[PP - F1] Humble Beginings (Dante&BlackSweettart)

Lowenthal was taking a stroll around starting town. It seemed discovering places gave you xp. Not as much as fighting monsters, but enough to level up a few times. It must of been a beginner thing, but if he kept it up then he could have enough stats to survive a monster attack. He heard a plip, and pulled up his menu. He rolled his eyes as he saw it was from his sister's avatar.

To: Lowenthal

Hey nerd, I'm in a cafe. Where have you been!? You know how worried I been? Reply back, sheez.

Lowenthal sighed audibly and rubbed his eyes. Will she ever learn, that he's not an idiot. Sure Lowenthal didn't talk to alot of people, but he had just got out of a conversation with a man named Calrex. So that's a plus. Lowenthal pushed his hands into his pockets and started walking to one of the numerous 'cafes' in Starting City.

Rest was always necessary in the unrelenting world of SAO. After finishing some grinding and quests Dante decided it would be a good idea to take a breathe of fresh air in Starting City. He pulled up his menu and was searching through his inventory when he collided with another.

"Ah! My bad," Dante said as he picked himself up. He apprently knocked over the other man as well, offering a hand out to help him get up as well.

Strange, the other seemed to remind him of an old friend of his. Dante was still pained about the loss of his friend Aramail. But for some reason the man he just encountered gave him a similar feeling that Aramail did, it was unexplainable.

Being so shocked, Dante just stood there and stared, examining the stranger whom he just ran into.

Lowenthal bounced off a new face. "Ow, watch where you're going. Jeez" He said,taking the strangers hand. Lowenthal dusted himself off, when he noticed the teen staring. "Can I help you?" Lowenthal asked, raising a brow to him. Was there something on his face? His clothes still wet? And what was with gravity today? This was twice he's fallen down.

"Uh, sorry. You just reminded me of someone." Dante told the stranger. "My name's Dante, what's yours?" He wasted no time introducing himself and sticking out his hand in greeting. The player seemed new, after all he still had pretty basic gear on, and didn't seem to know where he was going. Dante debated asking the man if he needed help or not with anything, but decided against it for the moment as he seemed a little stand-offish at first.

Lowenthal shook Dante's hand. "I'm Lowenthal." He replied. This was odd, this was twice today he felt comfortable around people. "I'm was actually heading over to that cafe, over yonder." Lowenthal said. "Gonna meet up with a family member there. And after that I dunno." He said, walking and shrugging. Lowenthal opened the door to the cafe, and saw his sister sitting there. "There you are sis!" Lowenthal exclaimed. "I got your message. Oh, and this is Dante. We just ran into each other." Lowenthal said, throwing his thumb to Dante. "This is my sister. BlackSweetHeart." He said, making introductions.

Seeing my brother enter the cafe made my heart jump I was really starting to get bored playing with my menu. The guy he had with him looked friendly enough. I stand from my seat and stretch a little. Sitting for so long can be a real bother to the body. .  . . In the real world at least.

"What took you so long to find me?"

Mid stretch I realize I don't feel any different than when I entered the Cafe. Physically I mean. I actually feel more relaxed. I make sure to smile towards Dante. "Hello, my name's Kiyoto"

Dante smiled as the two introduced themselves. "Hi Kiyoto!" He said with a wave. The two preceded to walk over to the cafe. Dante took a seat and waited on the two to start conversation. He felt a little left out, but he was sure they would have something planned if they were planning to meet up like this, so he twiddled his thumb's as he listened to the siblings talk.

Lowenthal sighed a sigh of relief as the two made nice. He pulled up a chair and sat down. "So sis, find anything new out?" Lowenthal asked her. "I've been walking around town, and met a guy who gave me a tour." He said, referring to his friend Calrex whom he met before coming over. "Anything you want to do sis? I'm sure Dante here could help us." Lowenthal said, hopefully. "I've already got a shop in mind, to make us some Col." Lowenthal said, leaning back in his chair.

We all sit together and Lowenthal begins yammering about where he's been and asks what we should do.

" Well I've just been sitting here really. Waiting for you." I give him a light punch in the arm. This was new to me so I took a min. to think about where I'd like to go. This was also the first time big bro was being so nice to me. Maybe being trapped in a virtual world together has it's positives.

"I'd like to see the city."

Dante shook his head in agreement to helping and let off a little smile, he squinted his eyes and scratched his hair in thinking what the group should do. "It wouldn't be a bad idea for you two to find your bearings," he said agreeing with Kiyoto's idea of looking around the city. He then stood up and yawned, stretching his legs.

