LD13

"I see. I bet gardening in the real world is hard." she looked over at Azazel. "Are you secretly good at gardening Az-sama?" she couldn't help but ask.

A gust of wind blew something that resembled white dandelion seeds around. She pointed to Azazel's hair and went to get some of the seeds out of her hair.

"You're hair reminds me of the earth. Maybe it gives you super powers when it comes to this sort of thing."

She looked at the sudden burst of flowers. Yellows, blues, purples, reds. All with sweet scents too. There were also some bushes that had various colored berries on them.. She seemed to enraptured by the beauty of the place to really notice she should harvest something. 

"So, meet anyone nice recently, or do any quests with someone new?" she figured she'd make some small talk.

LD: 14

“Gardening in the real world is actually much simpler,†She said,†And I have a small vegetable garden growing in my window planters in the real world. I have some herbs, zucchini and tomatoes when the season allows it. The zucchini I planted should be flowering about now. I hope someone will remember to pick them.†Zaz said and grimaced remembering the real world for a moment. Chances were that everything she owned was no longer in that apartment she rented. When she woke up, there’d be nothing for her to go back to.

The wind blew bringing her mind back to Aincrad, and flowering seed pods tumbled through the air Anna watched as the danced in the breeze and then proceeded to tangle into her long brown hair. She’d been wearing her hair down these days as she had not replaced the barrette she threw over the cliff that day. Meo reached over and helped her pulls some of the seeds out.

"You're hair reminds me of the earth. Maybe it gives you super powers when it comes to this sort of thing."

“Perhaps,†Anna blushed.

The woman went to pick a small red bud from a vine when Meokka asked her about meeting anyone new recently. She accidentally crushed the flower between her fingers and her face went red as her thoughts went immediately to Zero. Anna very much wanted to tell Meokka about the handsome young man she’d met not all that long ago, but that would’ve meant also explaining how she’d met him, and she couldn’t admit that out loud.

“No… no one,†she said fighting off a smile. “I mean a couple of new recruits, but that’s about it†She said playing things off and wiped the squished flower bud off her fingers and onto her pants. “What about you? Met anyone new or gone on any adventures without me?†She said trying to move the conversation off herself. 

Guest Meokka

16891 LD6 (pft sorry)

"Really, that's sounds really nice. I might try picking it up as a hobby then. Eating fresh food sounds like a luxury."

Seeing her get all flustered so quickly she just smiled. So that's why she hadn't heard from Azazel. Well she wouldn't pry but she'd just be happy for her. She felt bad she wasn't so good at this.

"If you wanted we can also go monster slaying I don't mind." 

She thought she was getting the hang of this and then the branch she held that was full of berries shattered in a sea of blue. Meokka pursed her lips. She'd have to try harder.

"So what kinds of potions can you make Az-sama?" she was curious she didn't know much about the profession. 

Anna’s mind had completely wandered toward thoughts of Zero. Warmth emanated from her cheeks and her eyes glazed over completely taken in by the recollection. She wondered where he was, and why he hadn’t bothered finding her.  It’d been more than a week and he hadn’t even bothered messaging her at all. Zaz knew it was time to start abandoning the hope he would come see her soon; she just couldn’t bring herself to do it yet. Her fingers reached for small berry and once again she crushed the darn things between her fingers. It was the sweet scent of berry that drew her back to the moment.

“HUH? Oh,†she said as she looked at the mess and rubbed the smooshed fruit between her fingers before putting her fingers in her mouth to clean up the mess. The berry was tart but had a sweet finish to it.

Meokka was having terrible luck picking things and suggested that maybe they could go killing mobs. “I like this,†Anna said and smiled at the girl, “It’s too nice. Even if we don’t get as many as you were hoping I’d like to stay here.†She told the girl. The field was peaceful, the weather fair, the music was pretty and it was the first time in forever that Azazel felt at peace in Aincrad. It almost felt normal. She’d forgotten how much she missed the small details of living in the real world like gardening and she was glad to be doing it again.

