[PP - F1] 'The Troubles that Comes with Money' with Kotori

Lowenthal walked into the tavern where he sat down and ordered his usual. A 'Fruitie Whatever' as he and Calrex had called it before. As he sat down to take his drink, a few guys walked up to him. They apparently knew Lowenthal from the real world because they called him by his real name.

"Hey Dillion! I didn't know you got stuck in this game too!" The burly man said, sitting across from Lowenthal. Lowenthal looked up from his drink and looked at him. He looked familiar but couldn't place him. "Do I, know you from somewhere?" Lowenthal asked, wanting the scratch the itch in his brain.

"Your dad's the manager of my job, bro." The man said. "But hey, real question is could you lend me some Col?" The man asked. Lowenthal, twitched at his question. "Do you think that real life currency translate into the game?" Lowenthal asked in return. The man got defensive and stood up. "Listen man, you gonna lend me the money or not!? Cause if not, I aint got a use for you." The man shouted.

"Guess I'm useless then." Lowenthal said, looking away. The man stepped back. "Fine then! Be stingy!" He yelled, and then left the tavern. Lowenthal sighed, and leaned into his table feeling the eyes hit his back.

Kotori gazed at the lines and grooves across the oak wood table that took most of the space in her booth. She was so completely, utterly bored out of her mind that this was the only thing she could focus on. Then she heard it. It was a loud gruffy voice that could be overheard from the typical chatter that basically filled the tavern. A strange orange haired boy seemed to be acquaintenced with the man, although the only thing the large man was asking for was money, as if a random person he knew would give it to him. She sighed at this, it was pointless to try to barter witht these kinds of players. "Brainless idiot.." she muttered before returning her focus back towards the table. Another long day it was going to be, Kotori just felt it in her gut.

Lowenthal couldn't deal with the looks being jabbed into him. looking up from his table, meeting the eyes that were staring at him. Lowenthal could feel his chest about to burst. He couldn't deal with it. The looks, the judgement, the embarrassment. The bursting feeling in his chest turned into heavy thumping. He could feel himself getting dizzy. Lowenthal scanned the bar, looking for a friendly face. Someone, anyone he didn't care. Lowenthal quickly stood up and sat down across from a girl. "Hey sis, Thank god you're here." He said, almost panting. "I almost lost it." He said, now looking up. His face went from relive and back into a panic, as the girl whom he thought was his sister was not her. But another girl. They both looked the same from a distance. And t didn't help that he couldn't see straight.

Kotori felt a wave of embarrassment pass through her as the boy who had invited himself to sit in front of her called her sis, as if she knew him. It turns out he was embarrassed as well since he had mistaken for her his actual sister, odd for siblings who would've lived with each other for years and know how the other looks from a distance. "I'm n-not your sister!" she muttered, facing the table with extreme regret of coming into the tavern in the first place. She didn't need to be embarrassed like this at all, especially after all the commotion the boy had just caused inside the building. She couldn't be bothered to be brought down with him as well, but it seemed she would be after all.

Lowenthal stood to his feet, his face redder then his hair. "I, I know that!" He said, stumbling with his words now. "I, I just. It's that I." He stumbled, trying to find the words to say. But his anxiety and embarrassment were getting the better of him. He tried to slow down and gather his thoughts. He didn't understand what he was trying to do, or trying to say. "I'm sorry!" He said one last time, before he started walking out the door.

Kotori felt slightly bad about embarrassing the boy, she didn't really need to state the obvious. As the boy walked out because of the complete utter embarrassment that he had encounter, she decided to follow suit and actually fix the situation. Obligated to apologize for a rude behavior, she walked around and stood in front of him, stopping him from walking. Inside the girl was angry with herself for not ignoring the incident and going back in and doing what she had originally doing, but she still wanted to say sorry to him. "I um.. a-apologize for my behavior, you had just made a mistake..." The brunette answered as she bowed in front of the player.

Lowethal stopped himself to avoid running over the girl. When she apologized that confused him even more. "The fault was mine, yours was a normal reaction." He said, waving his hands in front of himself. "Look I'm sorry that I got you dragged into my panic attack. But, I think I'm feeling better." He said, trying to slow his breathing. "It's just that, my dad has a lot of money. And since I'm his son everyone expects me to have money too." He sat back down at the table. "Apperently they think I have money, even in here." He said, placing his forehead on the table.

Kotori gave a light sigh as the boy calmed down a bit. On one hand she was happy that he was okay now, but on the other hand she was angry with herself for getting involved with him. It was too late now, she couldn't back down from that decision anymore. The girl sat down at the table as well deciding to listen to what he had to say and what the boy had to say was actually as she had heard it. He was rich but also very well-known so many people tried to ask him for money and such even though there was no such thing as real life currency turning into in game money. It was completely and utterly ridicolous and she was very relieved to not be known so well that people would come up to her and ask for Col. "Dad is a business person, don't really know what he does, but whatever he does earns him a lot of money. Its useless though and the only that its made me is miserable. Fortunately nobody so far really knows my dad or me because we aren't famous, just we have money." Kotori decided to add.

Lowenthal picked his head up from the table to see that the girl had not left, but instead had sat down with him. Lowenthal listened to her, and her story was just about the same as his. Lowenthal laughed softly. "Wish I was that lucky. To not be known about. Well, about that at least." He said, he looked back up. "Hey, sorry for bothering you so much. Could I perhaps get you something to drink?" He asked, trying to make up an apology. For wasting her time about his boo hoo story.

Kotori thought about the offer. She had nothing better else to do so she decided to take up the offer and actually have a drink. "Uh thanks, but honestly you weren't really bothering me at all. I was bored anyway so I guess this is ok." she answered before turning her head towards the window. Anything was better than just staring at the lines of a wooden table and it wasn't good for her mental health to do so anyway. Hopefully today wouldn't be so bad as she had originally thought it was going to be like. Maybe it would actually be a good day.

Kotori looked at the boy confused as to how he was acting as only a few minutes ago he was a blubbering mess. The drink he had brought back was a bit odd, but she still wanted to give it a try so she took a sip. It didn't really taste good at all, but to save his feeling she decided to keep drinking. The boy introducded himself as Lowenthal so it was only fair for Kotori to introduce herself as well. "Well, I'm Kotori, Kotori Mutsuki and I couldn't help but noticed that the man from early called you Dillion, any reason behind that Lowenthal?" she asked.

"Dillion... its a nice name." Kotori muttered as she listened to Lowenthal speak. She had used her own name as her username simply because it would feel weird to be called anything else although she didn't expect to play the game long and she definitely didn't expect to make any friends at all. The girl continued to drink some of the smoothie that the boy had brought even though she still didn't enjoy it. She just didn't want to make him feel bad or that he hadn't tried hard enough. Still, it was a bit hard to swallow it with a smile on her face.

Lowenthal looked at Kotori as she barely took a drink. "Is it not good?" He asked, pointing to her drink. He didn't want to force her to drink something that she didn't like. Lowenthal rubbed the back of his head, in embarrassment. "Probably should have asked what kind of drink you would've liked. Huh?" He said, chuckling and blushing slightly.