[PP-F1] Memories Weigh More Than Swords.

Corvus sat down on the sill of an inn's second-floor room. Dangling his legs over the edge, he watched the crowds below him making their ways to wherever they must be going. Bored, he kept opening and closing his menu, childishly entertained by the annoying repetition of the scripted chime sound. An idea sprung up at the sight of the messaging icon.

TO: Teayre
MESSAGE: Hey, It's Corvus, from back on floor four. I was wondering actually, if it's not to out of the way, do you mind meeting me down on
floor one? I have some questions.

"No going back now."    He said aloud while pressing send.

Resting against the closed window behind him, Corvus rested, waiting for a response. 

Hopefully this won't happen like any other time.

• 2 weeks later...

As a message pinged up on her screen Teayre furrowed her brow, flicking it open she found it was from Corvus. Corvus? As she cast her mind back she remembered it was the quiet boy from when she had first met Kotori. Jumping up she headed towards the door “Come on Bel-eram.†She finished the word quietly as she got a tear in her eye. Beleram was no longer there, it’d been some time now and yet he was still gone. As she reached the teleport pad on floor four Teayre made her way to floor one, her face grim as she wound her way through the streets. Bringing her menu up she sent Corvus a reply.

To: Corvus

Subject: Questions

Corvus, meet me in the Starlight Café on floor one. I’m sure you’ll recognise me.

Teayre.

As she sent the message Teayre found herself opening the door to the Starlight Café without realising how she had got there the small girl smiled before sliding into a booth and ordering a strawberry sundae.

Corvus read and re-read the reply. 'The cafe? Why couldn't it be anywhere but there?' He told himself.

Leaving his inn room, Corvus stopped to check how many more nights he still had paid for. After paying for four more, he began his short walk in search of the cafe. Seeing the entrance, Corvus impatiently darted

in between two people walking through. A few short 'sorrys' later, he sat down across from Teayre.

"Long time no see, right?" 

As the awkward boy made his way across to her, Teayre smiled at him. "He reminds me of my sister bumping into everyone like that, I hope he's okay though I mean I'be only seen him once before back with Kotori." With her thoughts interrupted as Corvus spoke with to her she shook her head momentarily before waving a hand for him to sit down.

"Sit, sit and order yourself something, it's on me alright. So how've you been Corvus and more to the point what did you want to talk about?"

Teayre uncrowded and recrossed her legs just as her ice cream and drink turned up taking the spoon she began to spin it around in her hand unconsciously as she started to slowly tap the glass before tucking in to the treat waiting for Corvus' reply.

"I-Im good. Not hungry right now." Corvus stated near silently. He couldn't even bring the thought of food to his head. Crossing his fingers, Corvus bean to collect his thoughts. 'Where do I start? Its been a few months since I interacted with anyone else but these past few weeks Its so different,' Thoughts and questions swam around in his head, until he grabbed on to one. 

"How do I get a familiar? I know you have belram and I was missing an ole bird of mine for some time now. Speaking of him, where is belram?"

Corvus asked the questions hesitantly. He wasn't quite sure if this was an acceptable topic for a casual conversation. Or maybe it was just his paranoia that told him that.

Teayre nodded as the boy stated he wasn’t hungry he moved on to ask about how to get a familiar and then mentioned about Beleram. Her spoon clattered onto the table as the boy asked Teayre where Beleram was. Her eyes shutting as she seemed to breath in and out several times very slowly her hand flexing before  picking the spoon up and spinning playing with it in her hand. Teayre’s voice was very strained as she replied.

“There’s a quest called feeding the enemy you have to complete, you can acquire it on any floor and then you’ll be able to obtain a familiar that is native to that floor.â€

Placing the spoon back down Teayre leaned back and sighed, she didn't want to think about Beleram. Not just yet when it hadn't even been a month since she had lost him.