"So what kinds of potions can you make Az-sama?" Meokka asked.

“I’m not exactly sure… I can make health potions but I haven’t learned any others yet.†She told Meo. “I really ought to find out.â€

Guest Meokka

17008 LD4 (wow I'm not being helpful at all)

"I guess I"m awful at gardening. Would you rather we go fight some mobs instead? I won't mind taking two at a time if you're interested. I got my forge not to long ago, and wouldn't mind showing off my weapon I created." she smiled to Az rather pleased with herself. "Or you can watch me fail miserably here." she laughed. "Do those taste good?" she tried one it was pretty sweet. "Hm...I like tart more than sweet." she shrugged and looked around. "Maybe I'll try looking one more time. I want to get one at least."

LD: 16

“You really are bad at this,†Anna laughed as she plucked a sprig of mint rather easily. Zaz told the girl that this was not going to be an easy task. The girl insistently whined about fighting things instead of picking them and Azazel sighed. As much as she wanted to continue to bask in the sun and enjoy her time of easy work she could not deny her friend’s need to kill things. Meo had even brought her new pointy thing! She also did want to try out her new armor. She had it, but had not yet equipped it because it didn't feel like a part of her just yet.

“Alright, alright,†Zaz sighed and shook her head. “Let’s go kill things. I can keep looking along the way.â€

4/10 Mats

LD: 16

“You really are bad at this,†Anna laughed as she plucked a sprig of mint rather easily. Zaz told the girl that this was not going to be an easy task. The girl insistently whined about fighting things instead of picking them and Azazel sighed. As much as she wanted to continue to bask in the sun and enjoy her time of easy work she could not deny her friend’s need to kill things. Meo had even brought her new pointy thing! She also did want to try out her new armor. She had it, but had not yet equipped it because it didn't feel like a part of her just yet.

“Alright, alright,†Zaz sighed and shook her head. “Let’s go kill things. I can keep looking along the way.â€

4/10 Mats

Guest Meokka

17062 LD20 there we go

She kept searching and procured one more material for her bag. She gave it to Azazel without hesitation. She nodded when she heard they were going to go fight things. She dusted off, getting the dirt off herself. She then moved her hands together. She looked at her with a grin. She was battle ready.

"So which floor are we going to clear of a data problem?" She held her hand up for for Azazel to clasp. Meokka beamed with sudden renewed energy. She remembered once she was afraid to attack a monster, but knew she had to. These days she looked forward to it as fire burned through his amethyst eyes. "I'll put my faith in you, and I've got your back too Az." she looked at her with determination in her eyes.

5/10

LD: 14

Azazel tried to pick one more thing before she went, but once again she ended up breaking the fragile fruit upon plucking it. “Seriously?†she complained and wiped the juices on her pants once more. “Alright, I’m done here,†she said and accepted Meokka’s hand and let the girl pull her up. “It doesn’t matter which floor so long as there are plant mobs. I think that pretty much covers here through eight. We could also go to a level with caves, and hunt mobs that drop crystals. It’s a little early to be collecting them, but they’re good to have.â€

Meokka pulled Azazel up and told her something funny. The woman never knew what wavelength the girl traveled on but she found her ideals interesting nonetheless. She grinned and shook her head trying not to laugh. "I've got my back kiddo, you just remember to check yours once in awhile, okay?" She said and pat Meo on the back. " Now let's get out of here shall we?" 

Guest Meokka

"I'm not a kid you know." she turned and walked with her. "What floor should we traverse to?" She followed her wondering why she didn't say she had her back too. Was something wrong? She didn't want to push the subject yet. She wanted to help gather materials for her instead. It was more important for survival. Sometimes Meokka didn't work on an emotional level but a survival instinct. Most people just assumed the reverse. She was just careful. She looked up at the clouds. She was always surprised the game never seemed to lag. Would would happen if it did lag? Maybe she shouldn't think about such things. She looked back down to where she was walking.

"If we kill higher level Nepents they should drop alchemy items right?" she asked curiously. "Or do you know of better monsters to fight?" she asked curiously.