[OP - F1] Finding Inspiration from Friends

The leaves rustled in the trees as a light, spring breeze passed through them. A leaf fell from the tree and landed on top of Jomei, who was reclined at the base of the tree with his eyes closed. He was leaning against the tree, his hands behind his head and his eyes closed. In his lap, laid his new lute, and a recording crystal sat on the ground next to him. He had been trying to find inspiration for a new song to play, but a writers block kept him from doing so. While taking a break and relaxing, he had accidentally dozed off. He was new to writing music, and has been putting a lot of focus into perfecting his craft.

Leon was walking around in the fields of the first floor in search of something, but he couldn't figure out what it was. "I hate when I can't remember stuff." Leon said while he was hitting his head, so he can force himself to remember. Leon then hummed a song to himself to get his mind away from what he's trying to remember for now. Then the little kid spotted someone dozing off on one of the trees nearby, Then an idea popped into Leon's head. So he sneaked his way to the other side of the tree and waited to see if he was going to wake up soon before he tries to scare the orange-haired boy.

Jomei was sleeping soundly. He had been working a lot lately, training in the fields, doing odd jobs around the town, and working on music, so seep was a friend he had not seen in a long while. He was normally a light sleeper, but the relaxing state he was in drowned out all surrounding sounds. He did not notice the sound of brushing grass and leaves that came from the sneaky feet of the player who was hiding behind the tree. 

He let out a loud yawn and stretched his arms up in the air...

But he fell back asleep, his arms now resting on top of his lute, and his head cocked to the side gently, making the leaf that was sitting on his head to slide off.

Leon jumped as the boy yawned and stretched his arms. "This isn't good." The kid said to himself as he was holding his breath. Then he noticed the boy as he fell back asleep. "Is this really going to work?" Leon said to himself. Then the little kid chuckled and prepared himself to scare the boy. So Leon got up very quietly, and then looked at what the boy had on his lap. A lute and a recording crystal. "A performer huh. Either he fell asleep making a song or he has some trouble writing one." Leon quickly shook those thoughts out his head and walked very slowly and quietly until he got beside the sleeping boy. Then Leon took a deep, deep breath and said to the guy, "BOO!!!"

"Gah!" Jomei's eyes shot open as he let out a short yell. He swung one of his arms back suddenly, thinking to grab his shield, forgetting how he was positioned. Instead of grabbing it, his elbow met with the tree. "Ooww.." He held his elbow in his hand.

"Oi! The hell'd you do that for?!" He looked up at the boy.

He did not recognize him, so it wasn't one of his friends playing a prank on him. Maybe just a typical prankster? Maybe he was just trying to make a new friend? He didnt know, but at the moment, he was still groggy from being woken up suddenly, and was not very appreciative of the sudden scare. 

He checked to make sure he had not damaged his lute or list the crystal. Once he saw they were still there, just as he left them. He placed the crystal back into his inventory, and he sat up straight, moving the lute to his side, leaning it up against the tree. He crossed his arms and looked at the boy with lowered eyebrows.

Leon laughed as the boy jumped up from being scared. "I can't believe that it worked!" Then Leon laughed even more when the boy hit his elbow on the tree. "You're pretty funny for a performer." Leon said to the boy while still laughing. Then after Leon calm down a little, he said to the guy, "My name's Leon. Nice to meet you." Then Leon looked at the lute the boy had for a moment and said to himself, "I haven't seen one of these in a long time since I seen one." Then Leon brought his attention back to the boy and asked him, "Are you having trouble writing a song? As to why I woke you up like that...no particular reason."

Jomei gave the boy a look and sighed. "Thanks.. I guess." He personally did not find being scared and hitting his elbow very funny, but it was all a matter of perspective he guessed. He's just a boy looking to have some fun pranking people, I can't be mad at him.

He smiled at the boy. "o'Im Jomei." He looked down at his lute as well. "Aye, yes. o'ive always been a fan of the lute myself, never got to see one in person in the real world before. o'i thought that, since this is a fantasy world, o'I might as well give it a shot." In the real world, Jomei had always been a fan of the different styles of the lute and how different they all sounded. His favorite was the music composed in his homeland of Ireland, which is what he based many of his tunes off of. 

"o'I was having trouble with a song, yeah." He frowned a bit "But maybe o'ive just been working too hard and could use a break." 

He stood up and  stretched his arms again. It was then that he saw that he towered over the boy, probably by about two feet. 

"Nice to meet you Jomei." Leon said to him. Then Leon listened to Jomei's accent and then said, "You must be Irish." Then Jomei told Leon that he never saw a lute in real life before. "You never really seen one before?" Then the little kid looked around for a moment and said, "You must be starting off then." Then Jomei admitted that he had some trouble writing a song. "Everybody does deserve a break every know and then." Then Leon tried to think of something to help get Jomei's mind off of the song for a while but couldn't think of anything. Leon scratched his head and said to Jomei, "Is there anything in mind that you want to do?"