[SP F-1] A Dream Becomes A Reality <Earning A Living> (Completed)

Leon was just laying in his bed by himself at the orphanage while all of the other kids was outside playing. He was thinking where or not if he should sneak out and see if Calrex was on this floor. "I highly doubt that Calrex is on this floor. Maybe I should go see that blacksmith again." Then Leon decided that he'll go and visit the blacksmith again and see him make another weapon. Leon poked his head out his window and looked at all of the kids playing and the workers watching them. "They should be out there all day, so I should be good to go." Leon then hopped out his bed, sneaked out the front door, and made his way to the shop.

Leon started to make his way to the merchant district. Leon watched as people looked at him, probably wondering why would a kid be doing in this part of town by himself. Leon wasn't worried about the people staring at him at all, but instead he ignored the stares and happily continued walking until he made his way to the blacksmith's shop. He walked in and saw the blacksmith finishing a weapon. Leon looked at the weapon and back at the blacksmith and said to him, "Hello there."

"Why hello there kid! It's been a good bit since I've seen you. What brings you here?" The blacksmith said to Leon as he placed the weapon down so it can cool for a little bit.

Leon looked around the shop to see all of the weapon that he made and then said to him, "I just came by to see you make some more weapons."

"Hmm...I think you came here to do a little more than watch me. Am I right kid? By the way kid, the names Drake. What's yours?"

Leon thought about what Drake said for a moment and told him, "I guess you're right. I guess I want to know all about being a blacksmith. Also, my name is Leon."

"Well Leon, it's not going to be real easy but I can teach you if you want." Drake said to Leon while waiting for his response

"Sure, why not." Leon said to Drake.

"Trust me, it's nothing too hard at all." Drake said to Leon before he went into the back of the shop. When he returned, he brought a pickaxe with him and said to Leon, "There's a quiet little cave not too far out of town. What I want you to do is go there and grab about 4 or 5 so I can teach you how to make a weapon."

Leon looked at the pickaxe for a moment, grabbed the pickaxe, and told him, "Ok, I'll be back in a few." and left his shop

"I'm pretty sure this is no where near legal, but this isn't the real world so there's nothing I can really do about it." Leon said to himself as he made his way out of the Town of Beginnings for the very first time. Leon was a little nervous at first about leaving town, but quickly got over it.

Leon opened his map and looked at the location of the cave and where he was at now. "So it shouldn't be too much farther from here." Leon said and started to make his way over to the cave.

Leon walked into the cave and looked around for a good spot to start mining. "I wonder if I can find a gold mine in here." Leon said as he found a good spot and started mining. The little kid swung the pickaxe as hard as he could and saw some rocks as fall on the ground in front of him. Leon placed the pickaxe on the ground and started to sort through the rocks. After a while, Leom spotted something glowing on the ground. "Hey! I found an ore! This is pretty good for my first time!" Leon placed the ore in the inventory and looked for another spot to mine.

ID: 17463 LD: 19 Obtained 1 mat

"Hopefully I can find another ore this time." Leon said as he looked for another wall to mine. After a couple of minutes of searching, Leon found a good wall to mine, gripped the pickaxe, and started mining for another ore. The kid swung the pickaxe as hard as he could until he got tired. Leon put the pickaxe down and said, "Guess there's nothing over here. Time for me to move on." Then he wiped the sweat from off his face. Then Leon picked up the pickaxe, placed it on his shoulder and started searching for another wall to mine on.

ID: 17468 LD: 11

Leon looked around and sat down at another wall, but he didn't mine just yet. He opened his menu and grabbed some water, opened it and started to drink it. After Leon finished drinking the water, a thought came to him. "Would Drake mind me just finding someone to buy the ores?" After a moment of thinking, Leon said, "No, it probably wouldn't feel the same as getting it myself." So Leon got up, brushed himself off, and started mining. Not too long after he started mining, he saw an ore fall to the ground. "Cool!" Leon said as he picked up the ore, but sadly it crumbled to pieces shortly after picking it up. "Hope I didn't use all my luck on the first try." Leon said as he looked around for another mining spot.