"Anything you two want to do is fine, I'm always in the mood to help new friends." He opened his menu and sent them both friend requests.

Lowenthal nodded. "I just got off the tour, so i could get us started?"  He asked, standing from his seat. He guessed he could start with the main teleportation hub. "C'mon then." He said to his sister. "Off your ass." He said in a brotherly love tone. Lowenthal heard a ping in his head, and quickly opened and accepted the friend request.

I paw Lowenthal's hand away then stand up. A ping rings in my head and I open my menu the hundredth time today and accept Dante's friend's request. 

"Alright then, lead the way." Saying so I realize how much I couldn't stand the cafe any longer. It had only been a few hours but it felt like months waiting for Big bro.

~Let's go through the city!~

((OOC) - Sorry for not saying this sooner but it's nice to meet you Dante. Thank you for RPing with me and Lowenthal tonight. ^ - ^ )

"After you then!" Dante said to Lowenthal and followed behind him, he then turned to Kiyoto with a nod that symbolized, after you. He began to walk with the group now, hoping that they would get into an adventure after the exploration. After all, Dante had become craving fighting in the game recently. Normally, this wasn't his nature in real life, where he refrained from confrontation unless necessary. But he knew this was different, he wanted to become stronger to save everyone, like the friends he had just made!

((OOC- No problem, nice to meet you too. Lowenthal is a pleasure and I'm sure I'll be able to say the same for you :) ))

Lowenthal strectched his arms above his head, "Alright, first stop is the Center of town. The Teleportation pad." Lowenthal said, leading his party there. As the group got closer, the buildings thinned and revealed large leveled off area. In the center was a large circle, glowing bright blue. "This is the main teleportation hub. This is where you can switch floors, and where you teleport to when you use a teleportaion crystal or a recall potion." Lowenthal said, trying his best to explain it to his sister.

Dante smiled as the girl turned to him. He put his hands over his head and just enjoyed the relaxation that came along with this little tour. He looked up into the bright sky and drifted off a little as the wind swept through his roughly tussled hair. With squinted eyes towards the sky Dante let out a long breathe of air, and preceded to lower his hands then address the other two.

"Teleportation in SAO is crazy, and incredibly convenient, walking all that way would sure be a problem sometimes." he said as he pointed to the pad. "Alright, where to next Low?"

Lowenthal looked at Dante, he felt confused about the nickname. Didn't know if it was because it was making Dante's life easier or that it was sentimental. Lowenthal shrugged it off, and continued on with his tour. "Alright guys, next stop will be an important one." Lowenthal said. "It's the memorial." He said, leading the group there.

The Memorial. I didn't quite know what to expect, when Lowenthal mentioned it he had a somber tone and when I looked to Dante his always smiling face looked sad. But when we reached it I understood their change of mood. A large stone from bottom to top and along all the sides names neatly carved into it. Without having to tell me, I know every single one of these names are real people who have died in this game.

I stand a few inches from it for what feels like eternity just standing there, reading names. When my vision becomes too foggy to make any more out I realize I'd started crying. Why not? This is the symbol of reality, that this all more than just a game. The choices we make here, the dungeons we step into could be the difference between life and death. Just when I start o feel alone in a dark place I feel the comfort of Lowenthal's embrace. A deep breath and a sniffle later I lift my head and turn around to face Big bro and Dante. 

"We've got to beat this game. I want to get stronger and finish this to the end."

Dante's head faced the ground as they approached the memorial, he walked over and kneeled down by a particular name the other couldn't make out from afar. He clutched his fist and swelled up in the eyes as he looked over again to Aramail's name. He stood up and turned around to the others as tears slightly welled up in his eyes.

"You're right, we have to beat this game, together, to save all these people, I'll never lose a friend again!" Dante shouted as he comforted Kiyoto and Lowenthal. He was still upset about seeing his old friend's name, but decided he had to focus on what he could save rather than what he could do nothing about. Although he still did miss his old pal.

Lowenthal gathered everyone back at the entrance. "Well, that's that I think." He said, scratching the back of his head. "Next thing that guy went over with me was, the market district. Then we practiced killing things." Lowenthal said, remembering his time with Calrex. He decicded on the market district next. "Alright, next is the shopping district. Where you buy potions and the like!" He said, enthusiastically. He walked out of the memorial and began to lead the group to the shopping district.

The shopping district was a claustrophobic mess or roads and buildings. The buildings tightly knit, a mix of NPC and player ran shops. The air was musty, filled with the scent of leather dyes, and hot metal. Lowenthal took a deep breath, and enjoyed the smell. Reminded him of city life.