ID: 17474 LD: 2

Leon started to mine another wall. "I hope I get one this time." Leon said to himself to get his spirits back up some. But sadly, he couldn't find anything this time. "I wonder what I could be doing wrong." Leon then sat down and started to think about what he done so far and what might have gone wrong. He rubbed his blue hair trying to think of the reason. After a few minutes, he snapped his fingers and said, "Maybe, I'm mining a little bit too hard and that might be the cause of me not finding any ores." Leon jumped up, grabbed the pickaxe and said, "Guess I need to start mining just a little bit softer so I can hopefully find some ores this time." Now with a more determined look on his face, Leon then went over to look for another wall to mine.

ID: 17480 LD: 14

Leon went near the spot where he had gotten his first ore at and began to mine again. "Maybe I have just a little bit more luck over here." Leon said as he began to mine for some more ores. Leon mined for as long as he could until he saw that there was nothing to be mined from that spot. "Now I'm starting to wonder if there are any more ores here in this cave." Leon said as he wiped off some more sweat from his face. "I'm going to check a few more spots around this cave before I head back to town and talk to Drake about this." Then Leon started to look around for a few more spots inside the cave, before he decideds if he should head back or stay for a little bit longer.

ID: 17484 LD: 2

Leon found a decent spot near the middle of the cave and began to mine with every ounce of strength he had. "Come on, let me at least find one more ore before I head back." Leon pleaded. But despite all of his effort, couldn't find another ore to take back with him. Leon sat down on the wall, sighed and said very sadly, "I guess there's nothing left in the cave." Then Leon got up and started to make his way out of the cave. Then right before he exited the cave, something told him to check the cave one last time before he left. "Alright, one last go. Hopefully I can find at least one more ore."

ID: 17499 LD: 8

Going back into the cave due to a strange feeling. So Leon went to where near the back of the cave. He looked at Drake's pickaxe and said, "Please, let me find just one more ore." Leon took a deep breath and began to mine for one last time. He hit the wall with the pickaxe as carefully as he possibly can, trying not to shatter any possible ore that he might find. Sadly, luck was no longer on his side. Leon still couldn't manage to find an ore. "I guess it's safe to assume that this cave is empty." Leon said as put Drake's pickaxe back into his inventory, let out a depressing sigh, exited the cave, and started to make his way back to town.

ID: 17512 LD: 4

"I hope that Drake can understand the situation that I'm in when I get back to his shop." Leon said as he was walking back to town. Leon was hoping that Drake wouldn't be really mad at him for not being able to get 4 ores for him. Leon was getting scared just thinking about it. "I-I'm sure he'll understand." Leon said very nervously. "I hope this doesn't affect my chances of becoming a blacksmith." Leon said to himself as the town gates was now in sight. Leon sighed and began to walk into town, making his way to Drakes shop.

Leon was walking around town, really depressed that the mining didn't go as well as he expected. Leon was really nervous about how Drake will feel when he tells him the bad news. Leon then slowed his pace some so he won't have to get to Drake's shop as quickly as he normally would. "It's ok Leon, there's nothing to be nervous about. Drake will understand and probably figure something out." After Leon said that to himself, he felt a little bit better. So Leon took a deep breath, letting his blue hair blow in the wind, and made his way to the shop.

"Hey there Leon. Why you look so sad?"

"Umm...The cave I went to...it's kind of empty and I could only find one ore."

Drake looked at Leon and said, "Hmm..by the looks of your face, you're definitly telling the truth. I'll be right back kid."

Leon watched as Drake went into the back. Leon then went into his menu, got Drake's pickaxe, and placed it on the table. Then Drake came back with some ores in his hand. Drake then placed the ores on the table, grabbed his pickaxe, and placed it under the other side of the table. "Just for you kid, I'll help you out. I'll let you use some of mine since I have a lot in the back."

Leon's eyes immediately lit up as soon as Drake got finished say that. "Thank you, thank you, thank you Drake!!"

"No problem kid, so shall we get started then?"

Leon walked over to the other side of the counter and watched as Drake showed him how to make a weapon.

"First, you have to melt the ore down so that you can hammer it into the type of sword that you want to make. Then you take the hammer and well...hammer the ore into a weapon. Last, you have to let the weapon cool off. So, you got all of that Leon?" Then Drake showed him the finished product, a one-handed sword.

"Yes. I got it." Leon said to Drake as he picked up an ore and started to melt it. Then once the ore was melted, he grabbed the hammer from Drake and hammered the melted ore to try to make a one-handed sword, just like Drake did. Then once the weapon cool off, he picked it up and looked at it. "It's a little too dull to be used as an actual weapon, more like for training use but not won't do for a real battle."

"It's alright kid. It's your first try. We can try again." Drake said.

ID: 17528 CD: 2

Leon grabbed another ore and began to make another one-handed sword. This time, Leon payed closer attention to what he did to make sure he didn't mess up this time around. After letting the weapon cool off for a bit, he picked up the weapon and looked at it. "What do you think Drake? I think this is good enough to be called a weapon." Leon said to Drake as he handed the weapon over so that he can inspect it.

Drake got the weapon from Leon and looked at it for a moment. "Hmm...It looks good enough to me. So let's move onto making another weapon."

So Drake thought for a moment and what he should teach Leon next. "How about we try making a rapier."

Drake then took and ore and made a rapier from it. "The trick to make one of these is to make it as light as possible because these types of weapons people use because of its quick-like movements. So you think you can make one of these?"

ID: 17546 CD: 8

Leon watched as Drake made a rapier. Then he asked Leon to try to make one and to try to make it as lightweight as possible. So Leon grabbed another ore and began to make a rapier. This time, Leon hammered a little bit lighter than when he made the sword. When Leon got finished with the weapon, Leon took a look at it and said, "This could be a little lighter, but it feels light enought to use. What you think Drake?"

Then Drake looked at the weapon and made a quick lunge with it a couple of times. "It could be a little lighter, but it's good enough to be called a weapon, even though this is your first time making it."

Drake placed the weapon down and looked at Leon, who was wiping sweat from his face. Drake laughed and said, " It's a tiring job, but you're doing fine Leon. How about we try to make a dagger this time."

ID: 17558 CD: 8

Leon was wiping sweat off his face as he was watching Drake making a dagger. "Isn't a dagger like a multi purpose weapon?"

Drake turned around, showed Leon the dagger and said, "Yep. A dagger has many uses that it can be used for. But if I go over it, we be here all night."

Leon chuckled as he grabbed another ore and began to make a dagger to show to Drake. After finishing the dagger, Leon looked at it for a moment before happily tossing the dagger into the air and catching it.

Then all of sudden, Drake's hand made a quick swipe and he grabbed the dagger from midair, completely catching Leon off guard. "Don't need you hurting yourself now, do we."

Leon rubbed the back of his head with his hand and said, "Sorry, I got a little carried away there. How about you show me how to make a spear Drake."

ID: 17563 CD: 8

"Ok. I'll show you how to make a spear. Just to let you know, there's two types of spears; one-handed and two-handed. Right now, I'm going to show you how to make a one-handed spear. So Drake began to make an one-handed spear.

"Spear are made to be used as a mid range type of weapon, so people who like to put some distance between them and their oppinents right?"

"Right" Drake said as he finished the spear and showed it to Leon, right before he lunged it, stopping mere inches from Leon stomach. "That's how spears work!"

Backing up a few steps, Leon said to Drake, "Couldn't you just swing that spear in a different direction...away from me." Leon the grabbed an ore and began to make the spear. When he got down, Leon wasn't quite sure about this spear. "The blade tip looks a little too dull for me, so I'm going to try to make another one."

ID: 17565 CD: 5

"If you think it's not sharp enough, trash it and grab another ore from the table and make another one." Drake told Leon.

"Alright." Leon said as he placed the spear away from the other weapons and grabbed another ore and tried to make this ore a little sharper. This time, Leon made sure to put more attention to the tip of the spear, in hopes to make it sharper than his last attempt. When Leon got done, he looked at the weapon, but sadly it wasn't sharp enough to his liking.

"The tip still looks a little dull to me."

Drake grabbed the spear, and looked at it as well. "Hmm..it do looks a little dull. Ok, toss it and and have another go at it."

ID: 17572 CD: 4

Leon placed the second spear right beside the first one he made and grabbed another ore. This time, Leon placed a little more heat to the ore and made sure that he put a little more pressure on the tip of the spear. When he got done, Leon checked to make sure to see if his blade was sharp enough. "This one won't do either." So Leon put the spear beside the other two spears and sat down for a moment.

Drake chuckled a little and said, "It's alright. You don't have to make it look just like mine. You just have to trust your instincts and let it tell you how to make the weapon."

With that, Leon got up and said to Drake, "Thanks, I really needed that."

ID: 17537 CD: 3